How do YOU dispose of Blissey?

I personally have used CM+Sub Mismagius, Mixape, and Mixmence. A Dusknoir with Pain Split and WoW, plus a non-ghost attack defeats any Blissey without Aromatherapy.

i don't get where this idea of dugtrio stops blissey comes from, it never really stopped it in advance why should it now. The increased residual damage is not that much of an issue.

Well, usually I just punch its lights out with a CC to the face on any of my "regular" teams.

However, on my mono-special teams, I usually have a few ways to get rid of her:

Stat up and attack: Let's face it, a Blissey does not like a +2 Focus Blast coming from the likes of Infernape. The only problem is Blissey never switches into those sort of pokemon, but she does switch into Slowking, who can easily stat up on her and kill her with +6 Surfs (provided it isn't a Toxic or CM Blissey).

Stat up and Baton Pass: Much like the last one, but I have something that can set up on Blissey, such as Celebi, get some boosts in then BP them to something that will ruin Blissey's day.

Toxic: Used more to screw over CM Blissey, force switches, and kill Blissey if it's the opponent's last pokemon. I usually use Blissey for this, since she can switch into status and isn't afraid of the opposing Blissey's attacks.

Taunt: Basically, I taunt it and keep attacking while it cannot heal itself or use status. I've only had this work with Houndoom, though.

Destiny Bond and Perish Song: Pretty self explanatory. The former works pretty well but I can't screw up the prediction at all. They both can help take down CM Blissey.

My usual strategy for taking care of Blissey is to send in my SD Garchomp on predicted Thunder Waves or Softboils. Usually the Blissey will switch, but it might stay in to Ice Beam me. Either way, I get a free Swords Dance, and my Garchomp is EV'd to take a <220 SpA Ice Beam with at least 20-25% HP remaning. I then proceed to hit the Bliss with EQ if it decides to stay in.

If for some reason my Garchomp is dead, I can still send in my Mixape and Close Combat it to hell, but that's usually not the case, as I always protect Garchomp until I need him.

Electivire can come in Twave and get a speed boost, so she'll pretty much have to switch or eat the cross chop

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Personally, Blissey never troubles me as most of the time the only special attacks used by myself are Pokemon who use Life Orb that will hurt on both sides of the spectrum. Infernape / Salamence. Everything else is most likely physical...

There are some exeptions, though, because my Bronzong / Zapdos / Celebi can't take it down alone, so I have to resort to being the stubborn fuck who will stall out until they realise Blissey isn't doing anything! Toxic Spikes helps with this direction.

Metal Sound Heatran beats it 1 on 1 with prediction, Twave hurts though, so I normally put sub, and seismic toss is 4HKO I think on Lefties Heatran. Also Gengar can do tons of damage to blissey, Focus Blast does 33% respectably, if it hits :(, and hypnosis makes it easy to hurt it. Taunt gengar is pretty funny :p *chuckles*.

I use my trusty SubPunching Gar to get the job done. EV'ed to have it's subs survive a standard Bliss' Ice Beam and have Focus Punch 2HKO. Blissey can't PP stall either as Focus Punch has twice as much PP. Works like a charm ^.^

Guts Machamp does not mind T-wave because of it being ass slow, and it can just D-punch or Cross Chop. A trap pass is usually required though.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I just use the good old Taunt Bulky Beaver to whoop Blissey. It doesn't stand a chance against Bulky Beaver without Thunderbolt, and even then, Thunderbolt can hardly even 3HKO (sometimes is a 4HKO) when Bibarel has Leftovers recovery. Taunt to halt recovery & status, Super Fang and kill, nice and easy.

Well, we all know what damages bliss and what doesnt, so saying close combat, lucario, taunt or whatever, doesn't help at all.

The problem is that bliss can run away, and therefore the only trick to beat bliss is skill.

I can think of a certain trick: leech seed it and attempt to trap it with wob, then encore. Either you kill her or make her run out of softboiled pp's.

