Pet Mod Megas for All v6 (Slate 11 - Chandelure, Bisharp, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr)

Should we start metagame development?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
:ss/chandelure:
Mega Chandelure
Inkbug --> zxgzxg --> Ausma

:ss/bisharp:
Mega Bisharp
DrPumpkinz --> Ausma --> MossySandwich

:ss/gothitelle:
Mega Gothitelle
inkbug --> Ausma --> Kakaks

:ss/conkeldurr:
Mega Conkeldurr
Bitbitio --> Ausma --> MegaFlareon

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
:Chandelure: Chandelure; zxgzxg, inkbug, mossy sandwich

:bisharp: Bisharp; bitbitio, mossy sandwich, ausma

:gothitelle: Gothitelle; kakaks, ausma, inkbug

:conkeldurr: Conkeldurr; bitbitio, drpumpkinz, ausma

:chandelure:Sia Furler: MegaFlareon, inkbug, Mossy Sandwich
:bisharp:Kevin Eastman: MegaFlareon, zxgzxg, DrPumpkinz (chess joke ftw)
:gothitelle:Olivia Giordano: inkbug, inkbug, inkbug (seriously, it's far and away the best one) (if I can't vote for the same person three times, I also vote for superstrike66 in either slot two or three, depending on if I can vote for inkbug twice or only once)
:conkeldurr:Noriyuki Morita: Ausma, DrPumpkinz, MegaFlareon

:chandelure: Mega Chandelure: Mossy Sandwich, inkbug, zxgzxg
:bisharp: Mega Bisharp: BitBitio, Ausma, DrPumpkinz
:gothitelle: Mega Gothitelle: IsoCon, inkbug, Ausma
:conkeldurr: Mega Conkeldurr: BitBitio, Ausma, DrPumpkinz
Holy heck, there are so many good subs this time around!
I can't believe that I get to pick twelve of them and I can't even fit all of the ones I like! It's going to be very hard to go wrong no matter which ones end up winning, haha.

Mega Chandelure: zxgzxg, mossy sandwich, Ausma

Mega bisharp: BitBitio, drpumpkinz, war incarnate

Mega gothitelle: mossy sandwich, superstrike66, inkbug

Mega conkeldurr: drpumpkinz, mossy sandwich, allterrainven0moth

:chandelure: - inkbug, MegaFlareon, superstrike66
:bisharp: - zxgzxg, MegaFlareon, AllTerrainVen0moth
:gothitelle: - War Incarnate, Mateeus, superstrike66
:conkeldurr: - MegaFlareon, DrPumpkinz, superstrike66

Hello, everyone!! Sorry for the slight delay!

First, a small update on Dragon Heaven: the mod is now playable with the results of slate 9 and slate 10, so we're now in a testing period! Unfortunately, a handful of hiccups have already been discovered this time around - the newly added submissions aren't all working properly, so please be aware of a few things:
- :butterfree: Mega Butterfree should not be used yet! There is a server-crashing bug with its Ability, so please do not attempt to fight anyone with it on your team!
- :vanilluxe: Mega Vanilluxe (from slate 8) is still having a few problems with Cold Sweat, but I promise it'll be fixed next time! ;-;
- :jolteon: Mega Jolteon's Tempestuous Ability currently does not change the power of its Electric-type moves, but it does correctly raise Special Defense on entry when replacing a fainted ally. I have a fix in mind for this, so it'll be dealt with in the next update to the server along with the winning submissions from slate 11!
As far as we know, though, :vaporeon: Mega Vaporeon, :flareon: Mega Flareon, :slowking: Mega Slowking and :froslass: Mega Froslass are all working fine, so I hope you enjoy playing with these four new additions to the mod!!

Second, this is the end of the voting period, so it's time to announce the winners of slate 11!

