Metagame Inheritance

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Here's a set that's probably not viable but is quite fun.

Chimecho (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cosmic Power
- Recover
- Calm Mind/Dazzling Gleam
- Stored Power
In case it's not clear, this is Bronzong inheriting from Chimecho, not the other way around.

It's pretty clear what this does: max out defenses with Cosmic Power, then Stored Power everything to death. The reason I'm using Bronzong is because Toxic is annoying with this set and I appreciate the immunity, but something like Cress or even Uxie can pull this set off by either dodging around Toxic or replacing either Recover or CM/Dazzling Gleam with Rest.

Calm Mind is used to break through Steel-types and Psychic types, which resist stored power, while Dazzling Gleam lets it hit Darks but still leaves it rather hopeless against Steels.
Cosmic power/stored power is an awful set and you really shouldn't use it, but if you do, inherit from Sigilyph to gain Magic Guard.

Cosmic power/stored power is an awful set and you really shouldn't use it, but if you do, inherit from Sigilyph to gain Magic Guard.
uh, dude, I literally said at the top it wasn't viable.
also, I was using bronzong that time, in which case levitate is better than magic guard.

If we're on the subject of Rocks leads, here's one.

Mamoswine (Weavile) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Icicle Spear
- Endeavor

The original motive was to find something with Stealth Rock that could properly counter-lead Dodrio on offense, and I figured that Icicle Spear was the most reliable way to do that. Lo and behold, Mamoswine has a fantastic ability and movepool for this task. Knock Off and Endeavor are strong and disruptive moves (I'd love to see a Ghost-type come in to block Endeavor), while Oblivious to stop faster Taunt users (such as Aerodactyl) from messing with you. Ice Shard is an option to pick off foes that eat a 1HP Endeavor while setting up on you, though if that's your concern, Donphan is probably a better donor so you can run something like Red Card or whatever, but then you can't break sashes on Turn 1.

Is protean banned? It doesn't say anything about it in the OP but teambuilder isn't letting me use it on ROM

Is protean banned? It doesn't say anything about it in the OP but teambuilder isn't letting me use it on ROM
I'm not sure (the Inheritance code isn't mine) but I don't think it's banned. What's the set you were trying to validate?

I'm not sure (the Inheritance code isn't mine) but I don't think it's banned. What's the set you were trying to validate?
Sorry I figured it out, just didn't understand the rules of the OM and thought mons were able to utilize their original movesets as well as another mons. Thanks though!

Heyo, two sets that I found interesting and fun to use.

Ditto (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpA
Brave Nature
- Transform

This bugger is a absolute nightmare if played right. While anything physical screws it over, it can tank a powerful special hit and transform, gaining stat boosts and useful movepools. I don't have the replay or stats, but I've seen this thing take a fully boosted fire blast from a shell smash Heatran, hit transform, and sweep the rest of the team. Force to be reckoned with. However, it depends on it's transform target to be stat boosted or have stat boosting moves if it wants to be a offensive threat, and is also easily outspeed without stat boosts.

Chimecho (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover
- Cosmic Power
- Psychic

I always appreciated Chimecho and Chingling for their amazing defensive movepools despite crummy stats. This set takes full advantage of the bell Pokemon. With OK coverage, good ability that covers it from one weakness for at least the first turn, and recover+cosmic power, this is a great and highly adaptable set. M-Diancie still has many weaknesses, however, which physical attackers can use to their advantage.

Brave Nature
- Transform

This bugger is a absolute nightmare if played right. While anything physical screws it over, it can tank a powerful special hit and transform, gaining stat boosts and useful movepools. I don't have the replay or stats, but I've seen this thing take a fully boosted fire blast from a shell smash Heatran, hit transform, and sweep the rest of the team. Force to be reckoned with. However, it depends on it's transform target to be stat boosted or have stat boosting moves if it wants to be a offensive threat, and is also easily outspeed without stat boosts.

Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover
- Cosmic Power
- Psychic

I always appreciated Chimecho and Chingling for their amazing defensive movepools despite crummy stats. This set takes full advantage of the bell Pokemon. With OK coverage, good ability that covers it from one weakness for at least the first turn, and recover+cosmic power, this is a great and highly adaptable set. M-Diancie still has many weaknesses, however, which physical attackers can use to their advantage.
Use Starmie (edit: no use Sigilyph. Forgot to check for other recovery moves) over Chimecho due to better movepool (ability doesn't really matter. You'll just mega right away) as it gets the same moves in your set, but more.

Also, don't you want to inherent from Mew for Transform shenanigans?

Last edited:

Brave Nature
- Transform

Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover
- Cosmic Power
- Psychic

A. Why use Chansey for transform troll? I'm pretty sure eviolite would be removed post-transform so is it worth it over blissey?
B. Why use a support diance? It has way too many weaknesses to be useful. Just a donphan set with head smash, play rough and any other 2 moves from donphan's neverending movepool, and rocks if you want.

Use Starmie over Chimecho due to better movepool (ability doesn't really matter. You'll just mega right away) as it gets the same moves in your set, but more.

Also, don't you want to inherent from Mew for Transform shenanigans?
Even better is sigilyph, with magic guard to stop even status from ruining the fun, as well as insane coverage(why does he learn ice beam and energy ball?) and 2 other nifty abilities if you want.

Calm Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover
- Cosmic Power
- Psychic
After two Cosmic Powers (I don't know how many you were going for) Stored Power starts outdamaging Psychic. (Works with that Sigilyph option too, using Roost, or there's even Soft-Boiled Clefable, if you prefer Unaware to stop opponents boosting past your Cosmic Powers.)

Hawlucha (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

Potential? You take hawlucha, a top tier threat with a great ability and movepool, and you give him decent stats. Possibly change the seed for other terrains, but idea stays the same; switch into terrain, use your 854 atk and 462 spd to kill everyone. More speed might be necessary for some threats. Also he gets stab from acrobatics but I didn't notice until after I wrote this.

A. Why use Chansey for transform troll? I'm pretty sure eviolite would be removed post-transform so is it worth it over blissey?
The Eviolite boost stays, just like what imposter Chansey is in BH. The difference now here is you have to rely on using transform rather than using Imposter (since it's banned), so it is less efficient and doesn't let you check sweepers that well.

Hawlucha (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Electric Seed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge

Potential? You take hawlucha, a top tier threat with a great ability and movepool, and you give him decent stats. Possibly change the seed for other terrains, but idea stays the same; switch into terrain, use your 854 atk and 462 spd to kill everyone. More speed might be necessary for some threats. Also he gets stab from acrobatics but I didn't notice until after I wrote this.
Try inheriting from Sceptile for your Unburden shenanigans instead. Your coverage may not be the best, though acess to both Earthquake and Acrobatics (both STABs) make up for it.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 108 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

SubCoil Zygarde, but with Lando's 145 Attack instead of Zygarde's 100. It works pretty effectively and saves you from wasting a moveslot on Stone Edge, since T-Arrows hits flying types too. Lando also gets priority in Extreme Speed now, so after a couple of Coils the low speed isn't a worry anymore.

Seeing as USUM is out I've been wanting to make a post here. Obviously new UBs are a thing and there are a lot of minor changes, but what I'm most excited for in this meta is the addition of Lycanroc Dusk.

Seeing as this gen we've been unable to inherit from Mega Evolutions, Tough Claws has become a fairly rare ability as the only donor was Barbaracle. Now that Lycanroc Dusk has arrived, let's see what else is on the table.

Accelerock, Thrash, Crunch, Brick Break, Fire Fang, Sucker Punch, Thunder Fang, Return, Drill Run, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Last Resort, Outrage, Stomping Tantrum, and Zen Headbutt are all notably boosted by Tough Claws.
On top of this Lycanroc also has access to Stealth Rock, Taunt, Bulk Up, Swords Dance, Rock Polish and Z-Happy Hour.

