Magic: The Gathering

The only difference is that there aren't rituals/retarded mana producers to go with like there were when yawg will was good >_>
well manamorphose is good enough already. this is just going to make storm+pyromaster's ascension absolutely bonkers in modern.

there's still rite of flame (?) and shit which is good enough really.

well manamorphose is good enough already. this is just going to make storm+pyromaster's ascension absolutely bonkers in modern.

there's still rite of flame (?) and shit which is good enough really.
Oh I was just thinking of standard, modern is already full of very fast combos, this card probably goes in some of them but it doesn't make any new decks.

I am currently selling some spare cards.
1xSword of vengeance
2xEmrakul
1xpath to exile
4xOmnath
2xKhalni hydra
1xbirds ofpardise (m11)
1xclone (m11)
1xObstinate Baloth
1xGarruk (lorwyn)
1xHypergenesis
1xUlamog
1xGenesis Wave
4xPreordain
1xRootbound crag
1xSunetal Grove
1xFrost titan
1xLinvala, Keeper fo the Silence

just pm me so we can discuss prices pay in by paypal. Im cheaper then any store.

Ok so yesterday "Past in Flames" was spoiled:

So it's pretty much a yawgmoth's will for instants and sorceries. That can be cast twice. There has to be a way to break this.
Well, idk about breaking it, but it has nice synergy with Charmbreaker Devils, I'd say. Especially since you can use Past to "get rid" of the spells you don't want to bring back (by casting them again).

And Geosurge is still legal, as well as the new Infernal Plunge, so that's nice. Not to mention Galvanoth.....

Really, it's like a new twist on replicating burns. Just bring stuff back and cast it ftw.

Now I really want to try that in Standard...

i've been thinking about a rage extractor deck with past in flames, but it seems too slow and i'm not sure what would be the best secondary colour (if any).

If you're going to use another color, probably blue. Casting Tezzeret's Gambit over and over would be nice, not to mention the Phyrexian Metamorph you can use to make another Rage Extractor. Gitaxian Probe is there too; it might not be the strongest effect, but being able to recast it so you can know your opponent's hand and draw (not to mention that its flashback could be 2 life, in case you're backed into a corner).

i was thinking blue, primarily because of gitaxian probe, but phyrexian metamorph is a pretty convincing argument. the only problem i see with it is t4 rage extractor at best, but depending on how fast / slow the new standard is that might be ok.

still making an edh deck but it seems to be going somewhere finally. i'm at 86 cards now without most lands, so help would be appreciated.

general: jaya ballard, task mage

creatures (35):
adamaro, first to desire
akki lavarunner
akki underminer
akroma, angel of fury
aladdin
anarchist
anger
avalanche riders
barbarian riftcutter
barbed shocker
bloodfire colossus
chancellor of the forge
chandra's phoenix
chandra's spitfire
dragon mage
dragonmaster outcast
duplicant
fire servant
flametongue kavu
greater gargadon
hoarding dragon
kargan dragonlord
knollspine dragon
kozilek, butcher of truth
magma phoenix
painter's servant
pitchstone wall
reckless wurm
shard phoenix
skarrgan firebird
solemn simulacrum
squee, goblin nabob
stuffy doll
war elemental

artifacts (19):
basilisk collar
caged sun
extraplanar lens
fire diamond
gauntlet of might
gauntlet of power
gilded lotus
magebane armor
memory jar
mind's eye
planar portal
ruby medallion
skullclamp
sol ring
sword of feast and famine
sword of fire and ice
sword of light and shadow
thran dynamo
urza's blueprints

planeswalkers (3):
chandra ablaze
chandra, the firemind
koth of the hammer

other spells (26):
aggravated assault
amok
antagonism
blood moon
braid of fire
bulwark
furnace of rath
gratuitous violence
repercussion

artillerize
cinder cloud
fissure
reiterate
reverberate
wild ricochet

aftershock
apocalypse
banefire
breaking point
browbeat
burning inquiry
control of the court
gamble
mana geyser
wheel of fate
wheel of fortune

land (3):
kher keep
teetering peaks
valakut, the molten pinnacle

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ban List Update

This only serves to reinforce how much WotC hates anything that's not aggro. I mean seriously, Ponder AND Preordain? Might as well of just said "combo is banned." And I'm still sort of perplexed about the whole Green Sun's Zenith thing. I thought toolboxing increased variety.

