Lie, Cheat, and Steal Mafia Thieves Win

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
The-Me Can you explain how you were persuaded to betray, like how could a persuade possibly target both you and the person you're partnered with... If you can't explain that I'm inclined to believe you're mafia and came up with a poor excuse to betray

As of right now I'm pretty confident that Ditto is mafia, considering everything that went down.

We know that one of the two mayors have to be mafia, and I'm strongly leaning towards it being Walrein after seeing how weird the Ditto lynch was and that Ace claimed AFTER walrein had already "cleaned" himself. If he was mafia, don't you think that he would come up with a different fake after learning that the village already has a confirmed mayor? Especially with how he's essentially guaranteed to get called out with someone like aska leading

Given the history of mafia on smogon, I would expect that those players that there would be one of the players that are generally considered "the best" on each mafia team. Those falling into the category of the upper tier that are in this game are Yeti, aska, Lightwolf, Acklow, B_T and IPL. Considering that Yeti subbed for Macle, going to take a wild guess and say she's not the locked top tier player. Considering that IPL is dead and confirmed liar I'm also going to take a wild guess and say that he's not the mafia top player. Considering that aska has put himself in a pretty prominent spot with a role that is almost certainly in the village and easy to be counterclaimed, going to guess he's village. Meaning that more than likely, 2 of Lightwolf/Acklow/Blue_Tornado are mafia. While yes I am name targeting, it's educated name targeting. When was the last time you can remember a 2v1 mafia game where each of the mafias didnt have a top level player on them? (outside of a beginners game ofc)

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Regarding me VS. Ace, something's been irking me, and I finally figured out what it is.

askaninjask said:
1) He has claimed to be a triple-vote mayor whose power only activates when there are fewer than 5 players left.
In essence, this makes Ace our backup mayor. Our lategame voting power. Thinking on it, it seems entirely feasible that he could be telling the truth. It still doesn't explain shrewz's extreme buddying, but it seems like the most likely scenario IMO.

Ditto, as others have said, is almost certainly scum due to such lovely maneuvers as fucking up my proving of my role D1 and getting IPL killed D2. Barring something absurdly good happening tonight, I'm thinking he should be our lynch target tomorrow.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
In response to kok saying I'm top tier:
How the fuck am I top tier. List how many games I have played and legitimately won (like 2 or 3 out of what, 10?). I am really really bad at mafia (especially playing AS mafia) and I would say I'm much better as a host or making games. I've said this way too many times. People consider me top tier when in fact I'm probably an intermediate player as opposed to your "expert" player.

In any event I agree that each team will have someone capable who knows what their doing, so I will not discount that theory. I dislike name targetting since it puts people who are vets into dumb situations. Consider dle, fate, and moi. All decent players who each were village.

I however do want to say that you should not be underestimating the greenhorns either :o

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
I dunno man, all I have to go off of is what my Role PM says, and my role PM is pretty clear.

Dear Walrein,
You are Petyr Baelish.
“You know what I learnt losing that duel? I learnt that I'll never win. Not that way. That's their game, their rules. I'm not going to fight them: I'm going to fuck them. That's what I know, that's what I am, and only by admitting what we are can we get what we want.”

Mayor
During the lynch, your vote counts as two votes. When you have 9 points, <snipping for now>.

You are allied with the Liars. You win if all opposing factions are eliminated.
(the above isn't new information hence why i feel comfortable posting it)

I'd be perfectly willing to try to prove myself again tomorrow.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I don't think you should. Every time we tie a lynch or attempted to tie one (or test roles) we either give the mafia a numbers advantage or we end up losing a villager. I'd rather that we have an info role target you or Ditto or Ace.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Curious as to why Walrein is missing the space in his PM between pic and quote. CP error or shoddy fake? You decide.
It doesn't have the newline because he c/p'ed it raw instead of quoting von and pasting it. I've mentioned that like a few pages back when kok or someone posted theirs idrmb who it was. No one will make such an obvious mistake .-.

Regarding me VS. Ace, something's been irking me, and I finally figured out what it is.

In essence, this makes Ace our backup mayor. Our lategame voting power. Thinking on it, it seems entirely feasible that he could be telling the truth. It still doesn't explain shrewz's extreme buddying, but it seems like the most likely scenario IMO.

