Have you ever broken/fractured any bones?

fell off monkey bars when i was 6, broke my wrist, didnt realize it for 3 days until it hurt to go to the water fountain

what can i say, ive been a badass for years!

I broke/fractured (can't remember which) my left leg's growth plate after I jumped off my parent's bed playing with my little sister and landed on a shoe when I was 14.

Then I sprained the ankle of my right leg at 18 helping my family with our move to California. I was bringing some stuff down from the attic, missed a step, and landed on my ankle. It hurt significantly less than when I fractured my growth plate but I remember this much more vividly - my vision went blurry, nausea set in, and my whole body just turned white. It was fucking painful, yo.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Snapped and dislocated my pinky when it got kicked during a game of rugby, and managed to fracture a bone in my foot landing awkwardly after a jump for ball when i was 12.

I see lots of broken bones etc and take x-rays since I my uni course is radiology and have spent a few months on placement =]

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jumped from a swing, and then my subconscious made the decision that diving into the ground would be appropriate. Broke the arm, healed, no signs of the incident to this day.

i was running around the house when i was like 6 and my pinky toe hit the doorframe and bent out at a 90 degree angle. the funny part was that i didn't look at it and notice how drastic the damage was (it just hurt) for another hour and cried like a motherfucker

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I was expecting lots of X rays! I am disappoint Smogon!

I broke my collar bone playing Ultimate Frisbee in a training session. My captain threw a wonky disk which I chased, jumped for, caught... And then didn't really know how I was going to land from said leap. I ended up landing shoulder first, snapping my left collarbone like a twig. Apparently the Doc said it should of been a lot worse, but my bones are "slighty squishy" which means they take a lot more impact before they snap. Cause I've done all sorts of shit that should of broken bones before (falling out of trees/cars/trucks/tractors/down stairs etc) and never had more than bruising. It's pretty cool knowing that it took so much to actually break one of my bones :D

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Broke my nose when I was 14 at a wrestling tournament. Damn scrub got too hyped up with the cross-faces. Funny part was I still mashed the kid lel

playing football (australian rules) when i was about 11. the 6 hour wait in hospital was probably worse than 6 weeks in cast.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
broke my nose twice playing rugby, don't really have a cool manly story to tell though

@Soul Fly do you mean fingerblast or wank cos im unaware how you shag with a hand, maybe that jokes gone over my head tho

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
broke my nose twice playing rugby, don't really have a cool manly story to tell though

@Soul Fly do you mean fingerblast or wank cos im unaware how you shag with a hand, maybe that jokes gone over my head tho
yeah wank. i realized brits still use 'shag' for intercourse slang.

oddly enough, I've never broken anything. #stayingsafeinsideasingleroom

Make them up! But at least end it with: "and then I ended in bed with four virgins and a rubber duck"

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
broke my hand playing soccer (i was in goal ;_;)

having to have surgery to repair it was easily the worst pain ive been in, will edit in xrays and shit if i can find them

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've actually never broken any noses, despite boxing a lot in HS. Interestingly enough, I've never been in ANY fistfights outside of the ring. One time I did break a guy's arm on the soccer field when we collided head-on at full speed. Poor guy had his arm pinned against his chest at the time of impact, wasn't a pretty sight.

Additionally, I broke a guy's shinbone playing soccer, and let me tell you that has to be the sickest sound ever. Caught him with a full power swing just underneath the bottom of his shinguards (which were pulled up kind of high, iirc), and you could tell before he even landed that something broke.

Broken any bones? No. I have however slipped on a loose carpet and cut my forehead on a door frame (you could see my skull) I have had shit thrown at my head and busted it open, also stepped on a broken beer bottle and sliced my foot open. Tbh the only thing I HAVEN'T broken is a bone...... does not include privates i do not plan to break that anytime soon.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Broke my right arm, when playing football and the left arm when skiing :)

And i ran over a girl with my car, but I don't think she broke something

BurningMan

fueled by beer
When i was at a party 3 years ago i fell down a flight of stairs i didn't saw in the dark and according to the doctor i had the worst case of "broken hand" she ever saw.

Bad quality but the amount of metal in my hand should suffice to show how severe it was xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)