Ladder Inverse Battle

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Shouldn't we suspect it first? like with other OU bans before, it may be manageable in the Inverse metagame. Ex: Aegislash,Greninja, Landorus-I etc...

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My realization is, if gothitelle is the main reason people are asking for the stag ban, it's unfair to wobbuffet, please include in arguments.

Shouldn't we suspect it first? like with other OU bans before, it may be manageable in the Inverse metagame. Ex: Aegislash,Greninja, Landorus-I etc...
My realization is, if gothitelle is the main reason people are asking for the stag ban, it's unfair to wobbuffet, please include in arguments.
Part of a post WECAMEASROMANS made in the OU suspect thread that directly applies here on how both Gothitelle and Wobbuffet are broken in Inverse (I changed a few things to better reflect the Inverse metagame):

The inherent nature of Shadow Tag is uncompetitive because it eliminates the option of switching for every single Pokemon besides ghosts and other shadow tag users, which thus causes matchup to be the biggest factor in the game, ignoring skill. The comparison to other abilities that prevent switching is totally absurd because other abilities only target a few, select targets. While yes, you could say that Dugtrio, a Pokemon who gets Arena Trap, has the potential to trap literally all grounded Pokemon, you also have to question whether or not Dugtrio can kill/cripple these trapped Pokemon the same way Shadow Tag users can. Dugtrio isn't going to be trapping rougly 95% of what it can trap because its movepool is limited, to the extent where it really only has the capability to trap things that are slower and weak to its main STAB attack, such as Celebi. Magnet Pull, on the other hand, is nearly useless because Steel-types are extremely uncommon in the metagame in the first place.

Compare this with the two premier shadow tag users, and the amount of Pokemon that get trapped, it becomes clear that Shadow Tag is significantly more unhealthy than the previous abilities. First, with Gothitelle, the fact that it has access to trick, means it can permanently cripple any non mega Pokemon. If the trapped Pokemon is a defensive Pokemon, the combination of Shadow Tag and Trick enables it to lock them in one move and PP stall them extremely easily, and once they run out of PP and right before they die to struggle recoil, you can use trick again, then kill them and do the same thing to another defensive Pokemon. For offensive Pokemon, they are still crippled which enables the rest of your team to deal with it much more easily. This is the issue with using stallbreakers vs Gothitelle stall; the goth can just trap and trick your stallbreaker, which suddenly makes it not a stallbreaker anymore, and you have just lost the most essential Pokemon on your team for that game. speaking of stall itself, stall can adapt and play around other stallbreakers. Vs Goth, you literally can't play around it because you can't switch. the ease in which Gothitelle can slowly pick apart your walls one by one makes the goth user have a blatantly unfair advantage vs the opposing stall team and is uncompetitive because there is no counterplay available. Banning shadow tag wouldn't hurt stall, as I see a lot of users theorizing; it would actually help stall since now they don't have to be worried about their walls getting trapped and picked apart.

Idk why some people think that its just Gothitelle who is uncompetitive and completely ignore the trapping capabilities of Wobbuffet which is just as ridiculous. against the vast majority of offensive mons who attack on primarily one side of the attacking spectrum (think Porygon-Z, Lopunny, Raikou, Kyurem), Wobbuffet can easily trap and kill them. The way Gothitelle helps stall can be compared to how Wobbuffet assists offense, in that both shadow tag users pick apart the few key elements that give their team trouble so that their team can have a field day for the rest of the battle. You'd think having a Talonflame/Lopunny/LO Starmie would be enough to combat offense, but if Wobb traps them, you have just lost the most essential Pokemon on your team for that game. Vs defensive stall builds, the ease at which Wobbuffet can trap and weaken your walls with tickle so a pursuit user can finish them off at -6 defense is absurd. Encore + Shadow Tag is just an unfair combination just like how Trick + Shadow Tag is. Do you really think games like these are fair?

