How often do you use profanity on a daily basis?

How often do you use profanity on a daily basis?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case, it depends much on who I am talking to. When talking to my little brother i have this strong urge to curse at him. I do not know why, i love him and all, but the words find their way out of my mouth.

It's entirely the situation for me... If things go wrong on my part, I usually curse just to relief myself of any frustration or even anger. It keeps me from whacking the shit out of the nearest person, or worse, brick wall (and fail at it... again).

I don't care who I'm talking to at the moment. People around me are accustomed to it and it's not like I do it constantly. Hell, even my grandparents don't mind, imagine that.

breh

強いだね
Depends on who I'm talking to; can't swear around parents, kids in school, but feel free to swear when talking with friends. That and I tend to swear a lot when nobody's around...

I try not to swear in front of my parents, but sometimes it just comes out and you can't stop it. Sometimes when my brothers really get on my nerves by doing something like getting into my room and digging up my drawers for things I'm like, " GET THE FUCK LOST!!" and my parents rush in and settle things.

In school I swear every 5 minutes or so, at anybody and at anything, bar maybe the times there are teachers around...

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I don't use profane language.

Another thing: do you feel comfortable when people keep cussing around you? Do you join them? Do you feel offended? Do you simply walk away? What do you do?
I don't mind people cussing because it's such a common thing nowadays that I feel that there's no point in being bothered by them. I don't walk away, or feel offended, and I just let them do whatever they please I guess.

Unfortunately, profanity has become part of my everyday speech. Sometimes I say things that I don't even mean to say and there have been times where I've been writing an essay for school and have slipped in a 'shit' or 'fuck' without really realizing until after. (I tend to write how I talk.) :/ I used to be worse though. When I was 12-13 I had such a potty mouth because that's when I felt I was 'grown up' enough to do it. It's just become a bad habit now.

As for others swearing around me, I don't really care. If I did, that would be kind of hypocritical.

i swear when i feel i need to swear. if i am telling a criminal to get down i'm not going to ask them to please get down. i will use the language they understand and tell them to get the fuck down in an extremely aggresive tone.
Wait, what? Maybe treating 'criminals' with respect could be an idea?

I swear at my brother when he's really being annoying. Otherwise, I don't do it; I guess that's the third option, then.

I swear at my brother when he's really being annoying. Otherwise, I don't do it; I guess that's the third option, then.
Same here. The only thing is that my brother's only eight years old, and its never good to hear an eight year old swear.. (obviously he learned the words from me swearing all the time.)

Like all other words curses are just a set of sounds with a shared meaning. Sounds can't hurt people, and people that bitch about cursing need to cry more cause it feeds me and my foul mouthed brethren. Who gives a fuck if I add filler words to my speech. To me they are no different then saying 'like' or 'um'. Clearly I don't give a shit if people curse around me. On the other hand, I realize there are people that feel butthurt if you 'dare' curse in their presence and for the most part will try and respect their wishes, no matter how pussy and insensible they are to me.

1. Depends entirely on who I'm talking to.
2. Depends entirely on the situation.
3. Depends entirely on how I'm currently feeling.

Pretty much this, though my family say that I swear like a drunken sailor.

I so rarely use profanity, that I'm sure people are shocked when I do.

Although I guess I've been more known to use the word "hell" lately.

Depends on the situation I guess. If it's around friends or something, I usually swear more times than not. But if it's around teachers or anyone like that, I usually set my limits.

If "more than regular people" has so many votes, then perhaps it is actually very close to if not the norm. While it often does depend who I'm talking to (I am not cursing in front of my parents) overall I find myself in situations where a profanity is useful in getting out how I feel.

It depends mostly on the conversation and who I am speaking too. Some of my friends/family I feel comfortable, however I will refrain from swearing in front of women/children. I'm never angry so I usually do it in link with a joke or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)