Ditto, as others have said, is almost certainly scum due to such lovely maneuvers as fucking up my proving of my role D1 and getting IPL killed D2. Barring something absurdly good happening tonight, I'm thinking he should be our lynch target tomorrow.
I didn't buddy Ace because I wanted to. I merely felt that Ditto is more scummy than Ace is, and most / all of you agree with me on that. In fact, aska was the first one besides me / LW to swing his vote to Laurel then to Ditto and everyone else followed suit so :0 I defended Ace because I felt that was the right thing to do at the time and people did end up voting Ditto because they were convinced by LW's reasoning too so ya.

The-Me Can you explain how you were persuaded to betray, like how could a persuade possibly target both you and the person you're partnered with... If you can't explain that I'm inclined to believe you're mafia and came up with a poor excuse to betray

As of right now I'm pretty confident that Ditto is mafia, considering everything that went down.

We know that one of the two mayors have to be mafia, and I'm strongly leaning towards it being Walrein after seeing how weird the Ditto lynch was and that Ace claimed AFTER walrein had already "cleaned" himself. If he was mafia, don't you think that he would come up with a different fake after learning that the village already has a confirmed mayor? Especially with how he's essentially guaranteed to get called out with someone like aska leading

Given the history of mafia on smogon, I would expect that those players that there would be one of the players that are generally considered "the best" on each mafia team. Those falling into the category of the upper tier that are in this game are Yeti, aska, Lightwolf, Acklow, B_T and IPL. Considering that Yeti subbed for Macle, going to take a wild guess and say she's not the locked top tier player. Considering that IPL is dead and confirmed liar I'm also going to take a wild guess and say that he's not the mafia top player. Considering that aska has put himself in a pretty prominent spot with a role that is almost certainly in the village and easy to be counterclaimed, going to guess he's village. Meaning that more than likely, 2 of Lightwolf/Acklow/Blue_Tornado are mafia. While yes I am name targeting, it's educated name targeting. When was the last time you can remember a 2v1 mafia game where each of the mafias didnt have a top level player on them? (outside of a beginners game ofc)
I'm guessing that you only need to persuade one user and the partner will also be persuaded as well. Otherwise the persuasion for AB phase is really impossible to use lol. That's assuming such a role exist but I'm willing to bet there is. In which case, I think it's safe to assume from now there will only be 1 betray max in ab phase.

"We know that one of the two mayors have to be mafia" Why is this the case? This is an assumption on your part that there can only be 1 mayor in the village. It's possible to have >1 of the same role. I already explained to aska why. You can ask him about it if you want to. But I do agree that Walrein has a higher chance of being mafia with reasons you stated. I don't like name targeting just like that because it's unreliable but w/e. If you guys actually support that then I'm clearly villager since I have 0 experience in village v mafia games lol. I HAD TO ask in the chan how do I even know if I'm village or mafia. I didn't even know mafia gets a list of their own teammates so ya I do look like I lean towards village right ?_? ofc I can be lying but what are the chances of someone new lying about that hours after the game starts and not knowing what to do lol.

In other news, I disagree with anyone with an info role targeting Ace / Walrein. If I were mafia I'd get a watcher if they have to watch both or at least one of them which could possibly mean catching the info role user straight off the bat too. I mean we could, but I always prefer taking the safer route. Anddddddddd we're lynching Ditto next right?

Andddddddddddd aska by pushing the village leader thing to Celever, you're only making yourself more suspicious than you already are ._. You shouldn't be mad that Celever is holding back claims from you and then just push everything to him. It just looks as if you're taking the target off yourself and putting it on Celever's back instead. No one here is entirely clean either and if you're village, would it be of the best interest to just push it to someone else who may or may not have more info than you just like that? No? You could potentially be pointing village to a mafia here if you're doing it out of rage or w/e and you're only making village more confused than organized right now. This is what Ditto mentions by anarchy and you might be intentionally or unintentionally causing it by making yourself untrustable. How do you explain to the people who have claimed to you already if you just step down just like that then?

Celever

the bear becomes the ringleader
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Ok I'm glad that even walrein has decided that there can be two mayors in this place with severely different uses, as that is obviously what is going on here.

About my suddenly coming public: we'll, Aska posted in the thread. I had two options, I could either backpedal and say "AHAHAHAHAHA good joke" or I could actually come out and get the few more claims I need for a full spread. I do prefer talking on Irc than here though, so I'll be getting on there in a while.

Sands, Aska didn't step down, he was just salty.

Damn, spend a day or two away from computer and I have a bunch of text to read. Catching up a bit...