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Wanted to bump this to share a set I've been using to break Chanslugg

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
The idea is to come in on Avalugg (it works well with U-turn, eg Raptor). Most people switch into Chansey expecting a special attack, so you SD on the switch, then KO. When they switch Avalugg in to tank the +2 Wood Hammer, you reveal Blizzard and then clean with X offensive mon :]
The speed EVs look counter-intuitive with a hindering nature, but I didn't want to cut into Obama's bulk. They're there to let you outspeed uninvested Chansey before mega-evolving, and uninvested Avalugg after, so that neither gets a chance to attack. Max attack is obvious, and the rest goes into HP for some bulk (you can invest this into SpA if you want)
Calcs:
0 SpA Mega Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Avalugg: 554-654 (140.9 - 166.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (vs physically defensive)
0 SpA Mega Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 338-402 (86 - 102.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (the much rare SpDef set still always gets KO'd after small chip, eg U-turn damage
+2 252+ Atk Mega Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 577-679 (89.8 - 105.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO (75% chance after hail damage, and it will definitely dies if it switches in on SD)

Also has anyone got a good Tangrowth set? I've been meaning to experiment with it but I don't know what I want to run.

Tangrowth set I ran for a bit a long, long time ago.

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Toxic

Yes, it has no STAB. The point of the set is to

-Spread item removal

-Absorb damage generally

-Lure out Avalugg and hit it with Toxic.

Earthquake and Poison Jab are basically just both decently strong attacks that hit various relevant Pokemon reasonably hard, but the main thing is that it... well, it doesn't break Chanslugg so much as create problems for Chanslugg while having general utility, but I've never felt a dire need to have a single Pokemon that can outright break Chanslugg.

You could run Power Whip if you wanted to absolutely, positively murder things, but Tangrowth seems somewhat ill-suited to that role in all honesty, even taking into account how good Grass is and that it has access to Swords Dance. (Point to keep in mind: Quagsire double-resists Grass, and it actually is still meta-relevant, albeit uncommon) Regenerator is its big claim to fame. As such, I didn't focus on damage output. Life Orb could be considered, but it detracts from the damage sponge role.

Assault Vest is, of course, the default Tangrowth item, but then you can't carry Toxic, so eeeh. An Assault Vest Special attacker set could also work -it has a decent movepool, Giga Drain supports it staying alive, and Wring Out is literally unresistable- but I never saw the appeal. (I suppose you could go Specially oriented with Knock Off to bait out Chansey and then remove its Eviolite?)

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Wanted to bump this to share a set I've been using to break Chanslugg

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
The idea is to come in on Avalugg (it works well with U-turn, eg Raptor). Most people switch into Chansey expecting a special attack, so you SD on the switch, then KO. When they switch Avalugg in to tank the +2 Wood Hammer, you reveal Blizzard and then clean with X offensive mon :]
The speed EVs look counter-intuitive with a hindering nature, but I didn't want to cut into Obama's bulk. They're there to let you outspeed uninvested Chansey before mega-evolving, and uninvested Avalugg after, so that neither gets a chance to attack. Max attack is obvious, and the rest goes into HP for some bulk (you can invest this into SpA if you want)
Calcs:
0 SpA Mega Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Avalugg: 554-654 (140.9 - 166.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO (vs physically defensive)
0 SpA Mega Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Avalugg: 338-402 (86 - 102.2%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (the much rare SpDef set still always gets KO'd after small chip, eg U-turn damage
+2 252+ Atk Mega Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 577-679 (89.8 - 105.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO (75% chance after hail damage, and it will definitely dies if it switches in on SD)

Also has anyone got a good Tangrowth set? I've been meaning to experiment with it but I don't know what I want to run.
ive been using this, but with seed bomb over wood hammer mostly for survivability, and its very very good especially at breaking chanslugg. ice and grass are just such amazing typings. and i dont get why hes not used more.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
I'd say Genesect, just for the variety of Attacks it has and the option of being both a Special and Physical Attacker. Even then, it's threatened by so many things.
It's kinda cool, but it has 9 weaknesses (including Normal, Psychic, Poison, Bug and Grass, which are possibly the five best attacking types in the metagame) and struggles to switch in because of that. It also needs a scarf to do anything vs offense (you can run SG I guess but good luck finding setup opportunities). It does have great coverage and Espeed, which is excellent, as well as Explosion to bop Chansey (+1 252+ Atk Genesect Explosion vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 561-660 (87.3 - 102.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock), though you struggle otherwise and can't break P2.

