Lockdown Mafia 2: Hail To The Chief - Game Over, Mafia Wins!

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Victory in this game depends on being able to keep the president alive, so make sure you pick someone you deem competent to lead the village.
Going under the assumption that most of us aren't going to be mafia, why are we voting RaRe555?

Yeah, for the 4 (5?) of us that will be mafia, RaRe seems like a fantastic choice for president. 5 out of a total 21... this seems like a pretty bad idea for 16 of you.

But for villagers it would be a terrible decision. The president is a confirmed villager, and having confirmed villagers that can actually analyze the game well is probably a good idea. The president will be leading the village, I can't see why we should have an inexperienced (not necessarily bad, but unpredictable) village leader for the rest of the game. I have a feeling we'll regret electing RaRe555 if we do go through with it, so I'm putting my name on the table officially now.

elect askaninjask

Do we really want to keep RaRe alive for the whole game? Some of you might be concerned that it might be too hard to win if you guys happen to draw up as mafia, but the likelihood of that is smaller than being a village. Most likely 75% of us will be village, by having a moron as president only 25% of us benefit.

Going under the assumption that most of us aren't going to be mafia, why are we voting RaRe555?

Yeah, for the 4 (5?) of us that will be mafia, RaRe seems like a fantastic choice for president. 5 out of a total 21... this seems like a pretty bad idea for 16 of you.

But for villagers it would be a terrible decision. The president is a confirmed villager, and having confirmed villagers that can actually analyze the game well is probably a good idea. The president will be leading the village, I can't see why we should have an inexperienced (not necessarily bad, but unpredictable) village leader for the rest of the game. I have a feeling we'll regret electing RaRe555 if we do go through with it, so I'm putting my name on the table officially now.

elect askaninjask
no offence, aska, but you aren't much more experienced than rarenumbers, so i have to disagree.. if i wanted an experienced confirmed villager i'd vote accent or someone =/ anyway i actually feel uncomfortable with the idea of overly experienced president, maybe that's just my internal disagreement with a clear-cut leader. rare is like the last person to assume power, which is what i rather. i don't think you're a very bossy person, but i just don't want any 'aska is the president and knows best, shut up and listen to him, if you disagree with him you are bad' hijinks.

erect askaninjask

mafia do not recruit me unless you're accent + jumpluff

'aska is the president and knows best, shut up and listen to him, if you disagree with him you are bad' hijinks.
That kind of thing is what creates mindless bandwagons, which is what cost the village the last game. aska might be president, but I think we should all keep in mind he is human after all. If anything I'd be more wary of those who put a mindless 'I agree with the president' vote for the most suspicious man, especially if he is a villager.

Choosing a bad leader in case you are mafia is pretty lame. I guess you can argue it is just a strategy, but ehh. Plus Village "leader" is far less important in closed games compared to open games. Just because he is confirmed doesn't mean he will have all roles and make the correct choices. He is simply someone the town knows not to vote off.

elect askaninjask

i predict lynches will not be lynches, the president will choose one person each day and 'fire' him, which will be the same as dying. only the presidents 'vote' will matter.

this is why we need to elect a fool, if you are villager you can post and persuade the president to fire the right person, and if you are mafia you can feel safe in the knowledge your number 1 enemy is a buffoon.

edit: apparently i am wrong about how lynches go about, but the point still stands

We haven't gotten roles how can he be confirmed?
Roles are assigned after he's elected. Thus, he can never get a mafia role.

That kind of thing is what creates mindless bandwagons, which is what cost the village the last game. aska might be president, but I think we should all keep in mind he is human after all. If anything I'd be more wary of those who put a mindless 'I agree with the president' vote for the most suspicious man, especially if he is a villager.
Yes, but I think there's also a stronger possibility someone openly trying to bandwagon is just lazy, if last mafia's anything to judge by. People were too lazy to analyse for themselves as a general rule; they ended up sorry for it.

