Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters
New slate Ideas: 1) Commonly Wanted Megas (in my experience on YT videos)

Mega Luxray
Mega Flygon
Mega Yanmega

2) Mega Eeveelutions (original eevees)

Jolteon
Flareon
Vaporeon
I'd suggest Milotic instead of Yanmega. I would definitively take part to a such slate.
WTCO

I have a slate idea.

All the evolutions in Gen IV:

Three of the following:

Magmortar
Electivire
Tangrowth
Mismagius
Honckrow
Weavile
Magnezone
Lickilicky
Rhyperior
Togekiss
Gliscor
Porygon-Z
Probopass
Dusknoir
Froslass

Tagging Valmanway so he can update the thread.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yup, PleaseDontBanMe gets the win this round. We'll be leaving discussion open here for two days since the council is still discussing some things.

Quick Slate Idea.
The Other Ones - Pokemon related to/a counterpart of a Pokemon that got a Mega, but didn't get one themselves
- Butterfree (counterpart to Beedrill)
- Slowking (related to Slowbro)
- Milotic (counterpart to Gyrados)
- Dusknoir ("counterpart" to Banette (Dusclops and Banette were counterparts only Gen 3 before Dusknoir existed))
- Mew (related to Mewtwo)

Quick Slate Idea.
The Other Ones - Pokemon related to/a counterpart of a Pokemon that got a Mega, but didn't get one themselves
- Butterfree (counterpart to Beedrill)
- Slowking (related to Slowbro)
- Milotic (counterpart to Gyrados)
- Dusknoir ("counterpart" to Banette (Dusclops and Banette were counterparts only Gen 3 before Dusknoir existed))
- Mew (related to Mewtwo)
Don't forget about Froslass :)

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
My Slate Idea: Type Cycle. So, you know how there is a a sort of type cycle in the games. (Fire>Grass>Water). this goes for most types, so I decided to do this.
choose 1 of the sets, and 1 pokemon per type. the pokemon must be purely typed. (Eg: Blastoise is pure Water. Rapidash is pure Fire. Tornadus is pure flying)
Fire>Grass>Water
Fighting>Dark>Psychic
Flying>Fighting>Ice
Fire>Ice>Ground
Steel>Ice>Ground
Bug>Grass>Rock
Poison>Grass>Ground
Ground>Electric>Water
Steel>Fairy>Fighting

Tell me if I missed any
Also, I aint stopping you from adding a type when they mega :P

My Slate Idea: Type Cycle. So, you know how there is a a sort of type cycle in the games. (Fire>Grass>Water). this goes for most types, so I decided to do this.
choose 1 of the sets, and 1 pokemon per type. the pokemon must be purely typed. (Eg: Blastoise is pure Water. Rapidash is pure Fire. Tornadus is pure flying)
Fire>Grass>Water
Fighting>Dark>Psychic
Flying>Fighting>Ice
Fire>Ice>Ground
Steel>Ice>Ground
Bug>Grass>Rock
Poison>Grass>Ground
Ground>Electric>Water
Steel>Fairy>Fighting

Tell me if I missed any
Also, I aint stopping you from adding a type when they mega :P
Well you missed Ghost, Normal and Dragon, but their relationships with other types are so odd that they can´t be fit into a three-type cycle :P

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Over The Moon

Limitations:

Wigglytuff has an ability level limitation of 4.5 and gets two new moves.

Delcatty has an ability level limitation of 4.5 and gets two new moves.

Musharna has an ability level limitation of 4 and gets two new moves.

Announcement:

So me and the council discussed rulings on how custom abilities should be handled here, and we've decided on a few things. First and foremost, custom abilities can be whatever you want them to be; you can make an ability as crazy and ridiculous as you please (though do try to keep balance in mind). But you must provide code for the ability at hand. This is to ensure that the ability works in battle once implemented, so please provide the code for the ability when submitting unique abilities. With that said, abilities from the Create-A-Pokemon project are allowed since we have the code for them. However, you won't need to provide code for abilities based on other abilities, since we know that the abilities will work out. Below is a list of abilities to show how you can make custom abilities based on old abilities without needing to provide code for them.

stat-doubling clones: any one of Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, or Speed can be doubled, but can't effect multiple stats even when the effect is lowered (can't raise Attack and Speed by 50%)

Intimidate clones: can lower any stat except accuracy on switch, but can't inflict status conditions or deal damage on switch

