Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Phantom Force is an option as well for stalling for Leech Seed/Curse damage, probably better than Protect, as it does some damage and doesn't make you complete Taunt bait, while still taking 2 turns (on one of which you can't be hit).
50 Attack is not something you should be using Phantom Force with, even if it does make you pseudo-invincible for 1 turn. Foul Play would probably be better if you want to not be taunt bait, as Trevenant does get that, and Aegislash can definitely use it on the Pokemon that use it as set-up fodder.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Ok so the thread is out of order for me and its very confusing so sorry if I fuck this up. +

Weavile can do work against stall with explosion especially, if they predict wrong with suicune something will die.

When you said suicune for life I am assuming you meant glalie since that was the order. I am skeptical and will watch it.

Chansey is almost unusable atm because of how passive it is. Inheriting from mega sableye was banned a while ago, in case you missed it. Mega Gyarados also doesn't want to try to set up on cress since too often it will wisp it using prankster.

I haven't seen that megagross set, I would like to see it in action (I will test it sometime) before I rank it up. It looks interesting however.

Aegislash is too passive, and I said it before. Ladder says very little in this metagame, and tbh tournaments don't say that much right now with all the upstart players going around. Passive stall works on the ladder because people get impatient and use inferior sets. Against a player like grurk, me, snaq, or lcass, you *might* find you have more trouble. I'm not saying you are bad or that you aren't good, because I am sure you are, I am saying that 1. You shouldn't doubt MY skill and 2. Numbers don't prove you are a good player. Sorry if I come off wrong, but if you want to continue this argument talk with Adrian Marin, who is, obviously, the best staller in the tier (or is not trying) and is actively discouraging the use of passive stall.
Mine is messed up too, but I'm reasonably certain it was only inheriting from regular Sableye that was banned--not Mega Sableye.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
50 Attack is not something you should be using Phantom Force with, even if it does make you pseudo-invincible for 1 turn. Foul Play would probably be better if you want to not be taunt bait, as Trevenant does get that, and Aegislash can definitely use it on the Pokemon that use it as set-up fodder.
The only reason I suggested Phantom Force was to rack up the passive damage/recovery while not being Taunt bait (thus doing Protect's job and Foul Play's job) but if you don't care about that then yeah, Foul Play is probably superior.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Mine is messed up too, but I'm reasonably certain it was only inheriting from regular Sableye that was banned--not Mega Sableye.
I edited it because of the derp, but the point still stands that chansey isn't nearly as good anymore due to not having prankster to prevent opposing mons from hitting it before burning it, or going for taunt, substitute, etc. The other sets are hardly viable because so much of inheritance takes advantage of it.

Why does nothing on the viability rankings have Volbeat as a possible donor?

It can run Tail Glow, Baton Pass, Encore, and Tailwind, as well as having recovery, Thunder Wave, Toxic, and Substitute. It's certainly not metagame-defining, but a t the very least deserves a place on some pokemon on the rankings, i.e. Aegislash, Mew, maybe Mega Diancie, a few others.
I made a pure support Blissey with Prankster Substitute, Tail Glow, Baton Pass and Roost just for messing around :P (has a mental herb to stop Taunt once)

On another note, I have some questions I was hoping some of you could answer. Most answers will of course be different, so I'm just curious about people's answers:

