HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why people shouldn't make fan 'concept art' when is game is still in the works and folks are waiting for news... Very misleading. And then everyone starts believing in false information.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
This is why people shouldn't make fan 'concept art' when is game is still in the works and folks are waiting for news... Very misleading. And then everyone starts believing in false information.
That reminds me of all the fake art of the D/P "Fighting, Dark, Psychic trio" except that art got my hopes up more than this one. While with the fake trio art(one in particular) I was disappointed but with this fake art I'm happy. I was really annoyed with the lack of a Safari Zone in this map but I still have doubts it will appear in-game.

That video's already confirmed fake. For example, the text for that Cynthia battle is exactly the same as the text the Team Rocket member uses when talking to the Kimono Girl.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I always expected her Spiritombto follow her, but you never know. =P

Too bad if it is a fake, though.

Honestly, I don't really care if Kanto has a Safari zone or not an I think I am one of the only people who would like Kanto to be how it was in GSC. However maybe gamefreak can expand the plot that team rocket has basically destroyed Kanto and bla bla bla and then you face off with team rocket and save the day. I do want more quality trainers in Kanto though.
I wouldn't be mad if they revamped Kanto either but I think I would prefer it how it was in the originals.

Let's be honest, regions don't turn into empty wastelands in three years.

Viridian Forest? Hmm let's just say it was chopped down.

Safari Zone? Uhhh closed.

Cinnabar? Err.. An underwater volcano erupted!

Cerulean Cave? Let's say it collapsed.

Saffron Fighting Dojo? Urm.. Master is in Johto.

Pokemon Tower? Let's make it a radio tower but with a catch: you can't get past the first floor! Yeah!!

Silph Co.? Let's also make it first floor only!

Mt. Moon? Clefairys magically shrunk it!

Gamefreak: Booyah! This Kanto is gonna be awesome!

I'm sure this definitely does not win, but there are lots of Lv.5 cocoons in the forests in the 3rd gen.

I think Kanto should be as it was, but with an added story later.

Honestly, I don't mind if it really is a GSC remake. To be sure, they were my favorite out of the series, and I like Pokemon enough to continue playing it. The only issues I see would be a lack of "new" content. What made the originals so fun, as many people have pointed at, is that they brought so many new things to the Pokemon series.

Unless Nintendo pulls something amazingly new for the GSC remakes, then surely they will just be "average" except to people who loved the originals.

As to the other ideas, I don't really think it's going to be anything else. It would be cool for a sequel to the crappy PBR though. Even a Pokemon Stadium remake for the Wii would be really cool.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Wasn't the town built on the volcano? I'm pretty it was, and it erupted destroying the... 3~4 buildings.

And you forgot that Seafoam Islands were reduced to a tiny tiny room.
I recall something on the games/forums saying it was also the volcano's work.

Game Freak is so smart, they cut down everything in Kanto, but always gave a reason to the cuts >_>

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Let's be honest, regions don't turn into empty wastelands in three years.

Viridian Forest? Hmm let's just say it was chopped down.

Safari Zone? Uhhh closed.

Cinnabar? Err.. An underwater volcano erupted!

Cerulean Cave? Let's say it collapsed.

Saffron Fighting Dojo? Urm.. Master is in Johto.

Pokemon Tower? Let's make it a radio tower but with a catch: you can't get past the first floor! Yeah!!

Silph Co.? Let's also make it first floor only!

Mt. Moon? Clefairys magically shrunk it!

Gamefreak: Booyah! This Kanto is gonna be awesome!
they only did all this crap due to space requirements on the gbc cart. It will be 1000X better in hgss i predict.

Honestly, I don't mind if it really is a GSC remake. To be sure, they were my favorite out of the series, and I like Pokemon enough to continue playing it. The only issues I see would be a lack of "new" content. What made the originals so fun, as many people have pointed at, is that they brought so many new things to the Pokemon series.

Unless Nintendo pulls something amazingly new for the GSC remakes, then surely they will just be "average" except to people who loved the originals.

As to the other ideas, I don't really think it's going to be anything else. It would be cool for a sequel to the crappy PBR though. Even a Pokemon Stadium remake for the Wii would be really cool.
Umm.. I'm pretty sure it was confirmed to be a GS remake awhile ago. As for the new stuff, read some other parts of the thread, not just the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)