Project heat

Hi I was the one that spammed a lot of golurk and meteor beam nplot mew for free wins against alot of the high ladder olters in week 1 and week 2. I'll post the team and sets here since it has seen a lot of use and I'm pretty bored of it now:
1598156065178.png

Some actual takeaways from using the team would be that urshifu with only dark stabs and iron head/poison jab on the adament bulk up lo set breaks a lot of teams quite easily. Meteor beam on mew surprises volcarona in clutch situations (which it has over necrozma due to the higher speed tier) and gives it a boost to break in quite fun ways. Golurk is unironically a decent pokemon as its able to break down many cores and potentially get some bs confusion luck.

Some replays:
Against Lopunny Kicks using Stall
Against the Goat Omari P
Against John W using Kyurem Balance
Against Ditto Stall
Finally its featured in this blunder video when i passed it to him ages ago
Enjoy!

you already know wtf goin on

Cycle 3

Part 1:
  • Scarf Mew with Trick, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp
  • Umbreon
  • Bewear
  • Steelix
  • Roserade
  • stall with Zarude and Magnezone
  • CM + Stored Power Clefable
  • Shell Smash + Rapid Spin Cloyster
  • Counter Tyranitar
  • Tyranitar with Stealth Rock + Rock Tomb + Roar
  • Colbur Berry Jirachi
  • Vaporeon
Part 2:
  • Quick Attack Zeraora
  • Stunfisk
  • Quick Attack + U-Turn Scyther
  • SubDisable Dragapult with Hex and Thunder Wave
  • sash lead Krookodile
  • Mr Rime
  • Gigalith
  • Klutz Assault Vest Trick Golurk
  • Grassy Seed Espeon with CM + Stored Power
  • Coalossal
  • Heavy Slam Tyranitar on stall
  • Noivern
  • Heavy-Duty Boots Tyranitar
  • Quiver Dance + Defog Volcarona
  • Roost + 3 Attacks LO Hydreigon with Superpower

Last edited:
you already know wtf goin on

Cycle 3

Part 1:
  • Scarf Mew with Trick, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp
  • Umbreon
  • Bewear
  • Steelix
  • Roserade
  • stall with Zarude and Magnezone
  • CM + Stored Power Clefable
  • Shell Smash + Rapid Spin Cloyster
  • Counter Tyranitar
  • Tyranitar with Stealth Rock + Rock Tomb + Roar
  • Colbur Berry Jirachi
  • Vaporeon
Thank you very much, I have only a question: have you got any replay of this "heat" ?

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
Ive used all of those mons and have several sets for each othem. besides the very specific mew sets none of them were special; I can list out many of them if you want and a few fire ones. umbreon, roserade, vap, bewear, and tyranitar are mons i have a lot experience with. bewear is extremely good imo with umbreon as well. personally id go with sylveon + mandibuzz + hydreigon as ur cores. (wish offensive sylveon and def helmet mandibuzz with scarf hydreigon with head smash ).
OP said they wouldn’t be sharing Replays until after Cycle 3 is over, so they don’t expose the teams of those who are still laddering.

Thank you very much, I have only a question: have you got any replay of this "heat" ?
As others have stated, I will not be uploading any replays for now. Maybe later, though. If you want to see these sets in action then I recommend you go on showdown and look for active battles in the 1700+ ELO area, or watch games as soon as their links appear in the OLT room. That’s generally what I’ve been doing to find these examples.

As others have stated, I will not be uploading any replays for now. Maybe later, though. If you want to see these sets in action then I recommend you go on showdown and look for active battles in the 1700+ ELO area, or watch games as soon as their links appear in the OLT room. That’s generally what I’ve been doing to find these examples.
Thank you very much!

Clefable @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Psych Up

I used this set during the suspect Magearna to deal with the Iron Defense + CM variant, and also for Volcarona, and as Volcarona is up at the moment (and more flexible than before) I decided to share this.
The spread allows you to survive 2 Fire Blast by Volcarona Timid (252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 166-196 (42.1 - 49.7%). HDB helps to bluff Magic Guard in some scenarios and prevents Toxic Spikes damage.
Psych Up copies the stats and was the only "wincon" on the team I used to get to vote for suspect.