It's kinda cool, but it has 9 weaknesses (including Normal, Psychic, Poison, Bug and Grass, which are possibly the five best attacking types in the metagame) and struggles to switch in because of that. It also needs a scarf to do anything vs offense (you can run SG I guess but good luck finding setup opportunities). It does have great coverage and Espeed, which is excellent, as well as Explosion to bop Chansey (+1 252+ Atk Genesect Explosion vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 561-660 (87.3 - 102.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock), though you struggle otherwise and can't break P2.
I imagine it being decent due to bug being good offensively now too but one resistance is meh.

One of Genesect's main appeals is having one of the strongest U-Turns in the tier. Unfortunately Dark, Psychic, and Grass are all good types in Inverse and resist it, while Steel, Poison, Ghost, Fairy, and Fire are non-existent-to-merely-uncommon, but Flying and Fighting are perfectly relevant and anyway U-Turn is massively buffed compared to Standard just because you don't have to deal with stuff like Skarmory being a staple wall and double resisting it. (Hoopa-Unbound is, in fact, the only Pokemon that doubly resists U-Turn and is strongly relevant to Inverse OU)

As a strong mixed attacker, it can also potentially punch through Chanslugg, giving it relevancy against stall-y teams. Most notably, it has Ice Beam.

It has myriad weaknesses, but if you're using it properly it mostly isn't getting hit, and fortunately Ice Shard, Quick Attack, and Extreme Speed are the only priority moves that actually do increased damage to it -and of course it has its own Extreme Speed to potentially win such duels anyway.

Durant, Lucario, and Sand Excadrill are also passable Steel types, able to outspeed -and outpriority, in Lucario's case- and potentially get in multiple KOs before they go down. Focus Sash Lucario can potentially get up a Swords Dance and sweep the entire enemy team, though it's pretty hard to get the turn of set-up without a Focus Sash, and you'll have to do something about Avalugg first. Excadrill is probably better off with Life Orb and just relying on its raw base power. Durant is basically if you want to do Banded Hustle, which is legitimately pretty terrifying -though again you'll need to do something about Avalugg.

There's other Steel types that can see use, such as Scizor, and oddly enough Jirachi (Spamming Zen Headbutt is obnoxiously effective, and Body Slam is much improved, with priority being Jirachi's main bane. It can even usually beat Avalugg 1v1), but Steel types aren't something you can slap en mass onto your team and expect things to go well. It helps that Steel is only resisted by Fairy, (Essentially unused) Rock, (Uncommon, though key Pokemon are admittedly relevant) and Ice. (Which is a big flaw, mind... but if you've got Ice coverage -which Jirachi, Lucario, and Genesect, among others, all do) As such, it's actually a fairly reliable attacking type.

One of Genesect's main appeals is having one of the strongest U-Turns in the tier. Unfortunately Dark, Psychic, and Grass are all good types in Inverse and resist it, while Steel, Poison, Ghost, Fairy, and Fire are non-existent-to-merely-uncommon, but Flying and Fighting are perfectly relevant and anyway U-Turn is massively buffed compared to Standard just because you don't have to deal with stuff like Skarmory being a staple wall and double resisting it. (Hoopa-Unbound is, in fact, the only Pokemon that doubly resists U-Turn and is strongly relevant to Inverse OU)

As a strong mixed attacker, it can also potentially punch through Chanslugg, giving it relevancy against stall-y teams. Most notably, it has Ice Beam.

It has myriad weaknesses, but if you're using it properly it mostly isn't getting hit, and fortunately Ice Shard, Quick Attack, and Extreme Speed are the only priority moves that actually do increased damage to it -and of course it has its own Extreme Speed to potentially win such duels anyway.

