HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I've noticed: the Kyogre/Groudon caves have the wrong 'tattoos' on the ground. As in, Kyogre's cave has Groudon's tattoos on the floor and vice versa. I doubt there's anything in this but it's still odd. Probably just for contrast?

Edit: Uhh just ignore everything above lol. Thanks for the artwork Stellar; I got mixed up with the patterns. Had actually spent ages working out if they matched too lol, using sprites. That cave looks interesting anyway.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Something I've noticed: the Kyogre/Groudon caves have the wrong 'tattoos' on the ground. As in, Kyogre's cave has Groudon's tattoos on the floor and vice versa. I doubt there's anything in this but it's still odd. Probably just for contrast?
Actually, if you look again, the tatoos are correctly placed. Kyogre's has Kyogre's (look at its fins and the ground markings), and Groudon's and Groudon's (look at Groudon's arms and then the ground)

Alright guys let's not get this speculation out of hand...

Now thepokethlon will probably get too easy since any poke even magikarp can win with ease if you chug it full of apricorn juice.

We probably got the last our info until Serebii busts what's left to find out come September.

No info on Celebi is saddening then again it's one of the most elusive pokemon, espcially in America, did they really just leave Celebi out?

I think it was the same in RSE.
We probably got the last our info until Serebii busts what's left to find out come September.

No info on Celebi is saddening then again it's one of the most elusive pokemon, espcially in America, did they really just leave Celebi out?
Im pretty sure they arent just going to leave it out. They might have a wifi event sometime right after the game is released, you never know...

The way I see it, the PokeAthlon is partially an new take on the Contests, and partially a throwback to the old Kid's Club games from Pokemon Stadium 2, where you could use your own Pokemon in the minigames.

I actually really want to try some of these, something I couldn't really say about the Contests.
God I loved those Kids Club games on Pokemon Stadium. It would actually be interesting (for me) to see them make a comeback in this game. :)

Actually, if you look again, the tatoos are correctly placed. Kyogre's has Kyogre's (look at its fins and the ground markings), and Groudon's and Groudon's (look at Groudon's arms and then the ground)

Alright guys let's not get this speculation out of hand...
But the colors are opposite. It's just weird that they did that.

Now that the news has dried up this month we've got a month~ to wait until a megaflood of info... This topic is gonna get a bit rough.

But the colors are opposite. It's just weird that they did that.

Now that the news has dried up this month we've got a month~ to wait until a megaflood of info... This topic is gonna get a bit rough.
I think this is because they are controlled by the opposite coloured orbs.

Wow if people thinks pideyotto with roost is overpowered. Imagine morty's shadow balling gengar.
Pidgeotto is not going to be overpowering with roost. There is an electric type pokemon that is available early on the game. Morty's Gengar does seem a little scary, especially since he is the third gym leader.

Pidgeotto is not going to be overpowering with roost. There is an electric type pokemon that is available early on the game. Morty's Gengar does seem a little scary, especially since he is the third gym leader.
Which electric type is availabe before the first gym? If I remember correctly, you're blocked off from going down to where Mareep is until after you beat Falkner.

Also yes Morty's Gengar will be stronger but that's why Umbreon is available at that point.

Which electric type is availabe before the first gym? If I remember correctly, you're blocked off from going down to where Mareep is until after you beat Falkner.

Also yes Morty's Gengar will be stronger but that's why Umbreon is available at that point.

Actually there has been a screenshot where the grass where mareep is found has been extended so that it is accessible prior to beating the gym. So it has been speculated that mareeps are accesible pre-Falkner.

Spinarak is the Pokemon you're looking for.

It might even be an Ariados by the time you reach the gym, but it will have at least Shadow Sneak if not Sucker Punch to take down Gengar. And can't be put to Sleep thanks to Insomnia.

Noctowl is similarly effective, being immune to Shadow Ball, has Insomnia and strikes back with a Super Effective Confusion at that point and time.

I am almost forgot that Morty was the fourth gym leader.

Also I am kind of confused how to get Magnezone in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Unless they make it so you can travel to Sinnoh...

I am almost forgot that Morty was the fourth gym leader.

Also I am kind of confused how to get Magnezone in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Unless they make it so you can travel to Sinnoh...
Most likely, they'll do something similar to what they did in PMD2: post National-Dex, you'll be able to find an item called something like "Coronet Stone" (what it was called in PMD2), which will have the effect of evolving Magneton/Nosepass (since it's a rock from the same area where they evolve, and thus would have the same properties and effect). That's my best be on the matter.

And they'll probably have items like "moss rock" and "ice rock".

Anyone have an idea on how GameFreak is going to make it so you can catch Celebi?

Since Hidden Power involves hidden mechanics, I doubt that Game Freak would be willing to make that addition, although it would be highly convenient nonetheless.

Also, any clues on how alternate forms will be handled in-game? I'd imagine Shaymin-S and Rotom-A to be the biggest issues, as the ability to change their forms was only avaiable through Key Items found only in Pokemon Platinum (and remember, "it was part of the story" too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)