Pet Mod Megas for All v6 (Slate 11 - Chandelure, Bisharp, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr)

Should we start metagame development?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've lurked for a while. This looks pretty fun.

Mega Conkeldurr
Fighting->Fighting/Steel
Guts/Iron Fist/No Guard->Decelerate- At the end of every turn, speed lowers by one stat stage and attack goes up by one. (Speed Boost clone- kinda, might need help coding.)
Stats:
HP: 105->105
Attack: 140->140 (+0)
Defense: 95->95 (+0)
Special Attack: 55->55 (+0)
Special Defense: 65->80 (+15)
Speed: 45->130 (+85)
New moves: Gyro Ball, Meteor Mash, Stealth Rock, Bullet Punch

So here's the deal. Conkeldurr has always stood out to me as an immensely strong wallbreaker that is lacking in the speed department. I wanted to make a mega that also has this concept as a competitive base, but executes it differently. The given stat changes make Conkeldurr far faster than before and capable of sweeping much more effectively since not only can it now dish out strong hits, but it can now outpace and kill offensive threats as well. Additionally, Conk is bulkier and has a better defensive typing, allowing it to tank more hits as well. This comes at a cost, however. First, compared to Guts Conk, he loses a ton of power. Second, the ability. Conk's ability ensures that even though he may be outspeeding key threats turn 1, he gets slower and slower, meaning that stuff like Vish, Cinderace, and other attackers suddenly become counters to Conk who gets outsped and revenge killed. Not all is bad here, though. Conk also gets an attack boost every turn, so he becomes more threatening as time goes on. I opted to not give Conk any more priority so he doesn't become unkillable (added Bullet Punch as a trade after I had to fix him so disregard), as Mach Punch takes several turns to become truly scary and even then he is kinda helpless against fast Ghosts with the right coverage. Steel typing ultimately was added to increase longevity, and give Conk a new STAB to replace Facade, which was commonly run as coverage on Guts sets. Meteor Mash is a flavor pick, while Gyro Ball can be used to abuse Decelerate. Also, I gave him rocks because he's good at forcing switches. The way he is designed means that he doesn't really work under Trick Room because it takes him several turns to be a monster there, and by then TR has already worn off. And yes, I am aware that I lowered Special Attack a ton so I could add more to other stats but honestly given the detriments of now being weak to common types like Fire, Fighting, and Ground on top of Deceleration, I think it's fine. All in all, I'd say he's balanced.

Sample set for fun:
Mega Conkeldurr
Ability: Iron Fist/Guts (Neither really helps... I guess you can run Iron Fist to revenge with Mach Punch and Mega evolve the next turn, or you can run Guts if you get statused on switch in so you can abuse it and play like normal Conk would. Just don't run No Guard so attacks might miss on switch.
Jolly Nature (calc'd it and Mega Conk outspeeds base Conk at -2 if base Conk runs Adamant while also being at +2 attack... also you speed tie with 252+ base 70 mons at -1 so probably run Jolly always idk)
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Move 1: Meteor Mash/Close Combat/Hammer Arm
Move 2: Mach Punch
Move 3: Knock Off
Move 4: Bullet Punch/EQ/Stone Edge/Stealth Rock/fighting STAB
I figured that Close Combat doesn't go very well with Decelerate so yeah

Last edited:
I've lurked for a while. This looks pretty fun.

Mega Conkeldurr
Fighting->Fighting/Steel
Guts/Iron Fist/No Guard->Decelerate- At the end of every turn, speed lowers by one stat stage and attack goes up by one. (Speed Boost clone- kinda, might need help coding.)
Stats:
HP: 105->105
Attack: 140->165 (+25)
Defense: 95->105 (+10)
Special Attack: 55->15 (-40)
Special Defense: 65->85 (+20)
Speed: 45->130 (+85)
New moves: Gyro Ball, Meteor Mash, Stealth Rock

So here's the deal. Conkeldurr has always stood out to me as an immensely strong wallbreaker that is lacking in the speed department. I wanted to make a mega that also has this concept as a competitive base, but executes it differently. The given stat changes make Conkeldurr far faster than before and capable of sweeping much more effectively since not only can it now dish out strong hits, but it can now outpace and kill offensive threats as well. Additionally, Conk is bulkier and has a better defensive typing, allowing it to tank more hits as well. This comes at a cost, however. First, compared to Guts Conk, he loses a ton of power. Second, the ability. Conk's ability ensures that even though he may be outspeeding key threats turn 1, he gets slower and slower, meaning that stuff like Vish, Cinderace, and other attackers suddenly become counters to Conk who gets outsped and revenge killed. Not all is bad here, though. Conk also gets an attack boost every turn, so he becomes more threatening as time goes on. I opted to not give Conk any more priority so he doesn't become unkillable, as Mach Punch takes several turns to become truly scary and even then he is kinda helpless against fast Ghosts with the right coverage. Steel typing ultimately was added to increase longevity, and give Conk a new STAB to replace Facade, which was commonly run as coverage on Guts sets. Meteor Mash is a flavor pick, while Gyro Ball can be used to abuse Decelerate. Also, I gave him rocks because he's good at forcing switches. The way he is designed means that he doesn't really work under Trick Room because it takes him several turns to be a monster there, and by then TR has already worn off. And yes, I am aware that I lowered Special Attack a ton so I could add more to other stats but honestly given the detriments of now being weak to common types like Fire, Fighting, and Ground on top of Deceleration, I think it's fine.- All in all, I'd say he's balanced.