I received this message from von at the beginning of the last AB phase: "You were persuaded to vote for Betray. Your AB Room will Betray regardless of what your group member wishes." After that I was busy IRL and couldn't even discuss with FireMage on IRC. I've said this like a few times already, I hope this will be the last. In other words, no I do not know if it's a role action or von's trolling and yes I it does affect both me and my AB partner, because the room betrays whether or not my AB partner wants to.

Also, I'm fine with Celever leading the next lynch.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Maybe kok sent you a fake result with his role very early in the AB game and hoped you'd not go against it DUNDUNDUNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

LightWolf the Actually Stupid This Time

Celever

Wait a second, something just struck me in von's post:

"It will be a feat for the village to survive tonight."

Shit... this means that basically, if the 3 kills will come along, which, with the 4 already dead, will bring the total number of players DOWN to 16, the village will have:
A) 8 of those players, a tie vote.
B) 10 of those players, majority.

HOWEVER, with our vig dead, we literally are goners...

Yeti

dark saturday
In other news, I disagree with anyone with an info role targeting Ace / Walrein. If I were mafia I'd get a watcher if they have to watch both or at least one of them which could possibly mean catching the info role user straight off the bat too. I mean we could, but I always prefer taking the safer route. Anddddddddd we're lynching Ditto next right?
This implies one of the two mafia teams were given a watcher. They must have some form of info role. Watcher is significantly more powerful on a mafia than tracker, so I would imagine they have a way to determine the other mafia's identity so they don't crossfire and one might have a tracker. If there's a watcher role itg it's on the village. It benefits the village a lot more than the mafia in a setup like this. Tracker requires more skill to find key roles with than watcher which is why the mafia would have one instead of a watcher.
Ditto is not necessarily the next lynch because that lets everyone else idling/acting suspicious to get off without defending themselves for the next day, as does the leader system people keep trying to force on this game. He is a strong target, but if any info roles get CONFIRMED results on Ace/Walrein being mafia we can go for them first, or if any other interesting news comes to light.

I encourage people to not fall into this retarded I'M THE VILLAGE LEADER CLAIM TO ME AND FOLLOW MY LEAD garbage, this game should be treated as a NOC during the day. People are being given get out of jail free cards by aska right now by not having to actively participate at the risk of being lynched, something shrewz is helping with by promoting the Ditto lynch. Of course aska's defense is that he and kok and maybe Celever don't have claims so those people are suspicious but I see no info role having come forward to confirm aska is a Liar so blatant following of him is stupid.
Stop trying to force a leader onto this game and make everyone participate so we can scumhunt on our own. I can't hold an opinion about half the players because they're getting shuffled under the rug with this dumb leading crap. If Celever/aska continue pulling attention to themselves I think everyone should watch them very carefully as they may be trying to cover for inactive teammates. It's pretty shady to totally derail any motivation to actively participate and defend one's self before the rest of the game by funneling all claims to a couple people.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Yeah, we have info roles though. And even among those of you who don't have info roles, many of you have provable roles, which is the next best thing.

We can get a lot more "cleaning" done by being organized than by targeting randomly.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Addendum for the AB game:

If you are at 1 point AND your partner has 1 point, then you should betray. (in order to protect against the force-betrayer)

If you are facing such a group, then you may betray if you wish (or you may ally if you feel they need the points more than you).

Otherwise, ally.

Does this sound good? If so I'll tag everyone so they all know to follow this.

Celever

Well, what are the chances that in a game where 3 people are on 1 point, and anywhere from 2-3 of them are likely to die tonight, would that come into play?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The third AB game has finished, and the dream has finally hopponed (nope)! (Almost) Everybunny allied. Aww, and it almost seemed like a few wouldn't too (and one did). Oh well. Might I just interject a bit? @cowardmafia, am I right? And they didn't even know how poorly they had done the previous night. Only Not-Me died.

Dear The-Me,
You are Booster Gold.

“Do you know why I came back to the past? It wasn’t to fight for justice. It was to get rich, be famous. I was a failure in the future, just like I am here. I’m not a superhero.”

Decoy
At night, you may PM vonFiedler with “Night X - Decoy USER”. All actions targeting USER will target you instead. When you have 9 points, you may not be hurt while doing this.

You are allied with the Liars. You win if all opposing factions are eliminated.

The village may still be behind, but with this new sense of AB unity they finally have the chance to gain some ground. Lettuce see how long that lasts.

It is now Day 3. Deadline is in 48 hours.

Have a nice truce!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)