Aerialate clones: any type of move can be changed into any other type of move (Water-type moves changing into Ice-type moves and getting powered up)

Trapping ability clones: Magnet Pull clones can effect any one type, but Arena Trap/Shadow Hold clones must effect all types except one (trap all types except Grass-types)

Auto-weather ability clones: can be based on moves that effect both sides in battle for a set number of turns (not just specific Pokemon until they switch, so Perish Song is a nope), so Electric Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Gravity, Magic Room, Misty Terrain, Safeguard, Trick Room, Tailwind, and Wonder Room are moves that custom abilities can be based on; Tailwind custom abilities can only last 3 turns

Type immunity/absorbtion ability clones: Levitate provides immunity to a single type, Flash Fire clones power up moves of any one type when activated, Water Absorb clones absorb moves of any one type (coding might be complicated based on how moves like Stealth Rock and Soak effect it), Storm Drain clones can raise any stat when hit by any one type of move, and Dry Skin clones can absorb moves of one type but double damage taken from another type and lose health each turn if in rain, sand, or hail if weak to those types in addition to sand and hail damage

Thick Fat clones: half damage from any two types of moves, regardless of type combination (Bug/Fire type cuts Rock and Water damage in half)

Moxie clones: any stat except evasion can go up one stage after user KOes a Pokemon

Flower Veil clones: any single type is immune to status conditions

Guts clones: any one of Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed can be increased by 50% when inflicted with a major status condition like burn or poison

Poison Heal clones: user recovers 12.5% HP when inflicted with any major status condition like burn or poison

Scrappy clones: type immunities are lifted for any appropriate type (Psychic-type moves hurt Dark-types, Dragon-type moves hurt Fairy-types, etc...)

Defiant clones: any stat except evasion can be increased by two stages when a stat drop inflicted by the opponent occurs

Weather-reliant ability clones: with the compatible weather, Swift Swim clones double Speed, Rain Dish clones recover 6.25% of the user's health, Hydration clones provide an immunity to status, Sand Force clones effect types associated with the weather at hand (types may vary), and Solar Power clones raise any stat by 50% at the cost of 12.5% of the user's health per turn

Gooey clones: any stat can be lowered when the opponent makes direct contact with the user

I'm sure there were plenty abilities I forgot to list, but you should hopefully have a good idea of the limits of how you can make custom abilities without the need of providing code. But just remember that you can make any ability you want and ignore the limits above provided you have the code for your ability.

This time submissions will be open for a week, so you can take your time to get accustomed to the new rules while making Megas.

Wigglytuff

Normal/FairyNormal/Fairy

HP: 140 → 140 (0)

Atk: 70 → 80 (+10)

Def: 45 → 75 (+30)

SpA: 85 → 115 (+30)

SpD: 50 → 75 (+25)

Spe: 45 → 50 (+5)

Cute Charm/Competitive/FriskAdaptability

New Moves: Boomburst, Moonblast

• Originally had Wigglytuff losing its normal typing and pixilate as an ability but since we can't change (or in this case, remove) the primary typing, I went with Adaptability instead.

• Adaptability makes Boomburst ridiculously powerful even with Wigglytuff's not amazing overall power

• Moonblast + Boomburst are more powerful STABs

• Very slow and is easily KO'ed by threats such as Mega Metagross and Bisharp

• Walled by Chansey and specially defensive steel types

Delcatty

NormalNormal/Fairy

HP: 70 → 70 (0)

Atk: 65 → 35 (-30)

Def: 65 → 90 (+25)

SpA: 55 → 125 (+70)

SpD: 55 → 55 (0)

Spe: 70 → 105 (+35)

Cute Charm/Normalize/Wonder SkinPlainate (Normal type Aerilate)

New Moves: Moonblast, Focus Blast
  • Added fairy type is kind of obvious, right? It's a cat that evolves via a Moon Stone

• Decent special attack allows Delcatty to take on some weaker threats, I guess? It also has Calm Mind to boost its special stats.

• “Planiate” gives a furthur 30% boost to Delcatty's STAB normal moves, on top of the STAB boost.

• Moonblast is powerful fairy STAB. Focus Blast hits Steel types who resist both of Delcatty's STABs

• Still pretty frail, and without any boosts, Delcatty struggles to break through dedicated special walls. No chance to get through Chansey.