More to come
You aren't allowed to cheat the system by lowering the unused offensive stat to get extra points. The only mega that does that normally is Mega Beedrill, and they only does that because it's f***ing Beedrill.

You aren't allowed to cheat the system by lowering the unused offensive stat to get extra points. The only mega that does that normally is Mega Beedrill, and they only does that because it's f***ing Beedrill.
I’m aware. But you have to realize that it isn’t really cheating the system in this case. First, Conk loses a ton of power by not running Guts. Second, Decelerate means that he becomes easier and easier to revenge kill in exchange for power growth. Third, Steel typing ensures that top threats in the meta, stuff like Cinderace, Landorus, Vish, Pult, Lopunny, etc can easily kill it because they have means of killing it untouched after he slows down enough. Yeah it’s *technically* against the rules but it is balanced with other changes made in mind. So yeah

I’m aware. But you have to realize that it isn’t really cheating the system in this case. First, Conk loses a ton of power by not running Guts. Second, Decelerate means that he becomes easier and easier to revenge kill in exchange for power growth. Third, Steel typing ensures that top threats in the meta, stuff like Cinderace, Landorus, Vish, Pult, Lopunny, etc can easily kill it because they have means of killing it untouched after he slows down enough. Yeah it’s *technically* against the rules but it is balanced with other changes made in mind. So yeah
That's still technically cheating the 100 stat limit. First off, you're putting a lot of stats into speed and then some into bulk and attack power, all while lowering the unused special attack stat. If that doesn't manage to set off a "Do you not see a problem with this?" within your mind, take a look at the fact that literally none of the megas do this (yes I have been guilty of this before but that was before such a rule was in place), unless the mega in question would do exceptionally poor competitively due to the base having extremely bad stats across the board. The only time this was ever done was with Mega Beedrill and Mega Butterfree, and that was because their stat spreads were so bad that cheating the system would be necessary. Conkeldurr has none of these issues.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
:ss/Bisharp:
Mega Bisharp
Type:
Dark/Steel ---> Dark/Steel
Ability: Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure ---> Queenly Majesty
Stats:
HP: 65 ---> 65
Atk: 125 ---> 155 (+30)
Def: 100 ---> 120 (+20)
SpA: 60 ---> 60
SpD: 70 ---> 90 (+20)
Spe: 70 ---> 100 (+30)
Added Moves: Bullet Punch
Description: (It's a chess joke) With access to dual-STAB priority and Swords Dance, Bisharp becomes a fearsome priority sweeper. Queenly Majesty even prevents it from being out-prioritized itself, avoiding Mach Punches and Prankster Will-o-Wisp.

:ss/Chandelure:
Mega Chandelure
Type:
Ghost/Fire ---> Ghost/Fire
Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator ---> Soul Eater (When the user attacks, they recover 25% of the damage dealt)
Stats:
HP:
60 ---> 60
Atk: 55 ---> 55
Def: 90 ---> 100 (+10)
SpA: 145 ---> 175 (+30)
SpD: 90 ---> 110 (+20)
Spe: 80 ---> 120 (+40)
Added Moves: Focus Blast
Description: One of the main problems of Chandelure in OU is its weakness to Stealth Rocks (unless you use Heavy Duty Boots Chand ew), so to remedy this, I let Chandelure gain recovery whenever it attacks. Hematite pls help me ;-;

Last edited:

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
BitBitio , I know it's less fun, but you can probably get away with having no offense increase for it? Especially since its ability is going to be snowballing its Attack anyway. I'd be happy to brainstorm how to redo the stats in DMs or over the Discord if talking it over with someone would help? I'm sorry, the people in this thread tend to be huge sticklers for "rules as written", no matter how much sense it makes to bend them. :/

:Gothitelle:
Mega Gothitelle
New Ability: Frisk/Competitive/Shadow Tag -> Magic Guard
New Typing: Psychic/Steel

New Stats: 70/55/120/130/150/65
HP: 70
ATK: 55 --> 55 (--)
DEF:
95 --> 120 (+35)
SPA:
95 --> 130 (+35)
SPD:
110 --> 150 (+40)
SPE:
65 --> 65 (--)

New Moves:
Wish, Teleport, Doom Desire, Flash Cannon

Description: Not to keep making bulky Wish-passer Megas buuuuut--

So Gothitelle's flavor is all about seeing the future and stuff right? I usually don't go into flavor a whole lot with my subs, but I really love the contrast between its Gen 8 dex entries:
It has tremendous psychic power, but it dislikes conflict. It's also able to predict the future based on the movement of the stars.​
A criminal who was shown his fate by a Gothitelle went missing that same day and was never seen again.​
I initially was gonna be like haha, theyre so contradictory! but actually, gothitelle Desiring Doom on someone who causes conflict actually kinda lines up?