The winning submission for :chandelure: Mega Chandelure is by inkbug!
:Chandelure:
Mega Chandelure
New Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator -> Nightmare Heart (If this Pokémon is KOed, the attacker is cursed, then permanently receives this Ability.)
New Typing:
Ghost/Fire (unchanged)

New Stats: 60/57/108/185/108/102
HP: 60
ATK: 55 --> 57 (+2)
DEF:
90 --> 108(+18)
SPA:
145 --> 185(+40)
SPD:
90 --> 108(+18)
SPE:
80 --> 102 (+22)

New Moves:
Mind Blown

Description: Okay, the ability is a long shot on this one, but I got the okay from Hematite to post this anyway-- he's got a draft version that he's pretty sure will work, it just might need some tweaks after testing it. He also approved the stat spread for this for me! As for describing it i... god i hardly even know where to start. okay. so.

This one was a real team effort, like three or four people helped iterate on it? The Ability concept was initially from my brother, who's been spectating the thread and doing some teambuilding on his own. I think he meant it as a joke but Hematite and i really liked it and thought it had a lot of fascinating potential, especially if we could make sure that the Pokemon that gained the ability didn't lose it upon switching out, so it just looms over the entire rest of the battle, being passed around like some sort of nightmarish hot potato. Or like... like a chandelier of Damocles? I dunno, this metaphor is getting out of hand ANYWAY --

Chandelure is something of a quite-literally-partially-made-of glass cannon in my experience (I ran mine with a focus sash, haha) and unlike how i usually take something super frail and bulk it up somewhat, well, I did still do that, but, the ability instead leans into that frailty by assuming that Chandelure will be taken out pretty early. It basically ensures that anything that tries to set up in its presence won't be able to stay in for long, as well as cutting out many helpful abilities. It hits real hard, Hematite also gave the recommendation of Mind Blown he said it would be balanced and i trust him but using it is hazardous to you as well, since if you're not careful your opponent could pass it back to you!

I can't think of anything else to say about this rn! so uhhh. yeah. chandelure huh amiright?
this chandelure is definitely not a clever reference. please pay no mind to my signature or my pagebreak images or my icon on discord.

The winning submission for :bisharp: Mega Bisharp is by DrPumpkinz!
:ss/bisharp:
Mega Bisharp
Type:
Dark/Steel
Ability: Executioner (Attacks against Pokemon with ≤50% HP get powered up by 1.5x, think a toned down Brine effect on every attack)
Stats:
HP: 65
Att: 145 (+20)
Def: 110 (+10)
SpA: 90 (+30)
SpD: 90 (+20)
Spe: 90 (+20)​

"This pitiless Pokémon commands a group of Pawniard to hound prey into immobility. It then moves in to finish the prey off."
--- Black 2 & White 2

As we've seen, Bisharp is hard to make not busted. I got around this by giving a pretty small-ish Attack boost (weaker than Black Glasses by default), dumping a modest boost onto Special Attack, and not giving it an ability that immediately boosts power. But if your opponent has Bisharp and you let yourself get chipped down, watch out. It was already a good cleaner with powerful Sucker Punches, but now it probably won't even need to Swords Dance to cleave through a weakened team.

The winning submission for :gothitelle: Mega Gothitelle is also by inkbug!
:Gothitelle:
Mega Gothitelle
New Ability: Frisk/Competitive/Shadow Tag -> Magic Guard
New Typing: Psychic/Steel

New Stats: 70/55/120/130/150/65
HP: 70
ATK: 55 --> 55 (--)
DEF:
95 --> 120 (+25)
SPA:
95 --> 130 (+35)
SPD:
110 --> 150 (+40)
SPE:
65 --> 65 (--)

New Moves:
Wish, Teleport, Doom Desire, Flash Cannon

Description: Not to keep making bulky Wish-passer Megas buuuuut--

So Gothitelle's flavor is all about seeing the future and stuff right? I usually don't go into flavor a whole lot with my subs, but I really love the contrast between its Gen 8 dex entries:
It has tremendous psychic power, but it dislikes conflict. It's also able to predict the future based on the movement of the stars.A criminal who was shown his fate by a Gothitelle went missing that same day and was never seen again.I initially was gonna be like haha, theyre so contradictory! but actually, gothitelle Desiring Doom on someone who causes conflict actually kinda lines up?