Durant, Lucario, and Sand Excadrill are also passable Steel types, able to outspeed -and outpriority, in Lucario's case- and potentially get in multiple KOs before they go down. Focus Sash Lucario can potentially get up a Swords Dance and sweep the entire enemy team, though it's pretty hard to get the turn of set-up without a Focus Sash, and you'll have to do something about Avalugg first. Excadrill is probably better off with Life Orb and just relying on its raw base power. Durant is basically if you want to do Banded Hustle, which is legitimately pretty terrifying -though again you'll need to do something about Avalugg.

There's other Steel types that can see use, such as Scizor, and oddly enough Jirachi (Spamming Zen Headbutt is obnoxiously effective, and Body Slam is much improved, with priority being Jirachi's main bane. It can even usually beat Avalugg 1v1), but Steel types aren't something you can slap en mass onto your team and expect things to go well. It helps that Steel is only resisted by Fairy, (Essentially unused) Rock, (Uncommon, though key Pokemon are admittedly relevant) and Ice. (Which is a big flaw, mind... but if you've got Ice coverage -which Jirachi, Lucario, and Genesect, among others, all do) As such, it's actually a fairly reliable attacking type.
Kinda like ice in other meta's then?

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
lets not forget dialga...which although is weak to like...every type in the meta, has 150 spc attack, 120 attack, and enough speed to run scarf.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Inverse Threatlist:

Threatlist is going to be seperated into two sections; Defensive and Offensive, as well as a subsection for each pokemon.

Defensive Threats:

: Porygon2 is an amazing defensive pokemon in Inverse Battle, starting off with a great defensive spread of 85/90/95, further bolstered by its usual held item, eviolite. It also has a great defensive type in normal, which is only weak to the very uncommon attacking type of ghost, as well as having a resist to Fighting, a type primarily used to deal with psychic types. Porygon2 also has three great abilties in Trace, Download and Analytic, trace allows it to use the opponent's ability against them, as well as well as make other trace users have a useless ability, at the cost of losing one yourself. Download boosts your one of your offensive stats based on your opponent's lower defense, allowing you to hit extremely hard back, while still taking hits like a truck. Finally, Analytic allows you to hit pokemon that try to switch-in to your attacks, or that outspeed you, to be hit hard by a STAB Tri Attack. Finally, Porygon2 makes such a good defensive threat because of it's access to great defensive moves such as recover, or Thunder Wave/Toxic.

: Avalugg is the premier go-to Physical wall in Inverse, with a Sky-High 187 Defense stat, a good move pool in Recover, Toxic, Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Avalanche, Earthquake and Roar. Now, It's Ice typing is possibly the best defensive typing in the metagame with resistances to Fire, Fighting, Steel and Rock and only one weakness to Ice! However, due to it's one primary weakness, most physical attackers are forced to go mixed to break it. It also has a great ability in sturdy, which allows it to not be OHKOed by any move that would usually OHKO. Another abilty Avalugg has is Ice Body, which allows it to function well in hail, giving it pseudo-leftovers as well as an extra item slot. Finally, Avalugg's last ability is Own Tempo, which prevents confusion, but is completely inferior to it's other abilities.

: Chansey is literally THE best special wall in the metagame! With a sky high 250 HP stat, coupled with a 105 Special Defense stat, further bolstered by an eviolite, Chansey can take most special attacks with ease. It's best ability is Natural Cure, allowing it to remove any annoying status inflictions upon switch out. A usual strategy with chansey is wish passing, and thanks to it's sky high HP stat, it fully recovers most pokemon after receiving chansey's wish! Chansey's worst downside is that it's complete set up bait for anything with 404 HP or higher and substitute, as it's main form of damage is Toxic + Seismic Toss which are completely blocked by that.