1. What's the best physical wall?
  2. What's the best special wall?
  3. What's the best wall in general?
  4. Thoughts on Arena Trap?
  5. What's the best wall breaker?
  6. What's the best set-up sweeper?
  7. What's the best Protean abuser?
  8. Thoughts on Final Gambit?
  9. What's a really underrated set?
  10. What should be used less often/is outclassed by something else?
  1. Really depends on what your team needs. Suicune, Cresselia, Skarmory, and Doublade all serve various purposes, what with having different resistances. There are probably loads more, mentioned above and below me.
  2. Chansey is the best at special walling, period, but again, team needs might mandate that something else get that spot. Heatran in particular can get quite good against particular threats.
  3. Suicune and Cress are probably our best mixed walls, between stats and typing.
  4. I don't get why people are saying it's not versatile. We have Toxic stall sets, revenge killing sets, . I will admit that concerns about uncompetitiveness are beyond me as a whole, but I think the way I use it (scarf Lando-T, basically just being a very reliable revenge killer, mostly against offense) isn't much more uncompetitive than a lure set, as it doesn't switch in on a lot of threats and can almost never take two lives in a row.
  5. Against things that aren't Unaware or Fairy types, I've found Magic Bounce SD Tyranitar to be quite the reliable wallbreaker, and with Sucker Punch it's also indispensable against offense. Against Unaware... uh, I don't know. I think Sheer Force on something is probably your best bet, between its coverage and unboosted power.
  6. I don't run those, so I don't know. In theory, Shell Smash Mega Gyarados seems like it would be the best against balance or bulky offense, but against hyper offense (term used loosely) you want something with priority, I think.
  7. Azelf, Greninja, and Lando-T. Azelf just for being fast and having the better mixed attacking stats, Greninja for being the absolute fastest Protean user that can still go mixed (Tornado-T is 1 point slower but has slightly better attacking stats), Lando-T for the best lure Protean set.
  8. Mixed effectiveness, especially if you're not running Arena Trap. Gimmicky, overall. I've used it to reliably KO walls, but I don't know that it's terribly effective against good teams.
  9. Unaware physically defensive Azumarill with Moonlight/Heal Bell/CM/Moonblast. It's not good against neutral hits, but it's a reliable answer to Weavile, Contrary Terrakion, Mega Glalie, non-Unaware Suicune, PH Snorlaxes once Spore is used up (or if they don't have it), Tyranitars that aren't Adapt Choice Band, and a semi-reliable answer to Shell Smash Mega Gyarados (resisting both STABs, +1 Moonblasts break its subs even in base form, Mega form needs to hit +4 to 2HKO it). Calm Mind lets it not be passive, Heal Bell makes it a semi-reliable cleric. It has downsides, of course, in its lackluster ability to tank neutral hits, but I feel like it's something people should consider.
  10. Maybe it's just me, but Sheer Force Gengar has literally never caused my team problems (it comes in on my Azumarill, but nothing else really) -- between the numerous good 'mons that outspeed it (Raikou, Azelf) and the powerful priority users (Sucker Punch, -atespeed), I've just seen it too often for how relevant it actually is to the meta. There are probably better Sheer Force users.
Should we make a viability rankings for the donors as well?
If we have them for inheritors, it only makes sense. In a lot of cases, there are mons with particularly desirable abilities+movepools that could go to several 'mons depending on a team's particular needs, much in the same way that something's stats and typing lend it to inheriting from several other mons well. It's an equally valid way of organizing our viability knowledge, I think.

On another note, I have some questions I was hoping some of you could answer. Most answers will of course be different, so I'm just curious about people's answers:

This will be fun.
1. Suicune, Hippowdown, Skarmory, Cresselia, Ferrothorn, Umbreon are all good, but they go in that order from best to worse
2. Cresslia, Chansey, Umbreon, Aegislash, Entei, Snorlax
3. Suicune, Cresselia, Umbreon, Aegislash (anything with poison heal)
4. So Shadow tag is banned anywhere but Ubers and OU, I believe. The reason for why it isn't banned in Ubers is because: There are so many mega pokemon available, and most of them can beat Gothitelle (Mega Gengar is S rank, it's in another league), but essentially Gothitelle can't do much in Ubers as there's a huge power creep so it can't Rest its way out of PP stalling a mon like it can in the lower tiers. In OU it's almost the same reason, the metagame is very powerful and unbalanced. There's a lot of momentum in U-turn from the all mighty Landorus-T, and there are also a lot of Mega pokemon who are generally unaffected, essentially on average there are pretty few pokemon who can't 3HKO Gothitelle allowing it to rest its way out of PP Stalling them. However... In UU this changes, hence the ban. In UU Gothitelle can trick multiple pokemon and PP stall them out, making Shadow tag way more powerful, therefore it was banned. Shadow tags strength changes depending on what meta game it's in. In Inheritance stall is dominant, thus making Trapping moves more powerful, broken if you will. There are other, more competitive, ways to bypass stall and they're out there ( I'll make a post when I peak 1#) Essentially Trapping is too powerful and it's an uncompedetive way to deal with stall, rather start balancing out the metagame. You might think I'm strengthening stall and no, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that I want to balance out the metagame. Which is why I believe we should, after the suspect test, start looking at potential pokemon to unban.
5. Mega Gyarados, Landorus-T, -Ate abuser, Gengar, Protean abuser
6. Mega Gyarados, Landorus-T, -Ate abuser
7. Azelf, Kyurem, Alakazam, Gengar
8. Stated above in 4#
9. Mega Gyarados destroys ALL kind of stall, I've yet to lose to stall using it
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
10. Doublade, it's outclassed by Aegislash since it's not as easily lured as Aegislash has no "weak" side

