Little Cup Creationism

Status
Not open for further replies.
lapras
Lapras -- Lochlas
Water / Ice -- Water Absorb | Thick Fat (haha ebin) ; Hydration
Stat Spread: 80 HP / 55 Atk / 40 Def / 55 SpA / 55 SpD / 30 Spe

Lochlas would definitely be an interesting Pokemon in the current metagame. Lochlas can run several possible sets, including a Dragon Dance set, a plain bulky attacker utilizing moves like Freeze Dry and Hydro Pump, possibly even a Scarf set. Lochlas' low speed really hinders it as most Fighting-types can check it, and things like Ferroseed would wall it, not to mention that a Dragon Dance set would get hard walled by Grass-types, unless you run Ice Shard, which wouldn't do much without a crap ton of boosts anyway. Thick Fat is a sensible change because as a young Pokemon, Lochlas would need to gain some weight to withstand icy waters.

#nodoubleposts

reservin ditto

Last edited:
The Avalanches --- Very good submission. Approved
Omastar42 --- I do like this set, and I do love the art, but could you possibly tone the HP down a bit? With an excellent typing and absurd bulk, it has to be lower.
inscribe --- Interesting choice. Approved
Melons-N-Soda --- This is a WIP, but I'm liking it so far. Please consider lowering its Special Defense and Speed, however.
Flying Types Rule --- This is an incredibly broken stat spread, especially with Solid Rock. Please minus like... 20... or something, from all of them because @_@. I'd like its Speed to be incredibly slow please.
@ajerejcic --- Very original. Approved
inscribe --- I like this idea. Approved
Kopaka --- Skarmory is currently not a Pokemon that is available.
inscribe --- Loving that Lochlas monster! Great job on your submissions, man! Approved

n_n.

Aaron's Aron

A concussion update in my info tab
What issue? Kavatika is getting it, sorry mang. He posted before you PMed me.
He actually didn't. It wasn't even particularly close... by any amount whatsoever... Lol. It's fine though, he can just do it. I'll take... umm... Emolga? Yeah, Emolga.

Emolga --> I dunno
Electric / Flying <---> Abilities: Static / Motor Drive (Hidden Ability)
50 HP / 65 Atk / 55 Def / 25 SpA / 55 SpD / 83 Spe

This spread gives Baby Emolga solid defensive stats, making it a solid support Pokemon. It also has a decent enough offensive presence if need be with high base Speed and Attack. Its support abilities are also heightened by its access to Nuzzle, Roost, and Tailwind, making for some vast support options. Also Motor Drive to totally troll Chinchous. It also gets U-turn, Volt Switch, and Baton Pass, if you're into that kind of thing. And did I mention Taunt and Pursuit? Also, to top it all off, Baby Emolga has access to Knock Off.

Last edited:

Aaron's Aron

Seviper ---> I dunno
Poison <---> Abilities: Anger Point (new addition) / Shed Skin / Infiltrator (Hidden Ability)
43 HP / 80 Atk / 35 Def / 80 SpA / 40 SpD / 83 Spe

Baby Seviper functions as a glass cannon. With low defenses, not many hits can be taken. However, if you risk taking a critical hit and survive, its Attack will be boosted to the max level. With Baby Seviper's Speed and Attack there is surely no way to survive. Shed Skin can also be used of Baby seviper has a nasty status ailment like Burn or Paralysis. Infiltrator is another ability of use, allowing it to bypass Substitutes that might block a sweep. It has a great arsenal offensively, getting access to many types of moves, including but not limited to Giga Drain, Flamethrower, Aqua Tail, Poison Jab, Sucker Punch, Knock Off, and Earthquake. It also gets some moves in the support department, including Dragon Tail and Switcheroo. Baby Seviper is a very strong threat that must be accounted for, but the player must play smart or else Baby Seviper will be knocked out before it ever had a chance to unleash its damage.

The Speed increase is because Baby Seviper is smaller, so it is quicker and more agile. With a base 83 Speed, Baby Seviper hits 19 Speed.

Last edited:
Basculin --- Minnornry (minnow + ornery)
Water --- Adaptability / Mold Breaker
Stat spread: 45 / 77 / 55 / 40 / 45 / 78 (BST 340)
Move reductions: Superpower

I feel like Minnornry would function like sort of a mix between Carvanha and Corphish, and add another hard hitting water type threat to the tier. I actually reduced the stats from Basculin's original stats quite considerably, 120 BST in total, and yet I still feel like Minornry would immediately become a top threat in the tier hitting 18 speed with a boosting nature as well as having access to Adaptability boosted priority (which might be a bit too good, but I'm unsure if it actually will be) That said, it can still be checked by the bulkier mons of the tier, mainly grass types, but also mons like Chinchou, and Snubull.