: Hippowdon makes a nice physical wall in inverse, with an 108/118/72 spread, as well as having a resist to one of the best types with inverse, grass. It's main ability, Sand Stream allows it to buff down 6% of your non-ground/rock/steel type pokemon's HP, negating leftovers as well as getting Chip damage that can help in KOing the opponent's pokemon. Along with that, Hippowdon also has reliable recover in Slack Off, hazards in Stealth Rock, and roar to phaze your opponent's team.

: Cresselia has one of the "top three" types in inverse, which are Normal, Grass and Psychic. Now, it's pure psychic typing leaves it with a resistance to dark, ghost and bug, but weaknesses to Fighting and Psychic. Now, take this decent offensive/defensive typing and place it on a pokemon with an 120/120/130 defensive spread who gets Calm Mind and Moonlight for healing. It's ability, levitate, gives it an extra immunity to ground type moves, which only stacks onto resistances. Of course, Cresselia is held back by it's poor offensive presence, as well as lack of getting rid of statuses.

Offensive Threats:

: Mega Lopunny is a top tier threat in inverse, with a combination of unresisted STAB Priority, Fighting STAB in High Jump kick to deal with Psychic Types, Reliable normal STAB in Return, all coupled with a 136 attack stat and a 135 Speed stat. Due to M-Lop's insane speed and attack, There are very few pokemon in the metagame that can actually check/counter it.

: Mega Beedrill is an extremely strong pokemon in inverse, keeping it's nuclear U-turn as well as poison jab but gaining better coverage, only being walled by Grass Types. It's got a great ability in Adaptability and a sky high 150 attack stat + an extremely fast 145 Speed stat, allowing it to outspeed up to +1 Base 80 Speed Pokemon. Usually, Mega Beedrill has to pick between Knock Off and Drill Run because it 100% needs to use protect to get a safe Mega Evolution. On one hand, Knock Off takes away eviolites, which make up most of the meta, on the other hand, Drill run provides coverage against Grass types and allows it to get past frailer offensive grass types.

: Meloetta is the single best Stall breaker in the metagame, turning pokemon such as Porygon2 and Chansey into Complete Set Up Bait! With full investment into HP, A set of Subsitute, Calm Mind, Psyshock and Hyper Voice, Meloetta can completely turn the tides on matches. Meloetta's capability of breaking holes in teams is completely insane! 100 HP + 128 Special Attack + 90 speed means you're outspeeding most stall-based pokemons, as well as setting up substitute on most of them. Access to Trick means it can even run random specs/scarf sets to deal with Chansey / Porygon2 even more.

: Porygon-Z is a great wall breaker in the metagame, with Adaptability, Good STAB in Tri Attack, Nasty Plot, Psyshock for Chansey and 135 Special Attack, Porygon-Z makes a great Wall-Breaker in inverse, with the ability to literally 2HKO the strongest of Special Walls at +2.

: Mega Medicham hits extremely hard, having the highest attack stat in the tier, thanks to Pure Power. Most Pokemon can't actually switch-in to Mega Medicham, usually gettings 2hko'd/ohko'd by High Jump Kick, 3hkoed at worst. It also has unblockable dual priority in Fake Out / Bullet Punch, allowing it take down fast, frail pokemon such as Thundurus. It's 100 base speed tier allows it to outspeed a lot of pokemon in the metagame, especially powerful offensive pokemon such as Meloetta, Breloom and Porygon-Z.

e: Looked at lot longer when writing it up...