My main anti-bliss strategy is trying to lure her in, and then switch to something that can hurt her (I try to send this poke in at the same time that they switch to bliss). They will be forced to run away, and I exploit this free turn. Spikes damage and avoiding by all cost giving her recovery turns will wear her down. So my main target isn't killing her fast, it's rather exploiting her passivity.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hariyama sets up on Blissey with Guts and massive HP to not give a shit about Seismic Toss, so that scares her out of Thunder Waving the rest of my team. Metal Sound Magnezone with Spikes = her untimely death too. Otherwise, just use the fat bitch as set up fodder for spikes or something, or better yet trap her with Perish Song Gengar / Mismagius. Hell yeah.

To truly anti-Bliss a team, you must have at least two solid Blissey counters, and make sure Blissey can't switch in on at least half your team. If you just rely on Machamp to eliminate Blissey, it's easy to get stalled out after something happens to Machamp, or gets down to a point where it's 2HKOed by Seismic Toss. If you do not have a dedicated switch-in, and instead have something like Lucario, who hates Thunder Wave and gets easily worn down by Seismic Toss on the switch-in, again you're in trouble.

Sub+CM Mismagius. Blissey makes amazing set up fodder for it. Mismagius is one of my favourite Pokemon and suprisingly enough one of my favourite and most reliable ways to kill Blissey.
So true, god this thing just rips open teams if it's allowed to set up. I can't believe people still switch blissey into missy. With 3 immunities to work off to this pokemon is just great.

I find that late game as long as you have something that can hit decently from the physical side bliss isn't a problem, unless of course you run into the ever common calm mind bliss. Navigating around bliss can be done, which turns it into late game set up fodder.

I run a team centered almost exclusively on Special attacks. My ways to get rid of Bliss are Plot passing Togekiss, Specscario, exploding Gengar, and exploding Azelf.

In the past, Mismagius owns Bliss completely, but if you go Timid, you run the risk of not 2HKOing her.

tbh is blissey even worth going out of the way to kill?

in DP the amt of mixed attackers has gone up so much, most well-built teams usually have so many weapons that make blissey nothing more than collateral damage IMO

P.S. Dugtrio isn't even a Blissey counter considering a lot of people use Protect+Wish, which would easily stall out the 16 PP Earthquake has. Hell, if you want to risk not getting CH'd, you can waste all 16 of your Softboiled PP and win out against Dugtrio, but if Blissey is out of SBs, I suppose it's as good as dead.

...unless they carry a Wisher too....

Yet 2KO's bliss with EQ, thusly dieing if it gets hit with the first ice beam.

Also, I use none of the above. I use perish trapping.
Are you stupid?

Ice Beam from a Blissey with 108 special attack evs will only do around 80 percent ._.

Anyway, Machamp and Dugtrio are great solutions to Blissey.

Are you stupid?

Ice Beam from a Blissey with 108 special attack evs will only do around 80 percent ._.

Anyway, Machamp and Dugtrio are great solutions to Blissey.
He meant if Dugtrio switched on a Ice Beam, it would die as EQ will only 2KO while the second Ice Beam will finish it off.

Explosion Gengar.

With Life Orb when Blissey switches in she'll take about 10% from most of my Gengar's attacks, and the faster Explosion does the rest.

That can be predicted by the Blissey player if you hang around too long against Blissey and try to knock off any more life, but most of the time the Blissey is dead before they realize what's going on, and best yet Gengar tends to sucker out Blissey as Gengar is pretty hard to counter with other pokemon.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Generally, I just play around her until it's neccesary for me to kill her. A good player needs to be able to capitalise on opposing Blissey's; for me that usually means setting up a 101HP SubPass, or getting my Choice Bander in to unleash an attack on the obvious switch.

If I want her out of my hair in the early game for whatever reason, it's usually done with Explosion from either Heatran or Bronzong. I also enjoy the delicious 2HKO with SpecsAlakazam/SpecsLuke...there's something about 2HKOing Blissey with a special attack that just makes me all tingly inside.

SubPunch Dusknoir because:

-Blissey can't break Dusknoir's Subs unless it has Calm Mind boosts and Dusknoir still lols at Blissey w/o a Sub
-Focus Punch 2HKOs Blissey (duh)
-Dusknoir can Pain Split before punching Blissey's face in
-Dusknoir doesn't mind paralysis...much
-Dusknoir has a free Sub up when Blissey is dead or switches out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)