Should we make a viability rankings for the donors as well?

1. Doublade imo. Idk what's physically bulkier with typing than this.
2. Chansey obviously.
3. Suicune.
4. I don't care about it anymore.
5. Mega Medicham. I don't know any poke stronger than this.
6. Mega Pinsir, Glalie, Lopunny, Medicham and Metagross are my top five I guess. No Altaria. Its outclassed by other -ate users.
7. Azelf
8. Gimmicky
9. Pdon (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Desolate Land
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Eruption
-Solarbeam
-Focus Blast
-Overheat
Almost everyone use the Levitate version. I never see the Desolate Land version, while it gave me so many wins.
10. Arena Trap Final Gambit for breaking Stall. Use Gothitelle. Its much better.

1. Doublade imo. Idk what's physically bulkier with typing than this.
2. Chansey obviously.
3. Suicune.
4. I don't care about it anymore.
5. Mega Medicham. I don't know any poke stronger than this.
6. Mega Pinsir, Glalie, Lopunny, Medicham and Metagross are my top five I guess. No Altaria. Its outclassed by other -ate users.
7. Azelf
8. Gimmicky
9. Pdon (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Eruption
-Solarbeam
-Focus Blast
-Overheat
Almost everyone use the Levitate version. I never see the Desolate Land version, while it gave me so many wins.
10. Arena Trap Final Gambit for breaking Stall. Use Gothitelle. Its much better.
A few things can beat out medicham(all need items or mega), mostly Stab tough claws/Sheer force, flare blitz, brave bird, and outrage can manage to break its damage thresh hold, with attack above 135(so salamence and haxorus)
adaptability boosted moves coming off high attack stats
Some other things like adaptability draco - meteor from latios get one turn of similar damage
reckless stab head smash off of tyranitar.
Adaptability/Shear force boosted thunder from Thunderous-T can also deal Similar damage.
Download boosted things can break through as well that makes for some pretty massive power
Edit, and arilate/refrigerate/pixilate

Last edited:

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Thank me later. This will stop all -ate spammers and Gale Wing abusers in its path. Morning sun for longevity, Will O Wisp to cripple physical sweepers even more, EQ and Iron Head are solid STAB moves. Solrock, you lord.

S Rank

Yup, maybe even move it up to S+ because of how amazing Landorus-T is, running so many sets and being uncounterable
Personally I would keep it where it is. I've countered Landorus-T many times with sets of my own. It's definitely a huge threat, but it's not impossible to stop in its tracks, in my opinion.

Also, why aren't Dugtrio and Staraptor Chansey in the Viability Rankings? Both those sets are great. I've been using Dugtrio Chansey and it walls the heck out of almost everything.

But anyway, I've been using this Scizor set and it works wonders.

Klinklang (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Smash
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Gear Grind

Clear Body prevents any Intimidate shenanigans when non-mega Scizor switches in. The only reason I wanted to use Klinklang was because of Technician Gear Grind + Shift Gear, and it sure hits like a truck, as Technician Gear Grind is technically a 150BP STAB move. The EVs mean that Scizor gets 400 speed, a nice round number, after one Shift Gear. I maxed out the attack for as much damage as possible. The 120 HP EV's are for more bulk, and also give it 311 HP- an odd number.
Wild Charge and Rock Smash are the only good options I could get out of Klinklang, as its Physical movepool is pretty bad, and the only other viable physical move it gets is Return. Wild Charge takes most water types by surprise if I haven't Shift-Gear'd, while Rock Smash is technician boosted and has a small chance to lower defense, which is always good.

