Little Cup Creationism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magby -- Magby
Fire / Fighting -- Flame Body ; Vital Spirit
Stat Spread: 45 HP / 85 Atk / 37 Def / 70 SpA / 55 SpD / 83 Spe

Magby is a very average Pokemon in the tier. Normally used in tandem with Belly Drum, making Magby Fire / Fighting would allow it to efficiently run a Life Orb, or possibly a Scarf set (although it is already very fast). A set could be Cross Chop / Flare Blitz / Thunder Punch / Will-O-Wisp. A Fighting STAB would allow Magby to beat a decent chunk of the metagame, making it more of a threat than before. I also added a little bit more attack, so Magby can truly shine. However, I wouldn't mind leaving it at 75 if 85 is too high.

unfixable , is there a reason Tropius isn't listed? If not, can I reserve it?
Seriously, I reserved magby in the same page. This is just another reason to add a cap, because apparently people need incentive to post constructively.

Magby

Fire / Fairy -- Flame Body ; Vital Spirit
Stat Spread: 55 HP / 50 Atk / 52 Def / 70 SpA / 35 SpD / 83 Spe

Moveset additions: Dazzling Gleam, Morning Sun

Moveset deletions: Belly Drum

Better defensive mon than Ponyta imo. Actually checks Fighting types, Pawn, Spritz (sorta), ect while removing that cancerous niche move Belly Drum. Fire/Fairy has great coverage together. Plus, babies ought to be Fairies.

Edit: Is adding moves for existing mons legal? The text there is a little ambiguous, and reason would say yes.

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Throh --- Broh
Fighting --- Guts / Anticipation / Mold Breaker
Stat spread: 80 HP / 60 Atk / 55 Def / 20 SpA / 55 SpD / 35 Spe
Move reductions: N/A

Justification:

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
:O

lmao i'm the worst. I'll redo a mon and take numel
To do the Numel I actually reserved (sorry kava i did the same thing):

Numel
Fire/Ground | Oblivious/Simple/Sheer Force
New Spread: 67 HP / 60 Atk / 45 Def / 60 SpA / 45 SpD / 35 Spe (BST 312)
No Moveset Changes

Here we see the mini-Megarupt make its way onto the LC scene. Sheer Force obviously makes Numel much more difficult to beat, as its two main special STABs, Fire Blast and Earth Power, receive the boost. As such, I reduced Numel's Special Attack so that full investment and a plus nature can only get it to 16 SpA, not 17. I buffed its HP to that of Cranidos and equated its Defense to its Special Defense.

Being very powerful and yet very slow, I see Sheer Numel functioning similarly to Skrelp; namely, a slow, tankish hard hitter. It can also set Rocks, which can be helpful to any team. Numel is still very exploitable, as its 4x Water weakness is devastatingly tough to work around (though I can see Passho Berry being a cool lure).

numel / 10 imo

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Except people get likes for their submissions instead of one user getting lots of likes.
And the goal of this project is to be unorganized and arbitrary? All you're doing is taking a a Pokemon, bumping some of its stats down, and removing some of its moves. There's no discussion, no metagame, just a way for people to finally make baby versions of their favorite evolved Pokemon and buff "meh" LC Pokemon with the only purpose of satisfying an outlined goal. This is just going to be people posting until there are no more Pokemon to post about and there's not metagame being built because there's no true justifications as to why all of these changes will mesh well together and create a more fun metagame.

I'm sooooo sorry that the way that Quote and I are approaching the theorymon thread results in us gaining likes, but it's an effective system that allows us to easily decipher which theorymon wins without cluttering a thread aimed at discussion. I can have some 3rd party post the nominations which will inevitably slow down the entire process, but anything to please you Nineage!

I've discussed the future of this project with unfixable and the current state of it, but he's adamant that it's not the same as the Theorymon Project when it comes to the LC Pokemon which isn't the case. I'll happily discuss these "submissions" with you via pm, but they aren't submissions as much as they are arbitrary posts to justify one's creativity.

tl;dr fuck off let me shitpost

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And the goal of this project is to be unorganized and arbitrary? All you're doing is taking a a Pokemon, bumping some of its stats down, and removing some of its moves. There's no discussion, no metagame, just a way for people to finally make baby versions of their favorite evolved Pokemon and buff "meh" LC Pokemon with the only purpose of satisfying an outlined goal. This is just going to be people posting until there are no more Pokemon to post about and there's not metagame being built because there's no true justifications as to why all of these changes will mesh well together and create a more fun metagame.