Musharna

Psychic Psychic

HP: 116 → 116 (0)

Atk: 55 → 55 (0)

Def: 85 → 115 (+30)

SpA: 107 → 145 (+38)

SpD: 95 → 136 (+41)

Spe: 29 → 20 (-9)

Forewarn/Synchronize/Telepathy Levitate

• High special attack and fantastic mixed 116/115/136 bulk allows Musharna to run both defensive and offensive sets.

• Musharna is always floating in its sprites as well as the pictures I've seen of it in the anime, so I gave it Levitate since its base abilities are pretty useless.

• Mono-psychic is a poor offensive and defensive typing. Dark types such as Bisharp and Weavile, as well as a ghost type in Gengar, are common enough to make Musharna a risky pick as a mega.

• Musharna is extremely slow; it ties with Ferrothron as the slowest Pokemon in OU which means Musharna, unless going up against Ferrothorn, is always going to move last.

Wigglytuff-Mega
Ability: Loudness War (Boosts the power of sound moves by 1.2x, does 1/8 residual damage, and prevents anyone from falling asleep.)
Typing: Normal / Fairy

Stats:

HP: 140
Attack: 70
Defense: 45 ----> 85 (+40)
Special Attack: 85 ----> 125 (+40)
Special Defense: 50 ----> 90 (+40)
Speed: 45 ----> 25 (-20)
Base Stat Total: 435 ----> 535
Movepool Additions: Boomburst, Moonblast
Description: this honestly isn't as good as WTCO's competitively, I just wanted to make a music joke for an ability while also abusing my own new rule
Code:
        onBasePowerPriority: 8,
        onBasePower: function (basePower, attacker, defender, move) {
                        if (move.flags['sound']) {
                               this.debug(Loudness War boost');
                                  return this.chainModify([0x1333, 0x1000]);
            }
        },
        onResidualOrder: 26,
        onResidualSubOrder: 1,
        onResidual: function (pokemon) {
            if (!pokemon.hp) return;
            for (let i = 0; i < pokemon.side.foe.active.length; i++) {
                let target = pokemon.side.foe.active[i];
                if (!target || !target.hp) {
                    this.damage(target.maxhp / 8, target, pokemon);
                }
            }
        },,
        onAnySetStatus: function (status, pokemon) {
            if (status.id === 'slp') {
                if (pokemon === this.effectData.target) {
                    this.add('-fail', pokemon, 'slp', '[from] Loudness War', '[msg]');
                } else {
                    this.add('-fail', pokemon, 'slp', '[from] Loudness War');
                }
                return null;
        },

First time doing this, so feel free to give constructive criticism and the such, or point out any flaws I may have made.

Mega Wigglytuff

Typing: Normal/Fairy ----> Normal/Fairy

Stats:

HP: 140 ----> 140
Attack: 70 ----> 70
Defense: 45 ----> 80 (+35)
Special Attack: 85 ----> 95 (+10)
Special Defense: 50 ----> 80 (+30)
Speed: 45 ----> 70 (+25)
Base Stat Total: 435 ----> 535

Ability:
Competitive/Cute Charm/Frisk ----> Magic Guard

Movepool Additions:
Moonlight, Moonblast.

Description:
This buffed Mega Wigglytuff gets really bulky, with great 140/80/80 defenses! It also gets Magic Guard, so you can't Toxic it down, as well as Moonlight which gives recovery in one turn unlike Wish. It also gets a decent STAB move in Moonblast. Finally, it gets a nice speed boost. So it's a very tanky 'mon that isn't too passive either. It's able to set up rocks with much more ease now. And it's rather unpredictable with access to moves like Flamethrower, Ice Beam and even Thunderbolt.

However, it's still slow, and while it can do damage it can be walled by things like Chansey and Mega-Metagross with little effort. Normal typing removes Fairy's resistance to the Fighting type which isn't appreciated. While one might expect it to outclass Clefable, keep in mind Clef gets access to an item while Wiggly is forced to use a Mega slot.

As for flavor, Moonlight/Moonblast just seem fitting for Wigglytuff. It now has a small balloon-like shield around itself, giving it the boosted defenses and Magic Guard. Wigglytuff also now has a noticeable tail similar to a balloon's that lets it float in the sky at quick speeds, hence the speed boost.