Obviously there are some threats, such as any fire type move, and walls, such Max Defense Solrock Steelix, but otherwise, it is a great attacker.

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 398-470 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 326-386 (101.8 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Mega Scizor Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 236-278 (58.4 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

havent gotten to test this too much yet but
Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Borrows from primal groudon obviously. it's pretty cool

Personally I would keep it where it is. I've countered Landorus-T many times with sets of my own. It's definitely a huge threat, but it's not impossible to stop in its tracks, in my opinion.

Also, why aren't Dugtrio and Staraptor Chansey in the Viability Rankings? Both those sets are great. I've been using Dugtrio Chansey and it walls the heck out of almost everything.

Adamant Nature
- Rock Smash
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Gear Grind

Clear Body prevents any Intimidate shenanigans when non-mega Scizor switches in. The only reason I wanted to use Klinklang was because of Technician Gear Grind + Shift Gear, and it sure hits like a truck, as Technician Gear Grind is technically a 150BP STAB move. The EVs mean that Scizor gets 400 speed, a nice round number, after one Shift Gear. I maxed out the attack for as much damage as possible. The 120 HP EV's are for more bulk, and also give it 311 HP- an odd number.
Wild Charge and Rock Smash are the only good options I could get out of Klinklang, as its Physical movepool is pretty bad, and the only other viable physical move it gets is Return. Wild Charge takes most water types by surprise if I haven't Shift-Gear'd, while Rock Smash is technician boosted and has a small chance to lower defense, which is always good.

Obviously there are some threats, such as any fire type move, and walls, such Max Defense Solrock Steelix, but otherwise, it is a great attacker.

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 398-470 (56.5 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 326-386 (101.8 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Mega Scizor Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 236-278 (58.4 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Seems pretty cool. It resists all extremespeed variants, so it doesn't need to worry about it. But there is one huge problem that probably keeps this thing from being used often.

252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Brave Bird vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 262-309 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Considering Klinklang has no priority moves, make sure to remove this thing first before sweeping. Even if it doesn't get KO'd, any extra Fake Out or Extremespeed will KO it.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior

Thank me later. This will stop all -ate spammers and Gale Wing abusers in its path. Morning sun for longevity, Will O Wisp to cripple physical sweepers even more, EQ and Iron Head are solid STAB moves. Solrock, you lord.
252+ Atk Mega Pinsir V-create vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 266-314 (75.1 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Mega Pinsir Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 354-418 (100 - 118%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 252-298 (71.1 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
...i wouldn't call steelix a "stop" to atespam/gale wings more like a check.

Volcarona @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
Inherits from P-Groudon

This is a set, that I feel personally is just amazing. It hits, if not all, everything it needs to hit. Eruption is obviously the nuke, hitting tons of things extremely hard. Even some special tanks aswell.

252 SpA Volcarona Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 192 SpD Snorlax in Harsh Sunshine: 294-346 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal.
PH Snorlax can't switch in. Note: snorlax completely destroys volc 1v1 facade to stronk

Fire blast is just secondary STAB for when erupt is weaken. Solarbeam is for those pesky bulky water-rock types. (It also checks suicune, and can 2HKO QD variants on the switch).

Okay, earth power is.....for doublade/Aegi. Just because incast it's FF Variants who likes to switch in on my Erupt/Fblast.

Volcarona @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
Inherits from P-Groudon

This is a set, that I feel personally is just amazing. It hits, if not all, everything it needs to hit. Eruption is obviously the nuke, hitting tons of things extremely hard. Even some special tanks aswell.

252 SpA Volcarona Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 192 SpD Snorlax in Harsh Sunshine: 294-346 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal.
PH Snorlax can't switch in. Note: snorlax completely destroys volc 1v1 facade to stronk

Fire blast is just secondary STAB for when erupt is weaken. Solarbeam is for those pesky bulky water-rock types. (It also checks suicune, and can 2HKO QD variants on the switch).