A small thing in Hippowdon's favor is that, with Steel types going from "nigh-universal" to "essentially unusable garbage", Sand Stream is very reliable chipping damage. Ground and Rock types remain viable, but neither of them jumps up to dominating the meta to fill the void left by Steel types. It's also one of the better Stealth Rock setters in the meta -if the enemy isn't using Avalugg to Rapid Spin out hazards, they're probably using a Defogger, and it's probably a Flying type, making it risky to try to switch into Hippowdon since Earthquake is liable to be super effective. And, of course, it can Whirlwind out enemies, which has plenty of utility.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
To add on what Ghoul King said, Hippo only has 2 weaknesses, to Rock and Poison. This annoyingly means it can't wall Bees, so you need to pair it with either Tangrowth or Avalugg to actually wall most threats, but it has the advantage over both of those of actually being able to handle mixed attackers (Avalugg dies to a stiff special breeze, as most of you know, and while you could run SpDef investment, I've never seen a single player actually DO that, and you still die to most things anyway. Tangrowth needs investment and a Vest to really handle anything special). Its access to Rocks is super super useful, and Sand isn't the most unviable playstyle once Avalugg is removed - Stoutland is fairly strong, and Excadrill has excellent STAB coverage which partly makes up for its abysmal typing. SD MegaChomp handles Chanslugg fairly well.
There's a bunch of other offensive threats which I'd love to discuss once I get some time.

Also can we please get a link to the Inverse VR in the OP? Tagging Eevee General since it's his thread.

Hippowdon is weak to Electric as well. It's actually its most consistently problematic weakness. Poison is rare outside of Mega Beedrill, and Rock is erratic since it's a mediocre attacking type and as a defensive type it has the key flaw of being weak to Normal. In practice the Rock weakness is most relevant to Hippowdon through Stealth Rock. Among other points, Edgequake is no longer all that great a combination -Fire resists both of them, even if Fire is a depressing type in Inverse, and Steel is the only type Ground is resisted by that Rock hits super effectively, so there's just a lack of synergy, reducing the commonness of Rock moves further. (That, and Ground is also a somewhat mediocre attacking type, but at least all three of its super effectives are strongly meta-relevant, so it's merely flawed)

Whereas Electric is a fairly decent attacking type in Inverse (Albeit one of the worst defensive types), hitting Grass, Ground, Dragon, and fellow Electric types, with only Water and Flying resisting it. Hitting Grass right there makes it relevant.

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Since I've had a couple people ask me for sets, and I've seen the general quality of the ladder (stop using Last Resort Ambipom, people), I decided it would be a good idea to showcase some standard (or standard-ish) sets for common Inverse mons. So I made this: it's essentially a dump of sets I've had varying levels of success with (excluding the Tangrowth sets, I'm not sure what those are tbh), so that people have a better idea of stuff to start off with. I'd appreciate it if people could add their own sets to this (it's currently missing a lot of mons because I haven't used them myself), especially for stuff in the A and B ranks - shoot me a message here or on PS.
This list is ordered the same as the VR.

S:

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock

Meloetta @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature (scarf needs timid)
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball / [insert preferred coverage move here]
- Trick / U-Turn

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace / Download
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Tri Attack
- Thunder Wave / Toxic

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Thunder Wave / Toxic
- Foul Play / Psyshock

A:

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body / Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin / Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Roar / Toxic

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin / Earthquake
- Avalanche
- Toxic

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off / Drill Run
- Protect

Breloom @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled / Protect
- Heal Bell / Wish
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Quick Attack / Power-Up Punch
- Toxic / High Jump Kick / Baton Pass

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Timid / Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Trick
- Recover / Psyshock
- Nasty Plot / Agility / [insert coverage move here]

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb / Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Psyshock
- Agility / Recover
- Nasty Plot

Staraptor @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Adamant / Jolly Nature (Jolly is usually preferred)
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack
- Facade / Final Gambit / Toxic
- U-turn

Dragonite @ Lum Berry / Leftovers / Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe OR 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature (Adamant if non-Ice Beam)
- Dragon Dance
- Roost / Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Beam / Dragon Claw
(Ice Beam 2HKOs physically defensive Avalugg)

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Extrasensory
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Extrasensory
- Gunk Shot
- U-Turn / Water Shuriken

(banned)
Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Hyperspace Fury / Nasty Plot
(yes, 3 Dark attacks is viable)

Hoopa-Unbound @ Leftovers
Hasty Nature
- Substitute
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Knock Off / Drain Punch

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam / Psychic / Knock Off
- Trick / Sleep Talk

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard / Stealth Rock

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
- Ice Shard

Alakazam @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Thunder Wave / Energy Ball
- Protect