Not the best replays in the world but...
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1155772175-56lik1bzucx0d78k3o4i3zgkmnaro5kpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1155756089-y1bc5hdrzz0anedw4tw0kshmj4tixiupw

:ss/toxicroak:

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Bulk Up / Super Fang
- Toxic

Currently working on a rain team for the Crawdaunt teambuilding competition, theory-moned this thing up to deal with Urshifu-SS and it works a treat. It is resistant to all 3 of Wicked Blow, Close Combat and Poison Jab, while also resisting U-Turn as well. Doesn't even take that much from Iron Head either. On rain, with Dry Skin and Black Sludge alone, this bad boy heals 18.75% per turn. Unfortunately Rapid-Strike likes to run Zen Headbutt, which ruins this mon, otherwise it would be a great answer to that mon as well.

Gunk Shot means you also become one of the better Azumarill checks in the game, and can also deal with Clef and Rillaboom. Bulk Up turns you into a potential win condition. Super Fang lets you chip those pesky steel birds, and defensive fairies (looking at you again Clef).

Toxic is mandatory, as it gives you a solid option into potential bulky switch-ins like Hippo or Gastrodon.

Want to make my way up to mid ladder before getting replays, but will work on that. Here are some calcs in the meantime.

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak on a critical hit: 139-164 (37.5 - 44.3%) -- 97.1% chance to 4HKO after Dry Skin recovery and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 138-163 (37.2 - 44%) -- 95.3% chance to 4HKO after Dry Skin recovery and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 124-146 (33.5 - 39.4%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Dry Skin recovery and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 27-32 (7.2 - 8.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak in Grassy Terrain: 194-229 (52.4 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Dry Skin recovery, Black Sludge recovery, and Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak in Grassy Terrain: 194-229 (52.4 - 61.8%) -- 66% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
0 Atk Kommo-o Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 146-174 (39.4 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 268-316 (72.4 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 179-212 (48.3 - 57.2%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 76-91 (20.5 - 24.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 241-284 (65.1 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Toxicroak Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu: 170-204 (49.8 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Toxicroak Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rillaboom: 93-111 (27.2 - 32.5%) -- 62.7% chance to 4HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
4 Atk Toxicroak Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rillaboom: 296-350 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
4 Atk Toxicroak Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Crawdaunt: 194-230 (72.6 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Toxicroak Gunk Shot vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 330-390 (96.4 - 114%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Belly Drum
4 Atk Toxicroak Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 240-284 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
:ss/Ninetales:
Ninetales @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Toxic / Scorching Sands / Will-O-Wisp

:ninetales: is a niche sun-setter in gen8 ou and it got also used with success in WCoP by team italy, so i thought about a heat-set to provide with an explanation ofc. the set i thought about is heavy-dusty boots ninetales with some offensive but also supportive assets. the first slot is for boosting its breaking power due to nasty plot, it can use the opportunity to set-up a nasty plot when facing ferrothorn, amoonguss or corviknight as these pkmn will most likely not stay in on a strong drought-boosted fire blast as these will OHKO these pkmn in the sun due to all 3 of them are physically defensive anyway.
fire blast is its strong stab-option, but you can go for flamethrower if you want the accuracy over the power; fire blast hits a lot of pkmn in the tier for at least neutral damage. due to sand being so prominent i think energy ball is the best way to go to punish hippowdon, therefore solar beam will not get disrupted by the sandstream hippo causes, also energy ball hits other targets still for a good chunk of damage, like slowbro and crawdaunt. the last slot is flexible and depends on the team you wanna use ninetales on: toxic hits targets like kommo-o and hydreigon thus they are put on a timer. same goes for rotom-heat and volcarona. while not being so prominent in the ou metagame alola-marowak can get hit too by toxic or a strong scorching sands. speaking of scorching sands it can hit targets like zeraora (with a possible burn) and toxapex. will-o-wisp can also be used instead, as it can hit strong physical attackers like azumarill, hawlucha, urshifu, gyarados, and haxorus to disrupt their physical breaking power.

i personally believe this ninetales set is really heat and also kind of viable and it can work as a surprise in gen8 ou and has - due to the wide range of movepool - the potential to surprise offensive teams and balanced teams alike.

