Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me what errors you get.
the security key or DNS may have been entered incorrectly. check the system settings => internet settings

there may be problems with the network or the environment. to ensure an optimal connection environment, move closer to the access point and make sure that there are no obstructions between the system and the access point. if this does not work, please try again later.

check that your computer can connect to the internet using the same settings. if not, refer to the instruction booklet that same with the access point.
error code: 003-2001
This is what I get. This is stupid for a million reasons, the key is literally 11111111, I have the stupid thing right in front of me. Really frustrated.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
This is what I get. This is stupid for a million reasons, the key is literally 11111111, I have the stupid thing right in front of me. Really frustrated.
Getting fustrated at it isn't going to help it be fixed any faster. I meant what errors, if any, do you get from instacheck.

Esmeya

I'm not getting errors from instacheck because I can't even get connected to the internet.
Then you set up the connection between your physical (local) connection and the wireless connections wrong. Either enable sharing on the connections or delete your home connection settings and start all over again, if you're too technologically inept don't bother doing the second option, because you might cause more problems. However; if you feel you understand setting up connections correctly enough give it a go.

EDIT: You can also make sure to see if you're SSID/Security is correct. This will also cause that error on the 3DS. (Hard to pinpoint problems when it's a 3DS only error)

EDIT: Blizzard is incoming here, going to be slow to respond.

Same error with the dongle too. Strange, because it's a WG111v3 wireless adapter that makes a task like this seem simple. I'm going to try cleaning up my .NET frameworks?

Esmeya

Same error with the dongle too. Strange, because it's a WG111v3 wireless adapter that makes a task like this seem simple. I'm going to try cleaning up my .NET frameworks?
Hmm, are you using the original or the standalone?

If you're using the prior, try using the standalone with connectify to see if that solves your problem seeing as you have a dongle.

Then you set up the connection between your physical (local) connection and the wireless connections wrong. Either enable sharing on the connections or delete your home connection settings and start all over again, if you're too technologically inept don't bother doing the second option, because you might cause more problems. However; if you feel you understand setting up connections correctly enough give it a go.

EDIT: You can also make sure to see if you're SSID/Security is correct. This will also cause that error on the 3DS. (Hard to pinpoint problems when it's a 3DS only error)
Sharing is enabled just fine, all the other connections on my 3DS are removed. I can connect to the internet at any other time with any other connection just fine, this is the only one giving me problems. I can connect to the HOTSPOT, the HOTSPOT shows up just fine when i scan for an access point. I can't connect the HOTSPOT to the INTERNET.

Esmeya

Sharing is enabled just fine, all the other connections on my 3DS are removed. I can connect to the internet at any other time with any other connection just fine, this is the only one giving me problems. I can connect to the HOTSPOT, the HOTSPOT shows up just fine when i scan for an access point. I can't connect the HOTSPOT to the INTERNET.
I didn't say the connections on your 3DS. I meant the connections in your network center.

Honestly, this will sound stupid, but most times that problem is fixed literally just by trying over and over. Other times it is fixed by allowing Instacheck through your firewall and even other times, by simply using the netsh command in CMD. It's hard to troubleshoot that problem, sorry.

You are also welcome to try the standalone version with connectify or emulate another wireless connection through CMD.

I didn't say the connections on your 3DS. I meant the connections in your network center.

Honestly, this will sound stupid, but most times that problem is fixed literally just by trying over and over. Other times it is fixed by allowing Instacheck through your firewall and even other times, by simply using the netsh command in CMD. It's hard to troubleshoot that problem, sorry.

You are also welcome to try the standalone version with connectify or emulate another wireless connection through CMD.
I would really rather not remove the other connections in my network center because of the hassle involved in getting them put back on later. The way things currently stand, I'm not even to the point where Instacheck is the actual issue, I'm struggling with the hotspot. Letting it through the firewall won't help - if anything pops up about it, it's allowed to proceed. Tried using netsh commands, same result - nothing happens. I REALLY want to avoid having to remove the other connections, I'm away from home at the moment and setting them back up when I get back home will be a pain, so if that can be avoided I will avoid it.

Esmeya

I would really rather not remove the other connections in my network center because of the hassle involved in getting them put back on later. The way things currently stand, I'm not even to the point where Instacheck is the actual issue, I'm struggling with the hotspot. Letting it through the firewall won't help - if anything pops up about it, it's allowed to proceed. Tried using netsh commands, same result - nothing happens. I REALLY want to avoid having to remove the other connections, I'm away from home at the moment and setting them back up when I get back home will be a pain, so if that can be avoided I will avoid it.
I guess this option is dust in the wind ... "You are also welcome to try the standalone version with connectify or emulate another wireless connection through CMD."

EDIT: I have to take off. Work soon, I hope your problem gets sorted out.

Last edited:
Neriifur Assuming your Wireless card allows such settings, you can set one up using an elevated Command Prompt:
Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=instacheck key=01234567
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Then connect to it on the 3DS using "instacheck" as the SSID, and "01234567" as the passcode. If everything works then it'll show up on Instacheck as normal.

On another note, any chance of the code for this going public. Would be interested in making a Mac version of this, since Wireless hotspots and packet capture, etc. come with native implementations.
Oh please contact OmegaDonut it would be great to get a mac version out as soon as possible

On another note would someone be willing to check a whole 4 boxes of eggs as I don't have instacheck. I am willing to give a 6 iv ponyta

Hey guys having a issue here i get to the point where me and my friend are ready to start trading and i start the scan before we enter the trade but everytime we hit show a pokemon nothing pops up. I have made sure it is the right network but it still isn't working. It worked correctly the first time i used this but now it doesn't work at all any help would be great.

Hi, i have been trying for a while now, and no matter how many times i try i cannot connect to the internet either on the test or the game, i have been reading the tutorials here, and i have tried both with my wireless adapter and my ethernet adapter, with my wireless adapter not connected to the internet as well as connected to it, everytime is the same i can create the hotspot and even connect to it in the 3DS, but i never get pass the connection test

Connectify works fine. Too bad it doesn't help stats appear on standalone. They're all connected to the hotspot I created with connectify and I did some trade tests to no avail. The irony is that the hotspot I created still reads an error with instacheck hotspot.

Chiefsfan Supposedly you shall start scanning after connecting to the internet.

HERE'S HOW TO FIX THE BUG WHERE YOU CAN'T CONNECT TO ANYTHING BECAUSE THE CONNECTION BOX IS EMPTY.
Would using a USB Wireless Adapter instead of needing WinCap work since I do have Frame Network 3.5 but still can't get the window where u create/name new network to pop up?

Esmeya

Would using a USB Wireless Adapter instead of needing WinCap work since I do have Frame Network 3.5 but still can't get the window where u create/name new network to pop up?
If you read the first page. It says twice WinCap is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)