Metagame Inheritance

Gonna post a team I've been using that seems ok, altho it might struggle vs some HO builds especially if it has a bad defensive MU vs the unburden mon or pex gets worn down and cant haze it. Some weather builds too.

:garchomp: :tapu koko: :heatran: :moltres-galar: :celesteela: :toxapex:
The idea here was building around fat ScarfChomp inheriting from Glowbro to act as speed control vs offense, while being able to trick it's scarf away to cripple fatter teams and Drum up in order to provide pressure. Regen lets you keep drumming, while 0 atk invest is offset by boosting to max instead of just to +2. Then there's koko as Koko and Zera are just insanely good as baseline speed control. Av Molt + Glowking!Tran work well as a core as Molt answers most SFLO inheritors quite well while Tran answers all the Fairies that pressure Molt, while being able to Trick Scarf away in order to break vs fatter teams. CelePex rounds out the other defensive holes of this team.

Thoughts on the meta (these are my thoughts and don't necessarily represent the opinions of the council as a whole and are likely influenced by the types of teams I've been trying to make work):

- :chansey: :cresselia: I agree with aleph that Chans + Cress probably need to go. Their bodies are just too good and inheriting from Clef/Swoobat (Unaware) or Xatu (Bounce) gives them ridiculous utility moves and insane defensive presence. On the topic of Bounce/Unaware or Xatu/Clef/Swoobat as donors - I definitely think these are balanced, if very strong and toptier, but it's the absurd statlines of Cress/Chansey that push them towards the edge. If your opponent is forced to run Mew/Steela as Xatu inheritors you can actually meaningfully dent them with +2 Stone Edge or something, as opposed to doing like 60% to Cress, getting hazed and roosted on.

- :zeraora: :tapu koko:Zera/Koko are insanely hard to deal with unless you laugh at them with Unaware Cress, but at least they can get rocks up in that case. I have physdef Steela on this team and it took 70 from Tauros!Zera Flamethrower, so I'd say you're only really safe vs all the standard sets with electric immune pex, but then you run into Psyfangs overage from Mawile and get nuked. Grounds also only work if they're neutral to Ice so Swampert and Miltank!Hippo/Rune.

- :landorus-therian: :zapdos-galar: :archeops: Unburden is a big pain. I generally prefer using priority for speed control, but i wanted to experiment with running Scarfers since I liked the idea of Scarf Regen Chomp with Trick (Regen Scarf+Trick in general really) and I ran into the same scenario multiple times already, of being up 5-3 or something with the game looking like it's over and I'm gonna close it out with a Koko/Pult/Zeraora but then my opp procs unburden and I can't deal with it properly. If nothing else, this is a clear sign that the way I've been building my defensive cores is not "it", but it definitely feels like Unburden asks you to jump through too many hoops in teambuilding to really be safe against it.

- :urshifu-rapid-strike: :inteleon: Weather is similarly a big pain, as it also tends to bypass Scarfers as speed control and can overwhelm the absurd bulk of Cress/Chans by stacking multipliers, while also doing well vs teams that try to cover a wide variety of threats and thus fold to typespam - but gets shut down by stuff like Jelli!Gengar (if rain) or various FF steels if sun.

- :victini: :darmanitan: :blacephalon: Victini as a donor is also kinda insane, CB Vic!Darm just nukes anything apart from quad resists or FF. And it's not like Victini doesnt have tools to play around those, you can Uturn spam or Trick the switchin if you are getting blanked. I've also seen and used Victini!Zera/Koko as well as Victini!Blace, the latter having the advantage of mixed sets due to good mixed offenses.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm here with another silly post on things I forgot to ban. One thing that slipped my mind previously:

:ss/combusken:
Combusken - This is just a loophole on Blaziken. This should have been clipped from the start but I have a smooth brain and forgot to claim this one.

Clarifications: Some players have been assuming the banlist is incorrect in some areas. This is true, but for better clarification, I will be doing two things:
1. Inheritance is now de-merged from the OU banlist, meaning that it has a seperate banlist for both inheritors and donors. Starting off this will likely include every single Uber for the donors category but as we go along we may unban some donors due to their lack of useful traits. The OP has been changed accordingly to fit this.
2. The banlist currently does not include: Chansey, Cresselia, Genesect, Naganadel and Unburden. These 5 are likely to be banned quickly within the next few days, but as the banlist is in this current state, I have decided to keep them free to monitor their effectiveness over the next few days.
3. Shell Smash should be banned regarding the OP, but it does not appear to be banned on the server right now.

