Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Mega Stone: Stoutlandite
Type: Normal
Ability: Fur Coat (I explain the rule break below)
HP: 85
Attack: 155 (+45)
Defence: 165 (+75)
SpAttack: 45
SpDefence: 30 (-60) (I justify this below too)
Speed: 80
BST: 560 (+60)
New Moves: Bulk Up
Description: This thing is a physical tank. 85/165 defence and Fur Coat will tank up almost any physical hit. It also gets Bulk up to increase its already sky high attack and defence.
Justification: This thing may have astronomical defence, but it just can't live a special hit. I lowered it's special defence even more than I should to ensure that most Special moves knock it out. It also sits at quite a low speed.
252+ SpA Blastoise Aura Sphere vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Mega Stoutland: 352-416 (108.3-128%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Mewtwo Y Focus Blast vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Mega Stoutland: 872-1026 (268.3-315.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Umm... You're not allowed to decrease stats by more than 30 points. Both your calcs are irrelevant too tbh.
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Diggersby Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Fur Coat Stoutland: 105-124 (28 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Diggersby, whom has 0 viable switch-ins in OU minus Mega Slowbro (whom it 3 shots), can't even 3-shot Mega Stoutland with only HP investment! A physically defensive RestTalk set could prove to be an absurd blanket counter to every physical attacker in the tier minus Heracross and Medicham. But... I'd like to voice my opinion on something... Why should all megas be OU viable? BL would get sooo inflated and the lower tiers wouldn't have very many megas. I think as long as your mega is viable in one tier or another, as long as it's not too absurdly powerful, should be okay. So in the end, unless I'm missing something, broken megas like yours are fine imo, as are weak ones.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Actually, no he can't. Arcanine has an ability limit of 2.5 and Pixilate (and all of its clones) has a level of 4.

EDIT: Your Stoutland can't have Fur Coat either for the same reason. No matter how much you justify it, it can't have it because the rules say so.
Erm... That's not really how it works...

I only lowered the Special Defence more than normal so that it would't be able to take a special hit. It's supposed to be a physical wall. And, on top of that, I didn't use all 100 points. I only actually used 60. I feel it may be slightly broken, but I would like Valmanways opinion on wether I can have it or not.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
I only lowered the Special Defence more than normal so that it would't be able to take a special hit. It's supposed to be a physical wall. And, on top of that, I didn't use all 100 points. I only actually used 60. I feel it may be slightly broken, but I would like Valmanways opinion on wether I can have it or not.
I think its broken, but its fine anyways imo ;3 Valmanway does have the final say, though

I think its broken, but its fine anyways imo ;3 Valmanway does have the final say, though
I can see why you think it's broken. It's pretty much Shuckle with Deoxys-A's Attack. Although the Special side does hold it back. And Will-O. Will-O will definitely hinder it.

Hate to tell ya, but you gave Mightyena 170 in stat buff while only decreasing 30, so you actually have a stat increase of 140 in total, which it needs to be 100. Also, the base stat total you gave it is currently at 560, not 520.
Oops, I'll be sure to fix that! Thanks! I probably should also make sure I didn't make any mathematical mistakes with Mega Arcanine (either one of them).

Mooncanine is also only at +70.
Correction: looks like I sorta did. I'll double check the numbers, and make sure everything is in order!

You do realise you can give it Pixilate. You just need to justify why it won't be broken. Like I did with my Stoutland
No, I didn't know. Okay, as long as Arcanine's attack doesn't go above any of the other Pixilate users, Mooncanine (as Laughing X-Naut calls him) should be fine! I'll shunt anything else into the defenses!

It actually should have started yesterday :P
Good thing people caught my mistakes before the voting started. What a way to loose that would have been. I should probably also start making my final decision now, in case I get lazy tomorrow like yesterday.

There are a lot of good entries. I wish I could vote for two of them, and we could have two mega stones. It's going to be difficult.

Erm... That's not really how it works...
So can he or I do that or not? I mean, I was told I could change my Mooncanine's ability to Pixilate if I balanced him! I would hate to be disqualified because I did the wrong thing! Oh, and what was Mooncanine's previous ability anyways? I forgot!

JES, it's ability was Intimidate, just checked Venompulses quote on yours and it said that. Also, you have three votes, so you can vote your favorite three megas for each one.

Reactions: JES
JES, it's ability was Intimidate, just checked Venompulses quote on yours and it said that. Also, you have three votes, so you can vote your favorite three megas for each one.
I just realized that when I posted it. And I meant for more than one entry for the same Mega. A lot of them are very good, and it's gonna be hard to decide which one for each to vote for.

Okay, my votes so far are preplanned to go towards:

Rasdanation's Stoutland

VenomPulse's Arcanine

Coolman101's Mightyena

I wish I could add all of Kilgrave's versions as well. Entertaining entries, though sadly not as creative or probably as effective in battle as some of the other entries here. I have to vote for what I'd like to use the most in battle.

I might double check during the voting, so things are subject to change, since there are a lot of good entries. To those who have made it here so far: you're doing a good job!

Last edited:
I just realized that when I posted it. And I meant for more than one entry for the same Mega. A lot of them are very good, and it's gonna be hard to decide which one for each to vote for.

Rasdanation's Stoutland

VenomPulse's Arcanine

Coolman101's Mightyena

I wish I could add all of Kilgrave's versions as well. Entertaining entries, though sadly not as creative or probably as effective in battle as some of the other entries here. I have to vote for what I'd like to use the most in battle.

I might double check during the voting, so things are subject to change, since there are a lot of good entries. To those who have made it here so far: you're doing a good job!
You can vote for more than one, and up to 3 for each. You also can vote for yourself though not in the first slot. And the order of people you vote in gives them more votes. A person in the first slot gets 3 votes while a person in the last slot.

