Life is now complete (DBZ)

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dragon Ball Z has probably been one of the most influential and brilliant pieces of my life, and I'm sure a lot of guys reading this right now probably agree that even too a much lighter extent, DBZ is just really cool.

Just recently, however, even after two decades of Dragon Ball Z STILL pumping out good material, they unsheathed a lot of secrets... yep all these years later and they're still doing it.

The legendary Super Saiyan has been revealed, and my god Bardock is such a beast. I was a little late on this, mostly due to it not being in the U.S yet and I know there is a lot of other people still now just getting caught up, but here is some videos and Highlights for you too watch and maybe post your thoughs on. Enjoy! (I don't really care for DBZ's japanese voice acting btw)

The Super Saiyan of legend:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zmbn8U3BAY

Super Saiyan Bardock vs Lord Chilled
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL3ZmtlnSNQ&feature=endscreen&NR=1

The Episode of Bardock full length and English subbed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW9HG50DFxA

Some extra info
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Original_Super_Saiyan
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Bardock

Damn this shit is hot, I never use to really like Bardock man but with that SS Swag he just demand srespect haha. safe for linking this stuff zeph!

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah he's a beast. I wish they'd have an english version because I think the voicecast for that was really bad and pretty annoying.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what is chilleds relation with frieza, etc? is he king colds father or something?

awesome thread

what is chilleds relation with frieza, etc? is he king colds father or something?

awesome thread
Probably a distant ancestor. The last Super Saiyan to appear was on the original Saiyan planet over 1000 years ago, and was very primitive/couldn't control his power which lead to the demise of the original Saiyan homeworld.

Bardock fought Chilled before that happened, since Chilled and his men had no idea what a Saiyan was. There was also no Saiyans on the planet, so that is evidence that the original homeworld of the Saiyans wasn't destroyed yet.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Toriyama made a little like five chapter manga of this a while back. I didn't watch the video but I DID read the manga and I actually enjoyed it a lot. Why couldn't Toriyama have written GT too...

The only real complaint I have is, how did Bardock travel so far back in time by accident? Canoncally Freezer killed him when he blew up Vegeta (the planet). If they explain in the video could someone please relay it here to me?

The only real complaint I have is, how did Bardock travel so far back in time by accident? Canoncally Freezer killed him when he blew up Vegeta (the planet).
From what I read, instead of dying, he got knocked back in time.

i did not know about this! also something fun i found recently was a manga spin-off that happens after dbz, written and drawn by fans. at first i wasn't sure how good it would be, but i started reading and it's pretty entertaining. the main story is a fight between alternate universes, so there's stuff like... a vegito who never really got separated back into vegeta and goku, a namek that absorved the entire population of the planet and is super buff. it's still going, check it out.

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/chapters.html

Meh
So Bardock was the legendary super saiyajin all along? (not gonna ask how he traveled back in time because Kaio-sama's planet exist so, everything is possible in the DB universe)
Why didn't Chiller transformed?
And why all their attacks were that...small?, they looked like generic ki blasts :/, they could have made an epic battle between the two, and all we got was another massacre by a saiyan (just like the last ova)
I didn't care about this special when it came up, and now that I have watched it my final thoughts are 'meh, ok, why not, it exists, doesn't really affect the original story that much'

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is awesome!! Also thanks Doomsday for posting those comics, give me something to do with my new broken elbow haha :)

Zephyr

Life Stream
you niggas so late to the party i was showin bloo this weeks ago
Yeah I've only known for 1-2 weeks, but everytime it was brought up no one knew about it so I figured I would make it DBZ week on smogon since it was obvious this flew under the radar for a shit ton of DBZ fans.

wow..the last i watched dbz was probably 10 years ago. this brought me back to my old animaniac days.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
dub dbz > japanese dbz for sure.

Now what I really want is Dragon Ball Kai with the English voice actors and a script that's loyal to the actual content of the series.

Better still, a new Dragon Ball Kai (in Japanese) with voice actors chosen based on similarity to the superior sound of the English dub. lol

Zephyr

Life Stream
Yeah which is kinda weird, because Japanese is usually pretty superior when it comes to voice acting, but it's like complete opposite with DBZ for Jap/america

EVERYONE!! RAISE YOUR HANDS TO THE SKY!!!!

*everyone does so*

Goku spends 6-8 episodes collecting that energy to create a sphere the size of a small moon.

He misses from a distance of about 300 feet

*facepalm*

I love DBZ!!! Universal Buu!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)