Edit from the below post: Melm should be banned as donor and is currently banned in builder - I plan to keep it this way for now

Last edited:
Edit from the below post: Melm should be banned as donor and is currently banned in builder - I plan to keep it this way for now
tried pointing this out but then my brain killed itself in the process

Anyways, this meta is pretty cool. Mons that have great move-ability combinations but ass stats finally get a shot in the limelight (see exploud, marowak, etc). Along with this, mons that have great stats but awful abilities/moves also get a chance to shine, like the Regis and Guzzlord.

Deleted User 350996

Banned deucer.
Hi there, here some cool sets I'd like to share with you:

:weavile: + :cinccino:
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

If :hitmontop: is probably the most famous combination for Weavile, :cinccino: should be mentioned too; it gives you the blessed Triple Axel of course but you don't lose Knock Off and even the precious U-tur for momentum. Finally, Gunk Shot hit fairies. The only con is that Technician only works for Triple Axel though but that's all you need I guess.

:celebi: + :volcarona:
Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Fiery Dance

Thanks to :volcarona: Celebi can now take advantage of its excellent bulk with Quiver Dance. Fiery Dance gives you the needed Fire coverage while having a chance to improve Celebi's SpA.

:incineroar: + :clefable:
Incineroar @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

If Alakazam + Indeedee is one of your nightmare so here the perfect answer. Magic Guard works perfectly on :incineroar: : you trade Boots for lefties while being mmunised to status.

:cobalion: + :dhelmise:
Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Steelworker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Anchor Shot
- Synthesis

This is experimental but that might works. Body Press with STAB hits hard and Anchor Shot allows you to trap something passive against you therefore you can set-up (also notice it is boosted by Steelworker).

:landorus-therian: + :dragonite:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lum Berry / Leftovers / Yache Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dual Wingbeat
- Extreme Speed / Substitute / Roost

This one should have been mentioned I suppose but I haven't met a single one on battles. Now Lando can finally run a decent flying STAB, having priority and Multiscale is a blessing with such a good typing.

:ninjask: + :druddigon:
Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Taunt
- Dual Wingbeat

:druddigon: combination of SR + Glare + Taunt with Mold Breaker is amazing with Xatu everywhere.

hello Chazm if you’re going to maintain separate ban lists for donors and inheritors, it may be less overhead and simpler to do a single banlist for Pokémon that are globally banned and then have two allow lists, since there are so many Pokémon common to each existing banlist.

Donor bans = D
Inheritor bans = I

global ban list = D union I (this is the big list)
Donor allows = I\D (inheritor bans that aren’t donor banned)
Inheritor allows = D\I (donor bans that aren’t inheritor banned)
These are a few Pokémon each.

this gets rid of the need for “you can’t inherit from banned stuff” rule

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
2. The banlist currently does not include: Chansey, Cresselia, Genesect, Naganadel and Unburden. These 5 are likely to be banned quickly within the next few days, but as the banlist is in this current state, I have decided to keep them free to monitor their effectiveness over the next few days.
pretty undecided on chansey and cress, leaning more ban on chansey though. in my experience they just sit there so you can knock their item and hit them strong neutral attacks usually, or cripple them on stall. chansey likes using teleport though so that sucks. teleport is a bottom 5 moment in gen 8.

i've used genesect and naganadel on the same team for quite a few games and i can say that they're pretty healthy. as inheritors they have decent stats (underwhelming, even - genesect's 99 speed is highly unfortunate for a scarf mon). as donors they are even more niche, since in my opinion they are their best inheritors: genesect has a fast stab uturn as well as high special attack to take advantage of its coverage moves, while naganadel has like 0 attacks besides stabs + fire blast + thunderbolt. genesect can probably inherit from mons like mienshao/hawlucha/darmanitan/passimian/jirachi maybe, but all of these are pretty niche roles where other mons probably do it better. same for naganadel - its best set probably inherits from dragalge but dragapult is a huge competitor cause it can hit steels with a stab shadow ball.

echoing tnm's thoughts on unburden its a pain in the ass and im fine with it being banned lol

some cool sets i found
:sm/incineroar::cryogonal:
INCELIROAR (Incineroar) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
this beats most nidoking sets besides gengar, plus it can spin really easily thanks to koff stab. watch out for surprise focus blasts

:sm/magearna::clefable:
Maldearna (Magearna) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast / Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
mg magearna is strong as hell, plus it can lure chansey and remove its eviolite which is cool. you can run funny psychic if you want to dab on emolgapex.