while torkoal still seems to be the better option on sun-oriented teams, ninetales can offer a small surprise factor on these kind of teams with hitting threatening targets for its teammates with either a strong stab-move or status-move. the coverage-moves are also pretty decent and i think experimenting with it semms like a nice option in general.

replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1177451790-6g3cjruirb7l7yc1pbnmhlf3vf1cidfpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1177452620-l19ltmefmp7oypbfu4bs5bjo90ujyxzpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1177454798-leec1pdsbxfrg9962jpkp2ybkh5tjozpw

Slowbro-Galar @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

Hello,
This is is an uncompetitive Pokemon that should be banned. You come in on clefable, toxapex and whatever noob fairy types your opponent has and then click nasty plot. If you're bad, then you will not get quick draw to activate.

Replays
Cocky noob loses excadrill and then their dignity: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1178661436-3fuuhnvd1dotv4xny7z529ky6wfvjn3pw

Outspeed the useless revenge killers, Urshipu and Dragadolt Turn 29. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1178713573

No counterplay, 5-0 sweep. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1178717135-x4p4t4poei6m2yxnvnp7kcbbvk6h8onpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1178718791

I'm serious. This takes no skill.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Taking a page from Togekiss's book but with a much, much better offensive typing and Speed tier, Trick+Nasty Plot ScarfGar can flip the script on defensive threats like Blissey or Toxapex by crippling them with a Choice Scarf while outpacing and revenge killing offensive threats with its great Speed tier. Not sure if this set even counts as "heat" anymore since it's been getting a bit of OLT usage, but it's definitely a bit unorthodox. At worst you're giving someone an unsolicited Scarf; at best you're giving a wall an unsolicited Scarf, setting up on a free turn, wallbreaking, and revenge killing all in one.

Clefable @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish

As a reference to Tio Chico's Timbs Clef set posted earlier here, this set bluffs the traditional WishPort Clef set with Boots but can emergency check all the Hawluchas crawling around on the ladder thanks to Unaware, too.

Hi I was the one that spammed a lot of golurk and meteor beam nplot mew for free wins against alot of the high ladder olters in week 1 and week 2. I'll post the team and sets here since it has seen a lot of use and I'm pretty bored of it now:
Hey sugarhigh, thanks for sharing, I've tried it and Golurk is really nice vs balance cores.
Question, I've been struggling vs Rilla teams, especially when accompanied with Pult, and I haven't found much counterplay vs Rilla with the team. Thoughts?
Also I've noticed how tspikes can be annoying.
I'm wondering if you've tried like a variation of this team with Gengar or Toxtricity?

:ss/toxicroak:

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot / Bulk Up / Super Fang
- Toxic

Currently working on a rain team for the Crawdaunt teambuilding competition, theory-moned this thing up to deal with Urshifu-SS and it works a treat. It is resistant to all 3 of Wicked Blow, Close Combat and Poison Jab, while also resisting U-Turn as well. Doesn't even take that much from Iron Head either. On rain, with Dry Skin and Black Sludge alone, this bad boy heals 18.75% per turn. Unfortunately Rapid-Strike likes to run Zen Headbutt, which ruins this mon, otherwise it would be a great answer to that mon as well.

Gunk Shot means you also become one of the better Azumarill checks in the game, and can also deal with Clef and Rillaboom. Bulk Up turns you into a potential win condition. Super Fang lets you chip those pesky steel birds, and defensive fairies (looking at you again Clef).

Toxic is mandatory, as it gives you a solid option into potential bulky switch-ins like Hippo or Gastrodon.

Want to make my way up to mid ladder before getting replays, but will work on that. Here are some calcs in the meantime.

