Landorus-T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seth Vilo, you are indeed correct. Thanks for pointing that out! I forgot to add the extra 1 x.x... So then the Spread would end up looking like:
136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe giving him 353 total HP.

Thus far I haven't noticed any loss in bulk whatsoever, though we are only talking about 2-3 HP points here, so I must say this Spread has been working quite well. Not having to really worry about speed creeping Celebi, Jirachi, etc is nice though.

After a lot of testing, I've found this set in particular to be really effective.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

I've been using this set on a heavy offense team, stacking hazards early on. Combined with Stealth Rock, or just a couple layers of Spikes, Landorus-T can straight up OHKO a lot of the biggest threats in OU. I've been using this on a team with Magneton, too. Magneton being able to eliminate some of Landorus's counters, primarily Skarmory and other annoying Steel types.

The Speed investment allows Landorus-T to outspeed Scarf Terrakion after a Rock Polish, one of the biggest threats to my team. Max attack to hit stuff hard, while the rest goes into HP. Landorus is a really good pivot especially to common physical mons. Choiced Terrakion and Scizor are Intimidated and in some circumstances, are even used as setup fodder for Landorus.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I have no idea why I'm seeing so many Scarf Landorus-T's running about. Why are we using it when Landorus-I can revenge kill pretty much everything that Landorus-T can and more? Sure, Intimidate is nice (especially for Lucario, I guess), but if you want a revenge killer, why not use the one that can revenge kill more threats? Can Landorus-T outspeed +1 Salamence, or Haxorus, or Volcarona? It's almost as silly as running Magnezone over Magneton as a Scarfer, IMO (I guess at least that Landorus-T can be used out of the sand, but still).

May i suggest a Sub bulk up set... i have used it a few times and it works very well as a late/early game sweeper. For the 2 attacking moves earthquake is obviously no. 1 but the second is really up to you i've tried superpower but that kind of negates the whole point of bulk up but i guess it works in some situations, i like payback it seems to give landorous good coverage, stone edge is obviously always a great option for the quake/edge coverage and then you have the option of u-turn for practicality.

Landorus-T (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: varies with preference
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/U-Turn/Payback/Superpower

Okay, I have no idea why I'm seeing so many Scarf Landorus-T's running about. Why are we using it when Landorus-I can revenge kill pretty much everything that Landorus-T can and more? Sure, Intimidate is nice (especially for Lucario, I guess), but if you want a revenge killer, why not use the one that can revenge kill more threats? Can Landorus-T outspeed +1 Salamence, or Haxorus, or Volcarona? It's almost as silly as running Magnezone over Magneton as a Scarfer, IMO (I guess at least that Landorus-T can be used out of the sand, but still).
imo Landorus-T is a much better Scarfer for non-Sand teams if you already have other checks for DD Haxorus, Salamence, and Volcarona. Intimidate is a really flexible tool, especially when paired with a fast U-turn.

Ive been using a slightly different Rock Polish variant, that is plausible on Landorus-T

Landorus-T (M) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 36 HP/220 Atk/252 Spd
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rest

Standard Rock Polish setup, with bulkier EVs, and a source of Recovery

If you're really going to use Rest, I would suggest Chesto if you plan on waking up from it. The opponent is likely to burn you or inflict some other status which will get rid of your Lum before you can Rest.

Speaking of, why even use Rest? By the time they inflict status you've already got +2 and likely hit them hard.

well i've been trying out this set for a while and works like hell. i'm not claiming this as mine since i've seen someone else use this set and besides i don't think anybody can really claim a set? anyway here it is:

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 whatever
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
~ Substitute
~ Swords Dance / Rock Polish
~ Earthquake
~ Smack Down / Stone Edge

intro: somebody posted a similar set but it's sub rock polish

overview:

landorus-t is very much similar to landorus-i but is bulkier(with intimidate), has higher attack stat, and works outside sand support. it does have its disadvantages. one is its base 91 speed. although unique and outspeeding base 90s and below, it's just not enough for a sweeper and one more thing is landorus-t doesn't get a priority like lucario's extremespeed or bullet punch. but like any other pokemon, play landorus-t to his strengths and i'll guarantee you a physical attacker that can even dent groudon, giratina and other grounded physical walls.