Mega Delcatty

Typing: Normal ----> Normal/Ghost

Stats:

HP: 70 ----> 70
Attack: 65 ----> 65
Defense: 65 ----> 75 (+10)
Special Attack: 55 ----> 90 (+35)
Special Defense: 55 ----> 70 (+15)
Speed: 70 ----> 110 (+40)
Base Stat Total: 380 ----> 480

Ability:
Normalize/Cute Charm/Wonder Skin ----> Infiltrator

Movepool Additions:
Destiny Bond, Aura Sphere

Description:
Mega Delcatty got the ability to channel lost spirits and has gotten the Normal/Ghost typing as a result. This makes the Dark type it's only weakness and makes it immune to Normal and Fighting moves! The purple fur now glows and has covered most of it's torso now. This gives it a small boost in defense. As if that wasn't enough, it's now much faster and by using the powers of the spirits it channel, it can launch much stronger magical attacks! Thanks to it's slightly ghostly nature it can infiltrate various place.

Delcatty has surprising coverage, with moves like Blizzard, Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball. It can also attack beyond substitutes and isn't affected by Reflect, so defending yourself from this cat is not particularily easy. Calm Mind allows it to last slightly longer and to do much more damage. With Aura Sphere, it can damage Dark types like Bisharp, but watch out for Sucker Punch.

Unfortunately, Delcatty's base stats are just so bad this has very low chances of getting in OU. I'd see this maybe beign UU at most. 90 Special Attack isn't enough to KO a lot of things, so it needs to use Calm Mind to boost itself. It can try and use Destiny Bond if the battle gets dire for Mega Delcatty, but watch out for status. It's bulk is better but it's still KO'd by some stronger Dark type attackers.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone

Typing: Normal/Fairy
Ability: Puff Up - Doubles damage from this Pokemon's special moves (Offensive special Fur Coat clone, also special Huge Power clone... but that's a Rank 5 Ability).
HP: 140 (+0)
Attack: 60 (-10)
Defense: 80 (+35)
Special Attack: 90 (+5)
Special Defense: 85 (+35)
Speed: 80 (+35)
Description: Named and based on Jigglypuff's Final Smash, Wigglytuff gets bigger, and bigger... destroying anything that stands in its way. The air used for inflation can be exhaled as powerful special moves, and it gets bulkier but lighter. 90 Special Attack with doubled BP is almost the same as MegaMedicham with doubled 100 Attack. While Mega Wigglytuff has many flaws such as bad speed, no priority, a worse offensive typing and doubled 90 base instead of doubled 100, the new addition of 280 BP Boomburst and 190 BP Moonblast allows it to hit harder than Megacham's 130 BP HJK and 80 BP Zen Headbutt. It gets 140/80/85 bulk, which is above average, and coverage moves that abuse the boosted SpAtk like Focus Blast, Fire Blast, BoltBeam and others. Overall it could get a niche as a absurdly strong special wallbreaker. Also.. YOOM... TAH!

Typing: Psychic
Ability: Dream Power - The first move in this Pokemon's moveslot is changed to match this Pokemon's Hidden Power type value.
HP: 116 (+0)
Attack: 55 (+0)
Defense: 115 (+30)
Special Attack: 147 (+40)
Special Defense: 125 (+30)
Speed: 29 (+0)
New Moves: Defog, Moonblast
Description: While Musharna never came close to being a viable Pokemon in the Custom Power Metagame, now that it is the only Pokemon with this ability and gets a BST boost, it can be a viable Mega. It already gets some coverage in the form of Dazzling Gleam, Energy Ball, and Shadow Ball, so a new coverage of choice helps. With the addition of Moonblast, it can use Dazzling Gleam as a strong filler move for Dream Power, or it could use Psyshock due to its similar power and ability to hit special walls. While it wouldn't get STAB, Stored Power of a type that can't be blocked is nice for sweeps (Its Standard Stored Power set get stopped by Dark types). Other uses of this Mega include Defog and Trick Room. It is VERY bulky and has recovery. Also, Thunder Wave can be changed to paralyze Ground types.
Code: (Taken from the Custom Power Metagame, might need tweaks to make it an ability)
Code:
onModifyMove: function (move, pokemon) {
if (pokemon.moves.indexOf(move.id) === 0) {
move.type = pokemon.hpType || 'Dark';
}
},
},

Typing: Normal
Ability: Simple
HP: 70 (+0)
Attack: 65 (+0)
Defense: 90 (+25)
Special Attack: 55 (+0)
Special Defense: 90 (+35)
Speed: 110 (+40)
New Moves: Agility, Slack Off
Description: Based on the winning submission of the previous Megas For All, but tweaked a little. Delcatty already gets Cosmic Power, Calm Mind and Baton Pass. With Wish and the added Agility, it can be a great and versatile Wish Passer. Or you could go with Slack Off, making a Calm Mind sweep easier. 70/90/90 is quite bad, but it can buff its own defenses in one turn, and has a good speed tier that outspeeds many things that may threaten it while it is healing or setting up.