Okay, earth power is.....for doublade/Aegi. Just because incast it's FF Variants who likes to switch in on my Erupt/Fblast.
You're probably better off with Heatran. Although it is slower and weaker than Volcarona, Heatran doesn't take 50% from rocks and is bulkier, so it can spam eruption much more freely.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: No
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off

Another set I like aswell. Inherits from Blaziken.

Here's something I've been using for a while and kinda enjoying.

Wat (Ninjask) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Iron Head

Standard suicide lead, it inherits from Rampardos. It's speed ensures that I'll get rocks up unless my opponent has Prankster Taunt. Mold Breaker breaks through Magic Bounce. Sash over Mental Herb because Priority Taunt is less common than other priority. Dragon Tail is just in case someone decides to set up on turn 1. As for Iron Head, I just picked it since nothing is immune to it, plus it has a really useful flinch %. It's basically for finishing stuff off after I use Endeavor.

Basically: Setup rocks -> Opponent attacks -> Sash activated -> Endeavor
If i'm still not dead, I use Iron Head. Otherwise, my opponent is still going to lose a mon in the next turn.

Here's something I've been using for a while and kinda enjoying.

Wat (Ninjask) @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Iron Head

Standard suicide lead, it inherits from Rampardos. It's speed ensures that I'll get rocks up unless my opponent has Prankster Taunt. Mold Breaker breaks through Magic Bounce. Sash over Mental Herb because Priority Taunt is less common than other priority. Dragon Tail is just in case someone decides to set up on turn 1. As for Iron Head, I just picked it since nothing is immune to it, plus it has a really useful flinch %. It's basically for finishing stuff off after I use Endeavor.

Basically: Setup rocks -> Opponent attacks -> Sash activated -> Endeavor
If i'm still not dead, I use Iron Head. Otherwise, my opponent is still going to lose a mon in the next turn.
Speaking of suicide leads, I also used one with Mold Breaker. This thing is the one that makes my team pretty successful so far.

Druddigon (Latios) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Draco Meteor

Its much slower, but it has Taunt for opposing slower leads and also Draco Meteor for hurting opposing leads. Glare is used in case your opponent sets up in the first turn. I'd say this is pretty good so far.

not sure if a set like this has already been posted but

Zapdos inheriting from Dragonite is really darn frickin good, it finally gets Hurricane and also Multiscale, an incredibly useful ability. Paired with Drizzle Blastoise to get 100% accurate Hurricane/Thunder, rain boosted Surf to get Gliscors too.

Also 20 speed to outspeed base 70 neutral and base 60 +nature

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Surf
- Roost

What about this guys.........

Tornadus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Baton Pass

This is inherited from togekiss works pretty good......
I choosed this mons because of its awesome speed and pretty good special attack status.

Moves are obvious.
1) Air Slash to flinch the target to death.
2) Nasty Plot to increase damage.
3) Roost - I think I don't need to explain this.
4) This is for passing your valuable power-ups.

This set works better with paralyzing affect as after that the chances of your foe to attack will be just 30% which is too low.

also sorry for my bad English.

Ok so the thread is out of order for me and its very confusing so sorry if I fuck this up. +

Weavile can do work against stall with explosion especially, if they predict wrong with suicune something will die.

When you said suicune for life I am assuming you meant glalie since that was the order. I am skeptical and will watch it.

Chansey is almost unusable atm because of how passive it is. Inherting from mega sable is not nearly as good as regular since the lack of prankster makes it easy for threats to do...things...to it. I.e. taunt or sub. Mega Gyarados also doesn't want to try to set up on cress since too often it will wisp it using prankster.

I haven't seen that megagross set, I would like to see it in action (I will test it sometime) before I rank it up. It looks interesting however.

Aegislash is too passive, and I said it before. Ladder says very little in this metagame, and tbh tournaments don't say that much right now with all the upstart players going around. Passive stall works on the ladder because people get impatient and use inferior sets. Against a player like grurk, me, snaq, or lcass, you *might* find you have more trouble. I'm not saying you are bad or that you aren't good, because I am sure you are, I am saying that 1. You shouldn't doubt MY skill and 2. Numbers don't prove you are a good player. Sorry if I come off wrong, but if you want to continue this argument talk with Adrian Marin, who is, obviously, the best staller in the tier (or is not trying) and is actively discouraging the use of passive stall.