moves and evs:

so let's go to the evs first. as every standard sweeper: max attack and max speed. landorus-t's unique speed tier allows it to outspeed base 90s which makes it somehow unstoppable by lucario. sub is for blocking status, sponging weak attacks, scouting switch ins, and for a free swords dance/rock polish. swords dance is mainly abusing landorus-t's gigantic base 145 attack. anyone here who has used SD haxorus knows what i am talking about. earthquake is mandatory to all landorus sets and is the most powerful move on the set. smack down, although gimmicky, is the only reliable way for landorus-t to get rid of things like skarmory, bronzong and rotom-w. it is weak, yes, but this landorus is meant for breaking down physical walls opening sweeps for other pokemon like terrakion, conkeldurr, and lucario. if you want a sweeping set, go for rock polish + stone edge since the power of smack down is meh without swords dance.

other options:

well there aren't a lot of options for this set. you can replace the last move to whatever you want to counter. hp ice is the best replacement for you to reliably take on gliscor and to hit dragons who are 4x weak harder than smack down or stone edge. hp fire is a way of getting rid of skarmory and the rare bronzong but other than those mentioned, hp fire can just hit grass types who resist earthquake. you can also replace the boosting move with the hp of choice since most pokemon in the whole ou tier are 2hkoed by earthquake and stone edge.

checks and counters:

well as mentioned above, skarmory is a good check to this set with whirlwind taking barely anything from any move but hp fire. to those who don't choose hp ice, gliscor is a hard counter since it'll most likely carry ice fang and will take a scratch from any of the moves landorus has to offer. if running an adamant nature, rotom-w can outspeed and burn landorus-t with will-o-wisp or just threaten with stab hydro pump.

team buddies:

well preferably the best partner is magnezone. with magnet pull and high special attack, magnezone can get rid of skarmory easily with stab thunderbolt and gliscor with 4x super effective hp ice. magnezone also happens to resist landorus-t's main enemy, ice types. any pokemon who can set up entry hazards is greatly appreciated. jirachi can set up stealth rock and can pass wishes to landorus-t while also having a good synergy with him. as for offensive partners, i would suggest latios and/or mixape. latios can get rid of rotom-w and gliscor with draco meteor and skarmory with hp fire while in turn, landorus-t can remove threats like tyranitar, scizor and the pink blobs easily with stab earthquake. mixape can totally strike fear into anything it sees and things like gliscor? eat hp ice. skarmory? roast it with a fire move. the only down side with pairing landorus-t with infernape is that they both have weakness to water and latios will share ice type weakness.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
After laddering to first on Pokemon Online V2 with a Focus Sash varient wielding Earthquake, Superpower, Hidden Power [Ice] and Stealth Rock, I am convinced that its very presense teases all kinds of scenarios worth thinking about.

I kept the EVs simple with maximum 252 Atk and 252 Speed, and a Naive nature to ensure I can at least tie with the likes utility Leftovers + Sub + 3 attacks.

I just had to try this set after finding a similar, yet more offensive version of a suicide lead in Terrakion. I wanted to use U-turn but Land-t's power catches your attention early on, and Intimidate relieves some pressure off our team when defending against physical attacks.

Focus Sash is essentially so I can survive Water/Ice-type attacks and guarantee Stealth Rock is at least set on the field befoe fainting. I ran ScarfTar on the team I choose to use this lead, which is what makes Earthquake a nice last resort to hit Politoed so I can send in Tyranitar and Pursuit onwards.