:sm/blacephalon::clefable:
WHAT (Blacephalon) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore
- Stealth Rock / Calm Mind
use on offense against random unburdens and mons that rely on priority

this might already be documented, but Donor Clause is still slightly bugged rn - was able to run two mons with Basculin sets, both of which were identified as Basculin-Blue-Stripe:

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Flip Turn
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
- Flip Turn
- Toxic
- Whirlpool
- Soak

team validated with no issues.

anyway, I've only played a handful of low ladder games with it but Swampert inheriting from Bouffalant has been a super nice tank. Sap Sipper is a great help obvi but bouff has more defensive options than I would've given it credit for - cotton guard and amnesia can make it annoying, gets earthquake and surf as stab options if you really need them, and you can even run SD for an offensive set

Starting off this will likely include every single Uber for the donors category but as we go along we may unban some donors due to their lack of useful traits. The OP has been changed accordingly to fit this.
If the donor/inheritor banlists are supposed to be separated, can we discuss unbanning Darmanitan-Galar, Dracovish, and maybe Melmetal as inheritors? They wouldn't be able to use the traits that make them broken, which they can only get from themselves.

My thoughts on Donor unbans.
:calyrex-ice: Calyrex-Ice: Has access to one of the best physical moves in the game, a better Moxie, lots of coverage, SD, Trick Room... Should probably stay banned.
:calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow: Although Astral Barrage is just as good as Glacial Lance, Shadow Rider has a lot less coverage and comes with the opportunity cost of not being able to grant a secondary STAB to most of the viable ghosts. I'd allow it but keep it under close watch.
:darmanitan-galar: Darmanitan-Galar: Obvious ban, Gorilla Tactics on faster Pokémon not weak to rocks isn't going to be balanced.
:dialga: Dialga: Nothing impressive about this, no reason to be banned. Only notable move over Hydreigon are pretty much rocks, and some whack coverage like Thunderbolt over Kommo-o.
:dracovish: Dracovish: No brainer unban since Fishious Rend is blanket banned.
:eternatus: Eternatus: Decent but sparse movepool, Recover and Toxic Spikes are good but I am not sure what would actually use it. Unban.
:giratina: Giratina: Most I can say is that it's another Poltergeist user, but it seems nothing special aside from that. Unban.
:giratina-origin: Giratina-Origin: As above but with a better ability.
:groudon: Groudon: This is basically Torkoal without Rapid Spin and Body Press, but more coverage in return. Probably banworthy because of its similarity.
:ho-oh: Ho-Oh: Another Regenerator Pokémon, it has strong moves like Sacred Fire, Brave Bird and Earthquake. It's hard to gauge if it will be a positive or negative addition overall, but I can't see it be broken enough to keep it banned for now.
:kyogre: Kyogre: Unlike Groudon, Kyogre doesn't seem as broken for various reasons and has to compete with Pelipper and Politoed. Still, those Water Spouts can be scary.
:kyurem-black: Kyurem-Black: Mainly good on physical Electric types who can use Dragon Dance and Ice coverage. The unreliability of Icicle Spear keeps it more balanced.
:kyurem-white: Kyurem-White: More colorful movepool on the special side, can fit on a variety of Pokémon. Lack of boosting moves keeps it balanced imo.
:landorus: Landorus: Worse Nido, with U-Turn and Rock Polish I guess?
:lugia: Lugia: Only has Aeroblast, Calm Mind and Earth Power over Dragonite, doesn't seem impressive.
:lunala: Lunala: Lots of strong coverage moves, a powerful ability, Moongeist Beam, various support moves. Like Ho-oh it is the kind of donor that, Blace aside, could either turn out unhealthy or positive, hard to tell.
:marshadow: Marshadow: This is actually very scary in the hands of Dragapult, but I can't tell if the donor is the problem. Next best things are Alowak and a weird physical Blace.
:melmetal: Melmetal: Double Iron Bash is uncompetitive lmao.