AHEM anyway, stars, seeing the future, wanting to stay out of direct conflict, et cetera, all very wish passer-y/Future Sight abuser-y! So I've given it the tools to do that, I hope. Its defensive typing is improved significantly with the addition of Steel, which it borrows from Jirachi as well as the move Doom Desire. Gothitelle is unfortunately going to be passing smaller Wishes than Jirachi, but its increased defenses and Special Attack stat make it better at the act of being a defensive pivot with disruptive pressure from Future Sight/Doom Desire, as well as an ability that doesn't encourage it to run flinchhax builds instead that eases hazard damage from its role of switching in and out of battle.

Finally, the winning submission for :conkeldurr: Mega Conkeldurr is also by DrPumpkinz!
:ss/conkeldurr:
Mega Conkeldurr
Type:
Fighting
Ability: Long Reach
Stats:
HP: 105
Att: 190 (+50)
Def: 125 (+30)
SpA: 65 (+10)
SpD: 85 (+20)
Spe: 35 (-10)​

The energy from Mega Evolution pours into the concrete, turning it into what looks like a robotic exoskeleton, but is actually just regular armor because Conkeldurr is jacked as all hell and can move this giant concrete suit with its own strength.

but made of concrete
Mega Conkeldurr ties Mega Mewtwo X for the highest Attack stat of any Pokemon, but since it's giving up Guts, it ends up being slightly weaker than regular Conkeldurr. In return, it gains solid defensive stats to support its great HP, and can lay waste to physical walls like Ferrothorn, Hippowdon, and Tangrowth without fear of Iron Barbs or Rocky Helmet (because Conk isn't actually touching them, just the mech).

Huge congratulations to the winners!!

I also want to say how grateful I am to everyone who participated: thank you guys for making such amazing submissions!!
It was fantastic to see this slate unfold - I feel like everyone really outdid themselves this time, and our newcomers really showed off a ton of creativity!!
I hope everyone here keeps going and we can have fantastic subs like this every time - this slate in particular was one that I thought would be super hard, since so many of these Pokémon are already strong and face steeper competition from their base forms, but the number of people who stepped up to the challenge and made original and well-balanced subs that could stand apart from their base forms in unique ways was staggering!
Everyone did an amazing job!!

(Also tagging inkbug to post the wonderful table he made tallying the votes!)

Finally, based on the results of this week's slate poll, the next slate will be :gigalith: Gigalith, :reuniclus: Reuniclus and :boltund: Boltund, as suggested by ChoiceScarfed!
That said, we won't begin the submission phase just yet - there's actually an important bit of news regarding the future of Megas for All, so stay tuned for an update from one of the moderators of the Pet Mods forum! C:

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Aaaaand the votes are in for slate 11!

:Chandelure: Chandelure: inkbug
:chandelure:superstrike66MegaFlareonkakakszxgzxginkbugMossy SandwichAusmaAllTerrainVen0moth
3-point votesdr, zxg, kakaks,war, inkbug, JTD,moss, ausma, mateeus,hema,bit,flareon,
2-point votesmateeus,ausma, zxg,inkbug, bit, dr, hema, kakaks,moss, flareon, JTD,war,
1-point voteswar, zxg, mateeus,bit,moss, hema,flareon,inkbug, dr,ausma, JTD, kakaks,
Total311115201183

:Bisharp: Bisharp: DrPumpkinz
:Bisharp:super-strike66Mega
Flareon
War IncarnatekakakszxgzxgMossy SandwichIsoConBitBitioAusmaMateeusDrPumpkinzAllTerrain
Ven0moth
3-point votesdr,kakaks,bit,mateeus,flareon,ink, hema, JTD,moss,ausma, zxg,war,
2-point votesmateeus,kakaks,dr, zxg,moss, ink,bit,war, ausma, hema,flareon, JTD,
1-point votesJTD,moss, war,ausma,kakaks,ink, zxg,flareon,bit, dr, hema,mateeus,
TOTAL54595411111134

