Happy Birthday Create-A-Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Today marks the second anniversary of the Create-A-Pokemon project!

Two years ago today, Cooper had the idea for a community project to make new pokemon, and posted a fateful thread in Stark Mountain. Little did anyone know that thread would grow into the huge, thriving project known as Create-A-Pokemon.

It's been a fun ride, and I still get enormous enjoyment out of participating in CAP. Even though my other responsibilities in Smogon have grown and I spend lots of time on other things -- I still consider the CAP Project to be "my home" here at Smogon. Every day, when I log onto Smogon -- the CAP forum is the first place I go every time. Smogon has lots of interesting and fun things to do, but as I have said before, when the CAP project is in full swing, and in the middle of making a hot new pokemon -- there is no other place in Smogon that can match the energy, excitement, and diversity of participation that we get here on the CAP Project. In my opinion, when we are firing on all cyclinders, the CAP Project is the best place in all of Smogon!

I hope everyone has enjoyed the past year as much as I have. We've had some ups and downs this past year, but I think the good has outweighed the bad. I look forward to more good stuff in the future.

Happy Birthday!

This makes me feel old. ;-; Syclant doesn't seem so long ago. I can still remember people being pissed Bug won in the polls.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Felicitaciones, felicidades y enhorabuena!

Estas son las mañanitas
que cantaba el rey David.
Hoy por ser tus santos
te las cantamos a ti.

Despierta, mi bien, despierta;
mira que ya amanecio
Ya los pajarillos cantan;
la luna ya se metió

:D

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Cake baked in the shape of Kinesta would be the ultimate in CAP celebration.

Failing that, Happy Birthday, CAP.

Happy B-Day, CAP! Let you have many more.

BTW, I once heard a saying about birthdays: "Birthdays are celebrated for 2 reasons. One is because it could be your last, so party it up. The other is a celebration that you were wrong last year!"

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CAP is probably my favorite part of Smogon, it's a great place filled with fun and interesting people.

Love you guys <3

I've only been here for a short time, but all the same, happy birthday!

But why concentrate on an admittedly illustrious two years, when we can be filled with optimism for the future! Thanks to all the staff who have worked tirelessly to make CAP the success it has become, and may it continue to greater heights in the future! And kudos to you too, fellow contirbuters, who have also put their own time into the aspiration of perfection.

Huzzah! And next year we should have a commerative cake!

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Two years already? Time sure goes by fast...

So, how many of you would be interested in doing a CAP bash (collection of funny quotes in this forum) like last year?

Woot woot!

Even though I've only been participating in C.A.P. for a short while (since the beginning of C.A.P. 9), it's great to see that C.A.P. has been around for this length of time.

I'm looking forward to the next year (hopefully, Shoddy will actually WORK by the time the third aniversary of C.A.P. comes up). I know I plan on being a part of C.A.P. for years to come: I really enjoy this.

Happy birthday, C.A.P.!

(By the way, I second the C.A.P. bash that Bass mentioned.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)