AHEM anyway, stars, seeing the future, wanting to stay out of direct conflict, et cetera, all very wish passer-y/Future Sight abuser-y! So I've given it the tools to do that, I hope. Its defensive typing is improved significantly with the addition of Steel, which it borrows from Jirachi as well as the move Doom Desire. Gothitelle is unfortunately going to be passing smaller Wishes than Jirachi, but its increased defenses and Special Attack stat make it better at the act of being a defensive pivot with disruptive pressure from Future Sight/Doom Desire, as well as an ability that doesn't encourage it to run flinchhax builds instead that eases hazard damage from its role of switching in and out of battle.

:Chandelure:
Mega Chandelure
New Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator -> Nightmare Heart (If this Pokémon is KOed, the attacker is cursed, then permanently receives this Ability.)
New Typing:
Ghost/Fire (unchanged)

New Stats: 60/57/108/185/108/102
HP: 60
ATK: 55 --> 57 (+2)
DEF:
90 --> 108(+18)
SPA:
145 --> 185(+40)
SPD:
90 --> 108(+18)
SPE:
80 --> 102 (+22)

New Moves:
Mind Blown

Description: Okay, the ability is a long shot on this one, but I got the okay from Hematite to post this anyway-- he's got a draft version that he's pretty sure will work, it just might need some tweaks after testing it. He also approved the stat spread for this for me! As for describing it i... god i hardly even know where to start. okay. so.

This one was a real team effort, like three or four people helped iterate on it? The Ability concept was initially from my brother, who's been spectating the thread and doing some teambuilding on his own. I think he meant it as a joke but Hematite and i really liked it and thought it had a lot of fascinating potential, especially if we could make sure that the Pokemon that gained the ability didn't lose it upon switching out, so it just looms over the entire rest of the battle, being passed around like some sort of nightmarish hot potato. Or like... like a chandelier of Damocles? I dunno, this metaphor is getting out of hand ANYWAY --

Chandelure is something of a quite-literally-partially-made-of glass cannon in my experience (I ran mine with a focus sash, haha) and unlike how i usually take something super frail and bulk it up somewhat, well, I did still do that, but, the ability instead leans into that frailty by assuming that Chandelure will be taken out pretty early. It basically ensures that anything that tries to set up in its presence won't be able to stay in for long, as well as cutting out many helpful abilities. It hits real hard, Hematite also gave the recommendation of Mind Blown he said it would be balanced and i trust him but using it is hazardous to you as well, since if you're not careful your opponent could pass it back to you!

I can't think of anything else to say about this rn! so uhhh. yeah. chandelure huh amiright?
this chandelure is definitely not a clever reference. please pay no mind to my signature or my pagebreak images or my icon on discord.
I WILL edit this post if i think of anything else to say about it or if I come up with a sub for any of the other three haha but I think this is good for now?
edit; added a link to the discord
edit 2; ended up deciding against the inclusion of steel beam, thank u drpumpkinz
edit 3; im just testing something, please disregard it
edit 4; added Chandelure sub!

Last edited:
That's still technically cheating the 100 stat limit. First off, you're putting a lot of stats into speed and then some into bulk and attack power, all while lowering the unused special attack stat. If that doesn't manage to set off a "Do you not see a problem with this?" within your mind, take a look at the fact that literally none of the megas do this (yes I have been guilty of this before but that was before such a rule was in place), unless the mega in question would do exceptionally poor competitively due to the base having extremely bad stats across the board. The only time this was ever done was with Mega Beedrill and Mega Butterfree, and that was because their stat spreads were so bad that cheating the system would be necessary. Conkeldurr has none of these issues.
Yeah I'm putting lot in speed. 85 whole points. That's a significant portion. But it gets lowered every turn. So not only is the speed boost a huge cost to the power budget, but said boost doesn't even help after like, turn 2. The lack of speed means that increased bulk is very valuable. So I also put points into defenses. And the loss of Guts means that he really appreciates a little more Attack because the Decelerate Attack boosts are so impractical. All of this left me with not enough for it to be any good at all so I cut Special Attack. Isn't it balanced? I think so.

*I'm not sure about the inclusion of Steel Beam. Its SpA is already balanced around not being completely broken for 140-BP moves like Doom Desire, but especially since Steel Beam would lose its recoil damage because of Magic Guard and Gothitelle has access to boosting moves, I'm not sure that's... wise?
But mainly I'm concerned with Steel Beam just downright outclassing Doom Desire when making movesets for it. I can see it being a useful alternative? But...
I dunno, let me know what you think. If in doubt leave it out!
I'd drop it, if only because it's basically Steel-type Draco Meteor in the sense that only Steel-types outside of battle can learn it, so Gothitelle shouldn't be able to learn it just like how Ampharos, Charizard, and Sceptile can't learn Draco Meteor.