:mewtwo: Mewtwo: Literally nothing outstanding over its parent Mew. Even Psystrike is not very impressive.
:necrozma-dawn-wings: Necrozma-Dawn-Wings: Necrozma with Moongeist Beam, not as good as Lunala but still whack on Blace lmao.
:necrozma-dusk-mane: Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: Necrozma with Sunsteel Strike, sounds kinda scary but then again Necrozma already has Iron Head for what is worth.
:palkia: Palkia: Spacial Rend is the only thing it has going for it over other Dragons, now that Hydro Pump is more common.
:rayquaza: Rayquaza: Inheritance used to be able to handle Mega-Rayquaza inheritors back then, but it was a different time. Scary as fuck mon in general, mainly because of V-Create, worth watching.
:regieleki: Regieleki: Blocked by any Ground type, not worth using over Koko/Pincurchin/others.
:reshiram: Reshiram: Kyurem-W with a stronger Fire move but no Freeze-Dry coverage, probably more balanced because of that.
:regigigas: Regigigas: Seriously, why is this on the initial banlist?
:solgaleo: Solgaleo: Lots of powerful coverage moves, a semireliable recovery, and that's about it. Not too awful but hardly spectacular.
:spectrier: Spectrier: Obvious unban if Calyrex-Shadow is also unbanned. Otherwise it is also mostly outclassed by Naganadel and Blacephalon as donors.
:urshifu: Urshifu: Wicked Blow is very strong, but the movepool might be sparse enough, lacking other high powered options aside from CC and Stone Edge, to keep it balanced, who knows.
:xerneas: Xerneas: Geomancy, enough said.
:yveltal: Yveltal: On the contrary Yveltal is nowhere near as impressive as Xerneas. It's hard to replicate exactly what it does but on the other hand what it does isn't too impressive.
:zacian: Zacian /:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned: Very clearly broken, for reasons that everyone who plays OMs should know.
:zamazenta: Zamazenta / :zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned: Poor movepool that doesn't synergize well with its ability and with useful moves that you can count on two hands. Obvious unban.
:zekrom: Zekrom: Kyurem-B with a stronger Electric move but no Ice coverage, so it struggles to break past Hippo, Lando etc. when donating to the likes of Zeraora.
:zygarde-complete: Zygarde-Complete: Banned because it would work on its lesser forms, doesn't really change anything as you can still get Thousand Arrows from Zygarde-10% and 50%
In short
Unban: Dialga, Dracovish, Eternatus, Giratina(-Origin), Ho-oh, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Lunala, Mewtwo, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Palkia, Regieleki, Regigigas, Reshiram, Solgaleo, Spectrier, Yveltal, Zamazenta(-Crowned), Zekrom
Watch: Calyrex-Shadow, Kyogre, Marshadow, Rayquaza, Urshifu
Keep banned: Calyrex-Ice, Darmanitan-Galar, Groudon, Melmetal, Shedinja, Xerneas, Zacian(-Crowned), Zygarde-Complete

Some of these, like Lunala and Necrozma-DW, might break one specific Pokémon like Blace in particular but I doubt this makes them broken per se. It's more likely that Blacephalon is the problem in this specific case.

Last edited:
Bans:
Pokemon - These Pokemon are banned as both donors and inheritors

:calyrex-ice: Calyrex-Ice
:calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
:darmanitan-galar: Darmanitan-Galar
:dialga: Dialga
:dracovish: Dracovish
:eternatus: Eternatus
:giratina: Giratina
:giratina-origin: Giratina-Origin
:groudon: Groudon
:ho-oh: Ho-Oh
:kartana: Kartana
:kyogre: Kyogre
:kyurem-black: Kyurem-Black
:landorus: Landorus
:lugia: Lugia
:marshadow: Marshadow
:melmetal: Melmetal
:mewtwo: Mewtwo
:necrozma-dawn-wings: Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
:necrozma-dusk-mane: Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:palkia: Palkia
:pheromosa: Pheromosa
:rayquaza: Rayquaza
:regieleki: Regieleki
:reshiram: Reshiram
:regigigas: Regigigas
:shedinja: Shedinja
:spectrier: Spectrier
:urshifu: Urshifu-Single-Strike
:xerneas: Xerneas
:yveltal: Yveltal
:zacian: Zacian
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned
:zamazenta: Zamazenta
:zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned
:zekrom: Zekrom
:zygarde-complete: Zygarde-Complete