Cloyster @ Focus Sash / Lum Berry / King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard / Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave / Psychic
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Landorus @ Life Orb
Timid / Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Calm Mind / Rock Polish
- Rock Polish / Knock Off

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Signal Beam
- Volt Switch

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake / Protect

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab / Megahorn / Endeavor
- Baton Pass / Protect
(if Endeavour, move Atk EVs to HP)

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab / Sludge Bomb / Power Whip
- Power Whip / Giga Drain / Rock Slide

Tangrowth @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb / Poison Jab / Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain / Knock Off
- Sleep Powder

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Grass Knot
- U-turn
- Knock Off

B:

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet / Rock Slide

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide / Aqua Jet

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Whirlwind

Reuniclus @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Trick Room

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon / Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Volcarona @ Lum Berry / Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body / Swarm
Modest / Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic / Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain / Fiery Dance / Roost

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Toxic

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake / Toxic

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Signal Beam
- Volt Switch

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick
- Volt Switch

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed / Explosion

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

C:

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder Wave / Volt Switch / Giga Drain / Hidden Power [Ice]

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Ice Body
Jolly Nature
- Return / Double-Edge
- Explosion
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Linoone @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Def / 44 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Return / Thief
- Protect

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
double posting with permission from Eevee General

So, let's address the elephant in the room, Hoopa-Unbound. Recently banned from OU for being, frankly, stupid, it's not currently banned here (I'm glad it wasn't just autobanned, btw, since Inverse changes things hugely compared to regular OU). But it's even better here than it is in standard, because it has nearly perfect coverage with just its STABs. Literally every single mon in the tier is 2HKO'd by this thing's STABs alone, except Giratina and Articuno (both 2HKO'd by Energy Ball). The only mons that resists its STABs are the Gengar line, which is weak to 4 of Hoopa's best coverage moves - Drain Punch/Focus Blast, Signal Beam, Energy Ball and Gunk Shot, and they aren't exactly known for being bulky (uninvested Gengar is also 2HKO'd lol). It also has the cool niche of counterleading Beedrill, since it outspeeds non-mega, and HS Fury breaks Protect and OHKOs.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Dark Pulse/Energy Ball
- Hyperspace Fury/Energy Ball

This is the set I'm currently using (yes, 3 dark moves, I know). The slashes are other options that can be run to beat certain mons if you prefer (Energy Ball is the best coverage move imo based on the calcs below). I know people have found success with Specs too. Scarf fails to outspeed M-Beedrill and is bopped by PJab so I wouldn't recommend it, and Band is easier to wall in general, but those are also viable sets if you want. It can also run sub+lefties, though that's a lot weaker (loses to P2, for example) and the extra coverage is sometimes missed. Finally Nasty Plot can be run, but you don't need to setup to break things.

(nb: a lot of the calcs in this post are against things with 252/252+, just to demonstrate how hard Hoopa-U hits. They probably won't run that spread usually.)
(I didn't bother calc'ing for certain mons, if they were weak to one of its STABs for example)
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Avalugg: 425-500 (107.8 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Avalugg: 376-445 (95.4 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Meloetta: 517-611 (127.9 - 151.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Meloetta: 354-421 (87.6 - 104.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 133-156 (35.5 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Porygon2: 203-239 (54.2 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 107-126 (28.6 - 33.6%) -- 0.3% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Porygon2: 243-289 (64.9 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(P2 is 2HKO'd once it loses its Eviolite)

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Beedrill: 426-503 (157.1 - 185.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (see above for why this matters)

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 273-321 (42.5 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 419-495 (65.2 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 107-127 (33.1 - 39.3%) -- 12.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 220-261 (68.1 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew/Celebi: 468-554 (115.8 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew/Celebi: 416-494 (102.9 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina: 199-235 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Giratina: 177-211 (35.1 - 41.9%) -- 81.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

but
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina: 265-315 (52.6 - 62.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Shaymin: 234-277 (57.9 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Shaymin: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 169-200 (41.8 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tangrowth: 253-300 (62.6 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
or
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 269-317 (66.5 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tangrowth: 403-476 (99.7 - 117.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Manectric: 282-333 (100.3 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO (no, intimidate won't help you)
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Landorus-T: 195-230 (51 - 60.2%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (nor on Lando-T)