Okay, just to weigh in on this:

BitBitio:
it is an actual rule, and it is necessary to follow it for your submission to be slated for the vote - that said, I would really like to see the sub fixed because it is probably my personal favorite Conkeldurr so far!
The thing is that the rule is not really meant as a balance constraint - you can easily make a Mega broken without breaking the explicit stat rules, and as we see here, you can easily make one balanced even when breaking them.
The actual concern is primarily one of optics and fitting realistically with canon Mega Evolutions - I think it would look really bad for the mod if we took a Pokémon that's already as strong as Conkeldurr and somehow ended up with a Mega for it that needed to minimize its Special Attack for 40 (!) extra points (even Beedrill only lost 30) to make it worth using.
With that in mind, although I agree that this doesn't look unhealthy from a balance perspective as you have it, I still think it would be best to follow the rules if you can. I second Inkbug that it's still perfectly good without raising Attack (after one turn, it already hits just as hard as Guts Conkeldurr while also being faster than it, which is a nice sweet spot for it to have; meanwhile, the Ability still grants it plenty of flexibility in acting as a good revenger on its first turn and slowly amassing more raw power as it stays on the field), so I'm sure you can rework the stats a bit to follow the rules and still end up with something worth using, and I am still going to ask you to do that.
That said!!! Stat concerns aside, I can confirm that your Ability is easy to do (and does count as a Speed Boost clone), so you don't have to do anything there! I'm the one who does coding for the mod, and that's definitely doable as it is. C:

inkbug and DrPumpkinz: one thing that might be noting is that we do have Zacian and Zamazenta, whose Crowned forms are in-battle-only and require held items like Mega Evolutions (they do not assume those forms outside of battle even with the appropriate item), and they can actually learn Steel Beam regardless of their form or held item. It seems like it might just be different from Draco Meteor in that respect! If that was purely meant as a flavor concern, I don't think there's any reason not to allow it!
(That said, inkbug and I were talking it over, and while I'm definitely convinced that it would be fine balance-wise, it might be nice if someone who knew better than me could weigh in on how it compares to Doom Desire and whether it will outclass it too much for Doom Desire to be worth running? I think they're functionally distinct enough that that shouldn't be a problem, as Doom Desire is an excellent form of team support and helps with controlling tempo, which I think is a worthwhile tradeoff - I would probably prefer to run Doom Desire myself - buuut I'm not confident enough in that answer, and I don't want to be wrong and end up being the reason it doesn't run Doom Desire, haha.)

And now on to actual balance concerns--​

War Incarnate:
You're definitely gonna have to nerf your Bisharp. Knock Off is already among the most spammable, least punishable moves in the entire game - it all but guarantees significant, permanent progress even if it's resisted or its damage is mitigated any other way. When using Knock Off or any other Dark-type move, your Mega Bisharp, compared to base Bisharp, is hitting as hard as if it were holding Black Glasses and a Choice Band at the same time, and it also has an insanely good Speed tier, a strong priority move and Swords Dance to sweep. I think this is unquestionably more broken than ChoiceScarfed's Bisharp in every way (side note: yours using Knock Off hits ~96% as hard as theirs using Wicked Blow anyway, while also... y'know... being Knock Off instead of Wicked Blow and having all of the advantages that come with that, and also being way faster), and Imperial already vetoed that one...

Lastly, ChoiceScarfed: while I don't fully agree with the specific stat comparisons Imperial made in his post and I really don't think that alone would be grounds for a veto, and I've attempted to explain to him why these Pokémon aren't really comparable to one another at all (except perhaps Wicked Blow - yours actually really does hit even harder than Banded Urshifu with it, even without actually being Banded), I do think it's obvious that you simply aren't interested in making balanced submissions, and I'm going to back Imperial up that at least your Mega Chandelure should not be slated for the reasons I've previously stated. I'm admittedly of two minds about Bisharp (at least it's not War Incarnate's), but it does improve on its already-good base form to an excessive degree offensively and defensively - you're just going all-out in getting as much raw power as you possibly can - so I think I support him in that as well.
That aside, your Mega Gothitelle flagrantly abuses the idea of Water Bubble with no regard for why that or any comparable Ability might have been balanced in the past (in your case, since you're not even limiting it to one type, you could also liken it to Huge Power and Pure Power... while also halving one of its only two weaknesses...) while also almost specifically throwing every last bit of feedback you've received out the window. Which uh. Pretty much leaves no doubt in my mind that you're just trolling, yeah.
The only one of your subs that doesn't seem to deserve a veto is Conkeldurr... and even then, I refuse to make a new Ability just so you can give Sticky Hold to your Mega Evolution. @.@

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Pet mods seem really interesting and I think I'll start posting in them!