:Gothitelle: Gothitelle: inkbug
:Gothitelle:ChoiceScarfedsuperstrike66MegaFlareonWar IncarnatekakaksinkbugMossy SandwichIsoConAusmaMateeus
3-point votesmateeus,ink,ausma, bit, dr,JTD,moss, hema,zxg, kakaks,war, flareon,
2-point votesdr, JTD,war,kakaks,hema,moss, bit,flareon, ausma, ink,zxg, mateeus,
1-point voteszxg, mateus,kakaks,moss,ausma, bit,war, ink, JTD,flareon,hema,
TOTAL616714771310

:Conkeldurr: Conkeldurr: DrPumpkinz
:Conkeldurr:ChoiceScarfedsuperstrike66DrPumpkinzMegaFlareonkakaksBitBitioMossy SandwichAusmaAllTerrainVen0moth
3-point votesflareon, bit, JTD,kakaks, mateeus,moss, ausma, ink, hema,war, dr, zxg,
2-point votesink, dr, mateeus,flareon, zxg,kakaks,bit,moss, war, JTD,ausma, hema,
1-point votesbit, kakaks, mateeus,ausma, hema,war, dr,flareon, zxg,moss, ink,JTD,
TOTAL317124146151

Congrats to DrPumpkinz ! and thanks to everyone for making so many awesome submissions ??? This was an amazing slate! I hope all you really cool newcomers stick around to see the next phases of the mod and continue to liven everything up with your cool ideas :D
(And of course shout out to all the other regulars too !!! the creativity on display in this one was amazing, if I had my way there woulda been like ten winners :’D)

Last edited:
Hmmm, what am I going to do for Gigalith? Maybe the Pokedex will have some inspiration for me.
Compressing the energy from its internal core lets it fire off an attack capable of blowing away a mountain.
The solar energy absorbed by its body's orange crystals is magnified internally and fired from its mouth.
The solar rays it absorbs are processed in its energy core and fired as a ball of light.
The blasts of energy it makes from sunbeams have terrifying power. However, it's not able to fire its blasts at night or on rainy days.
When it fires off energy with all its might, the power creates countless fissures on its body.
It absorbs rays of sunlight and shoots out energy. It's usually lurking deep beneath the surface.
Although its energy blasts can blow away a dump truck, they have a limitation—they can only be fired when the sun is out.

Huh. Alright then.

:ss/gigalith:
Mega Gigalith
Type:
Rock
Ability: Drought
Stats:
HP: 85​
Att: 95 (-40)​
Def: 130​
SpA: 170 (+110)​
SpD: 110 (+30)​
Spe: 25​

I know I lowered an offensive stat. Hear me out. Much like Mega Diancie or my old Mega Cinderace submission, this is a role reversal. If you were to swap the Attack and Special Attack of Mega Gigalith, you'll find that they're both just +35 from their original values (135->170, 60->95). So there's no cheating the system to get free stat points here.

Anyway, Mega Gigalith makes for an interesting special attacker. Its primary STAB of Power Gem isn't all that impressive at 80 base power, but it's got some nice coverage in Earth Power, Solar Beam, and Weather Ball (if only Meteor Beam's charge turn could be skipped without a Power Herb). It can also use its titanic Defense or still-decent Attack to muscle past premier special wall Blissey with Body Press or Superpower (both will require some investment to deal more than 50%).

Since it has Sand Stream as a starting ability, Mega Gigalith can play an interesting role on sun teams as a secondary setter. If sun is still up but is just about to run out, Gigalith can clear it away with Sand Stream before refreshing it with Drought. It's the Tyranitar + Mega Charizard Y combo but in a single Pokemon.

In terms of flavor, Mega Gigalith has built up more solar energy than it can contain, so the energy radiates from it constantly (it's a better explanation than most weather setters get). Its head and torso now point forward instead of up, and energy glows from inside its mouth, making it resemble a laser cannon that's about to fire.
megalith.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)