Hilarious NPC Quotes

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Lana's literally the thirsty character in this entire game. She keeps talking about wanting you to go rescue "cute swimmers" and being disappointed when it was her own Wishiwashi that she trained up.
Not thirsty per se, just putting on an act for Trial Goers. Think she's a ditzy flirt? Wrong! She's just setting you up to have her Wishiwashi knock you down in their School Form. She has you walk through the Trial Gate without giving you time to prepare yourself except with what you came in with.

Not thirsty per se, just putting on an act for Trial Goers. Think she's a ditzy flirt? Wrong! She's just setting you up to have her Wishiwashi knock you down in their School Form. She has you walk through the Trial Gate without giving you time to prepare yourself except with what you came in with.
Well, at the very least, she puts up that thirsty facade before revealing she's the water trial leader. It's ironic at least.

Not really a quote but more some funny logic, we're told a single Beast Ball costs one million pokedollars and due to their extremely limited uses are considered negative assets (something that costs more than it's worth).

While in US dollars this is a really outrageous sum, and the fact that you are just given 50+ of them sounds like ridiculous spending. But wait, isn't something else worth one million pokedollars?

Let's see, doing the math a bike for a 10 year old is about $120 US dollars, and that's on the slightly more pricey side of the spectrum. So that's $6000 for a set of 50 bikes beast balls.

Am I the only one that finds this funny? The fact they hype it up like they just blew the science budget for the next 10 years on these things only to know it's really just about 2 months salary for an entry level scientist is really funny to me.

Too bad you can't actually trade a spare beast ball for a bike. Being a negative asset, it isn't worth 1 million pokedollars, it just costs that much to make one.

The Huntail boat in Seafolk Village holds one of the best conversations in the game IMO.

Don't really remember how it went, but I loved how the man that lived in it described how he travels around islands to sell items and that he's starting to run out of stock given he's been in Poni for a long time already. So much that his Pelipper supposedly cries out of boredom... and the Pelipper instead looks aside, annoying the man.

Ok, I'm a little disappointed. How has this not been pointed out yet?
Youngster early in SuMo:
(Upon spotting you): "Let's go! Kneecaps!"
(Upon defeat): "Aww... Brought to my knees."
(After battle): "I gotta catch more pokemon! Pokemon with cool knees are so neat."
The real kicker is that his pokemon doesn't really have much in the way of kneecaps (or knees in general)
It's Grubbin!
(Image from Bulbapedia)

Something oddly funny when Anabel and Looker introduce you to Nihilego. I felt like the player character was like Homer Simpson in how they have to dumb down the technicalities:

Anabel: We have to get that UB-01 Symbiont.
Player: ...
Anabel: It's better known as Nihilego.
Anabel: The one Lusamine brought to this world.

(Unfortunately, it doesn't go on)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Something oddly funny when Anabel and Looker introduce you to Nihilego. I felt like the player character was like Homer Simpson in how they have to dumb down the technicalities:

Anabel: We have to get that UB-01 Symbiont.
Anabel: It's better known as Nihilego.
Anabel: The one Lusamine brought to this world.

(Unfortunately, it doesn't go on)
Anabel: The only Ultra Beast you've fought.
Anabel: The Ultra Beast that Lusamine's daughter Lillie was dressed to resemble.
Anabel: ... The jellyfish.
Player: Oh! Why didn't you say so?

Lillie's dialogue when you first get to the lab and Kukui is training with Rockruff is pretty much "Dude, I just fixed it up! Why you have to wreck it?"

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Talking about 3rd base, I'm afraid we're kindred spirits my friend...

If you didn't think the same thing I did when I read this then you're a precious, precious cinnamon roll of a human being who is just too damn precious for this world and you should never, ever, change.
It feels weird I am a young adult yet failed to notice every single double entendre in the game the first time I played Moon, including Mallow's trial .

So in a weird case of crazy foresight, Gladion does have a special bit of dialogue in the extremely unlikely event that your team and PC Box slots are full to the point of being unable to get any more mons when he tries to gift you a Type: Null:

Gladion: I can't even believe you...

Gladion at this point is Batman-level in comedic potential and it's lovely.

So in a weird case of crazy foresight, Gladion does have a special bit of dialogue in the extremely unlikely event that your team and PC Box slots are full to the point of being unable to get any more mons when he tries to gift you a Type: Null:

Gladion: I can't even believe you...

Gladion at this point is Batman-level in comedic potential and it's lovely.
That response sounds like "There are not even enough different Pokemon in Alola!"

It just ends up making it even better, really. Gladion is so dead serious he can make saying "Get out" the kind of the thing that makes you burst in giggling (although it did get less funny in hindsight). :>
I honestly found that part hilarious when I encountered it.

This is more of a Spanish language joke, but the idiom sounds weird enough to English speakers that I had to include it. There is a Team Flare grunt in the Spanish translation of X and Y that says "Me aburro como una ostra", which literally means "I'm bored like an oyster."

Another one from Pokemon X is "Se me va el santo al cielo", which taken literally means "The saint is leaving me for heaven". It's an expression that's similar to "I'm losing my train of thought".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)