Donors - These Pokemon cannot donate abilities or moves but can still inherit

:blaziken: Blaziken
:butterfree: Butterfree
:combusken: Combusken
:toxtricity: Toxtricity
:torkoal: Torkoal

Abilities
Arena Trap
Imposter
Huge/Pure Power
Water Bubble
Innards Out
Simple
Libero
Power Construct

Moves
Shell Smash
Fishious Rend
Bolt Beak

Chazm
As a banlist, this feels cleaner to look at and easier to understand in my opinion.

:ss/chansey: :ss/cresselia: :ss/hawlucha:

Chansey, Cresselia, and Unburden are now banned from Inheritance.

Chansey & Cresselia have been banned due to their immense bulk as bodies. Paired with donors like Wooper / Clefable, Xatu and Sableye makes them extremely difficult to break and methods are often unreliable. Sableye!Chansey only really has fighting types that are capable of forcing it out, which severely restricts the amount of Pokemon that can actually make progress vs the stalls that Sableye!Chansey are likely to appear on. Xatu!Cresselia is also a ridiculously difficult wall to pierce - it in combination with the fighting types that a specially defensive blob would be able to take down make for a ridiculously effective 2-mon core that requires specific breakers to override.

Unburden is banned due to its extreme centralization on offense requiring heavy priority, Unaware or Pranster to be able to deal with effectively. Not every team has this available, and thus this makes it very difficult to effectively check Unburden sweepers like Hawlucha!Zapdos-Galar or Sceptile!Landorus-T.

Two other changes that are happening to the metagame:

We are implementing 2 Ability Clause.

In order to combat Regenerator spam, I believe that discussion on implementing 2 Ability Clause is worthwhile. Inheritance is a very ability centric metagame and having this will help make the metagame more diverse instead of having Regenerators be spammed. The current issue with Regenerator spam is that more than 2 Regens can make teams very difficult to chip, often meaning that wincons will have to be direct wins, or face excruciatingly long games. Regenerator chains can also force games into excessively long stalemates where neither player is capable of making any progress. We do not feel that more than 2 Regenerators would make this an issue.

We are merging our banlists for donors and bases.

This is to avoid confusion from the OP and to make the banlist much easier to understand (imo). Not only does this fall in line with more mainstream OMs in their minimizing of the banlist technicalities, but it also stops questions about if the donor or base is banned, etc. Grouping these two together under a single banlist should help the metagame progress without potential confusion on if the Pokemon is banned as one category but not as the other.

Tagging Kris to implement.

Last edited:
After a few days of testing I would like to give my contributions for this forum in the form of these sets

Dragapult (Naganadel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 48HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Shadow Claw
- Poison Jab / Gunk Shot

As an alternative to inheriting from Dragalge, this physical Pult retains its ability to set up, and thanks to Beast Boost, it can continously gain attack boost, while outspeeding most scarfers at +1.

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower

Another Naganadel inspired Pult. Its advantage over Dragalge is its access to nasty plot, with Beast Boost helping outspeed everything after KO´s

Swampert (Mantine) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Liquidation
- Seed Bomb
- Gunk Shot

While walled by bulky flying types, Mega swampert has (kinda) been reborn. Thanks to mantine´s somehow amazing physical coverage and swift swim, Swampert is able to Mega Evolve! (on a budget). Swampert can now deal with with other bulky waters thanks to seed bomb and fairies with gunk shot.

Tapu Koko (Magearna)@ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball / Volt switch / Calm Mind

Koko receives the blessing of a powerful fairy stab thanks to Magearna. Specs Koko has the potential of being a potent threat, while its Thunderbolts are initially less powerful, its access to Bolt/Beam, Fleur Cannon and energy ball make it hard to switch into, specially after a Soul Heart Boost.

Mamoswine (Sandslash-Alola) @ Life Orb / Choice Band / Weakness Policy
Ability: Slush Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash / Triple Axel
- Knock Off / Iron Head / Poison Jab / Leech Life / Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance / Hone Claws / Coverage

Mamoswine has always been a contender in OU thanks to its strong Earthquakes and Icicle Crashes. Now, Mamo can threaten the Tier with immeadiate banded Triple Axels while being incredibly fast (outspeeding Dragapult) or being able to set up (especially behind aurora veil).