Choosing a bad leader in case you are mafia is pretty lame. I guess you can argue it is just a strategy, but ehh. Plus Village "leader" is far less important in closed games compared to open games. Just because he is confirmed doesn't mean he will have all roles and make the correct choices. He is simply someone the town knows not to vote off.

elect askaninjask
There's no reason RaRe555 can't fill this position. I don't mean to offend aska, as I like aska, but there's no reason to assume he will be a better leader than RaRe.

i predict lynches will not be lynches, the president will choose one person each day and 'fire' him, which will be the same as dying. only the presidents 'vote' will matter.

this is why we need to elect a fool, if you are villager you can post and persuade the president to fire the right person, and if you are mafia you can feel safe in the knowledge your number 1 enemy is a buffoon.
Like I said in regards to the first paragraph, if the president is any good, people will just get lazy / unwilling to contradict him. This is why I support the choosing of RaRe, he has like 0 self-confidence so I don't see him bossing anyone around or being overly forceful. A forceful president can be pretty dangerous imo though I've never played a game of this type before.

on the flip side, if you are villager, you are guaranteed to have a non-fool alive always.
This is true, but why not elect Accent or CN (though CN isn't playing) or you or someone else who proved they have a strong mind for analysis last game if this is the case?

This is true, but why not elect Accent or CN (though CN isn't playing) or you or someone else who proved they have a strong mind for analysis last game if this is the case?
I think aska is smart enough to be a decent addition to the guaranteed village, but not so smart that he sees right through me if I am mafia. In addition, this leaves Accent/CN both as potential recruits/partners if I am mafia...or it might make it so that they are in posession of the power roles.

Basically, the powerful players not being president helps everyone!

01:28| <@evan> you guys should elect me president
01:38| <@evan> i promise health care reform, budget slashing, and many more wars
02:26| <@evan> vote evan
02:27| <@evan> elect me

take ballot paper back from the urn

elect evan

(edit, just to make sure no one is tricked - evan is not in the game)

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well if you're going to elect a moron for president for the sole reason of having another person take over I propose that we elect the person who's opinion no one gives 2 shits about: Chris is me.

When was the last time someone actually listened to what Chris is me said? He's on half of all ignore lists and is insta banned in all channels Tangermean has any sort of authority in.

elect Chris Is Me
ha ha ha what a funny gimmick "no one likes cim" still funny and witty to this day even if you haven't ventured out of circus maximus in 6 months.

yup you get it alright

anyway

I actually think I'd be good at "leading the town" (except i'm a little perturbed that there will be enough roles that a leadership position will mean anything) because unlike you fuckers I actually know how to play Mafia games that aren't 5000% power managment 0% risk like Smogon Mafia is.

Look at the disaster that was the last game. Don't want that again? Elect Chris is me and you won't see stupid bandwagons start up from nowhere, no bullshit "we shouldn't kill without knowing anything" votes, no losing.
[18:18:41] <@thunda> also electing someone incompetent has benefits
[18:18:48] <@thunda> if you are villager you can seize power
[18:18:55] <@thunda> and if you are mafia you dont have a good player going after you
You guys are retarded and with that kind of mentality no wonder you guys are going to fuck up so bad this game.

Electing someone incompetent to be a leader you have to keep around to win the game... hmm how could that go wrong... If you're a villager, kindly explain how you can "seize power" without outside communication. Oh wait, you can't. You can bandwagon just like any villager, but there's no "power" to be had other than the power of being more convincing (which you can't seize because you won't be confirmed villager, if you are you'll die immediately because confirmed villager who makes town lose if dead takes protection priority over power hungry villager who sucked at voting). The president won't be "role booking" like in all of your shitty mafia games. You're electing someone who more or less will be alive the whole game. You probably want that player to be good.

So basically, if you're electing someone incompetent you better hope you're mafia, otherwise your only known villager and only truly powerful member is completely going to waste. Get your mind out of the fullpower outside communication card flip gutter.

edit: apparently i am wrong about how lynches go about, but the point still stands
No it doesn't. You still want to waste your one guaranteed townie on someone who sucks because it's "easy to convince him". I.E. easy to bandwagon. Guess what kills towns? Yeah that.

The president only has power in being a confirmed townie. That power is only useful if the person holding it is a good townie. Stop being retards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)