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak on a critical hit: 139-164 (37.5 - 44.3%) -- 97.1% chance to 4HKO after Dry Skin recovery and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 138-163 (37.2 - 44%) -- 95.3% chance to 4HKO after Dry Skin recovery and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 124-146 (33.5 - 39.4%) -- 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Dry Skin recovery and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 27-32 (7.2 - 8.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak in Grassy Terrain: 194-229 (52.4 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Dry Skin recovery, Black Sludge recovery, and Grassy Terrain recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak in Grassy Terrain: 194-229 (52.4 - 61.8%) -- 66% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
0 Atk Kommo-o Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 146-174 (39.4 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 268-316 (72.4 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 179-212 (48.3 - 57.2%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 76-91 (20.5 - 24.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Black Sludge recovery
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxicroak: 241-284 (65.1 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Toxicroak Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu: 170-204 (49.8 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Toxicroak Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rillaboom: 93-111 (27.2 - 32.5%) -- 62.7% chance to 4HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
4 Atk Toxicroak Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rillaboom: 296-350 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
4 Atk Toxicroak Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Crawdaunt: 194-230 (72.6 - 86.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Toxicroak Gunk Shot vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 330-390 (96.4 - 114%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Belly Drum
4 Atk Toxicroak Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 240-284 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I tweaked some EVs for some benchmarks (1 important one!) and added Taunt as an option w/explanation. Cool set!

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 44 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off / Taunt
- Super Fang / Bulk Up / Toxic

16 Speed EVs lets Toxicroak outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt which is a very important benchmark since this set's job is to beat Mr. Krabs (among other things). 44 SpDef EVs lets Toxicroak dodge the 2HKO from the standard SubCM Primarina about 88% of the time (without the SpDef it's over a 60% shot to be 2HKO'd, and even though you outspeed Primarina Gunk Shot can miss) and Black Sludge Gengar's Shadow Ball about 78% of the time. The defense EVs still hit the same benchmarks so no big loss there.

IMO Taunt is worth a slash on this set since it kinda walls Toxapex and Ferrothorn (Gyro Ball is doing 23% max while Drain Punch is doing 29-34%) and can stop them from setting up hazards to boot. Toxic is good to catch Hippo and Mandibuzz on the switch, but Super Fang applies a lot of pressure as well (you have to switch out after firing off either option regardless), and Gunk Shot already carries a solid Poison chance. Super Fang is legit when paired with Knock Off because this set is not getting past Corviknight/Skarm anyways, but removing their item and putting heavy pressure on them to Roost is good momentum. Bulk Up isn't that great unless paired with Taunt because this set lacks priority, is sloooow, and is still quite vulnerable to SE moves and just strong special attacks in general.

Last edited:

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Fire Punch
- Acrobatics / Earthquake
- Substitute
- Belly Drum

Basically use this on a sun team in order to bluff the specs set. Sub on the switch and proceed to Belly Drum and tear up whatever Dragapult/Hydreigon/Blissey etc. switched in. Acrobatics hits Kommo-o and Pelipper (pretty sure Hydreigon gets OHKOed by Fire Punch); Earthquake hits Tyranitar and guarantees the OHKO on max defensive Pex from full health.

Probably not super good, but fun to use nonetheless

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1184924673

EDIT: If you don’t want to use sun or are worried about no solar power revealing your bluff, this also works on other builds, especially because it uses most Clefs (which are everywhere) as setup bait.

Last edited:

Charizard @ Salac Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Fire Punch
- Acrobatics / Earthquake
- Substitute
- Belly Drum

Basically use this on a sun team in order to bluff the specs set. Sub on the switch and proceed to Belly Drum and tear up whatever Dragapult/Hydreigon/Blissey etc. switched in. Acrobatics hits Kommo-o and Pelipper (pretty sure Hydreigon gets OHKOed by Fire Punch); Earthquake hits Tyranitar and guarantees the OHKO on max defensive Pex from full health.

Probably not super good, but fun to use nonetheless

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1184924673
Is the 100% accuracy worth the loss of power from Blaze Kick?

Is the 100% accuracy worth the loss of power from Blaze Kick?
Yeah because you're at +6 and in Blaze range so everything OHKOs anyway, and a miss loses you your sweeper. Although tbh the Sun bluff isn't very good because it obviously doesn't have Solar Power. Perhaps if your opponent just thinks you're incompetent they'll fall for it, but realistically no Solar Power means something's up. They might assume you're a defensive set of some kind, but then what's that doing on Sun?