Last edited:
Kecleon ---> Geckid (Gecko + Kid)
Normal ---- Abilities: Color Change / Protean (Hidden)
Stats: 40 HP / 65 Atk / 45 Def / 30 SpA / 70 SpD / 20 Spe (270 BST)
Move reductions: Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch

This would likely be like a better Froakie, but could actually hold its own in the tier better. It could become a formidable bulky attacker with Eviolite, and could Knock Off foes' Eviolites (and Berry Juice) to cripple them. It has usable recovery in Recover/Drain Punch too! It could likely be checked by multiple things due to low speed (and no more priority mindgames, as now Fake Out is the only priority that it has). Overall, I could see this cementing itself as a good offensive threat, around A to A-.

Aaron's Aron

Could I possibly reserve Heracross? If not then how about Spiritomb? Carnivine...? Come on son. -_-

Fine I will take Carbink... even though you totally wrote Diancie next to it lol.

Last edited:
Zangoose - Zankit
Normal type -- Toxic Boost | Immunity
Stat Spread: 48 HP / 65 Atk / 40 Def / 40 SpA / 40 SpD / 65 Spe (298 BST)
Move reductions: Swords Dance, Close Combat, Focus Blast, Solarbeam

Zangoose would make an interesting normal type in an LC version. Despites it's low defenses, recovery and versatility, it has the ability Toxic Boost, which can make his attack raise up to virtually 24 attack, while achieving the good speed tier of 17. Additionally, what would make zangoose really shine in the meta would be it's beautiful coverage, with Brick Break, Knock Off, Pursuit, Taunt, Quick Attack, hone claws, disable and elemental punches. It could function as a check to multiple pokemon in the tier with quick attack, and zangoose would be one of the few normal types that could make mienfoo think twice before risking a speed tie and potentially ruining the switch.

P.S.: Oups, i just noticed this was already reserved. I'll reserve Aron then

Last edited:
Kangaskhan --- Kangascub
Normal --- Early Bird / Scrappy / Inner Focus
Stat Spread: 75 / 75 / 50 / 10 / 50 / 50 (310 BST)
Move Reductions: Outrage, Earthquake

I sort of imagine this pre-evo to be the baby inside Kangaskhan's pouch. Kangakhan's name is a portmanteau of "kangaroo" and "Genghis Khan," so I tried to keep an essence of that in the pre-evo's name, and I came up with "Kangascub." I may change the spelling later, as it looks somewhat awkward, but it should be fine. I kept the typing and abilities the same, as I didn't see much flavor or competitive reason to do so. For the stat spread, I took 30 points off of each stat, which is what was done for Pawniard -> Bisharp. I felt it was too weak and too fast after that, so I dropped 10 speed and gave it 10 more Attack to adjust that. I didn't have much of an idea for Movepool reductions, but I just took out stuff I felt wouldn't make a lot of sense for a baby, considering that baby is known to jump out and fight in battle.

Aron
Steel/Ground -- Abilities: Sturdy, Rock Head, Filter
Stat Spread: 55 HP / 75 Atk / 80 Def / 30 SpA / 45 SpD / 20 Spe (305 BST)
Move reductions: Superpower, Dragon Rush, Roar, Toxic, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Ancient Power, Rock Polish
Move additions: Brick Break, Pain Split, Rapid Spin, Thunder Wave

With a much better distribution of stats (besides lower BST) and a much needed retyping, aron becomes a really bulky steel offensive type, but could also work as a rapid spinner or stealth rock setter, being able to use Filter to further reduce damage recieved and not be threatened to be 1hko by a fighting or ground type after SR. I believe this aron would be more akin to the actual mega aggron, sharing more of the same characteristics, specially, less physical frailty like 4x weaknesses. It's Rock Head ability loses STAB on head smash, but with better defensive typing, aron has better opportunity to explore Rock Head sets. Filter also comes as an useful addition to replace Heavy Metal, with the possibility to further explore aron defensive capabilities, that with the addition of pain split and thunder wave, could have a much needed recovery (althought not completelly reliable), and a much needed way to cripple switching in opponents with paralize.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)