Minor nitpick: you can't taunt mbounce chansey.

xJownage

Adamant Nature
- Rock Smash
- Shift Gear
- Wild Charge
- Gear Grind

Landorus-T won't go S+ anyways because I am not splitting S rank. The only reason I would is if it got too crowded...like 6 mons type of crouded. Lant is on a level other mons just don't hit, so therefore I don't want to move anything to S rank just yet.

Are those chansey sets passive? I am thinking that dugtrio isn't too passive if it runs final gambit, which will deter setup sweepers, but idk about staraptor. U-turn mitigates the passivity though, I will get a second voice on that.

That mega scizor looks pretty good, but it has total shit coverage. steel/fighting/electric is decent, but if you arent hitting steel resists for SE damage they will be getting a free hit. Not only this, but the neutrality to lando's BB hurts as well. This is not to say its a bad set, it looks pretty good. I will consider where it should go and will place at the next update.
havent gotten to test this too much yet but
Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Borrows from primal groudon obviously. it's pretty cool
Thats actually a pretty cool wallbreaker, idk why it has been overlooked so far. SD Precipice Blades with a life orb hits absurdly hard, the 20 extra power allowing it to beat normal checks and counters. It also beats cune, which is huge, due to desolate lands rendering scald useless (except for those running ice beam). Fire blast also gets a much appreciated boost in power, since desolate lands gives it a good boost. Dclaw will hit pretty hard especially because there are zero fairies in this meta.

Volcarona @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
Inherits from P-Groudon

of course this set is weak to SR, but it has a bit more power and speed than say - heatran. Its certainly viable, and probably effective, but it could be problematic without hazard control. Specs is also an option for wallbreaking and stallbreaking power, since this set can obliterate fat teams.
Minor nitpick: you can't taunt mbounce chansey.
blah blah blah im dumb blah blah blah. Srsly I suck at this point so ima stop talking about that.

Has anybody noticed the fact that there are literally NO fairies in this metagame besides mega alt? I think offensive steels are mediocre as a result (besides excadrill), but more importantly, older strategies might be viable in this metagame (such as dragmag although priority can fuck with dragons).

Has anybody noticed the fact that there are literally NO fairies in this metagame besides mega alt? I think offensive steels are mediocre as a result (besides excadrill), but more importantly, older strategies might be viable in this metagame (such as dragmag although priority can fuck with dragons).
Problem is, the only non-mega Fairy type with high Attack besides Ubers is Granbull. And we know that Granbull's stats is very similar to Ursaring (high attack, mediocre defenses, very slow). Most Fairy types are specially based and they are pretty much used for Geomancy set or defensive. Pokes like Diancie and Sylveon are quite used in some stall teams, while Togekiss and Gardevoir are used with Geomancy.

Specially based pokes have almost no priority, so they are easily revenged by priorities. That's why Fairies are used less often offensively.

Edit: also, where are the Viablity Ranking you posted?

Last edited:

xJownage

Problem is, the only non-mega Fairy type with high Attack besides Ubers is Granbull. And we know that Granbull's stats is very similar to Ursaring (high attack, mediocre defenses, very slow). Most Fairy types are specially based and they are pretty much used for Geomancy set or defensive. Pokes like Diancie and Sylveon are quite used in some stall teams, while Togekiss and Gardevoir are used with Geomancy.

Specially based pokes have almost no priority, so they are easily revenged by priorities. That's why Fairies are used less often offensively.

Edit: also, where are the Viablity Ranking you posted?
Page 29 the thread was cleaned and got fucked up.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Bird Spam is really popular so here is a set so I've been using to keep it under control and it does its job:

Zapdos @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Fang
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Roost

I've been using this set to force out Chansey/Blissey and set-up on them:
Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Tail Glow
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball

While it may not be able to touch Chansey or Blissey it also works the other way around, either starting a stall war or forcing a switch after locking the blobs into a move.