Now I know he might not be the best to be using a sleep talk set, but I tried this set just as a joke to see how it would work and especially in the sand it works amazing and good out of sand also. I picked stone edge over a Stab EQ due to you dont wanna get trapped in a situation where Pokemon are immune to it, with so many levitate and flying types, tho if your not worried about that its still a viable opton. Bulk up being its best boosting move for the sleep talk set. My ev spread I did was for hp giving it more hp bulk, s.def since you are not boosting that one so you might aw well boost it with ev, and the last 4 in defence.
Landorus-T@leftovers
Impish Nature
Intimadate
252hp/252s.def/4def
Rest
sleeptalk
Stone edge/Earthquake
Bulk up

I actually think landorus-t works better in ubers because of the plethora of base 90's. he also has a great ability to take on top tier threat like Ho-oh and he can soften up the physical powerhouses' blows with intimidate. scarfed also works nicely outspeeding zekrom and reshiram and kyogre scared. anyway i will add the sub SD set to the OP.

After playing on the PS! server I realized that I wanted a more bulky Defensorus set:

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I suppose you could say that this set plays a bit like Gliscor, but with a higher attack stat.

EVs: 252 HP investment for a higher all around bulkiness. The 200 defense EVs are the amount needed to insure a 3HKO from banded Terrakion's stone edge (factoring in intimidate). The rest of the EVs are given to Special defense for the extra bulk. (Alternately you can put the EVs into speed to out speed uninvented Landorus-T). A Bold nature is given although I can't remember how necessary it is.

Moves: Stealth Rocks is such a great move, and the switches Landorus-T causes gives a ton of opportunities to set them up. Earthquake is the main STAB, and even his uninvented attack hits 326 making him relatively dangerous thing to switch into. U-turn is fantastic for gaining momentum of course! Hidden Power [Ice] is a weird choice I know. It allows 2HKO on quite a few specific things(Breloom, Dragonite(if multiscale is isn't broken), and Gliscor to name the most specific). I just find that ice coverage is more helpful in this meta then rock.

So that is the set. It has some flaws although I really enjoy using it as a counter to specific threats. I suppose it is really a niche set meant for some teams, but not others.

I haven't really seen many Landorus-T around. Does anyone think that it will end up being BL in October when the tiers get moved around again?

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I actually find Landorus-T to be quite useful on my main team. I think the key to using it well is having a strong defensive core that can not only take special attacks for it (think Ferrothorn, Blissey, Latias, etc.) but is also able to easily take on physical attackers after Intimidate's effects. For example, a Dragon Dance Dragonite gets put in a really awkward spot if Lando-T comes in directly. Intimidate nullifies the Attack boost from DD and it's forced to try and boost again and risk being KOed by Stone Edge or to use Outrage and have a Steel type come in to wall it off. There are obviously other examples, but I feel as if that's the easiest one I can make based off of experience.

I haven't really seen many Landorus-T around. Does anyone think that it will end up being BL in October when the tiers get moved around again?
No, definitely not. It's one of the best revenge scarfers: it can put an easy end to haxorus sweeps, and that's saying something. It simply isn't bad enough to be put along the rank of BL; it'd be like putting infernape and rotom-w to BL; i havent seen any but they are important in their roles so they will stay.

Loaded up a Gravity team and gave this thing a shot. Its fair to say that Rock Polish Landorus-T is very, very threatening with hazards up (which are all the more devastating with Gravity up) and that after going 4-1 out of the first 5 games I played, it was an exceptionally strong late game sweeper. Intimidate was nice for being able to set up on shit like Ferrothorn, as well as just switching it in, lowing some things attack, switching back out etc etc.
I agree with this. It has enough attack to devistate some pokemon so slap a life orb on it and it's near perfect!

Do people not run Hidden power Ice on this guy??? or with its new BW2 moves it doesn't need to?
Gliscor isn't nearly as common as it was in BW1.

People are also "testing" all the options on landorus I find, such as stealth rock, substitute, and rock polish, of these honestly the only one that is decent is rocks.

xenu

Banned deucer.
I've had moderate success running a bulky variant of the standard Landorus-T set, usually with leftovers or with chesto (for chestorest recovery), alongside a baton passing mew armed with Swords Dance and Rock Polish. I've found that it fills the role of physical sweeper a lot better than Landorus-I, especially on non-sand teams, provided you can set up correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)