Landorus-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Bulky Stealth Rock set is fantastic, unlike stuff such as Ferrothorn a Xatu or Espeon is way too afraid to switch in on this offensive powerhouse. Great setup for a bulky offense team.

Defensively, he is basically levitate groudon, factoring intimidate, which is awesome. It is a shame he doesn't get roost, but whatever. He makes a great physical pivot.

EQ
SE
U-turn
Rocks

Im in love with the double dance set. Its possibily his best set since he is meant for either late game sweep or just blowing holes in teams with choice items. The double dance set has just been my personal fav.

Choice Scarf is the one thing, obviously apart from the bulky SR set, he has over standard Landorus. Intimidate is fantastic; switch into Scizor as it U-turns, then you get to outspeed and U-turn out of whatever comes in. It's just a near perfect momentum grabber against Sand teams.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't see why people knock Landorus-T. That base 145 Atk is a monster, and given the proper support he'll knock down actual mountains.

Landorus-T works well (possibly better than Landorus) outside Sand, so that's a good thing.
I'd say Scarf will be the best set for him: it works basically like Flygon, but much better.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
losing sand power means landorus-n outclasses it offensively by a lot. intimidate is kinda cool, but regular landorus hits harder with the only moves you'd actually be using. it outruns a ton of stuff with scarf that landorus-t doesn't. honestly, it's a cool mon, intimidate makes it marginally better than gliscor, but it's not going to be gamebreaking because it's weaker and slower than its original form.

not having to pair it with tar is cool though.

It fits bulky offense very nicely, which its original form doesn't do as well, and Gliscor doesn't exactly have the greatest offense. I'd see Landorus-T using that bulky set quite a lot. Some of my friends and I made teams on our own using it and it turned out great.

I must agree that I quite like the Bulky set for Landorus-T (or Tigerus as I like to say)... between Intimidate, Leftovers, and some HP investment, he can take hits much better than I ever Expected. Not to mention you still are easily able to Volt-Turn with him on slower threats (or things that Jirachi has Para'd in my case lately lol).

The only change I've made to the EQ, Stone Edge, U-Turn, Rocks set is that I invested a little extra into Speed to out pace Defensive/Nasty Plot Celebi (aka Bold/Modest with 36 Spe). So far, it has let me effortlessly push past 2 Celebi after they came in to wall my Volt Switch from Rotom :D

The Spread is:
Adamant
144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe

And if anyone was wondering how much it does...
252 Atk Landorus-T (+Atk) U-turn vs 252 HP/220 Def Celebi (+Def) : 67.33% - 79.21%

Just wanted to throw out that RP Lando-T in the rain is quite useful. Previously I used a Lando-I simply because of the good team synergy it added. Sand force was rarely, if ever, activated. Landorus-T is not completely outclassed by Landorus-I on the offensive end because it offers an enormous amount of power outside of the sand.

tehy

Banned deucer.
losing sand power means landorus-n outclasses it offensively by a lot. intimidate is kinda cool, but regular landorus hits harder with the only moves you'd actually be using. it outruns a ton of stuff with scarf that landorus-t doesn't. honestly, it's a cool mon, intimidate makes it marginally better than gliscor, but it's not going to be gamebreaking because it's weaker and slower than its original form.

not having to pair it with tar is cool though.
After seeing the power of scarf landorus and scarf landorus-T, i have to agree. The main benefit is supposed to be higher attack, and intimidate, but it lacks the higher attack. Meanwhile, normal landorus can do just about everything landorus-t can do, but with great 101 base speed. If you're looking for a scarfer, how about one that can actually revenge-kill common threats, like QD volc, and even arguably DDmence.

Can someone please explain to me WHY i would use landorus-T and not normal landorus?

Oh yeah, and the outside of the sand thing. Most of the games i see, you're in the sand, and it's a great weather to carry with many kick-ass pokemon that both benefit from it and set it up. Having SR on a pokemon like that is nice, but IMO unnecessary-with all the scor-hate, a lot of pokemon randomly carry ice moves, so you almost never have free setup.

As mentioned before, it's got a neat niche as bulky pivot with SR and massive attack, so like a Gliscor with lesser defence and more firepower.

tehy

Banned deucer.
That's such a weak niche, though, i prefer heatran or celebi or even mew.
I mean, the problem is that it does do things that no one else can do, although gliscor come damn close, what with knowing u-turn and SR and all. But, i still think no one needs those things. Also, can we stop discussing double dance? I really feel like landorus does this better, although maybe intimidate forcing things out can help more than outspeeding stuff after an SD, idk. The rain RP thing seemed interesting, although since most rain offense looks to be specially based, not sure if that provides good counterbalance or just allows for physical walling members to have a purpose.

Also, scarf landorus-t is atrocious, people on other servers need to stop using it, STAT.