Last edited:
Here comes the average train!

Mega Delcatty

Typing: Normal ----> Normal

Stats:

Attack: 65 ----> 115 (+50)

Defense: 65 ----> 65

Special Attack: 55 ----> 60 (+5)

Special Defense: 55 ----> 55

Speed: 70 ----> 115 (+45)

Ability: Normalize/Cute Charm/Wonder Skin ----> Protean

Moves: Flare Blitz (I know here isn’t a precedent for non-fire types to learn it but I’ll explain it in the design) and Gunk Shot

Description: Delcatty is just awful, it’s stats are dreadful, its base abilities are laughable, and overall you are better off with anything else. But this is Mega Delcatty and I figured that someone is probably gonna do Fur Coat Calm Mind with Normal/Fairy typing, so I’ll do something super weird. Protean is just godly, with the amount of moves Delcatty gets this might be decent. I also made it Physical because it’s special movepool would be too good for it to be special, which might be shooting myself in the foot but we’ll see..

The design would be a big hybrid of cat species, so that Protean would make sense, various fur patterns, different kinds of front and back legs, you get it.´

I needed to find a way to make this good, and this is what I found.

First try at this, hope it goes well.

Mega Wigglytuff

Type: Normal/Fairy

Defense: 45 -> 80 (+35)
Special Attack: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Special Defense: 55 -> 90 (+35)
Speed: 45

Ability: Magic Bounce

New moves: Moonlight, Moonblast

When Wigglytuff mega evolves, its magical marshmallow body becomes even more magical, bouncing away non-damaging moves. Still with its Normal/Fairy typing but now with improved bulk and Special Attack, Mega Wigglytuff is ready to climb out of the depths of the lower tiers.

Pros/Cons:

Pros:
  • Mega Wigglytuff has fantastic 140/80/90 bulk, and takes neutral hits nicely.
  • Normal/Fairy typing gives it only two weaknesses.
  • Now with access to Moonlight and Moonblast, Mega Wigglytuff now has reliable recovery and a good STAB move.
  • Magic Bounce allows Mega Wigglypuff to bounce back hazards and status conditions, giving it extra longevity.
  • Base 115 Special Attack means that it will hit hard.
  • Has many coverage moves, such as Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam.
Cons:
  • Very low speed.
  • Base 80 Defense is alright, but a bit low.
  • Not very good bulk before mega evolving.

Mega Delcatty

Type: Normal/Dark

HP: 70
Attack: 65
Defence: 65 -> 85 (+20)
Special Attack: 55 -> 110 (+55)
Special Defence: 55 -> 70 (+15)
Speed: 70 -> 90 (+20)

Ability: Prankster

New moves: Moonlight, Dark Pulse

When Delcatty mega evolves, it draws power from the moon stone it evolved from. Upon mega evolving, Delcatty gets a new Dark typing, as well as boosts to it defenses, speed and special attack. What was once a very bad Pokemon can now become a slightly better Pokemon.

Pros and cons:

Pros:
  • 110 Special Attack is good, meaning that Mega Delcatty can hit hard.
  • A boost to Mega Delcatty's defenses means it can take hits better.
  • It now has access to reliable recovery in Moonlight and a good STAB move in the form of Dark Pulse.
  • Great ability in Prankster and the support movepool to abuse it, with Thunder Wave, Toxic, Wish, Baton Pass, Calm Mind and Heal Bell
Cons:
  • Base 90 speed is decent, but leaves Delcatty outsped by a lot of Pokemon.
  • No matter how much I improve Delcatty's stats, they're still not that impressive. It won't get into higher tiers.
  • Absolutely sucks if not mega.

Mega Musharna

Type: Psychic

HP: 116
Attack: 55
Defence: 85 -> 110 (+25)
Special Attack: 107 -> 147 (+40)
Special Defence: 95 -> 130 (+35)
Speed: 29

Ability: Regenerator

New moves: Focus Blast, Earth Power

When Musharna mega evolves, the power of its dream mist increases drastically to the point that it can heal Musharna should it leave the battle. Now with a terrifying base 147 special attack stat and great defenses, Mega Musharna looks to be a big threat.