:ss/chandelure:

Mega Chandelure
New Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator ----> No Guard
New Typing: Ghost/Fire

New Stats: 60/70/100/175/115/100

HP: 60 ----> 60 (+0)
Attack: 55 ----> 70 (+15)
Defense: 90 ----> 100 (+10)
Special Attack: 145 ----> 175 (+30)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 115 (+25)
Speed: 80 ----> 100 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 520 ----> 620 (+100)
New Moves: Hypnosis
Description: A few of chandelure's pokedex entries talk about it being able to hypnotize people so that's exactly what mega-chandelure is gonna do! By putting the whole field under an hypnotic trance, it makes pokemons unable to dodge moves with No Guard. It also gains hypnosis because I can't not give it and it goes well with No Guard.

:ss/bisharp:

Mega Bisharp
New Ability: Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure ----> To the Death (Activates No Retreat status when you gain this ability/switch-in)
New Typing: Fighting/Steel

New Stats: 65/170/100/60/70/125

HP: 65 ----> 65 (+0)
Attack: 125 ----> 170 (+45)
Defense: 100 ----> 100 (+0)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 60 (+0)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 70 (+0)
Speed: 70 ----> 125 (+55)
Base Stat Total: 490 ----> 590
New Moves: Sacred Sword, Close Combat
Description: Pawniard's name is based off "Pawn" and Bisharp's, "Bishop". Mega Bisharp now takes inspiration from a third chess piece: the knight. With this, it drops the dark type and gains a more noble-like fighting type. Its ability represents how a knight would die for his king. Finally it gets sacred swords and close combat as good fighting stabs. It's obviously a very strong pokemon but its ability will punish you pretty hard if you use it recklessly.

:ss/conkeldurr:

Mega Conkeldurr
New Ability: Guts/Sheer Force/Iron Fist ----> Rock Wall (Immune to crits, takes 3/4 damage from super effective moves (Battle Armor+Solid Rock clone))
New Typing: Fighting/Rock

New Stats: 105/140/145/55/115/45

HP: 105 ----> 105 (+0)
Attack: 140 ----> 140 (+0)
Defense: 95 ----> 145 (+50)
Special Attack: 55 ----> 55 (+0)
Special Defense: 65 ----> 115 (+50)
Speed: 45 ----> 45 (+0)
Base Stat Total: 505 ----> 605
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Iron Defense, Body Press
Description: Behold Conkeldurr's latest construction: a wall! It uses this wall to gain the rock typing, its ability and its high defenses. Stealth Rock comes from the rock type, iron defense and body press from the high defense part. In a way, it's similar to mega-aggron (except Aggron didn't get defog).

:ss/gothitelle:

Mega Gothitelle
New Ability: Frisk/Competitive/Shadow Tag ----> Third Eye (Psychic moves hit dark types neutrally and have an extra 1.5x base power (Scrappy and Steely Spirit clone))
New Typing: Psychic

New Stats: 70/55/110/160/130/65

HP: 70 ----> 70 (+0)
Attack: 55 ----> 55 (+0)
Defense: 95 ----> 110 (+15)
Special Attack: 95 ----> 160 (+65)
Special Defense: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Speed: 65 ----> 65 (+0)
Base Stat Total: 490 ----> 590
New Moves: Mind Reader
Description: With Gothitelle's pokedex entries going on about how it can predict the future, I decided to make it a fortune teller. In this form, Gothitelle's psychic power are incredibly powerful and allow it to completely ignore the dark typing. It also gives it a really high special attack as well as a boost to its psychic type moves. Mind reader also comes from the fortune telling part. This pokemon is meant to be an unwallable wallbreaker kind of like mega-mawile though its speed is low so it shouldn't be a big problem if you have a powerful attacker with decent speed.

Last edited:
:ss/chandelure:

Mega Chandelure
New Ability: Flash Fire/Flame Body/Infiltrator ----> No Guard
New Typing: Ghost/Fire

New Stats: 60/70/100/175/115/100

HP: 60 ----> 60 (+0)
Attack: 55 ----> 70 (+15)
Defense: 90 ----> 100 (+10)
Special Attack: 145 ----> 175 (+30)
Special Defense: 90 ----> 115 (+25)
Speed: 80 ----> 100 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 520 ----> 620 (+100)
New Moves: Hypnosis, Focus Blast
Description: A few of chandelure's pokedex entries talk about it being able to hypnotize people so that's exactly what mega-chandelure is gonna do! By putting the whole field under an hypnotic trance, it makes pokemons unable to dodge moves with No Guard. It also gains hypnosis because I can't not give it and Focus Blast is a good coverage move that goes well with No Guard.
I feel like Hypnosis and Focus Blast might be too much. It's already got Inferno to abuse No Guard with.

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
I feel like Hypnosis and Focus Blast might be too much. It's already got Inferno to abuse No Guard with.
You're right. I forgot about Inferno when making the mega. I removed Focus Blast since I really don't see myself removing hypnosis. Also, I decided to let bisharp have close combat because it's probably not as strong as I initially thought it would be.