I'm sooooo sorry that the way that Quote and I are approaching the theorymon thread results in us gaining likes, but it's an effective system that allows us to easily decipher which theorymon wins without cluttering a thread aimed at discussion. I can have some 3rd party post the nominations which will inevitably slow down the entire process, but anything to please you Nineage!

I've discussed the future of this project with unfixable and the current state of it, but he's adamant that it's not the same as the Theorymon Project when it comes to the LC Pokemon which isn't the case. I'll happily discuss these "submissions" with you via pm, but they aren't submissions as much as they are arbitrary posts to justify one's creativity.

tl;dr fuck off let me shitpost
Actually there is a metagame.
LC creationism can be played on sparkserver. Have fun.

As Nineage mentioned above, the metagame is now playable on sparkserver.psim.us. Pokemon will be modified and added as they are approved.

Playing with the custom pre-evolutions may be done by selecting their base form in teambuilder. For example, if someone wanted to use Stryke in a battle, they would select Sawk in teambuilder. Sawk will appear as normal in teambuilder, but Stryke's name, stats, and other unique traits will be used in battle. Therefore, it is necessary to EV these Pokemon as if they had the stats of their pre-evolutions.

audino

Audino -- Medique (medicine + acoustique [audio in french])
Normal / Fairy -- Healer | Regenerator ; Klutz
Stat Spread: 90 HP / 20 Atk / 60 Def / 55 SpA / 55 SpD / 15 Spe

Medique would be a great Pokemon in the current metagame. Medique would provide stall with a big boon, as a Regenerator user and wish passer. Medique would be very healthy in the metagame because of its average defense stats, but its above average HP allows it to excel at passing wishes. It wouldn't outclass every Fairy-type ever either, because Medique's typing doesn't allow it to reliably beat Fighting-types, so after some prior damage and after being knocked off, Medique is susceptible to being beat by Fighting-types. However, it's cool to note, that with Medique's decent SpA stat, you can pull off a fairly decent Calm Mind set / 4 attacks set.
I would like to point out that there is only one Pokemon in the entire series that just flat-out loses a typing on evolution: Bellossom. Medique being Normal/Fairy causes Audino to be another exception to this pattern, since Audino is pure Normal.

I'm capping Rotom off because it's a debatable Pokemon in all aspects. On one hand it has legendary-like qualities to it, on the other hand it's not technically a legendary. I still want it to be an unreservable Pokemon for now because it's just simpler to do and I feel like Rotom is going to become super broken really easily.
The only thing Legendary about it is the battle music. Even the fact that it's an event battle is sort of irrelevant -event battles against non-Legendaries are unusual, but not actually unheard of.

Why are babies being called "mini-deities" in the OP, anyway?

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
Grass type | Sap Sipper, Harvest
New Spread: 76 HP / 60 Atk / 65 Def / 48 SpA / 55 SpD / 25 Spe (BST 329)
Moveset Deletions: None atm

Explanation: Chespin is an underestimated Pokémon with a lot of potential. It has access to a wide movepool, and all rounded stats. Its new ability Sap Sipper, which boosts its special attack by 1 stage when it is hit by grass type attacks, has a lot of potential, by being able to shrug off grass attacks for your team. Or it could choose to have the hidden ability Harvest, to gain an unlimited supply of oran berries and be a wall. However, it is still incredibly slow, and cannot function as well when the sun goes down. It also has a whopping 5 weaknesses, including fire, poison and flying types.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Chespin
Grass/Fairy | Leaf Guard, Bulletproof
New Spread: 66 HP / 60 Atk / 65 Def / 48 SpA / 55 SpD / 25 Spe (BST 319)
Moveset Additions: Play Rough, Moonlight, Stun Spore
Moveset Deletions: None atm

Explanation: Chespin is an underestimated Pokémon with a lot of potential. It has access to a wide movepool, all rounded stats, and an immunity to dragon types. Along with Leech Seed, Bulk Up, and Spikes, it gets the new moves Moonlight and Stun Spore, and gets a new STAB attack with Play Rough. Its new ability Leaf Guard, which prevents status moves from affecting it in sunlight, makes it a valuable partner in sun teams. However, it is still incredibly slow, and cannot function as well when the sun goes down. It also has a glaring 4x weakness to poison type attacks, and major weaknesses to flying and fire type attacks, two major offensive types.
You can only remove moves, not add them.