In particular I'd like to point out that Dycanroc's Sucker Punch is among some of the most powerful priority available:
252+ Atk Choice Band Ursaring Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 216-255 (63.3 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 208-246 (60.9 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I feel cheesy saying it but I actually reckon that Tough Claws boosted Sucker Punch + Stomping Tantrum would actually make for a super neat revenge killer. If I'm not mistaken, the combo effectively forces the opposition to either die to Sucker Punch or switch/use a status move, which in both scenarios should force Sucker Punch to fail, meaning that the opponent then has to be prepared to take a 150 bp Stomping Tantrum boosted by tough claws. Even without the doubled power, Tough Claws means that Stomping Tantrum is only fractionally weaker than a standard Earthquake, so I reckon it's a pretty viable trade off. Krookodile is the obvious abuser, but I feel that other strong Ground and or Dark types such as Bisharp, Garchomp and Excadrill could also make great use of the combo, while also getting STAB Iron Head or Outrage respectively.

What does everyone else think about Lycanroc Dusk and other new additions?

EDIT: Also I noticed that there is a reserved spot for a VR. Personally I don't really recall enough about the meta this gen to help out a bunch with that, but if anyone else has put any work or thought into that it could also make for some valuable discussion.

This meta is probably becoming OM of the month next month so...
With USUM some new sets are possible like:

Masquerain (Golisopod) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Lunge / U-Turn
- Aqua Jet
- Roost

With Masquerain learning Liquidation now, it can act as the perfect donor for Golisopod, learning dual STAB, STAB priority, and recovery in Roost along with a cool ability in Intimidate.

Or just about any bulky fighting type.
Lurantis (Bewear) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Lurantis getting Superpower is insanely good for this meta, allowing a large ammount of bulky Fighting-Types to use Contrary Superpower with recovery (not the best, but better than only Rest right?). You could even run Kommo-O thanks to Lurantis learning Dual Chop and Poison Jab to hit Faries, or maybe Virizion for getting Dual STAB Contrary Superpower and Leaf Storm. I could go on and on about this, but I'll end that off here.

Gumshoos getting more coverage is also cool, letting more mons use Adaptability:

Gumshoos (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Thunder Punch
- U-turn

Gumshoos (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

(no I am not talking about this)
As for the new mons:

I could see this being used as some wallbreaker using Sheer Force Nido or as a gender attacker using Magic Guard from Clefable but other than that, can't think of much else.

Nidoqueen (Blacephalon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power

Probably the go-to set of this mon. Offers sheer wall breaking capabilities.

Clefable (Blacephalon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast

This variant take it a bit more safe, allowing it to freely switch in on Stealth Rock and Toxic

I think it could work as some crazy Gyro Ball abuser using some sets from Dhelmise and Hitmontop:

Dhelmise (Stakataka) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steelworker
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Possibly the strongest Gyro Ball in the game. Unfortunately has to rely on Rock Slide for Rock STAB.

Hitmontop (Stakataka) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

This one offers STAB priority and a stronger Rock STAB over a weaker Gyro Ball

SaturnZelda

formerly TylerWithNumbers
With a pretty good chance that this will win OMotM, thought I’d post a set that TheCoastsOfToast made that’s been insanely good so far in my games.

Terrakion @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough
- Return

If you can’t tell, Slurpuff is the donor. Terrakion sets up with this and tends to win against any less bulky team, although almost every stall team does have an Unaware user. Drain Punch is obviously used to recover HP, Return is used as a more powerful coverage on Psychic types, and Play Rough is there for coverage and to hit Ghosts. Also, speaking of Unaware users, here’s a set that I created myself that I think will work well in the USUM meta.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Brick Break
- Knock Off

This is the ultimate stall breaker. Mega Medicham with access to Swords Dance (it regains Pure Power after Mega Evolving), and Photon Geyser, which did I mention goes through abilities such as Unaware? Yeah, stall’s gonna have a very difficult time getting past this one.