Pros and cons:

Pros:
  • Base 147 Special Attack is amazing. You need some serious bulk to take its special moves.
  • 116/110/130 bulk is fantastic. Mega Musharna takes hits really well.
  • Has a great ability in Regenerator to survive longer.
  • Great coverage such as Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Signal Beam as well as the newly obtained Focus Blast and Earth Power.
  • Has reliable recovery in Moonlight.
  • Can become a sweep with Calm Mind: if it sets a few up it can really hurt the opposing team.
Cons:
  • Really, really, really bad speed. Everything outspeeds it bar Ferrothorn.
  • Mono-Psychic typing is a bit meh. Weakness to Knock Off certainly holds it back.

Here comes the average train!

Mega Delcatty

Typing: Normal ----> Normal

Stats:

Attack: 65 ----> 115 (+50)

Special Attack: 55 ----> 60 (+5)

Speed: 70 ----> 115 (+45)

Ability: Normalize/Cute Charm/Wonder Skin ----> Protean

Moves: Flare Blitz (I know here isn’t a precedent for non-fire types to learn it but I’ll explain it in the design) and Gunk Shot

Description: Delcatty is just awful, it’s stats are dreadful, its base abilities are laughable, and overall you are better off with anything else. But this is Mega Delcatty and I figured that someone is probably gonna do Fur Coat Calm Mind with Normal/Fairy typing, so I’ll do something super weird. Protean is just godly, with the amount of moves Delcatty gets this might be decent. I also made it Physical because it’s special movepool would be too good for it to be special, which might be shooting myself in the foot but we’ll see..

The design would be a big hybrid of cat species, so that Protean would make sense, various fur patterns, different kinds of front and back legs, you get it.´

I needed to find a way to make this good, and this is what I found.
Protean SORTA makes flavor sense next to Normalize. I mean, they're polar opposites, but on the other hand, they're polar opposites.

Mega Wigglytuff
Type:

Stats-
HP
: 140
Atk: 70 -> 130 (+60)
Def: 45 -> 65 (+20)
SpAtk: 85 -> 100 (+15)
SpDef: 50 -> 65 (+15)
Speed: 45 -> 35 (-10)
Ability: Sheer Force
Move Additions: Close Combat, Moonblast
Description: Wigglytuff. Oh, Wigglytuff. It's been outclassed by Clefable for it's whole life. It's always had worse abilities, and worse stats, and now Clefable sits on top of OU. Well, WIGGLYTUFF HAS FINALLY HAD ENOUGH. For you see, Wigglytuff has gotten a lot angrier and has been emphasizing the "tuff" part of its name. It's still cute and all, but don't let that fool you. Seething with anger, it now sports a huge Attack stat and a pretty good Special Attack stat, combined with some decent bulk (let Hariyama be the first to tell you that 140/65/65 bulk is actually good). This anger weighs it down a little, however, so it's slower. This anger is transformed into to power thanks to Sheer Force, boosting moves like Play Rough, Body Slam, and Fire Punch. With this comes new moves in Close Combat, because it's THAT angry, and Moonblast as a nice STAB Fairy move that's also boosted by Sheer Force.

Mega Delcatty
Type:

Stats-
Atk: 65 -> 90 (+25)
Def: 65
SpAtk: 55 -> 80 (+25)
SpDef: 55
Speed: 70 -> 120 (+50)
Ability: Simple
Move Additions: Agility, Knock Off
Description: Delcatty is a cat. It looks nice, but it's design is very basic. It's Simple, to put in a way different way. This Simple design helps Delcatty a ton with a new ability in Simple. Simple allows this kitty to greatly benefit from it's setup moves, including Work Up, the new Agility, Charge Beam, and even Calm Mind. This helps make up for generally low stats for a Mega, even Speed when you have things like Mega Lopunny running around. Speaking of stats, a huge increase in Speed helps it set up against most things, while increases to both offensive stats coincide with Simple boosted Work Up for the ability to run mixed sets. Access to Baton Pass also makes this one of the best Baton Passers without Speed Boost, if not the best, in the game. New moves include Agility to go along with Simple and Knock Off for a strong move to hit Ghosts with.