Outclassed by Landorus? Sorry to break it to you guys, but that is just NOT true. You'll only see the speed tier as "bad" if you keep comparing it to Landorus. In truth, it's an awesome speed tier since you can out-speed base 90s such as Lucario, as well as the Rotom formes. Stop using it as a sand sweeper/counter and use it as an offensive Pokemon like Haxorus.

Outclassed by Landorus? Sorry to break it to you guys, but that is just NOT true. You'll only see the speed tier as "bad" if you keep comparing it to Landorus. In truth, it's an awesome speed tier since you can out-speed base 90s such as Lucario, as well as the Rotom formes. Stop using it as a sand sweeper/counter (lol wut ) and use it as an offensive Pokemon like Haxorus.
Who cares about the base 90's since most run neutral speed natures. BTW Lucario can extremespeed you bypassing that issue. Losing out on Base 101 means you can't revenge the top sweepers in the meta: Salamence and Volcarona. Not to mention losing out on outspeeding ALL dragons in OU (Haxorus and Hydreigon are now faster) and missing out on outspeeding the pixies.

Now a sand sweeper is an offensive pokemon and Landorus doesn't counter things he checks them. Can you please elaborate what an offensive pokemon is that isn't a sweeper? If its a bander, I can see it. However, you need a +atk nature with Lando-T to receive the same power as a Sand Force boosted neutral nature landorus. Maintaining Sand isn't that difficult,

The only thing I can see Wolfrus pulling off is a substitute set better than the original Lando. Beefier substitutes and you can actually run a +atk nature without worrying about speed. CB is good to for having the most powerful explosion in OU now and a stronger U-turn (but the two main moves: EQ and SE are still the same BP). CB Wolfrus can also switch in much more easily than Lando-I which is big plus for something with a Choice Band.

Here is my problem with the new Landorus, the attack just does not make up for the speed, its barely notivable, look, both Landorus vs 4/0 Keldeo for example.

Landorus (normal) earthquake: (53.7 - 63.27%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Landorus-T earthquake: (60.18 - 70.67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Landorus (normal) earthquake in the sand: (69.75 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after weather

So its a good 7% stronger, while in sandstorm, landorus becomes 16% stronger, double the "increased strength." If you want a sweeper, just use Landorus with sand support, its better, not only is it more powerful, but it has more speed to boot.

Unless you really really need a ground type on your rain or sun team, Landorus-T is a much better pivot pokemon because of intimidate.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Landorus (normal) earthquake in the sand: (69.75 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after weather
and

Landorus-T (+Atk) Earthquake: (65.12% - 77.16%)

people are getting caught up on the Atk and failing to realise that the real selling point of the Therian forme is Intimidate:

CB Scizor U-turn vs Landorus = 35.63% - 41.88%
CB Scizor U-turn vs Landorus-T (after Intimidate) = 23.44% - 27.81%

Dragonite Outrage vs Landorus = 82.81% - 97.81%
Dragonite Outrage vs Landorus-T (after Intimidate) = 55.31% - 65.00%

etc etc etc

as well as making Landorus-T's life easier, it's also great utility for the team and can offer a bit more tactical flexibility...sacrificing him to nerf an opposing sweepers attack, combining him with another Intimidate user to form the ever-useful Double-Intimidate tactic, offering a bit of safety on blind double-switches knowing that whatever the opponent sends out will have -1 Atk etc etc etc

Here is my problem with the new Landorus, the attack just does not make up for the speed, its barely notivable, look, both Landorus vs 4/0 Keldeo for example.

So its a good 7% stronger, while in sandstorm, landorus becomes 16% stronger, double the "increased strength." If you want a sweeper, just use Landorus with sand support, its better, not only is it more powerful, but it has more speed to boot.

Unless you really really need a ground type on your rain or sun team, Landorus-T is a much better pivot pokemon because of intimidate.
Not fully true, in my weatherless teams I was using Landorus as a Scarfer Revenge Killer and check for things like Salamence or Volcarona with a +1 Spd boost.

Landorus-T cannot fill this role. Moreover without Scarf could be outspeed by things like Jirachi, Hydreigon, Haxorus or Celebi while Landorus always outspeeds them.

Talking about it, I was thinking a set with Landorus-T as a Scarfer, but not a +1 Spd checker or Revenge Killer.

It could be like this:

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf(obvious)
72 HP / 252 At / 184 Spd
Adamant/Naive

- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- HP Ice/Explosion/Toxic

With this Ev's, Landorus outspeeds base 70 Spd +Spd, and base 80 Spd without a Spd boosting nature Pokes and the whole tier OU, while hitting hard. It loses the ability to outspeed Toxicroak and Lucario Scarf but these pokes are never used with a Scarf.

Explosion, despite the nerf, could hit very hard with its huge attack.

Also, with this set, it can be used against a lot of physical sweepers, Intimidate them and runing away with U-turn.

