League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

ive already lost three matches in ranked because of people hard feeding the other team (lol how does shen get fed) despite me and my adc having like 5 to 10 kills, complete vision control on the bottom side including dragon, and a turret advantage. as soon as we hit midgame we're too squishy to fight a champ that is 5 levels ahead of us so we become useless for a while.

guess im hitting silver again despite losing 7 placements like last season LOL fuck ranked

but holy fuck windspeakers blessing + ardent censer + locket + karma RE is fucking strong. fuck thunderlord i can pull out infinite shields at 45% cdr in teamfights late game and give my team constant magic resist boosts and on hit magic damage along with big ass shields.

Last edited:
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/jQmE1EjE-mid-year-mage-update

Let's talk about mages.

I would argue that at least four of the mages up for significant changes (Malz, Velkoz, Vlad and Zyra) have significantly different niches and probably need smaller tweaks in comparison to what Riot is throwing up (I would also argue Velkoz fits those three categories Riot mentioned just fine and doesn't need changing at all, just buffs if he wants to see play).

Also not sure how visuals are supposed to affect how a champ plays but something like AP Sion never really bothered me.

4-6 in placements, dropped exactly a tier compared to preseason, to Silver 3. Can already say that playing support down here is complete aids because of all the shitters picking Vayne when I'm playing an aggressive support. I'm probably going to have lots and lots of fun in the coming weeks (not).

Last edited:
http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/jQmE1EjE-mid-year-mage-update

Let's talk about mages.

I would argue that at least four of the mages up for significant changes (Malz, Velkoz, Vlad and Zyra) have significantly different niches and probably need smaller tweaks in comparison to what Riot is throwing up (I would also argue Velkoz fits those three categories Riot mentioned just fine and doesn't need changing at all, just buffs if he wants to see play).

Also not sure how visuals are supposed to affect how a champ plays but something like AP Sion never really bothered me.
Malz and Vlad are fairly one dimensional but given that someone in power at Riot thought Mordekaiser and Skarner were good ideas I fear what a reworked Vladimir is going to look like.

Let's talk about mages.

Zyra's desperately in need of a kit tweak. Currently her plants feel like a very minor part of her kit, despite every single one of her abilities having some interaction with it. Zyra's in game uses primarily stem from her aoe lockdown rather than her plants. The fact that they also require you to w before using an ability to create the plant feels really wonky.

I've been having some success with Amumu jungle. Despite his ult getting nerfed last week (now affected by Tenacity), he's still able to turn teamfights around. He's tanky and has percent health damage which is nice for a tank. There's nothing more fun than Malphite Ult + Amumu Ult while Miss Fortune Ults three or more people, especially with all the Thunderlords raining hell.

I've been playing Ranked as Mid / Jungle and can consistently get fed and carry against Bronze players.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Zyra's desperately in need of a kit tweak. Currently her plants feel like a very minor part of her kit, despite every single one of her abilities having some interaction with it. Zyra's in game uses primarily stem from her aoe lockdown rather than her plants. The fact that they also require you to w before using an ability to create the plant feels really wonky.
i feel like zyra had a really solid niche as a support, but in the gap in which i stopped playing im assuming that support morgana and the oppressive nature it currently has over bot lane picks has shoved zyra really hard out of the bot lane. Instead of addressing whats holding her back as a competitive support pick im assuming riot will try to push zyra back into mid because of 'muh champion fantasy' that they're always raving on about,

Or maybe I just hate how black shield has warped support picks in general :'(

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
yo i'm (kind of) a zyra enthusiast (she was my 5th most played champ last season w/ 72 games) and while I agree that her kit has some huge flaws that stop her from being worth picking in a competitive environment, such as zero mobility and next to zero utility when behind (at least when compared to picks like janna and alistar that are still guaranteed to put in work even if feeding), she's still perfectly fine as a solo q stomper.

for starters, frost queen's claim (even with the 6.2 nerfs) is stronger than it ever was last season, and that's an item zyra benefits from like crazy for obvious reasons (and also because her core build is expensive like hell in comparison to other support picks that usually only need boots + sightstone and maybe fqc to put in work).

also (i could be wrong here though), her bot lane match ups against common supports are looking quite neat right now. it's true that you get blown up by shit like lucian/graves, but who doesn't. zyra's strength from an utility standpoint is the ability to zone adcs when their supports go for an all in (which should happen a lot with poppy/alistar's popularity), using her root + w combo and ultimate if it's available. against weaker lanes that have no all in potential you can just poke dudes with q+w and some auto attacks in between (note: DON'T TRY THIS AGAINST SORAKA LOL). a cool zyra mechanic that every aspiring zyra player should practice (tfw no sandbag) is using her plants to block crucial skillshots such as ez's q or thresh's grab, as that really helps snowballing lanes (imagine a thresh going for a lvl2 all in and blowing his most important cooldown on a plant. you can proceed to snowball the lane w/ the 10 sec window that gives you). anyway, the coolest part of support zyra is that she fucking hurts after she gets fqc + haunting guise and if she ever gets to 2/3 completed damage items it's nearly impossible to lose. just drop an ult between the opposing backline/frontline along with some plants, i swear to god solo q players (even in diamond+) just suck at teamfighting against a zyra that doesn't fall behind.

re: zyra vs morg: if you're not confident in dodging her q run MS quints. max your own q until level 6 and poke her with that + plants while dodging her skillshot. if she saves her spellshield for your root it won't be as bad because that's not your main method of winning the lane, but if she blows spellshield in a dumb way feel free to drop an offensive root if you know the enemy jungler isn't near (note: offensive roots usually suck. it's too slow for that, so you usually just use as counter engage/disengage tool)

note: i'm kinda ignoring the fact that some adcs are beyond retarded right now because that also benefits zyra. both graves and lucian are probably nasty w/ zyra, and ezreal is easy to beat if you're competent due to the way his damage works (just don't be a retard and stay in bush to eat some skillshots unless you're confident in your plant mechanics). also, idk what to expect of zyra's rework. they'll probably make plants less oppressive unless they're used in tandem with her ult while giving her a fancy tool. for example, a neat new passive would be bonus movement speed while walking towards her plants

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

good lineup but I already have better skins for four of these; Sandstorm Ekko isn't looking too bad though

Meh, after I found out there were no Legacy skins and therefore I wasn't getting Lollipoppy I got less hype. Will probably pick up Ghost Bride Morgana and Okteoberfest Gragas, those skins are cool. Had Buccaneer Trist for 50% during Snowdown so no, I don't want this skin Riot. In fact I don't want any Tristana skins because I barely play her anymore and I already have DT. I also already have the one good Nidalee skin and I don't play Singed at all. Also have all the 3 good Lux skins. FeelsBadMan

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

not abd considering getting the riven skin at least, but i have better skins for every single champ

project lucian, heartseeker ashe, aviator irelia, foxfire ahri / popstahri, dragonblade riven, primetime draven

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Zyra can poke from 5000 miles away with auto-targetted bullshit and has one of the best counter-engage kits in the game. You don't need mobility when you never need to be within 10 Teemos of anyone.

Personal Shop is kinda ass: Resistance Caitlyn again, Deep Shit Kog... all I got is -70% Arclight Vayne which I don't really like and thanks to the wonders of mystery gifting, I already have Heartseeker anyway. Not that I'm one for spending $$$ but you're not even trying to entice me, rito.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)