Last edited:
I really hope this wins omotm as i didnt play it last time it won :(. Anyways usum gave alot of new toys so i wanna share some potential sets

Toxapex (Muk-Alola) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab/Gunk Shot
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes/Haze/Scald

We all knock Muk alola is already a versatile mon being able to recieve from cryogonal or mienshao, now muk gets one more viable option recieving from toxapex as pex now gets knock off and gunk shot from move tutors greatly improving muks movepool with it

Hydreigon (Stakataka) @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Iron Tail
- Roost
- Earthquake/Superpower

Everyone wants to run steelworker boosted gyro, but why do that when you can run an extremely powerful headsmash AND an immunity to its 4x weakness AND reliable recovery (losing gyro sucks tho) and can run defog if you are running defensive

Chesnaught (Stakataka) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield

Another interesting stakataka set, yes 4x weakness to ground sucks but staka now gets an immunity to focus blast (which means its able to wall most lele recievers) and gets great utility in spikes and leech seed

Ninetales/Torkoal (Blacephalon) @ Grassium Z
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot/Shell Smash
- Substitute/Earth Power/Psyshock

Other than the obvious nidoking and clef sets, i think this could be ran as a decent offensive sun setter as one more of its sets

Lunatone (Diancie) @ Diancite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Stone Edge/Power Gem
- Earth Power/Earthquake
- Stealth Rock/Ice Beam

A mega that we only got recently. Levitate is an amazing ability as now it has much more switch in opportunites as it has decent pre mega bulk and is immune to ground and neutral to fighting. Diancie also is able to run its usual coverage minus diamond storm

Theres obviously tons more new stuff that i didnt talk about like improved movesets like bewear, kommo-o, tsareena, new defog users (poison heal + defog!! prankster defog!!) And new strength sap users

I wanna write more about the new megas and mons as such but i have to stop, i dont want this to get too long as my usual posts lol

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
With Inheritance possibly returning to the main server next month I'd like to bring up what I think is the biggest issue in the current metagame, and that's Innards Out.

Innards Out works essentially the same way in Inheritance that it did in Balanced Hackmons: as a glue on stall or other bulky teams to have a one-time answer to anything particularly threatening on the opponent's team. Innards Out was quickbanned in Balanced Hackmons because it made stall teams far too difficult to break, Innards Out itself has very little counterplay and can almost always remove a wincon from the opposing team. I believe this is also the case in Inheritance, if anything Innards Out is more broken because it can't be lured with Magic Guard due to donor reveal. While Innards Out users don't have access to every move as in Balanced Hackmons, Pyukumuku donates everything an Innards Out user could need. Taunt forces the opponent to attack which eliminates most 50/50s, Recover keeps the Innards Out user healthy to maximize damage when the time comes and Toxic allows the Innards Out user to somewhat punish switchins.

I played a game against TylerWithNumbers that illustrates how ridiculous Innards Out can be. In our game Tyler brought Swords Dance + Photon Geyser Mega Medicham which could break through the entirety of my team as well as several other powerful offensive Pokemon. In the game however, Tyler was completely unable to utilize his win condition due to the presence of Innards Out Blissey, despite him being fully aware that I was Innards Out. The risk vs reward factor in using Innards Out is ridiculously in favour of the stall user, by pivoting to Blissey every time Tyler brought out his Medicham there was no way for him to utilize his wincon, and because his other Pokemon were walled there was no way for him to win. The team I used was hardly optimized, yet it still proves extremely difficult to beat thanks to Innards Out Blissey.