Last edited:
gothitelle.gif

Mega Gothitelle

Ability:
Frisk/Competitive/Shadow Tag -> Magical Force (Gale Wings (old) Clone; all Psychic type moves have +1 priority)
Typing: Psychic/Dark

Stats:
HP: 70
Atk: 55 -> 65 (+10)
Def: 95 -> 110 (+15)
SpA: 95 -> 130 (+35)
SpD: 110 -> 135 (+25)
Spe: 65 -> 80 (+15)
BST: 490 -> 590 (+100)

New Moves: Teleport, Knock Off

Flavour: Mega Gothitelle is more or less just extra Gothitelle if that means anything, it doesn't really have any major changes, although the 'discs' on its head become longer and act like ways of absorbing magic for extra power (hence ability). It shares some themes with my Mega Bisharp (although they aren't built to be in a duo), those being part-dark, ability ending with force and one ability giving boosted priority while the other drops it (they also both have a BST of 590 but that wasn't a choice of mine).

Competitive: Mega Gothitelle is extremely threatening and can force out most Pokémon with the threat of a priority psychic move knocking it out. It also has STAB Dark Pulse for some damage along with Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam and Thunderbolt for coverage. However it also functions extremely well support wise, being able to set up priority screens, has Heal Bell, has Magic Coat and priority Hypnosis, while also being able to threaten a sweep with priority Calm Mind/Cosmic Power (no recovery though). Oh and you might be able to run priority Gravity. It can also use Knock Off/Foul Play in a supportive role. However, its 4x weakness to U-Turn leaves it often lacking longevity or may not be able to come in often due to the risk of it. Oh and technically speaking it also has priority Rest which defeats the problem of no recovery but Rest is Rest so uh....

bisharp.gif

Mega Bisharp

Ability: Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure -> Iron Force (Contact Moves have 1.5x power but -1 priority)
Typing: Steel/Dark

Stats:
HP: 65
Atk: 125 -> 145 (+20)
Def: 100 -> 125 (+25)
SpA: 60 -> 75 (+15)
SpD: 70 -> 110 (+40)
Spe: 70
BST: 490 -> 590 (+100)

New Moves: Close Combat

Flavour: Again, not too adventurous aha. Mega Bisharp becomes a lot more weighted, large and clunky, albeit with much sharper edges (haha edgy) and longer arms and 'claws'. It shares some themes with my Mega Gothitelle (although they aren't built to be in a duo), those being part-dark, ability ending with force and one ability giving boosted priority while the other drops it (they also both have a BST of 590 but that wasn't a choice of mine).

Competitive: Mega Bisharp's ability in Iron Force allows it to smack a majority of the meta extremely hard, threatening to hit things coming in with Knock Off/Iron Head, while also being able to force something out and then hit it with a ridiculously strong Pursuit. It also isn't required to Mega Evolve straight away, as it can threaten things with Sucker Punch (0 priority after Mega Evolving) as well as potentially getting a Defiant boost. However, its ability also hurts it as it means it can't even threaten a priority move on certain Pokemon, meaning it can't say even put some chip onto Mega Lop or other Pokemon who can OHKO and are faster than base 70. Something that's also a problem is that it is predictable in its moveset, almost being forced to run Knock Off/Sucker Punch/Pursuit/Iron Head.

JavaScript:
magicalforce: {
        onModifyPriority(priority, pokemon, target, move) {
            if (move?.type === 'Psychic') return priority + 1;
        },
},
ironforce: {
        onBasePowerPriority: 21,
        onBasePower(basePower, attacker, defender, move) {
            if (move.flags['contact']) {
                return this.chainModify(1.5);
            }
        },
        onModifyPriority(priority, pokemon, target, move) {
            if (move.flags ['contact']) return priority - 1;
        },
},

I have a feeling I messed up the second one so let me know if I did! Thanks in advance, I think if that doesn't work something using like Sheer Force's code might work? But it's late so

Last edited:
Also adding this: you gave Mega Bisharp +20 in Attack yet you give him Wicked Blow. Urshifu-S is banned from National Dex, and having a higher Attack stat than it and getting Urshifu-S makes it even more of a broken Pokémon, since it get x2 STAB bonus from Adaptablity and always landing a crit.

I’m sadly going to have to veto your Mega Bisharp, meaning it will be excluded from voting. Tag me if you have made some changes and I’ll be happy to unveto.

I’m also going to veto your Mega Chandelure ChoiceScarfed since its offenses and bulk are even greater than freaking Kyogre. It even has the same SpA stat has Primal Kyogre and Mega Rayquaza. Change the stats and I’ll unveto.
Made it faster in exchange for SpA. Still really bulky, but doesn't hit as hard.