I'm talking about Modern of course.

i think the modern bans might have been a little excessive (and they didn't even unban anything...), but otherwise i like the new changes for legacy and edh

also i have no idea what's up with banning things in extended, i can't imagine it not being replaced by modern...

12 post, infect, and pyromancer are dead

long live zoo?

I can't believe they banned Misstep in a format where Force of Will exists...
Because Misstep doesn't actually stop the combo decks where as Force of Will does? I think Misstep was definitely constraining the metagame (look at top 8s of recent events), but it was not impossible to innovate. Regardless, I think it will be interesting to see if the removal of Misstep will allow my favorite archetype to resurface: Counterbalance.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Caw-blade the best new deck in extended. storm, twin etc, are all way shittier now.

I like the bannings for Modern. I'll be frank; before the bannings, Modern was fairly shitty and only a narrow selection of decks could actually 'get there'. Now, combo was nerfed and 12post murdered. Several combo decks were left untouched completely, and some are only less consistent (Kiki/Pestermite/Splinter/Exarch is still viable). 12post already hurt the RPS of Aggo/Combo/Control, and it was rather non interactive beyond Through the Breach being able to be countered. The combo decks that are actually dead weren't healthy for the meta to begin with; Blazing Shoal was really hit or miss and required no skill entry level and storm was incredibly non-interactive.

People are worried about Aggro, but I'm not. New decks will emerge to fill the gap left and sideboards will be reworked to deal with the new top decks. If aggro seems to be the new 'thing', just expect more disruption geared for dealing with those kinds of decks.

It seems like it successfully shaken things up. No need for knee jerk reactions. We'll know for sure when the dust settles and the butthurt dies down.

EDH banlist changes were tame, and I agree with them. Hermit Druid could have gotten the boot, too, and Koko puffs unbanned, but there is no urgency for either of those things. Mental Misstep being banned in legacy seems like a positive thing.

if they're going to give storm / pyromaster's that much of a "fuck you" they may as well have just banned pyromaster's / grapeshot / that goblin storm card. blazing shoal is fair enough since they wanted there to be no t3 kills in modern; cloudpost is perhaps a tad excessive and maybe vesuva would've been a better card to ban; green sun's zenith really came out of nowhere, i mean wtf?

if they're going to give storm / pyromaster's that much of a "fuck you" they may as well have just banned pyromaster's / grapeshot / that goblin storm card. blazing shoal is fair enough since they wanted there to be no t3 kills in modern; cloudpost is perhaps a tad excessive and maybe vesuva would've been a better card to ban; green sun's zenith really came out of nowhere, i mean wtf?

Try turn 2.

But Ponder, Preordain and Zenith were really unnecessary.

So, what'll be the new "it" draw cards?

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
serum visions is not terrible, and sleight of hand is practically preordain. I feel like splinter-twin can still be fine.

I think Cloudpost might have been unnecessary - the Pro Tour had Cloudpost decks with less than 50% against the field, and less than 50% against every other major deck in the format.

That said, if they ban Preordain and Ponder and Rite to cut combo out of the format, it's entirely possible that Cloudpost would beat everything-but-Zoo.

I don't think Green Zenith was a BAD ban, but I don't like when they ban for ubiquity, especially in a single colour[/c]. Yes, every green deck was (and should have been) playing 4 Green Sun's Zenith. But it wasn't so powerful that your deck HAD to run Green for it, which I think is quite a significant factor.

I think Mental Misstep's ban in Legacy was a mistake; the format wasn't becoming less diverse because of that card; it was because Legacy has been full of terrible decks for YEARS and now the format is getting official recognition, the quality of the deck is improving and the bad lists are being pushed out.

Before Misstep, the format was basically Control Jank and Combo Jank v Merfolk with Merfolk winning all the time. I think removing Misstep causes more problems than it fixes, to be honest. And again, it was a ban-for-ubiquity, not really a ban-for-format-ruining.

With the prerelease having been a thing, Cockatrice now supports Innistrad cards. Anyone trying anything new?

I've been trying to fiind a good way to abuse Tree of Redemption; only thing I've gotten so far is a Disciple of Gristlebrand/Tree of Redemption combo, and trying to abuse Morbid to make Tree saccing useful. Though anything that works well with that costs a fair amount of mana...(going from EDH to Standard isn't as fluid as I thought it'd be).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)