Yes, I realize there is some counterplay to Innards Out. Inheriting Magic Guard from Clefable or another Pokemon makes Innards Out useless against whatever sweeper is Inheriting from it, but because donors are revealed the stall user won't waste their Innards Out user and instead save it for another team member. There might be some other counterplay I'm not thinking of but I doubt there is any that would punish the Innards Out user to the point that Innards Out becomes a liability.

I believe Innards Out gives stall teams to large an advantage to be healthy for the metagame because it is able to blanket check most of the offensive metagame in a way that leaves little counterplay for the offensive player. Inheriting from Pyukumuku should be banned because it lends an overwhelming advantage to the player using it and because it makes preparing for stall extremely difficult.

Last edited:

Hydreigon (Stakataka) @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Iron Tail
- Roost
- Earthquake/Superpower

Everyone wants to run steelworker boosted gyro, but why do that when you can run an extremely powerful headsmash AND an immunity to its 4x weakness AND reliable recovery (losing gyro sucks tho) and can run defog if you are running defensive
Great post you got there =^].While I like pretty much almost every set, i found this one a bit lackluster. Yeah, gaining Head Smash and Roost is great, but, as you've said, it really misses Gyro Ball and Trick Room, so i decided to ask another reliable donator for Stakataka: Solrock (or Lunaton, both are basically the same). Yeah, it doesn’t provide either Head Smash or Roost, but it also gives you access to Gyro Ball, Trick Room, Stealth Rock, access to semi reliable recovery on Morning Sun (Moonlight on Lunaton's case) and Levitate. It even gives you Will-O-Wisp, which is always nice =^]

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Great post you got there =^].While I like pretty much almost every set, i found this one a bit lackluster. Yeah, gaining Head Smash and Roost is great, but, as you've said, it really misses Gyro Ball and Trick Room, so i decided to ask another reliable donator for Stakataka: Solrock (or Lunaton, both are basically the same). Yeah, it doesn’t provide either Head Smash or Roost, but it also gives you access to Gyro Ball, Trick Room, Stealth Rock, access to semi reliable recovery on Morning Sun (Moonlight on Lunaton's case) and Levitate. It even gives you Will-O-Wisp, which is always nice =^]
I feel like all these Stakataka sets are kinda missing the mark. As Gojiratar said what a Stakataka needs is Trick Room and Gyro Ball, or it's not filling its niche (nb, band sets like the Dhelmise ones are probably decent too tbh, but require a lot more support).

Stakataka is inherently an offensive mon, so you shouldn't be looking for defensive utility when using it. Its typing is just too awful for that. My recommended set is

Necrozma (Stakataka) @ Life Orb / Rockium Z
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake / Stone Edge
- Trick Room

EQ provides better overall coverage, Stone Edge provides a secondary STAB and hits Steel/Flying types like Steela. Swords Dance allows Stakataka to dish out tons of damage, boosting its already high attack to extreme levels.

Lycanroc-Dusk (Tyranitar) @ Darkinium Z / Life Orb / Tyranitarite if you're extra
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock
- Sucker Punch
- Drill Run / Stone Edge / Crunch / other coverage

I was looking for a Duskanroc inheritor and Ttar seemed like the best bet. Does anyone else have a cool Duskanroc set for me to steal to stimulate conversation with no ulterior motives on my part whatsoever?

EDIT:
Now, this thing gets walled by stuff like Levitate Steels, so be sure to bring a Magnet Puller. (completely new and creative idea™)
[18:24:29] +drampas@~@grandpa: run a mag puller
new and creative™

EDIT EDIT: post 500 whoo i love everyone chloe's a weeb

Last edited:

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Stakataka is inherently an offensive mon, so you shouldn't be looking for defensive utility when using it. Its typing is just too awful for that. My recommended set is

Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room

EQ provides better overall coverage, Stone Edge provides a secondary STAB and hits Steel/Flying types like Steela. Swords Dance allows Stakataka to dish out tons of damage, boosting its already high attack to extreme levels.

