HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
and go eat 10 chocolate cakes

seriously, how does the old art of Silver look 'badass'? He looks fat, short, awkwardly chunky hair... He just looks like the fat kid who bullies the other kids. (Oh and he he needs to learn how to dress).

At least the new art work makes him look like a (moderately) normal person, and and he looks pretty shady / suspicious. You people need to get the god-damn nostalgia glasses off and stop talking about how he looks already! If it's going to ruin your experience don't buy the game nobody is forcing you.

If by nostalgia glasses you mean preferring a character that isn't drawn to look completely feminine, then yes, i am rocking the nostalgia glasses.

Yeh the one on the left looks like a greasy pedophille and the one on the right looks normal, and pretty cool I think. And NOT like a pussy...

And Tytus, I strongly disagree, I think this IS a place for fanboys. I don't like Ash though, now there's a pussy for yah.

Has it crossed anyones mind that if Kanto is confirmed what would happen to FRLG Kanto Pokes, will it show the routes they were actually caught on?
That is actually a very good question! I have no idea if HG/SS would be able to be compatible with the FR/LG locations, but I'm leaning towards "no," if only because some of the FR/LG locations won't be in HG/SS, like the Pokemon Mansion, and some will have changed names, like the Pokemon Tower, etc.

He's not that fat, and short is logical for a ten year old kid. Tall and anorexic is far from it...
Silver is older than Gold & Kris. There's an estimation going around Bulbagarden that he's about 13 when HG/SS starts. Also he doesn't look anorexic at all.

He DOES look FAT and SHORT and OUTDATED-looking in the old art, though.

Stop complaining about idiotic shit you guys :avatar2:

There's no given age for the game version of Silver, so we don't know how old he is. And besides, being thirteen and looking that much like a woman is even worse - you're meant to get more masculine as you grow older, not less.

WOW.. I can't quite believe how dumb some of you sound. Stop complaining because I don't think that even if they received a million trillion letters saying how much you all hate the new silver sprite, they would change it back. Just stop being such a bunch of sour pussies and enjoy all of the new and improved stuff that will and is coming out of the remakes okay? If you don't like it just don't play it! Simples. :p Infact I'd be happy to take the games off of your hands once you have completed them and decided that they are shite. :D

G/S rival sprite made me think I was battling a Christmas elf.

._.

And I didn't even know what gender the elf was, but I think Lance or the Shuckle guy clued me in.

On top of all that I was wondering why a genderless Christmas elf would want to steal Pokemon, kick me and stuff. Hard day at Santa's workshop?

HG/SS sprite is really an improvement. I'll take a cousin of Roark over a nasty Christmas elf anyday.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yeah i like the new sprite, really haven't seen anything ive disliked yet but we haven't seen the wifi lobby yet so there is still plenty of time to have this game go crappy

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i did, i thought elm was actually asking me what him name was and i had to answer the question marks

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lol. I did Tytus, but ehn i reset to make it my cousin's name (we always named our rivals after each other). I was so confused. =P

So who all named Silver "????"?

No Pokemon Sunday news?
I did it in Gold, Silver and Crystal. I might even do it again in HG/SS for tradition/nostalgia's sake.

Pokemon Sunday news was mediocre as expected. New Pokethalon outfits for Gold/Silver, Morty's gym gets a cool makeover and Slowpoke new sprite (I believe) were the highlights.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I named Silver ????, don't know if i will in hg/ss even if for the nostalgia. The games looking very good shame its ages till it comes out in England although with platinum having only come out in may it might be a good thing.

That is actually a very good question! I have no idea if HG/SS would be able to be compatible with the FR/LG locations, but I'm leaning towards "no," if only because some of the FR/LG locations won't be in HG/SS, like the Pokemon Mansion, and some will have changed names, like the Pokemon Tower, etc.
This plus some of the map pictures from PokeSunday, make me a little apprehensive about Kanto in general, although it was in the orignal, its having a much large focus on Johto this go around.

But if Kanto is confirmed, I would expect that its possible for them to re read the Route data, and if it still exists, it would be like a swarm effect if that poke was in your party, and that poke is not found there at all.

EDIT: if waht you say is true we will have two different style of Kanto mons.

On the topic of character designs, I actually like the rival's new art more than the old one. Other than that, the male character doesn't look too bad, but I dislike the new female character's design. Gah, I liked Kris/Marina a lot more.

Personally, my favorite character design, by far, is May's from Emerald; she looks badass and ready for action in that image with her stare and holding the Premier Ball in her hands. ...But that's just what I think, of course.

The Rival in GSC was kind of a bad guy though. At least two of his pokemon are stolen.
That's what I'm saying, HGSS Silver does not look at all like a thief, he hardly even resembles GSC Silver. That's the whole point, to somewhat resemble GSC Silver, right?

Oh well, now time to stare at him for 72 hours and get used to him enough. lol. I'm starting to get used to him already, he looks a little like a bad guy if you keep thinking "he's a bad guy he's a bad guy he's a bad guy". Try it!

Wait:

http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GB-GBC/Pokemon-GSC-Kanto.png

What's with the icons for the cities, like Pewter, it's that big?

Personally, my favorite character design, by far, is May's from Emerald; she looks badass and ready for action in that image with her stare and holding the Premier Ball in her hands. ...But that's just what I think, of course.
I dead-on agree with this. With the advent of Emerald, I personally thought Brendan and May looked the best out of the protagonists of the game series. It's like what 2nd gen was, but 3x better.

Hell, May's artwork is one of the reasons why I like the Premier Ball so much. It just looks so cool.

The new map's graphics seem quite odd-looking to me imo, I mean, the colors used just seem so childish, unlike the ones before, where they look, well... Un-noticeable to complain about. It's just that Hg/Ss' variant seems so... Out-of-place.

EDIT: Don't know if this vid's been shown, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)