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
I refuse to play ou before things change however I just wanna drop some heat mew sets for yall.

trick room mew:
252 attack/252 spa
focus sash
- trick room
- misty explosion
- psychic
- taunt

encore mew
timid
twisted spoon
252 spa/252 speed
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Encore

this is pretty team-specific but if you can tailor the second move to your liking It's really amazing. u can even take on bisharps that sucker
bc ur that fucking fantastic

Cinderace @ Protective Pads
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- U-turn / Bulk Up
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick / Gunk Shot

Exchanges hazard immunity for freedom to U-turn (with so many Helmet users and eventually Flame Body Coalossal / Volcarona) and Zen Headbutt in Toxapex, avoiding possible poisoned from 50/50 Baneful Bunker.

Ghost Buster
Toxtricity @ Assault Vest
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 244 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nuzzle
- Hex
- Boomburst
- Overdrive/Drain Punch

Shift Gear is excellent but you significantly lose your capacity to wallbreak if there are Ghost types to eat your Boombursts. This set is a lure for Gengar, Aegislash, and most importantly Dragapult. After a Nuzzle, you will outspeed Modest/Lonely Dragapult. You can live a Specs Draco after rocks, and one unboosted Dragon Darts without rocks damage. Hex kills after the Nuzzle.

If you run Drain Punch over Overdrive, you can PP stall Blissey's Seismic Tosses or win the 1v1 with a full para

Yeah because you're at +6 and in Blaze range so everything OHKOs anyway, and a miss loses you your sweeper. Although tbh the Sun bluff isn't very good because it obviously doesn't have Solar Power. Perhaps if your opponent just thinks you're incompetent they'll fall for it, but realistically no Solar Power means something's up. They might assume you're a defensive set of some kind, but then what's that doing on Sun?
Exactly my logic on Blaze Kick and your point on Solar Power makes sense. However, it is possible to bring in Zard after something dies while sun is up, in which case Solar Power wouldn’t take away health before the next turn anyway, so it doesn’t ruin your bluff until after you’ve already gotten your free turn to sub on the switch, at which point it’s probably too late for the opponent to realize something’s up with you revealing no Solar Power. Additionally, this is more of a fun set that I don’t think is necessarily super good competitively, so I think it’s reasonable for us to assume that some opponents are incompetent or that they will notice it’s not Solar Power and think you made a mistake in team builder while testing teams. In addition, even if your opponent realizes you’re not running Solar Power zard, Belly Drum is such a random set anyways that I’d imagine it takes them by surprise. Another smaller point is that this Zard is a wincon and you ideally won’t be using it til the end of the game anyway; thus, your opponent might assume it’s specs and keep their Blissey safe while letting their Rotom-H, which is a better answer, get worn down.

Finally, I’ve effectively used this set outside of sun cuz you can easily set up on most Clefs anyway (which are all over the place) without needing to bluff solar power specs to get a switch and thus a free turn to sub; and like you mentioned opponents might believe you’re running a defensive Defog set in this case.

Sorry for the super long reply on a small point lol; it’s late and I have to procrastinate school work.

:Slowbro-galar:
Slowbro-Galar @ Quick Claw
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Shell Side Arm
- Earthquake
- Drain Punch

This is Skillbro, and 44% of the time this set is the most dangerous thing you will ever face in any tier ever, bar none.

The way it works is simple: set up a Belly Drum on something passive or on a Screens team and then potentially do some damage. Shell Side Arm is basically always physical at +6 with this much investment and as such is the far superior choice over Poison Jab. With a Quick Claw+Quick Draw, G-Bro has a 44% chance of cheating each turn; at +6 it OHKOs everything but Unaware users and Corviknight, and Corviknight can't even come close to 2HKOing it in return.

This set obviously only works in the hands of an incredibly skilled player, so it isn't exactly easy to use. However, an adept player capable of outplaying his or her opponent will find this set to be incredibly rewarding.

44% of the time, it works every time.

EDIT: If anybody thought this was some shitty gimmick, I have some replays to assure you that it is, indeed, a shitty gimmick.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1190610234

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1190607918-xefg6bjnudvjs22x51ehf65mkfcfhvhpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1190604295-yzxvpffcgl4p57oq2s6d0jmupwqhw0jpw

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)