Look At What I Chained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Beldum have a low catch rate, not a high one? Or do you mean encounter rate?

If I'm chaining for an OU pokemon that doesn't need egg moves, I ususally net myself at least 15 shinies so I might get one with decent IV's.

lol, Gligar chain is at 15. I was chaining elekid on my brothers game instead. These electric pokes are extremely easy to chain with static, as even if you go into a really bad patch, there's still a decent chance of continuing your chain.

Anyway, after Gligar, I'm moving onto Larvitar. I think rarer pokemon are easier to chain, as they usually only appear in gold patches, not in both kinds like common pokemon.
BTW, shiny Electivire really improves the colour of the original IMO.

Yeahh,.. in less then 45 minuts i got at chain 39, and started to reset the pokeradar and after 5 minuts reseting I got a Modest nature Shiny male Dusclops and after again 10 minuts I got another Shiny, this time a Careful female, I came for a Careful , and I got a Careful =D Okay I got only 2 but I'm very happy with 2 Shiny Dusclops that are usefull as an EV-Trained Shiny Dusknoir,.. I will going to EV-Train it and then going for a Impish and/or Adamant Rhydon =P

Impish - Hyper Cutter
30 / 14 / 22 / 20 / 30 / 3

the first of hopefully a few more good ones; got this at 25, and another bashful one at like 17.

EDIT: and another fuckin larvitar breaks the chain at 29. i'm thinkin this one is good enough to call it a keeper.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Swablu - #333 (Adamant)
HP: 10 - 13
Att: 20 - 23
Def: 24
SpA: 24
SpD: 8 - 10
Speed: 4 - 7

DD and sweep. :)

I figured this would be the proper place to ask,so,if anyone wants to take on an easy chaining job for me,please alert me(pays 2 pokes in my thread)

I figured this would be the proper place to ask,so,if anyone wants to take on an easy chaining job for me,please alert me(pays 2 pokes in my thread)
I PM'med you =D I got 20 shiny shinx wich the ability static =P to bad that there is not 1 good =P

Sunday

I found the exact EVs. Check out how lucky I am the speed was not one lower, it's the minimum for outspeeding base 110's after a DD with 252 EVs :)

Copy pasted from my thread if anyone cares lol.

- Altaria (OT)
Nature: Adamant
IVs: 10 / 22 / 24 / x / 8 /
Description: Those IVs might not look so steamy.. But the colour surely does! After a Dragon Dance she hits 378 attack and 351 speed with max EVs in both. 351 is the magic number to outspeed base 110's. And if you plan to use it with a Life Orb, Your attack gets boosted to 473! You know you want it!

Caught in a Quick Ball!

I found the exact EVs. Check out how lucky I am the speed was not one lower, it's the minimum for outspeeding base 110's after a DD with 252 EVs :)

Copy pasted from my thread if anyone cares lol.

- Altaria (OT)
Nature: Adamant
IVs: 10 / 22 / 24 / x / 8 /
Description: Those IVs might not look so steamy.. But the colour surely does! After a Dragon Dance she hits 378 attack and 351 speed with max EVs in both. 351 is the magic number to outspeed base 110's. And if you plan to use it with a Life Orb, Your attack gets boosted to 473! You know you want it!

Caught in a Quick Ball!
Very cool, where can you Chain it ?

Alright, since my breeding project is dragging along ever so slowly, I thought I'd try chaining, anyone have any ideas for a first chain? (that would be easy, of course)

Try Shinx as its relatively easy if you have a pokemon that has the ability static in the first slot of your party. That or other electrics, like Elekid, Mareep, Magnemite (swarm) and Elecktrike (swarm). Good luck! :D

Is it possible to use both a synchronizer and a "static" pokemon? I think the guide said yes, but i heard you cant. Anyone with experience want to help me?

The guide says yes if the synchronizer is fainted in your first slot and the static is in your second(not fainted)

if you use your static-er for getting the chain up to 40, then just use the synch-er for the shiny spots it doesn't really matter. the shiny spots will always be apart of the chain, so you don't have to worry about breaking it.

Sunday

Female, Modest, Simple

Male, Impish, Unaware

Trader, my work here it done :)
EDIT: Yeah that second one is the one I was aiming for personally lol :)

well i checked that shiny lickitung i got while chaining a while back (the one not caught in shiny grass) and check it out
lickitung@hardy
/24/22/31/7/9
hidden power ice 63

sat pride and place in my trophy section of my store :D so no touchy :p

Argh, horrid luck with Magnemites. Best I got out of 12:

Modest Magnemite, Sturdy ability: 5 / 24 / 25 / 21 / 27 / 25

Damn that HP. Half the Magnemites from this bunch have HP IVs of between 0 and 5. :( Is he still even remotely useable with HP like that? Just how much does he lose out on?

How fast do you guys usually get your chains up? I've been wondering because it takes me usually a long time to get a chain up past 20 as I don't trust many patch formations. Thanks for replying:)

EDIT: Nice RareBreed, you guys make chaining for shinies seem like it's no big deal, I really am having a hard time chaining as I get up to about 29, then what I think is a safe patch formation according to Diesel's guide but then, of course my chain breaks. Any help? Should I be more conservative while chaining or should I be loose while chaining? Thanks for all the replies:)

EDIT2: Is this considered isolation or cluster?
Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)