Lycanroc-Dusk (Tyranitar) @ Darkinium Z / Life Orb / Tyranitarite if you're extra
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock
- Sucker Punch

I was looking for a Duskanroc inheritor and Ttar seemed like the best bet. Does anyone else have a cool Duskanroc set for me to steal to stimulate conversation with no ulterior motives on my part whatsoever?
Sure fam
lycanroc-twilight.png

Excadrill @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Stomping Tantrum
- Fire Fang
- Happy Hour

So basically you use Z-Happy Hour to boost your stats.
The cool thing is that Happy Hour counts as a failed move for Stomping Tantrum, so basically you get a usable 150BP move boosted by STAB and Tough Claws after boosting yourself.
Also Iron Head for hax and STAB and Fire Fang for Steel types. Accelerock is also an option for some Flying types, i guess.

Now, this thing gets walled by stuff like Levitate Steels, so be sure to bring a Magnet Puller. (completely new and creative idea™)

Forget all of this, it turns out that Happy Hour counting as a failed move is an error from Showdown.
*Runs away*

Last edited:
Thanks haha, anyways the reason i did not mention it cause i had no idea the rocks got gyro ball. This will probably be better due to screwing over offense with tr while still keeping levitate and a strong 100% acc stab
Edit: to be fair its not that lackluster, z head smash is very powerful and has the niche of hitting slow tanks/walls on balance infinitely harder than gyro

I feel like all these Stakataka sets are kinda missing the mark. As Gojiratar said what a Stakataka needs is Trick Room and Gyro Ball, or it's not filling its niche (nb, band sets like the Dhelmise ones are probably decent too tbh, but require a lot more support).

Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Accelerock
- Sucker Punch

EDIT:

[18:24:29] +drampas@~@grandpa: run a mag puller
new and creative™
Im not sure about this staka set, isnt it just like regular stakataka? The only difference is it loses beast boost (which loses its snowballing capabilities) and improving its matchup vs balance (swords dance gyros gonna hurt). Since its coverage doesnt change much u might as well just run normal stakataka since i believe beast boost is the superior ability

Also speaking of dusk users welcome your new breaker:
Edit:

Lycanroc-Dusk (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang/Drill Run/Earth Power
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Hoopa-Unbound Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 149-176 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Welp thats a resist

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Hoopa-Unbound Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 283-334 (88.7 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
goODbYe

252 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 210-247 (58.6 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Hoopa-Unbound Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Fini: 195-229 (56.8 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Hoopa-Unbound Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 210-247 (52.7 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Hoopa-Unbound Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Stakataka: 153-181 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

Nice physical walls, loser (intimidate sucks for it big time unfortunately)

I mean theres obviously better users i think, but finding a niche for hoopa is always fun

For better users (other than ones like garchomp/exca and bisharp) i really feel that tyranitar is probably gonna be the best user due natural good bulk, great attack, can use both priority stabs in accelerock and sucker punch

(Reserved for meme Bulletproof Tyranitar set™)

Last edited:
Also speaking of dusk users welcome your new breaker:

Lycanroc-Dusk (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang/Drill Run/Earth Power
252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Hoopa-Unbound Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 149-176 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Welp thats a resist

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Hoopa-Unbound Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 283-334 (88.7 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
goODbYe

252 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 210-247 (58.6 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Hoopa-Unbound Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Fini: 195-229 (56.8 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Hoopa-Unbound Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 210-247 (52.7 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Hoopa-Unbound Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Stakataka: 153-181 (46.9 - 55.5%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

Nice physical walls, loser (intimidate sucks for it big time unfortunately)

I mean theres obviously better users i think, but finding a niche for hoopa is always fun
Wait, wasn't Hoopa-Unbound banned?

Hoopa-Unbound is banned, yes.

A set I'm looking forward to trying is Solrock passing to Mega Camerupt.
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpDef
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot

Tyler memed on me with Slurpuff!Terrakion when we played last night, so I've yet to see this in action.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)