Aromatisse / Grimmsnarl (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Facade
- Curse

And finally for something silly, this theoretical monstrosity. This abomination of a set is meant to fire off Boosted stab Facades, Choice of either Aromatisse or Grimmsnarl comes down to Power vs. Survivability.

After a few days of testing I would like to give my contributions for this forum in the form of these sets

EVs: 48HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Shadow Claw
- Poison Jab / Gunk Shot

As an alternative to inheriting from Dragalge, this physical Pult retains its ability to set up, and thanks to Beast Boost, it can continously gain attack boost, while outspeeding most scarfers at +1.

Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower

Another Naganadel inspired Pult. Its advantage over Dragalge is its access to nasty plot, with Beast Boost helping outspeed everything after KO´s

Swampert (Mantine) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Liquidation
- Seed Bomb
- Gunk Shot

While walled by bulky flying types, Mega swampert has (kinda) been reborn. Thanks to mantine´s somehow amazing physical coverage and swift swim, Swampert is able to Mega Evolve! (on a budget). Swampert can now deal with with other bulky waters thanks to seed bomb and fairies with gunk shot.

Tapu Koko (Magearna)@ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball / Volt switch / Calm Mind

Koko receives the blessing of a powerful fairy stab thanks to Magearna. Specs Koko has the potential of being a potent threat, while its Thunderbolts are initially less powerful, its access to Bolt/Beam, Fleur Cannon and energy ball make it hard to switch into, specially after a Soul Heart Boost.

Mamoswine (Sandslash-Alola) @ Life Orb / Choice Band / Weakness Policy
Ability: Slush Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash / Triple Axel
- Knock Off / Iron Head / Poison Jab / Leech Life / Aqua Tail
- Swords Dance / Hone Claws / Coverage

Mamoswine has always been a contender in OU thanks to its strong Earthquakes and Icicle Crashes. Now, Mamo can threaten the Tier with immeadiate banded Triple Axels while being incredibly fast (outspeeding Dragapult) or being able to set up (especially behind aurora veil).

Aromatisse / Grimmsnarl (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Facade
- Curse

And finally for something silly, this theoretical monstrosity. This abomination of a set is meant to fire off Boosted stab Facades, Choice of either Aromatisse or Grimmsnarl comes down to Power vs. Survivability.
Unfortunately sleep does not boost Facade. If it did though, this would be a heat set!

Its been a long time since I last seriously played Inherit.
Alas, no Masq x Cune or Breloom x Snorlax (I miss my gods of stall)
Have some ideas I want to post (and ironically they are not stall)
Edit: Oh seriously people. Now Chansey and Cress are banned? Lame.

Nidoking x Blacephlaon:
Used to remember Nido x Gengar as a wall breaking machine due to awesome coverage +sheer force.
Was going to use Spect but thats banned :puff:

Nking2 (Blacephalon) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power/Taunt

Still, good luck walling this thing.

:Buzzwole: @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
A fav of mine in 350 Cup is AV Mienfoo as a great offensive support pivot. Using Buzz is like a mix of that and AV Tangrowth which is rad.
Great pivot that removes items, and builds a lot of chip dmg throughout a game due to fake out+U-turn.

Fatass (Blissey) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap
- Recover
My new god of stall. SSap + WoW controls 99% of the physical attackers. So that + Bliss inherent special bulk means a wall that won't die.
Unless you taunt or toxic it of course.

Last edited:

Deleted User 350996

Banned deucer.
[...] We are implementing 2 Ability Clause.

In order to combat Regenerator spam, I believe that discussion on implementing 2 Ability Clause is worthwhile. Inheritance is a very ability centric metagame and having this will help make the metagame more diverse instead of having Regenerators be spammed. The current issue with Regenerator spam is that more than 2 Regens can make teams very difficult to chip, often meaning that wincons will have to be direct wins, or face excruciatingly long games. Regenerator chains can also force games into excessively long stalemates where neither player is capable of making any progress. We do not feel that more than 2 Regenerators would make this an issue.
ing Kris to implement.
I'd be pro-ban Regenerator for a simple reason: a solid rege-team is almost impossible to break since it can check almost everything, as you mentioned yourself. There is no any ability to counter Regenerator, the only thing you can do is stacking hazard but this kind of team use Tornadus (Defog) or Eldegoss (Rapid Spin), not mentionning Xatu of course.
Generally speaking, preventing "ability stacking" would be a healthy thing in my opinion. Regenerator is ok but should be limited.