Okay, just to weigh in on this:

BitBitio:
it is an actual rule, and it is necessary to follow it for your submission to be slated for the vote - that said, I would really like to see the sub fixed because it is probably my personal favorite Conkeldurr so far!
The thing is that the rule is not really meant as a balance constraint - you can easily make a Mega broken without breaking the explicit stat rules, and as we see here, you can easily make one balanced even when breaking them.
The actual concern is primarily one of optics and fitting realistically with canon Mega Evolutions - I think it would look really bad for the mod if we took a Pokémon that's already as strong as Conkeldurr and somehow ended up with a Mega for it that needed to minimize its Special Attack for 40 (!) extra points (even Beedrill only lost 30) to make it worth using.
With that in mind, although I agree that this doesn't look unhealthy from a balance perspective as you have it, I still think it would be best to follow the rules if you can. I second Inkbug that it's still perfectly good without raising Attack (after one turn, it already hits just as hard as Guts Conkeldurr while also being faster than it, which is a nice sweet spot for it to have; meanwhile, the Ability still grants it plenty of flexibility in acting as a good revenger on its first turn and slowly amassing more raw power as it stays on the field), so I'm sure you can rework the stats a bit to follow the rules and still end up with something worth using, and I am still going to ask you to do that.
That said!!! Stat concerns aside, I can confirm that your Ability is easy to do (and does count as a Speed Boost clone), so you don't have to do anything there! I'm the one who does coding for the mod, and that's definitely doable as it is. C:

inkbug and DrPumpkinz: one thing that might be noting is that we do have Zacian and Zamazenta, whose Crowned forms are in-battle-only and require held items like Mega Evolutions (they do not assume those forms outside of battle even with the appropriate item), and they can actually learn Steel Beam regardless of their form or held item. It seems like it might just be different from Draco Meteor in that respect! If that was purely meant as a flavor concern, I don't think there's any reason not to allow it!
(That said, inkbug and I were talking it over, and while I'm definitely convinced that it would be fine balance-wise, it might be nice if someone who knew better than me could weigh in on how it compares to Doom Desire and whether it will outclass it too much for Doom Desire to be worth running? I think they're functionally distinct enough that that shouldn't be a problem, as Doom Desire is an excellent form of team support and helps with controlling tempo, which I think is a worthwhile tradeoff - I would probably prefer to run Doom Desire myself - buuut I'm not confident enough in that answer, and I don't want to be wrong and end up being the reason it doesn't run Doom Desire, haha.)

And now on to actual balance concerns--​

War Incarnate:
You're definitely gonna have to nerf your Bisharp. Knock Off is already among the most spammable, least punishable moves in the entire game - it all but guarantees significant, permanent progress even if it's resisted or its damage is mitigated any other way. When using Knock Off or any other Dark-type move, your Mega Bisharp, compared to base Bisharp, is hitting as hard as if it were holding Black Glasses and a Choice Band at the same time, and it also has an insanely good Speed tier, a strong priority move and Swords Dance to sweep. I think this is unquestionably more broken than ChoiceScarfed's Bisharp in every way (side note: yours using Knock Off hits ~96% as hard as theirs using Wicked Blow anyway, while also... y'know... being Knock Off instead of Wicked Blow and having all of the advantages that come with that, and also being way faster), and Imperial already vetoed that one...

Lastly, ChoiceScarfed: while I don't fully agree with the specific stat comparisons Imperial made in his post and I really don't think that alone would be grounds for a veto, and I've attempted to explain to him why these Pokémon aren't really comparable to one another at all (except perhaps Wicked Blow - yours actually really does hit even harder than Banded Urshifu with it, even without actually being Banded), I do think it's obvious that you simply aren't interested in making balanced submissions, and I'm going to back Imperial up that at least your Mega Chandelure should not be slated for the reasons I've previously stated. I'm admittedly of two minds about Bisharp (at least it's not War Incarnate's), but it does improve on its already-good base form to an excessive degree offensively and defensively - you're just going all-out in getting as much raw power as you possibly can - so I think I support him in that as well.
That aside, your Mega Gothitelle flagrantly abuses the idea of Water Bubble with no regard for why that or any comparable Ability might have been balanced in the past (in your case, since you're not even limiting it to one type, you could also liken it to Huge Power and Pure Power... while also halving one of its only two weaknesses...) while also almost specifically throwing every last bit of feedback you've received out the window. Which uh. Pretty much leaves no doubt in my mind that you're just trolling, yeah.
The only one of your subs that doesn't seem to deserve a veto is Conkeldurr... and even then, I refuse to make a new Ability just so you can give Sticky Hold to your Mega Evolution. @.@
Um, how is gothitelle OP but Mega Rillaboom not? Any ways, I nerfed them. All of them.

STOP, Imperial. Please leave this to me. You are not paying enough attention.

Made it faster in exchange for SpA. Still really bulky, but doesn't hit as hard.
You gave it a base Speed of 125, and it still hits harder than Mega Camerupt with Fire Blast.
So no.
Um, how is gothitelle OP but Mega Rillaboom not?
Do you mean before or after you edited it? That is, do you mean the Gothitelle you had a moment ago - the one that had a "Water Bubble clone" that doubled the power of its Psychic- and Ghost-type moves and halved the power of Dark-type moves used against it, which is obviously what I was talking about in my post - or the one you added in between these two posts of yours and are pretending I should have taken into account many hours before it existed, which uselessly has Serene Grace? And how does it have anything to do with Mega Rillaboom?
Type:
Max Darkness - Dark-type
Max Steelspike - Steel-type

Ability: Code Of Honor: This pokemon's attack is increased by 1.75, but it can't use status moves.
Stats
HP: 65 ----> 65
Attack: 125 ----> 150 (+25)
Defense: 100 ----> 132 (+32)
Special Attack: 60 ----> 60
Special Defense: 70 ----> 103 (+35)
Speed: 70 ----> 70
New Moves: None
:bisharp:
Your new Mega Bisharp is downright absurd and you should not need anyone to tell you why if you've read a word of anything that's been said to you so far.