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 203-239 (57.6 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gogoat: 312-368 (69.3 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gogoat: 277-328 (61.5 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 265-313 (63 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 208-246 (49.5 - 58.5%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (plus hippow is weak to rocks now)

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Latias: 265-315 (72.8 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Latias: 252-299 (69.2 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus: 361-429 (85.1 - 101.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Reuniclus: 374-445 (88.2 - 104.9%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 265-315 (69.7 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cresselia: 265-315 (59.8 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Cresselia: 283-335 (63.8 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 148-175 (56.7 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (the only thing which resists both STABs)
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Signal Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 660-780 (252.8 - 298.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (if it's running coverage)
(no, eviolite haunter isn't good)

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-(not normal): 146-173 (48 - 56.9%) -- 35.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-C: 161-191 (52.9 - 62.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 208-246 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- 92.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 140-165 (34.6 - 40.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (once lefties are Koff'd, cune can't setup)

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Goodra: 191-226 (49.8 - 59%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Miltank: 211-250 (53.5 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Salamence: 195-230 (49.4 - 58.3%) -- 65.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 251-296 (63.7 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Volcanion: 181-214 (49.7 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Zapdos: 253-300 (66 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Zapdos: 242-285 (63.1 - 74.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Cradily: 216-255 (57.4 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Cradily: 220-261 (58.5 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Dialga: 338-400 (83.6 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 200 Def Articuno: 175-207 (45.5 - 53.9%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 56+ SpD Articuno: 168-199 (43.7 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

takes both STABs, but
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Signal Beam vs. 252 HP / 56+ SpD Articuno: 187-221 (48.6 - 57.5%) -- 49.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
or if it's desperate:
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 56+ SpD Articuno: 224-265 (58.3 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regice: 153-181 (42 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (though it's not doing much back: 0 SpA Regice Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Hoopa Unbound: 78-93 (26 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO)

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rhyperior: 242-285 (55.7 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Regirock: 113-134 (31 - 36.8%) -- 72.8% chance to 3HKO (this is the max damage you can do to it)
Look, a switchin! ... which is still trash in general, and still kinda loses to knock off:
252 SpA Life Orb Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Regirock: 169-200 (46.4 - 54.9%) -- 63.7% chance to 2HKO

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball/Energy Ball/Signal Beam

Example specs set which 2HKOs basically everything as well (it's marginally easier to switch into because it gets locked in, but it's strong enough that your switchin is probably crippled anyway). Shadow Ball is only for mixed/PhysDef P2.

Not going to calc the stuff which is 2HKO'd by LO Psychic/Psyshock/Dark Pulse, for obvious reasons.
252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 160-190 (42.7 - 50.8%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO (96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock)
252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 175-207 (46.7 - 55.3%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO (guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock)

252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 318-375 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO (guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock)

252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Giratina: 229-270 (45.5 - 53.6%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (92.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery)
252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Giratina: 204-241 (40.5 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (5.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers) recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Goodra: 216-255 (56.2 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Volcanion: 204-241 (56 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Volcanion: 196-232 (53.8 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Zapdos: 208-246 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Cradily: 186-219 (49.4 - 58.2%) -- 62.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Articuno: 166-196 (43.2 - 51%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Articuno: 172-204 (44.7 - 53.1%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
(one of the two moves will 2HKO depending on the spread)

252 SpA Choice Specs Hoopa Unbound Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regice: 172-204 (47.2 - 56%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (80.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery)

tl;dr Hoopa-U has two different sets (and some minor variations to these) which both 2HKO the entire metagame, without hazards. It has no safe switchins outside of awful gimmicks. Ban it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)