May as well post my favorite Inheritance sets in this thread.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Aura Sphere / Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
This set does wonders against things like Dragapult, Latios, Heatran, and the majority of defensive staples. It's able to freely get a CM up on a Cresselia, sub as it teleports, then wreak havoc with Soul-Heart snowballing hard. Little extra note: you can actually run 2 Magearna inheritors on the same team due to the validator counting Magearna and Magearna-Original as separate pokemon. This is great for my next team member, Metagross.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Brick Break / Stored Power
- Shift Gear
- Zen Headbutt
- Iron Head
This is an absolute terror of a set. After a Shift Gear, you can outspeed Dragapult, Zeraora, Scarf Porygon-Z, and non-Scarf Blacephalon, and it threatens all of these with a +1 Iron Head. Now, technically, Blacephalon resists all 3 moves, but it's so frail it doesn't actually count. Not much more to say. Just a really fun to use set.

LatiasDigs

formerly digitalson
I'm just gonna take a moment to talk about a set I've been using that I haven't really seen talked about here.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

This Dragapult set is inheriting Jynx, which gives it access to various things
1: nasty plot, this one is pretty self explanatory, one of the best set up moves in the game and lets dragapult sweep with its insane speed, outspeed only buy zeraora, scarf users, speed boost+protect users, as well as the stray ninjask/accelgor
2: shadow ball+focus blast, ghost+fighting type coverage is unresited and is consequentially one of the best coverages in the entire game
3: lovely kiss, a 75% accuracy sleep move that grass types arent immune to unlike spore, combined with the aforementioned speed you can semi-reliably (at least more reliably than focus blast) put opponents to sleep allowing you to set up easier
4: dry skin, not something you would expect to be particularly useful on something that already resists water, however combined with the ghost typing it allows you to wall out urshifu rapid and similarly run mons unless they run dark type coverage, forcing a switch allowing you to nasty plot to lovely kiss the switch in (or them if they stay in and try hitting you with dark coverage but now cant due to sleep)

I'm just gonna take a moment to talk about a set I've been using that I haven't really seen talked about here.

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

This Dragapult set is inheriting Jynx, which gives it access to various things
1: nasty plot, this one is pretty self explanatory, one of the best set up moves in the game and lets dragapult sweep with its insane speed, outspeed only buy zeraora, scarf users, speed boost+protect users, as well as the stray ninjask/accelgor
2: shadow ball+focus blast, ghost+fighting type coverage is unresited and is consequentially one of the best coverages in the entire game
3: lovely kiss, a 75% accuracy sleep move that grass types arent immune to unlike spore, combined with the aforementioned speed you can semi-reliably (at least more reliably than focus blast) put opponents to sleep allowing you to set up easier
4: dry skin, not something you would expect to be particularly useful on something that already resists water, however combined with the ghost typing it allows you to wall out urshifu rapid and similarly run mons unless they run dark type coverage, forcing a switch allowing you to nasty plot to lovely kiss the switch in (or them if they stay in and try hitting you with dark coverage but now cant due to sleep)
I remember using this set before shifting to Indeedee-F Latios, I think I snagged it from you on ladder lol

Some resourceful announcements:

The Inheritance Viability Rankings are finally up! Shoutouts to Yubellia for helping the initial structure get together.

We are also currently accepting sample teams for potential use. Note that this is a volatile metagame and teams may become outdated as banworthy Pokemon become more evident.

Speaking of banworthy Pokemon, here is my current watchlist for the Inheritance metagame as of today:
:tapu koko: :blacephalon: :kyurem: :sableye:

Tapu Koko is being looked at due to its very restrictive nature as a wallbreaker. Its Mawile set is strong enough to force Electric + Fairy immunities onto most teams, without using Hippowdon or risking rolls with Swampert. Its lightning fast Speed also makes it very difficult to actively deal with on more offensive teams. Some more creative checks to the specific Mawile set have been popping up such as Sableye!Magearna, however, these tend to fall to the more uncommon Victini & mixed Sheer Force sets that Tapu Koko can utilize.