That mega scizor looks pretty good, but it has total shit coverage. steel/fighting/electric is decent, but if you arent hitting steel resists for SE damage they will be getting a free hit. Not only this, but the neutrality to lando's BB hurts as well. This is not to say its a bad set, it looks pretty good. I will consider where it should go and will place at the next update.
Coverage doesn't really matter with that set tbh. After one boost, literally all you need is Gear Grind. Technician boosted STAB Gear Grind is an absolute monster. Anyone who's played STABMons can attest to that. And Rock Smash is an awesome addition. It 2HKOs Heatran, which was the best counter to it. There is literally no wall in the tier that appreciates a defence drop.

Also, in case of Lando-T:
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Brave Bird vs. 120 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 262-309 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 326-386 (102.1 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The only problem it actually has is lack of priority.

Speaking of suicide leads, I also used one with Mold Breaker. This thing is the one that makes my team pretty successful so far.

Druddigon (Latios) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Draco Meteor

Its much slower, but it has Taunt for opposing slower leads and also Draco Meteor for hurting opposing leads. Glare is used in case your opponent sets up in the first turn. I'd say this is pretty good so far.
I can vouch for this set. It's a REALLY good suicide lead for HO teams(imo). MB+its base 110spe it's almost guaranteed to set-up rocks. taunt not only shuts down opposing Leads/hazard setter. But also, allows it to bypass magic bounce user-or pokes that think they can use lati as setup fodder after Draco. But I personally use Heat wave>Glare tho. Just for FF Mons(KO'd tons of genesects who's now running Sacred fire+FF from entei).

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
Inherits from Zoroark.

This set, is just amazing. Illusion gengar catches TONS of things off-guard. I even sometimes lead with it, and either get an earlier sweep, or I Heavily dent my opponent's team before they realized they F'd up. good pokes to disguise him as(imo) would be Land-T(people fear the hell out of this mon, and would usually switch out). Greninja(This one is just funny to me, you have no idea HOW many times people have used Espeed, endeavor, CC/HJK on this guy). Shadow ball& Focus blast is literally all it needs. Especially after NP. Even Chansey can't handle this beast.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 348-411 (54.2 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Substitute is there for it to better wallbreak safely. And it finds many opportunities to do so. I am aware of its flaws, but its Pros and the awards that comes with it. Is just fantastic. I think this should be rank. :)

I'll also upload some battles of this thing in action ofc. coming soon

Last edited:
I'm no offensive player, but I've brainstormed some sets that I think would be interesting. Feel free to steal them and make teams with them (your use of them will undoubtedly be much better than mine).

Excadrill @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Trick / Ice Punch

Inherits from Metagross-Mega. The power behind this thing's attacks is ridiculous, for reference, see the following calc:

252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Excadrill Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 220-260 (73.5 - 86.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Bullet Punch provides powerful priority, and Earthquake provides STAB (despite being non-TC-boosted). There's a toss-up in the last slot, with Trick being potentially useful to catch Chanseys and Suicunes on the switch and Ice Punch hitting Lando and other miscellaneous threats. Not much to say here.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Spacial Rend
- Psychic / Thunderbolt / Focus Blast

Inherits from Darkrai, obviously. This set would definitely require team support to function, but I can see it tearing through unprepared defensive builds. Against offense, it will struggle against RKers like Lando and Glalie; however, they can't switch in without risking taking a Dark Void or getting slapped by a powerful attack. Against stall, smart play with this (and an absence of Magic Bounce Chansey, for obvious reasons) can be devastating.

Kabutops @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast
- Icicle Spear

Hoo boy. This thing is insane. Between its nice typing and surprising bulk, it's relatively resistant to revenge killing (it takes less than 70% from Lando-T's 252+ CB Brave Bird). This gives it a circumstantial advantage versus other Shell Smashers like Gyarados-Mega, which gets smashed by BB or Pixispeed. Meanwhile, its excellent coverage and power mean that it can manhandle offense once set up. Thanks to its STAB on Rock Blast, it can even do a number on stall. After a smash, it 2HKO's Intimidate Suicune after SR! FYI, the EV's are tailored to outspeed CS Adamant Terrakion while maintaining as much bulk as possible (and, of course, an odd HP number).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)