Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

SR+Bulky U-Turns straight up. TBolt to take on BulkyGyaras. TWave for any random sweeper who I find annoying. Also U-Turns straight out of starting CBTars to member no. 4. IVed to be slower.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit

I use this and member no.5 in tandem to keep cutting Blissey's health with Pursuit so that member no.4 can pick her off at some point.

Yanmega (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 80 HP/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Hypnosis
- Protect

Lategame cleaner. Hypnosis+Protect ensure that it can get off a fast sleep early in the game.

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Enjoys coming in on starting CBTars after Uxie U-Turns out.

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Pursuit

Enjoys coming in on Gengar Shadow Balls, Azelf Psychics, Starmie Rapid Spins etc. Also comes in on Bulky U-Turns out of Cress.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 172 HP/252 Def/84 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf

Wish Vappy. IB>HP Elec since I have GDos covered by Uxie.

I'm sensing some serious weaknesses here, so a little help would be greatly appreciated.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Opponent sends out Electivire@Expert Belt!
Earthquake (metagross)
Thunder Punch (Vaporeon)
Cross Chop (Weavile)
Ice Punch (yanmega - Dugtrio)

Careful for these. Also, you need a special wall. I suggest you switch vaporeon with milotic/suicune. They could serve better.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love how this team is structured and built around the offense it poseses. I must admit I haven't seen anything similar.

If that U-turn is performed against Tyranitar...and it used Pursuit, you may find yourself in trouble with Gyarados because you will have lossed enough health to allow Gyarados to OHKO your Uxie after a Dragon Dance has been set up. Anyway, that's situational and shouldn't be worried about as much as the next issue.

Lucario, as always, creates an unfortunate problem for many teams...and this is another one. It seems that your only solution is using Thunder Wave on him with Uxie who will hold of the Crunch, but barely (and this is assuming you're at max HP). Follows on to OHKO Metagross and Vaporeon with Close Combat, and finishing off Yanmega, Weavile and Dugtrio with the priority move, Extremespeed.

Let's cut the the chase, I believe you can remove something (Metagross, personally) in order to patch up some loose ends in the team. I know it's offensively based, but I feel that a Gliscor could work wonders over Metagross. With an extra Pokemon that (with Ice Fang) can stop Garchomp, or atleast activate its Yache Berry so Weavile can come in and finish it off. It also covers Lucario and Heracross particulary well. You could even throw U-turn on the set to keep pressure on the opponent with your Dugtrio, Weavile and Yanmega in the wings. Of course you would still use Ice Fang, Earthquake and Roost too.

Now you can replace Ice Beam on Vaporeon with Hidden Power [Electric] for complete Gyarados coverage. You can always add Ice Beam on Uxie over Thunderbolt once this change has been made (because I feel Salamence will wreck Vaporeon anyway, with or without Ice Beam).

Let me know how this goes, Gmax. Quality team though!

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not sure if Metagross is exactly the best choice for that role. The way you described him is to "pick off Blissey" so Dugtrio can get in a kill. With Weavile already doing that job (with Pursuit). Also, you have 3 strong physical sweepers (all Choice Banded) so you can afford to get rid of one (Metagross) and tie up all the loose ends of your team (as someone mentioned you need something to soak up special hits well).

Hope this helped ^^.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I love how this team is structured and built around the offense it poseses. I must admit I haven't seen anything similar.

If that U-turn is performed against Tyranitar...and it used Pursuit, you may find yourself in trouble with Gyarados because you will have lossed enough health to allow Gyarados to OHKO your Uxie after a Dragon Dance has been set up. Anyway, that's situational and shouldn't be worried about as much as the next issue.

Lucario, as always, creates an unfortunate problem for many teams...and this is another one. It seems that your only solution is using Thunder Wave on him with Uxie who will hold of the Crunch, but barely (and this is assuming you're at max HP). Follows on to OHKO Metagross and Vaporeon with Close Combat, and finishing off Yanmega, Weavile and Dugtrio with the priority move, Extremespeed.

Let's cut the the chase, I believe you can remove something (Metagross, personally) in order to patch up some loose ends in the team. I know it's offensively based, but I feel that a Gliscor could work wonders over Metagross. With an extra Pokemon that (with Ice Fang) can stop Garchomp, or atleast activate its Yache Berry so Weavile can come in and finish it off. It also covers Lucario and Heracross particulary well. You could even throw U-turn on the set to keep pressure on the opponent with your Dugtrio, Weavile and Yanmega in the wings. Of course you would still use Ice Fang, Earthquake and Roost too.

Now you can replace Ice Beam on Vaporeon with Hidden Power [Electric] for complete Gyarados coverage. You can always add Ice Beam on Uxie over Thunderbolt once this change has been made (because I feel Salamence will wreck Vaporeon anyway, with or without Ice Beam).

Let me know how this goes, Gmax. Quality team though!

I like the bit about U-Turn Gliscor! Yes, another Bulky U-Turner haha! But then Bliss can't be OHKOed leaving Yanmega open to being swept. Oh well, I'll deal with that when I come to it. So max/max HP/Def Bold Gliscor with EQ/U-Turn/Ice Fang/Roost?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Impish nature. You don't need all 252 EVs in Defense, personally...try 80 EVs in SDef so you can Roost Ice Beam attacks from Blissey / Cressilia for only 45% (ish) of damage. Although it's not "needed", yet an alternative. Max Defense is fine.

You can always rely on Dugtrio to take out Blissey, so Yanmega isn't a complete lost cause =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)