Similarly to Tapu Koko, Blacephalon is being looked at due to its ridiculous initial power, which most SF donors can capitalize on. However, its variance in special and physical sets is greater, despite its lower Speed, as it can work decently well with donors like Marowak-Alola to lure its otherwise decent checks. Clefable also works well as a donor that is immune to hazard damage that would otherwise wear down its SF sets, at the cost of less initial power.

Kyurem currently alarms me as the biggest threat on this list as not only is it threatening again with SF donors but its Substitute + Bulk Up Hitmontop set is also quite difficult to properly check without an unaware Water type, a Sableye Ice resist, or Doublade. However, unlike the other two Pokemon on this list, Kyurem is a bulky mon by comparison, and thus RegenVesters do not easily check its special sets, and its physical sets can find ease of setup on bulky Waters through Substitute. Checking it is a nightmare in the builder and is mostly reliant on play in the actual game to properly check it, or utilizing some very niche Pokemon, which can often cripple the rest of a build.

Sableye is on this list due to how frustrating it can be to force out, as very few Pokemon are capable of 2HKOing a Sableye base without either receiving a burn or being Encored into a Substitute / recovery move. The sparce list of special attackers that also don't get worn down with the best donors (Magearna, Tapu Fini) also make it difficult to pressure through a more balance-type manner. This narrows down counterplay pretty short to the point where sometimes the best play is to just utilize Magic Bounce and stall one out, in which case, those will tend to lose to Nasty Plot variants. It can be very frustrating to deal with Sableye donors in the game and like the other three this is why I believe it to be banworthy.

This is it for today. Have fun!

Some resourceful announcements:

The Inheritance Viability Rankings are finally up! Shoutouts to Yubellia for helping the initial structure get together.

We are also currently accepting sample teams for potential use. Note that this is a volatile metagame and teams may become outdated as banworthy Pokemon become more evident.

Speaking of banworthy Pokemon, here is my current watchlist for the Inheritance metagame as of today:
:tapu koko: :blacephalon: :kyurem: :sableye:

Tapu Koko is being looked at due to its very restrictive nature as a wallbreaker. Its Mawile set is strong enough to force Electric + Fairy immunities onto most teams, without using Hippowdon or risking rolls with Swampert. Its lightning fast Speed also makes it very difficult to actively deal with on more offensive teams. Some more creative checks to the specific Mawile set have been popping up such as Sableye!Magearna, however, these tend to fall to the more uncommon Victini & mixed Sheer Force sets that Tapu Koko can utilize.

Similarly to Tapu Koko, Blacephalon is being looked at due to its ridiculous initial power, which most SF donors can capitalize on. However, its variance in special and physical sets is greater, despite its lower Speed, as it can work decently well with donors like Marowak-Alola to lure its otherwise decent checks. Clefable also works well as a donor that is immune to hazard damage that would otherwise wear down its SF sets, at the cost of less initial power.

Kyurem currently alarms me as the biggest threat on this list as not only is it threatening again with SF donors but its Substitute + Bulk Up Hitmontop set is also quite difficult to properly check without an unaware Water type, a Sableye Ice resist, or Doublade. However, unlike the other two Pokemon on this list, Kyurem is a bulky mon by comparison, and thus RegenVesters do not easily check its special sets, and its physical sets can find ease of setup on bulky Waters through Substitute. Checking it is a nightmare in the builder and is mostly reliant on play in the actual game to properly check it, or utilizing some very niche Pokemon, which can often cripple the rest of a build.

Sableye is on this list due to how frustrating it can be to force out, as very few Pokemon are capable of 2HKOing a Sableye base without either receiving a burn or being Encored into a Substitute / recovery move. The sparce list of special attackers that also don't get worn down with the best donors (Magearna, Tapu Fini) also make it difficult to pressure through a more balance-type manner. This narrows down counterplay pretty short to the point where sometimes the best play is to just utilize Magic Bounce and stall one out, in which case, those will tend to lose to Nasty Plot variants. It can be very frustrating to deal with Sableye donors in the game and like the other three this is why I believe it to be banworthy.

This is it for today. Have fun!
Nice! Do you have a link to the VR, or is it still being worked on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)