Mega Musharna
Type:

Stats-
Atk: 55
Def: 85 -> 115 (+30)
SpAtk: 107 -> 147 (+40)
SpDef: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Ability: Analytic
Move Additions: Moonblast, Dark Pulse
Description: Musharna, the dreamiest Pokemon ever known, now does the job of a setup sweeper 5 million times better than before. For starters, Musharna received a huge boost to Defense and both Special stats, solidifying it's role as a very bulky sweeper, or even just a Defensive Pokemon. But, what is really the best boost to Musharna's setup sweeping ability is its new ability: Analytic. Analytic combined with abysmal 29 Speed means that 90% of the time, you're moving last, taking a hit, and then dealing massive damage. It's like a much, much, much, much, MUCH better version of Beheeyem, really. It gains Moonblast and Dark Pulse for coverage moves and to go with the dream theme. Moonblast for night, and Dark Pulse for nightmares (It already learns Nightmare).

The descriptions for all of these were actually really fun to write :D

Last edited:

Mega Wigglytuff
Ability: Eager (Gale Wings clone)
Attack: 120 (+50)
Defense: 45
Special Attack: 125 (+40)
Special Defense: 55
Speed: 55 (+10)
New moves: Moonblast, Boomburst

Eager- Normal-type moves have +1 priority.

-Ate Boomburst? Tch, that's so last year. How about priority Boomburst?
Between 120 Attack and 125 Special Attack, along with Normal having an expansive move list, Wigglytuff has a ton of options to choose from. On the physical side you have Double-Edge, Return, and Body Slam. On the special side, Boomburst is all that matters. If you want to mess with your foe's heads, there's moves like Wish, Disable, Safeguard, Copycat... and let's not forget the ultimate equalizer here: priority Sing! It may be unreliable, but come on, a priority sleep move that pierces Substitute is going to turn heads.

Mega Delcatty
Ability: Adaptability
Attack: 135 (+70)
Defence: 65
Special Attack: 25 (-30)
Special Defence: 55
Speed: 130 (+60)
New moves: Knock Off, Healing Wish
Description: It's literally Mega Beedrill as a cat, what more do you need to hear. ...Okay okay, the new moves were chosen to screw with Steel-types, the former removing items and the latter giving your Steel killer an easy in. It's a different utility over Baton Pass and likely the preferred option if you go for Double-Edge. Alternatively you can run Fake Out+Last Resort if you want an effective Showderp strategy.

Mega Musharna
Type:
Psychic/Fairy
Ability: Sweet Dreamer (Thick Fat clone)
Defence: 115 (+30)
Special Attack: 127 (+20)
Special Defence: 145 (+50)
New moves: Moonblast, Haze

Sweet Dreamer- Halves damage from Ghost and Dark attacks.

Role description: This Mega Evolution completely changes Musharna's list of weaknesses, giving it neutrality to Ghost and Bug and a resistance to Dark in exchange for Steel and Poison weaknesses. Mega Musharna has a frightening amount of bulk now, nearly on par with Cresselia physically and surpassing it specially, and with 127 Special Attack it's a lot less passive. Lacks reliable Recovery, but with that bulk it should be able to pull off a RestTalk set effectively. Rest, Sleep Talk, Moonblast and another move (Haze, Psychic, Calm Mind, or even Heal Bell!) sounds like it will be effective.

Delcatty-Mega
Ability: Cute Charm/Normalize/Wonder Skin ----> Scrappy
Typing: Normal/Fighting

Stats:

Attack: 65 ----> 35 (-30)
Special Attack: 55 ----> 125 (+70)
Speed: 70 ----> 130 (+60)
Movepool Additions: Boomburst, Focus Blast
Description: A newer, more powerful Delcatty. It's specially oriented nuke in cat form. The reason it gets Boomburst is because it purrs so loud it creates shockwaves all around it, and Focus Blast is because I don't know, I guess the idea of a cat shooting a hadouken from its mouth is hilarious to me. It may be forced to run Protect in order to not die turn one and have a major and crippling weakness to priority, but this is the best I could do in order to salvage the cat. Even with those flaws, Mega Delcatty is still good regardless, with the ability to spam Boomburst off an incredibly solid base 125 Special Attack.

Mega Wigglytuff
Type:

Ability:
Fur Coat (The Pokedex mentions that it has very fine fur)
Attack: 100 (+30)
Defense: 65 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 105 (+30)
Sp. Def: 70 (+20)
Speed: 45
Description: A physical wall.

