HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont belive this everytime in the days before the next corocoro a stream of dum rumors likme all competitive moveset tutors and all region bundles start springing up. Its seriously boring after youve seen like this happen like 5 times in one thread.

HGSS Jirachi

There was a Jirachi that Japanese Platinum owners could download. It was pretty cool to me.

http://www.serebii.net/platinum/wifievents.shtml
(bottom of the page)

Hopefully, it will be released sometime in America.

EDIT: This is only relevant to this thread because it unlocks something on the pokewalker, a device that is supposed to be released with HGSS.

I dont belive this everytime in the days before the next corocoro a stream of dum rumors likme all competitive moveset tutors and all region bundles start springing up. Its seriously boring after youve seen like this happen like 5 times in one thread.
That is so true. My guess is that since the scans get leaked, the hoaxers pick that time for their fake "scans". Apparently there's been a rumour going around about the Orange Islands. Seriously. People just don't seem to get that it was an anime filler thing (that and all the wacky gym stuff there wouldn't fit in a proper Pokemon game. Interestingly, one of the "gimmicks" was the first ever Double Battle).

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I cant wait for pokewalker! Take it to the gym when I'm on the treadmill :)

But yeah, Im not sure what the tutors would be. Platinum had awesome tutors, but I'm hoping for Mimic :p

Guys, Kanto is confirmed to be in the game. Stop using verbage like "IF KANTO IS IN," "WHEN IT'S CONFIRMED," etc.

It's in.

It's confirmed.

Shut up about it.

Hm, I'm torn between not having move tutors (so I won't have to buy the game) or having loads of really cool move tutors for things like tail glow (to make the game awsome)... How ennoying.

Sorry that we're not entertaining to you. Competitive move tutors? Blasphemy! Seriously how dum is that, I mean we should never expect there to be an Outrage or Aqua Tail or Seed Bomb or elemental punches tutor, should we?
They are not rumors, they are speculation.

Do people think that there will be new sprites for non-Johto Pokemon? Porygon2 looks like crap on Platinum (and I know it's a Johto Pokemon). Also, will there be moveset changes too?

It's hard to say, because the Johto dex is weird. Everything is just kind of mixed up, like the Kanto starters stuck near the end, the legendary birds and beasts packed together, Mewtwo after Lugia and Ho-Oh, Houndour is a Kanto Pokemon, etc.
It's probably safe to say that everything new to the 2nd gen, and everything related to those Pokemon will have new sprites. IIRC, the Johto dex contains all Kanto Pokemon, so I guess you could expect all first and second gen Pokes to have new sprites, but based on FRLG everything else would not.
But we have already seen HGSS break precedents set by FRLG, most notably in the fact that the 2nd gen dex has actually been changed. I'm just hoping they pull all the best sprites from DPPt. Lucario and Garchomp from DP, uber dragons from Plat, etc.

Edit: Forget it, the second generation dexes confuse me so much @_@

It looks more like the new Johto Dex will be similar to Platinum's Sinnoh Dex, containing new evolutions and a few things that weren't originally native to the region but won't feature everything, unlike the old Johto dex. Of course, it's hard to tell until the game comes out, so that remains to be seen. The fact that it's doing so little to be a remake in the vein of FR/LG makes it more believable, at least.

Moveset changes are pretty much inevitable, since the starters are kind of lagging behind their successors.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Forget move tutors I'm hoping they add level up moves. Or at the very least make a reliable way get whatever the move tutor is looking for. (damn shards)

Do people think that there will be new sprites for non-Johto Pokemon? Porygon2 looks like crap on Platinum (and I know it's a Johto Pokemon).
Considering Gyarados has gotten a new sprite and he's already gotten a new sprite from platinum, yes, I think a fair amount of non-Johto pokemon will get new sprites.
Also, will there be moveset changes too?
More then likely. FRLG had a few minor moveset changes.

Maybe Chikorita will get Ancientpower as a level-up move - after all, Charmander got Metal Claw, so why not help out the underdog starter?

@Tytus: Is your avatar the CONFIRMED new sprite from CoroCoro?
It's from footage of the Red Gyarados on Pokemon Sunday, so it's the real sprite. Although since it's not the finished game, there's a chance they might change it. Remember the first gameplay scan of Giratina-O and how that sprite was different to the one we ended up getting?

Because metal claw actually makes slight sense on Charmander?
Chikorita has had Ancientpower as an Egg Move since its debut in G/S/C (And as of Platinum, it also gets it via Move Tutor). How would it not make sense?

@pkmn1000: Cyndaquil has never gotten Ancientpower in ANY Generation. Only the other two have received it.

One thing that I've been worrying about is that they take the same route FR/LG did and make the elite four weaker.

In FireRed and LeafGreen, they decreased the levels of some of the Elite Four Pokemon.

Agitha's second Gengar was level 60 in the originals but level 58 in FR/LG
Lance's Dragonite was level 62 in the originals but level 60 in FR/LG
Blue's Starter was level 65 in the originals but level 63 in FR/LG

So it appears that in remakes, the trend has been to lower the levels of pokemon.

This trend can also be seen in Platinum where Cynthia's Garchomp is level 63 when in Diamond and Pearl it was at level 66.

I hope they don't do this in HeartGold and SoulSilver as the originals were low leveled enough.

You're calling one occurrence a trend?
It happened twice. Once in FRLG, the second time in Platinum.

But I agree, they shouldn't tone down the elite four at all. They should be making it harder. I usually like a good challenge in game, especially when we have access to things like Lugia and Ho-oh. I'm pretty sure you can also get the legendary dogs before the elite four, right? In all, it seems pretty easy to beat the elite four, so Gamefreak should make at least a little challenging.

Twice isn't a trend either (Platinum isn't exact a remake either) - besides, it's painfully obvious they won't tone down the Elite Four, at least I should hope it is, I mean they play through the games before releasing them, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)