Lapras (Water/Ice) -> Laprunt (Water/Ice)
Stats: 90/70/55/70/80/45 (BST: 410)
Abilities: Water Absorb/Shell Armor/Hydration (HA)
Moveset deletions: Sheer Cold, Confuse Ray, Giga Impact, Aqua Tail, Iron Tail

Laprunt will probably run a lot like it does in standard. It can run a bulky DD set or a perish trapping set with Whirlpool, Perish Song, Rest and Rain Dance with its solid 90/55/80 bulk, eviolite and hydration. Alternatively, it can run a choice set or a mixed attack set since it gets STAB water/freeze-dry coverage and STAB ice shard to work with.

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lapras (Water/Ice) -> Laprunt (Water/Ice)
Stats: 90/70/55/70/80/45 (BST: 410)
Abilities: Water Absorb/Shell Armor/Hydration (HA)
Moveset deletions: Sheer Cold, Confuse Ray, Giga Impact, Aqua Tail, Iron Tail

Laprunt will probably run a lot like it does in standard. It can run a bulky DD set or a perish trapping set with Whirlpool, Perish Song, Rest and Rain Dance with its solid 90/55/80 bulk, eviolite and hydration. Alternatively, it can run a choice set or a mixed attack set since it gets STAB water/freeze-dry coverage and STAB ice shard to work with.
Sorry but someone already did lapras

Sorry but someone already did lapras
Oh. I didn't realise the OP was outdated. In that case...

Wynaut (Psychic/Fairy)
Stats: 110/3/48/3/48/63
Abilities: Shadow Tag
Moveset deletions: None

There really aren't many ways to buff Wynaut considering that it needs its ability to be viable and you can't give moves here. I believe Wynaut deserves some sort of boost to compensate for its lack of recovery so that's why I'm posting this.

Reduced attack makes confusion even more redundant. Fairy typing allows Wynaut to not get shredded by knock-off and u-turn spam and makes more sense than other secondary typings. The speed makes destiny bond viable.

Last edited:
Ditto<-Dumon(Dummy+Monster)
Normal, Limber/Imposter(HA)
25s across the boards.
Explanation... needed?

Throh<-Taws(Toss)
Fighting Inner Focus/Guts/Sturdy(HA)
90/75/60/25/60/5
Wide Guard and Endure are removed.
Lol. Maybe increase the speed by 20, but you get it.

Wynaut <- Wutevar(Whatever.)
Psychic, Shadow Tag/Telepathy(HA)
70/11/33/11/33/11

Rotom->Notsip(Piston, the pinnacle of a Motor)
Electric/Ghost, Levitate
30/30/55/70/55/70

Do these seem good?

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Ditto<-Dumon(Dummy+Monster)
Normal, Limber/Imposter(HA)
25s across the boards.
Explanation... needed?

Throh<-Taws(Toss)
Fighting Inner Focus/Guts/Sturdy(HA)
90/75/60/25/60/5
Reversal is replaced by Gyro Ball. Wide Guard is replaced by Quick Guard, Endure by Counter and Superpower by Rock Slide.
Lol. Maybe increase the speed by 20, but you get it.

Wynaut <- Wutevar(Whatever.)
Psychic, Shadow Tag/Telepathy(HA)
70/11/33/11/33/11
Charm is replaced by Taunt. Yeah. Taunt Wobbuffet. The end of times has come.

Rotom->Notsip(Piston, the pinnacle of a Motor)
Electric/Ghost, Levitate
30/30/55/70/55/70

Do these seem good?
You cannot add/replace moves, only delete them.

Reserving Gourgeist

Gourgeist --- Gourgiggle
Ghost/Grass --- Unnerve/Frisk/Natural Cure
Stat spread: 72 / 60 / 87 / 45 / 63 / 45
Move reductions: Explosion, Fire Blast, Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Focus Blast, Flamethrower

Justification coming later

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)