List of Released Dream World Pokemon Mark II

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
k, so added the porygon pic, may as well do these event mons while were at it. I notice a pic of the Mamoswine promotion (which I also added) but I'd rather have a pic of mamoswine as you encounter it on Dream World. Same for porygon but that'll do for now. So if anyone has pics of these or knows if they were posted in the old thread and wants to get them that would be great.

EDIT: they can be from any event whether it's the Japanese, European, international doesn't matter (of course the Pokemon had to have been legally released for that area).

Man, I wish they would release technician breloom already. wanted to try it and see if can be as good as scizor. Only a couple differences scizor has more bulk and roost, breloom has spore and is a lot more frail but Mach punch will hit a lot more things for neutral and super effective damage than bullet punch.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I don't know if anyone else noticed this or not, but I was playing the candle minigame and made no selections for a couple of seconds, and I noticed that the game gives you a hint by telling you which candles to blow out if you wait long enough. I did some brief testing and I found that if you do what it says, you always win (though it will need way more testing to see if it is actually true).

If it's true, it might be helpful for those who find it hard to win each set. However, you do end up with a low score because you aren't doing anything for a few seconds every time it's your move (I scored like 25000-30000 using this method and I normally can score 40000+ if I just do my own thing). I guess it would be like choosing to listen hard for the pokemon's cry in the searching minigame.

Didn't find anything good today. The only female I found was a Misdreavus :/

I don't know if anyone else noticed this or not, but I was playing the candle minigame and made no selections for a couple of seconds, and I noticed that the game gives you a hint by telling you which candles to blow out if you wait long enough. I did some brief testing and I found that if you do what it says, you always win (though it will need way more testing to see if it is actually true).

If it's true, it might be helpful for those who find it hard to win each set. However, you do end up with a low score because you aren't doing anything for a few seconds every time it's your move (I scored like 25000-30000 using this method and I normally can score 40000+ if I just do my own thing). I guess it would be like choosing to listen hard for the pokemon's cry in the searching minigame.

Didn't find anything good today. The only female I found was a Misdreavus :/
Is there ever a reason NOT to listen hard? The alternative is checking each square individually and then either waiting for shakes or clicking all the clickable areas.

I mean I guess theoretically you could get a near-perfect score otherwise but it's so minuscule a chance...

Is there ever a reason NOT to listen hard? The alternative is checking each square individually and then either waiting for shakes or clicking all the clickable areas.
The Pokémon is always on a 3x3 area (more or less) around the berry.

atsync

This.

The best strategy for the searching game is to just fly through all the squares until you find the sparkling tile. When you find the item (and pick it up obviously) the pokemon will always be within 2 tiles of the item (in either direction of the item).

There is some luck involved. Sometimes you'll find the item straight away and sometimes it'll be in the last tile you check. Also, the item may be in an inconvenient position. There have been times where it's in the middle of an intersection, so I have more possibilities in regards to which tile has the pokemon. However, I've usually been able to get high scores consistently using this method.

Using the listen function is a waste of points because your time goes down while you listen, lowering your final score. This is the point I was trying to make when comparing it to the hints in the candle game. Sure it makes it 'easier' to win but you will be penalised as a result.

EDIT: Ok so I did some more testing with the candle game today and it seems following the hints DOESN'T NECESSARILY GUARANTEE A WIN. It seems to depend on the situation. From my experiences, if you follow the hints right from the start of the game, you will probably win (not sure about certainly - need to test more). However, in one game where I started hitting random candles and then started following the hints partway through, I ended up losing. I guess even the hints can't get you out of an "impossible" situation.

Another thing I noticed that was odd was that the hint doesn't seem to appear during the first turn of the first game. Not sure if it was just a problem with my laptop or if it is meant to do that (or if it is an actual glitch) but I did think it was silly nonetheless.

I almost always find the Pokemon before even seeing the berry (and I usually wind up going through the vast majority of the mape).

...and pretty sure there's been more than a few times where they weren't near the berry (DISTINCTLY remember at least one time where the berry and Pokemon were on opposite sides of the map)

I've never once had an instance where the pokémon wasn't two spaces away from the berry. Also, I never click any shaking bushes/clouds/whatever until after I get the berry. Usually I just move, clickspam the center of the game where the berry would be, and if I don't get anything after a few clicks (To make sure it loaded) I move again. Worked every time.

atsync

Yeah I can only speak for myself but the pokemon has ALWAYS been near the berry, which is also what Smogon's online guide says.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
It's Ubers vs OU right now

Regenerator/Multiscale
VS
Water Absorb

Gameboy Color throw-down? Hell yes!

