Hoenn Cup - Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the Hoenn Cup! This is an ADV OU league-style tournament in which 24 participants will be separated into 6 divisions of 4 players each. These divisions are separated into two leagues-

Ruby League Divisions:

Snorlax Division
Tyranitar Division
Blaziken Division

Sapphire League Divisions:

Gengar Division
Skarmory Division
Swampert Division

• 2 Leagues
  • 6 Divisions
  • 3 Divisions per league
  • 24 total players
  • 4 players per division
  • 12 players per league

While there is a relatively low player cap, if there is enough interest to warrant a consecutive run of this tournament, I will try and compensate for more players in the next Hoenn Cup.

Each entrant starts off with 1 skill point. Each week they will be matched up in a pool with three other players and will play one match vs each player. They will gain/lose skill points based on their wins and losses in their pool (the number can not fall below 0):
  • 2 wins = 3 points
  • 1 win w/activity (Match was played/opponent was a "No Show") = 1 point
  • 0 wins = -1 point
In the event that a match is not played and a win is awarded to a player via coin flip, 1 point will be deducted from each player's points gained from the round (i.e. - Player X gets 2 wins, which nets him 3 points. However, one of his wins is given via coin flip. Player X now earns 2 points for the round instead of 3). Losses do not gain or lose points unless they were decided by activity or coin flip.

Example:
*Bold Names indicated win

Pool #1
Player A vs Player B
Player A vs Player C
Player B vs Player C

Player A: 2-0 = +3 Points
Player B: 1-1 = +1 Point
Player C: 0-2 = -1 Point

OR

Player A vs Player B (Activity Win)
Player A vs Player C (Coin Flip)
Player B vs Player C

Player A: 1-1 = 1-1(Coin Flip) = +0 Points
Player B: 1-1 = 1-1(Coin Flip)-1(Activity Loss) = -1 Point
Player C: 1-1 = +1 Point

Pools will change each week - each player will be able to play everyone once before playoffs with one matchup being repeated. That's 6 rounds total.

At the end of the regular season period, points will be added up and the player with the most points in each division will be the Division Leader. These players will move into the playoff round. The players with the second most amount of points in their division will become Wild Cards that are eligible for Wild Card Week. If there is a tie for either Division Leader or Wild Card, rankings will be broken down by first by head-to-head, then by win/loss records (first by number of wins, then by losses).

During Wild Card Week, Wild Cards will be separated into pools of 3 against the players of their own league. Instead of competing for skill points, players will play Best of 3 Matches against the other two players in their pool. The player with the best record will move on to next week's playoff round. Rankings will be broken down by wins, then by losses during Wild Card Week. Ties for this round will be broken down first by total season points gained, then by head-to-head (from regular season results), then by win/loss records (also from regular season results; excluding Wild Card week results).

For all consecutive Playoff Weeks:
  • Matchups will consist of Best 2 out of 3 matches
  • League Semifinals will once again separate players by league and match them up randomly with one of the other three players
  • Finals will match up the remaining four players, once again in their respective leagues. The winners of these matches will be dubbed their league's "League Leader".
  • The Hoenn Cup Championship will matchup the League Leaders. The winner of this match will be the Hoenn Cup Champion.

I am enforcing strict deadline rules for this tournament. Each round will only be a week long (with possible leeway as school will be starting for some people in the duration of this tournament). If you have issues scheduling a match and believe you'll need an extention, you must notify me via the thread for the current round, VM, or PM at no later than 48 HOURS before the current week's deadline. If you are playing your match within a few hours after the deadline will have passed, I won't penalize you, but notify me first and make sure it gets done within that time frame. Other than that, any potential exceptions for extentions will be handled at my discretion.

Rules for this tournament are subject to change before round 1 begins (this includes possible reformatting to hold more than 24 players). You may make suggestions to the format of this tournament and I will take them into consideration. If you need any clarification or have any concerns with the current ruleset, please post or send me a message.

To whom it may concern, I am NOT participating in this tournament. I am only hosting.

With all that said, let's get hype, ladies and gentlemen!

1. Jackal
  2. Tobes
  3. HBK
  4. Kevin Garrett
  5. Navy
  6. Celebi42
  7. Lamppost
  8. fatty
  9. Tomahawk9
  10. Limitless
  11. Ningildo
  12. HSA
  13. -Manu-
  14. Cristal
  15. DracoMalfoy
  16. pokemonrocks777
  17. zarator
  18. Raspberry
  19. _TyRoGuE_
  20. Krack
  21. Go10
  22. McMeghan
  23. Celsius
  24. Blue_Blur
  25. Steven Snype
  26. MarceloDK
  27. Folgorio
  28. Boudouche
  29. ToF
  30. _Rewer_
  31. JabbaTheGriffin
  32. Pedrock
  33. Butterfreeak
  34. IronBullet93
  35. DarkLoic
  36. Vinc2612
  37. DC.
  38. Aqualouis
  39. Heist
  40. Kaluun
  41. wilson46
  42. H-C
  43. Goodluck
  44. undisputed
  45. Pkrs
  46. fuzzy
  47. ENZ0
  48. Ciele
  49. Alphajolt
  50. Ojama
  51. Royal Flush
  52. blarajan
  53. The Kyle
  54. KnightoftheWind
  55. Golden Sun
  56. .Kyuusei.
  57. franky
  58. chuzzle1
  59. reyscarface
  60. .Robert
  61. San_Pellegrino
  62. Zeph
  63. HiipFire
  64. Rydro
  65. Windsong
  66. wraith
  67. Earthworm
  68. smashlloyd20
  69. Fried Rhys
  70. Steeli
  71. kael
  72. 199 Lives
  73. Veteran In Love
  74. Playa
  75. BIHI
  76. Stallion
  77. Agammemnon
  78. makiri
  79. Huy
  80. Marcurcio
  81. Vaz
  82. Boubecas

in in!

Edit: 24 total players is a little small if i say. I know the ADV userbase has dropped in the past years, but we have more than 24 legit ADV players...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)