Marvel v Capcom 3 discussion

What moves are downright impossible? Because from what I see, there are none. No crazy button configs (lp+lk, mp+mk, and ppp, kkk) because you can easily put every button combo in the pad (abcs on the face, triggers for a1, a2, a+b and c+s for bumpers or etc).

Tell me what combos make it ungodly hard. My friend can pull off C.Viper box loops and insane Spider Man combos with the pad while I can do the Mags fierce loop on pad; and I'd argue that the fierce loop is much easier on the pad.

And not even that. What exceedingly difficult maneuver that you need to do is there? My execution is balls and consists of basic dial a combos and resets, but I can keep up with my friend who can one touch me guaranteed.

Maybe for you it might be easier on stick, but please, until you can specify what are impossible to do on pad, I can't find your point on stick being better for EVERY SINGLE PERSON justified.

Uuuh, pads have no advantages over sticks, and sticks have no advantages over pads. It's simply a preference; you can pull off the same combos on a pad with the same ease as a stick, and vice versa.

Uuuh, pads have no advantages over sticks, and sticks have no advantages over pads. It's simply a preference; you can pull off the same combos on a pad with the same ease as a stick, and vice versa.
Auto-cross up guard :toast:

But yeah what you say is pretty much true.

you can pull off the same combos on a pad with the same ease as a stick
SSF4 example.

How am I going to do jab xx fierce hands with Honda on a non-Saturn pad or fightpad? There is no fucking way you can consistently do that on a 360/PS3 pad.

Aside from that, I kind of agree. Not completely, though.

Wong said he is gonna try to win two round with Modok, Thor, and Cap'n America tonight cause a friend bet him $20 that he couldn't.

He just has to make it interesting every week, huh.

Not gonna be able to watch the rest of this tonight, hopefully they upload it soon. Justin is just so good though, beating Ross like that heh.

Vangief.

Standing / Walking 720 on Pad.

'Nuff said. Nothing is impossible with enough practice.
We can't all be Vangief, SDS. The average player doesn't QUITE possess the skills necessary to be that epic with a pad. It's just a lot easier to pull off these moves with a stick than a pad.

We can't all be Vangief, SDS. The average player doesn't QUITE possess the skills necessary to be that epic with a pad. It's just a lot easier to pull off these moves with a stick than a pad.
The average player doesn't possess the skills necessary to be that epic with a stick either.

I understand if you personally feel that stick is easier for you, but, for marvel, unless you can actually support it with actual maneuvers, please don't mislead others.

Let's breath some life into this topic with some news! If you haven't heard already, Lupinko (the guy who leaked the roster list) kind of confirmed Super MvC3. I really didn't think Capcom would do this, but considering how bareboned MvC3 was, it makes sense. If they manage to fix everything wrong with this game, I'll happily buy it. God damn the money-sucking machine that is Capcom! =[

Let's breath some life into this topic with some news! If you haven't heard already, Lupinko (the guy who leaked the roster list) kind of confirmed Super MvC3. I really didn't think Capcom would do this, but considering how bareboned MvC3 was, it makes sense. If they manage to fix everything wrong with this game, I'll happily buy it. God damn the money-sucking machine that is Capcom! =[
As long as they don't make MvC3 Arcade Edition I'm fine with buying Super if it helps the balance of the game like SSFIV did for SFIV

I'm kind of upset about it too; but hopefully it will be available as dlc and not force us to buy a $60 disc if we want it. I wish they didn't release it a month early so we wouldn't be having this =/

I actually did think they said they wouldn't release another edition though.

Man, I don't think I'll buy it unless it's like $10ish. Why do we have to pay for patches, as I'm pretty sure the word patch implies fixing something broken.

If they add like 10 characters, then that's a different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)