Venusaur can kind of piss off since knowing GF it'll be male AGAIN.
and lolTelepathy4thGenLegends! Ubers AND Multi-Battles? You are the 1%.

It's going to be funny if Pikachu, the gen 3 crew, or BW wins

edit: as an aside the JP polls' top 10 had Pikachu at #4 & Rayquaza at 8.

edit 2: btw, from serebii forums
Is this new poll really going to take place at the PGL? I looked at the article on pokemon.co.jp and it seems to indicate that the voting process will be an on-location thing. Basically, you would need to visit a participating store in Japan and fill out a paper ballot. The eventual distribution of the Pokemon that gets the most votes also appears to be an on-location event.

atsync

My money's on Reshiram or Zekrom winning...

Yeah I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for this as it'll just lead to disappointment.

Is this new poll really going to take place at the PGL? I looked at the article on pokemon.co.jp and it seems to indicate that the voting process will be an on-location thing. Basically, you would need to visit a participating store in Japan and fill out a paper ballot. The eventual distribution of the Pokemon that gets the most votes also appears to be an on-location event.
Well if that's true then that would mean that they might not even have a hidden ability, which makes this even more pointless. Serebii's main site never says specifically that it has anything to do with the dream world nor hidden abilities but the bulbapaedia article kinda implies that it does (by discussing which possible pokemon have hidden abilities).

Guess I'll wait for more info...

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
It's going to be funny if Pikachu, the gen 3 crew, or BW wins

edit: as an aside the JP polls' top 10 had Pikachu at #4 & Rayquaza at 8.
Japan's had a Pikachu event already and the original poll started before BW was even released in Japan iirc. No one even knew what abilities Pokemon had at the start.

Considering how the Global Link made competitive battling a normal thing, most people probably won't vote for Pokemon they can't use on Wifi. Hopefully.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Calling it now. Flash fire entei is going to win this poll and 2nd place will be kyogre.

not exactly sold on Water Absorb Suicune considering that you lose Sleep Talk, meaning that you can't CroCune, arguably one of Suicune's best sets...

Regen Ho-oh and Multi Lugia will be interesting though... If they get it, their ubers rankings are bound to rise up into the top 10, since both will be serious bitches to beat.

OOOOOH BOY HERE WE GO unless R_N is right.

And that article says we may vote for Reshiram/Zekrom...?
Well I was curious so I tracked down the webpage: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokemonvote2011/?a001=news

And from Chrome's haphazard translation (surely we have enough people here more fluent in it to confirm?)...
For gifts of Pokemon

Present time
February 10, 2012 Friday, February 27, 2012 (Monday) will be
Present Place
Voting boxes installed as a service
Bring necessary
Nintendo DS fully charged series (you'll receive either a Nintendo 3DS/DSi LL / DSi / DS Lite / DS)
· Japanese version of "Pokemon Black and White" DS one card
Precautions to receive
※ Receiving Pokemon only once in one software.
Soft data and the like can be modified to receive ※.
※ This Pokemon, GTS (Global Trade Station) in that you can not leave
So it looks like you download it directly via Wondercard?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Voting method

The voting box is installed in each store, いただきます to vote only in the voting.
※ voting card has been installed with the box.
※ Because of the limited number voting card, some stores even exit polls in the period. Please be forewarned.

Installation box store poll

※ Excluding some stores across the country each shop games toy department Pokemon Center
(A detailed list of stores, will be available in early November click here)
Voting takes place in stores only & you pick-up the Pokemon via Wireless Download. So we have no say in the matter at all and the Pokemon could have a preset nature.

They should at the very least slap Surf on that Pikachu we're inevitably going to get since every 10 year-old, even without owning the games, can walk in & vote.

Voting takes place in stores only & you pick-up the Pokemon via Wireless Download. So we have no say in the matter at all and the Pokemon could have a preset nature.

They should at the very least slap Surf on that Pikachu we're inevitably going to get since every 10 year-old, even without owning the games, can walk in & vote.
Knowing Trollfreak, they are going to give it Adamant or something.

Looks like Charizard or Pikachu is going to win, considering that ANYONE who watches the anime only would probably only remember those two(and not even zard if they didn't watch the originals). >.>

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't like to be pessimistic, but we will not get Ho-Oh or Lugia. I'm certain of it. We haven't received ANYTHING from these polls so far...

GF should have some kind of instructional guideline sign at the voting events that explains the merits of voting for stuff that has a DW ability instead of just voting for Pikachu because it's cute, or they can't decide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)