I consider using him as a Scarf out of this role is wasting him and not to mention using it without a Attack boost, because Landorus-I does it a lot better, Landorus-T cannot outspeed key threats that Landorus-I does.

----

I think the only useful movesets for him are RP, CB, SD, CS, and physical pivot defensive.

Talking about physical pivot defensive, could be very annoying, someone used it against me the other day.

The set was more or less than giggity69 said:

EQ
SR
U-turn
And 4th move that I can't remember. Maybe Toxic, Stone Edge, Protect or HP Fire.

Item Leftovers and he seemed not to have any spd Ev. Maybe 252 HP / 252 Def +Def or like this.

---

About this poke, I don't consider to be broken really. Too slow and RP set suffers to almost priority move, including Ice Shard which now is too common due the other Therian forms and excluding Mach Punch. However it would be more annoying against stall teams with its +2 145 Attack EQ and inmunity to TW, and again, Ground is not a reliable STAB to rely on because those Flyings, Grounds and Air Balloon. I'm going to edit it.. Yes, Stone Edge, but a lot of things can take a +2 non-STAB'ed Stone Miss and phaze it away.
Good, but not broken.

About this poke, I don't consider to be broken really. Too slow and RP set suffers to almost priority move, including Ice Shard which now is too common due the other Therian forms and excluding Mach Punch. However it would be more annoying against stall teams with its +2 145 Attack EQ and inmunity to TW, and again, Ground as an STAB is not the best offensive types, most things resist them, adding non-broken Balloons. Yes, Stone Edge, but a lot of things can take a +2 non-STAB'ed Stone Miss and phaze it away.
Good, but not broken.
lol what?

The Spread is:
Adamant
144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
I've actually been using that myself; mainly to outpace the exact same thing. Although I don't use a Volt-Turn team currently, it's much better than the one in the OP imo.
The Landorus-Ts running HP Ice would very much like to outpace Gliscor and hit it before it tries Substitute (I'm assuming if it actually uses Substitute).
I think this will be the most popular set for it along with Choice Scarf.

I totally agree Crona! However much like others are saying, I believe Landorus-I performs the role of a Scarfer better thanks to his higher Speed. Despite the Priority weakness, I quite like the Rock Polish set also... but even then I think a Bulky Rocks User plays to Landorus-T's strengths the best and gives teams an Offensive option over Gliscor if they so desire.

Here's a idea though:
Would switching to a 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe Spread be worth it? Only reason I mention it is 136 HP EV's gives our buddy Tigerus a magic Leftovers Number (353) while only giving up 2 actual HP Points. I'm rather clueless on how Lefties Numbers work, so no idea if this would be worth it XD.... On the same note however, I don't think an extra 8 Speed EV's will be letting him jump ahead of anything important like 112 let him get past some Celebi variants (Though I could easily be wrong).

Thoughts anyone?

Landy T is really cool IMO, but the way to use it is definitely 4 attacks with life orb or lefties (can run SR over an attack if you absolutely need) or possibly CB if you can predict well enough. Rarely will it pull off a sweep, but its bulk is solid and it's power is absolutely monstrous regardless of weather- CB allows you to, for example, cleanly 2HKO ferrothorn and do over half to defensive Dragonite even through multiscale. U-Turn can also KO Latias and Celebi, which is useful. Not to mention you wreck Gliscor if you choose to run HP Ice (if you can run a neutral nature and 4 EVs you have an almost 100% chance to OHKO max HP variants)

if only he had more speed or sandforce oh wel for what he is i would go with a rock polish set and rely on him late game he seems to be a good late game sweeper imo

I totally agree Crona! However much like others are saying, I believe Landorus-I performs the role of a Scarfer better thanks to his higher Speed. Despite the Priority weakness, I quite like the Rock Polish set also... but even then I think a Bulky Rocks User plays to Landorus-T's strengths the best and gives teams an Offensive option over Gliscor if they so desire.

Here's a idea though:
Would switching to a 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe Spread be worth it? Only reason I mention it is 132 HP EV's gives our buddy Tigerus a magic Leftovers Number (352) while only giving up 3 actual HP Points. I'm rather clueless on how Lefties Numbers work, so no idea if this would be worth it XD.... On the same note however, I don't think an extra 12 Speed EV's will be letting him jump ahead of anything important like 112 let him get past some Celebi variants (Though I could easily be wrong).

Thoughts anyone?
352 is a perfect Leftovers number; some Gliscors take 8 EVs off HP to be at that number. 124 Speed EVs only puts him at a higher position and maybe beat other speed creeping that section. So it could be useful or not. It still beats what it did before, but now it also may beat others (such as Gliscors running a little more Speed to Taunt each other).

352 is not a Leftovers number. Leftovers numbers are "numbers divisible by 16, plus one.". Or, in a formula, x+1 where x is a number divisible by 16. So 353 IS a leftovers number, and 352 is NOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)