Also, in the mean time, lets suggest some slates, cuz I'm bored and have nothing better to do =P

Lets take a look at some pokemon that have little relevancy in the, Wait, who is that? slate:
1. Barboach(Wait, this thing has an evolution? Well then, lets do that) Wiscash
2. Phione (Similar design, worse stats, and serves no purpose when Manaphy is around)
3. Maractus (Pretty much everyone agrees that they have forgotten this thing at least once)

Rasdanation's Stoutland

VenomPulse's Arcanine

Coolman101's Mightyena

I might double check during the voting, since there are a lot of good entries, but it
You can vote for more than one, and up to 3 for each. You also can vote for yourself though not in the first slot. And the order of people you vote in gives them more votes. A person in the first slot gets 3 votes while a person in the last slot.
Looks like I'll be going back tomorrow, and pre-planning a more three tiered vote.

And there is no way I'm going to be the only weasel here who votes for their own entries!

I mean, sure I think mine should win, but that is only natural. I worked hard to make them good competitively. But it's only natural to find ones own entry favorable, and want it to win, but voting for ones own entries is a thin line, and that is why it in my experience isn't allowed or looked down upon. I intend to tread that line carefully, if at all.

And there is no way I'm going to be the only weasel here who votes for their own entries!

I mean, sure I think mine should win, but that is only natural. I worked hard to make them good competitively. But it's only natural to find ones own entry favorable, and want it to win, but voting for ones own entries is a thin line, and that is why it in my experience isn't allowed or looked down upon. I intend to tread that line carefully, if at all.
Normally, I make it so that I pick out one or two of my submissions that I feel more attached/dedicated to, and vote for that/those in the second or third place.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the lateness, everyone. Voting will start now.

acestriker19 (Mightyena)
Kilgrave (All Three)
Isa Simple (Mightyena)
Rasdanation (All Three)
Poison Search (Arcanine and Stoutland)
JES (Arcanine and Mightyena)
Yoshiblaze (All Three)
Laughing X-Naut (All Three)
LordBraixen (All Three)
VenomPulse (Arcanine and Mightyena)
CoolMan6001 (Mightyena and Stoutland)

JES, you need to choose one mega evolution for Arcanine.

VenomPulse, you need to change the stats and ability to match the limitations for Stoutland.

Voting will last two days, so get your votes in while you can.

Last edited:
Sorry for the lateness, everyone. Voting will start now.

acestriker19 (Mightyena)
Kilgrave (All Three)
Isa Simple (Mightyena)
Rasdanation (All Three)
Poison Search (Arcanine and Stoutland)
JES (Mightyena)
Yoshiblaze (All Three)
Laughing X-Naut (All Three)
LordBraixen (All Three)
VenomPulse (Arcanine and Mightyena)
CoolMan6001 (Mightyena and Stoutland)

JES, you need to choose one mega evolution for Arcanine.

VenomPulse, you need to change the stats and ability to match the limitations.

Voting will last two days, so get your votes in while you can.
Wait, I can't let voters choose between both of them? Ugh. Well, I guess I like Mooncanine better. If I had to choose, it'd be him, so if I have to, I'll delete Suncanine, unless voters are more interested in using him.

Last edited:
Nobody said you have to delete it, just lock it behind a spoiler tag.

Arcanine: VenomPulse, YoshiBlaze, Laughing X-Naut
Stoutland: Qplaz, PoisonSearch, Laughing X-Naut
Mightyena: Isa Simple, acestriker, CoolMan

Also PoisonSearch, I don't think anyone noticed this before, but your Mega Stoutland has five too many points in stats.

Okay, I'll do that. And if people do what you've been doing, I might need to vote for my own entries just to get them points.

Fixed the issue with Stoutland. Had 5 more points in Speed than it should've. Anyways, here's my votes:

Arcanine: VenomPulse, Kilgrave, Pika XTreme
Stoutland: Qplaz, PoisonSearch, VenomPulse
Mightyena: Laughing X-Naut ,JES, Rasdanation

Okay, my final vote tally:

Arcanine: VenomPulse, Laughing X-Naut, JES (I'm surprised nobody likes mine yet actually. Guess only I like bulky attackers, or I didn't give mine enough Attack)
Stoutland: Rasdagnation, VenomPulse, LordBraixen
Mightyena: Yoshiblaze, JES, Coolman6001

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage

Mega Arcanine
Ability:
Quick Feet
Typing: Fire
HP: 90 (+0)
Attack: 135 (+25)
Defense: 95 (+15)
Special Attack: 130 (+30)
Special Defense: 95 (+15)
Speed: 110 (+15)
Description: An all around monstrous mixed attacker. Decent speed and offenses paired with above average bulk and Intimidate. With an immunity to being burned and paralysis being somewhat helpful, status is not an effective way to deal with it.
Arcanine @ Arcaninite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: ? Atk / ? SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Wild Charge

Mega Stoutland
Ability:
Intimidate
Typing: Normal
HP: 85 (+0)
Attack: 140 (+30)
Defense: 130 (+40)
Special Attack: 50 (+5)
Special Defense: 110 (+20)
Speed: 85 (+5)
New Moves: Slack Off and Bulk Up
Description: Intimidate pre-mega + Intimidate post-mega means some serious pseudo bulk. Pair it's nice defenses, ability and access to sustain and you have yourself a nice wall. Or really, considering that it has 140 attack with a boosting option, tank would be more fitting.
Stoutland @ Stoutlandite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / ? Def / ? SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Bulk Up/Thunder Wave
- Return
- Crunch/Roar
Valmanway!!! You forgot my submission :c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)