Mega Delcatty
Type:

Ability:
Pixilate
Attack: 95 (+30)
Defense: 65
Sp. Atk: 85 (+30)
Sp. Def: 55
Speed: 110 (+40)
New Moves: Knock Off, Dazzling Gleam
Description: Best I could come up with for Delcatty, really.

Mega Musharna
Type:

Ability:
Regenerator (It's sleeping)
Defense: 115 (+30)
Sp. Atk: 137 (+20)
Sp. Def: 145 (+50)
New Moves: Moonblast, Misty Terrain
Description: Since it's always sleeping, Regenerator seemed like a good ability for it.

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Mega Wigglytuff
Ability:
No Guard
Typing: Normal/Fairy
HP: 140 (+0)
Attack: 90 +20)
Defense: 70 (+25)
Special Attack: 100 (+15)
Special Defense: 80 (+30)
Speed: 55 (+10)
New Move: Moonlight
Description: An absolutely terrifying No Guard abuser that can and will bullshit you to death with sleep and confusion via Sweet Kiss and Dynamic Punch. Also has an incredible special movepool open to it with No Guard and finds a niche whether used offensively or defensively.

Mega Musharna
Ability:
Dream Guard (Thick Fat clone that halves the damage from Dark and Ghost type attacks)
Typing: Psychic
HP: 116 (+0)
Attack: 55 (+0)
Defense: 130 (+45)
Special Attack: 127 (+20)
Special Defense: 125 (+30)
Speed: 34 (+5)
New Move: Moonblast
Description: A pokemon with 1 weakness that possesses bulk near Cresselia's. Nice. Calm Mind and Stored Power would be run on practically all of them, but the last 2 slots can vary. Moonlight and Moonblast allow it to hit Dark types, but Musharna is easily worn down by status. Status can be avoided by using Heal Bell over Moonblast or RestTalk over both.

Last edited:
Ok, lets try this out:

Mega Wigglytuff
Type:
Normal/Fairy
Ability: Prankster
Hp: 140
Defense: 70 (+25)
Sp. Atk: 135 (+50)
Sp. Def: 50
Speed: 50 (+5)
Stat Total: 535 (+100)
New Moves: Boomburst, Calm Mind
Description: What do you know the Jigglypuff line most for? Perhaps the fact that Jigglypuff loves it's singing. So, to bring it back to that, Mega Wigglytuff is going to have a fresh Prankster ability to make sure it can get it's sings off before the opponent can land a hit hard enough to defeat it. So, since Mega-Evolving into prankster will activate the ability next turn, Wigglytuff could run a set of protect, sing, boomburst, and calm mind, allowing this pokemon to Mega-Evolve, protect, get the prankster sing off, calm mind up, then boomburst sweep.

Mega Delcatty
Type:
Normal/Dark
Ability: Darkness Dash(Gale Wings clone for Dark Type Moves)
Hp: 70
Attack: 130 (+65)
Def: 55 (-20)
Sp. Atk: 55
Sp. Def: 55 (-10)
Speed: 135 (+65)
Stat Total: 480 (+100)
New Moves: Knock Off, Extreme Speed
Description: Delcatty is normally an all-around pokemon with not that good stats. So, making a mega for it would definitely be interesting For this submission, I went with a strong, physical attacker, that has a lot of speed. This, overall will make it an all or nothing attacker, in which one attack could easily cripple this pokemon. So, I gave it two typings, Dark and Normal, which seemed to fit it well, and a gale wings clone that will allow Delcatty to easily knock off any items that could possibly hurt Delcatty in any way. Along with this, I gave it extreme speed, in case if it isn't fast enough. A good moveset for this may be Knock off, extreme speed, fake out, and play rough, giving it great coverage for any types that could counter it.

Mega Musharna
Type:
Psychic/Fairy
Ability: Adaptability
Hp: 116
Defense: 120 (+35)
Sp. Atk: 127 (+20)
Sp. Def: 140 (+45)
Stat Total: 587 (+100)
New Moves: Hyper Voice, Sweet Kiss
Description: Musharna already has a good bunch of moves, and with adaptability, moves like dream eater and dazzling gleam do even more damage. Really, Musharna can run many sets revolving around certain moves such as Hypnosis, Calm Mind, Rest, or Sweet Kiss. This Pokemon probably had the most possibilities on what it could be overall.

Edit: Swapped around some of Delcatty's stat changes to make it a still viable fast hard-hitter, and make it fit into the rules.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)