In any case, I would prefer to be lenient where possible, but you specifically have given no reason for anyone to believe that you could be acting in good faith despite somehow toeing the line between obvious trolling and mere incompetence for this long, and now you're being downright duplicitous, between the constant unmentioned buffs you keep making alongside your "nerfs" and now editing to remove the context of previous criticism.
I see no reason for any of us to indulge you any further. Please just leave the mod alone.
And stop double-posting.
Honestly.

STOP, Imperial. Please leave this to me. You are not paying enough attention.

You gave it a base Speed of 125, and it still hits harder than Mega Camerupt with Fire Blast.
So no.

Do you mean before or after you edited it? That is, do you mean the Gothitelle you had a moment ago - the one that had a "Water Bubble clone" that doubled the power of its Psychic- and Ghost-type moves and halved the power of Dark-type moves used against it, which is obviously what I was talking about in my post - or the one you added in between these two posts of yours and are pretending I should have taken into account many hours before it existed, which uselessly has Serene Grace? And how does it have anything to do with Mega Rillaboom?

Your new Mega Bisharp is downright absurd and you should not need anyone to tell you why if you've read a word of anything that's been said to you so far.

In any case, I would prefer to be lenient where possible, but you specifically have given no reason for anyone to believe that you could be acting in good faith despite somehow toeing the line between obvious trolling and mere incompetence for this long, and now you're being downright duplicitous, between the constant unmentioned buffs you keep making alongside your "nerfs" and now editing to remove the context of previous criticism.
I see no reason for any of us to indulge you any further. Please just leave the mod alone.
And stop double-posting.
Honestly.
Mega Camerupt has the same Spa as base form chandelure, Mega Rillaboom get's UNLIMMITED base 91.whatever physical priority, but it's still allowed in OU, Mega Bisharp... Loses access to swords dance? I guess it still is really overpowered...

Mega Camerupt has the same Spa as base form chandelure, Mega Rillaboom get's UNLIMMITED base 91.whatever physical priority, 165 physical attack, and it's allowed in OU, and... Yeah mega bisharps overpowered, but I guess... Mega Lucario?
ok this is getting out of hand! either you shut up and actually listen to their feedback about your sub being broken, or you leave the mod! I'm sick of this bullcrap, and if you and ImperialGamer and Hematite won't shut up about this I'm leaving the council! This has gone way, way, too far and I'm sick of this! (now yes I was guilty of my Bisharp being incredibly broken before but I fixed it)

Anyways, since I seem to be horrible at creating balanced megas, I'll try to create slate ideas.
What do you mean these aren't legendaries?: Volcorona, Rotom, and Relicanth.
Pokemon that's counterparts are getting mega's but not getting any themself: Boltund (Theivul), Gigalith (Conkeldurr), Reunicus (Goth-however you spell it)

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
oh my god, what do i have to do to get you guys to have these arguments in the discord instead? ImperialGamer517, that's not a good reason to disregard Hematite's point about these subs. If you're worried about a sub, there's a very easy place to discuss the validity of submissions in real-time while including the people who don't want to post so much in the thread.

And War Incarnate, if you're not going to make useful posts as someone who's supposed to be in a leadership role in this thread, I highly recommend you cut it out, for the love of god. You're only embarrassing yourself here.

I'd recommend just carrying on as if ChoiceScarfed is on mute, personally. They've had many chances to amend their behavior with many very patient and charitable explanations, and I'd say they've spent more than their fair share of second chances. It's not like we're lacking for subs on this slate anyway.

Guys, let’s just stop. Have you totally disregarded what I said in the OP?

1. No swearing
2. Be nice to others

You are all council members, thus you must stop breaking the rules said in the OP. One more incident like this Ill be sure to kick you out of the council.

You’re lucky I’m lenient this time, but next time I’ll be super strict on these two rules.

Nvm I’m posting right here
Mega Bisharp
Dark/
Steel
Defiant/Inner Focus/Pressure->Royal Blade (Contact-based moves have 1.2x power, and its Dark type status moves have +1 priority. I may need help coding this one)
HP: 65
Attack: 125->145 (+20)
Defense: 100->120 (+20)
Special Attack: 60->60 (+0)
Special Defense: 70->90 (+20)
Speed: 70->110 (+40)
New moves: Close Combat, Meteor Mash, Parting Shot, Topsy Turvy

So Bisharp. Bisharp is a really cool mon. Great wallbreaker, priority, utility, it’s got a lot going for it. I wanted to create a sub that fulfills a similar role to Bisharp but with key differences in execution and power level to ensure viability in the tier. I opted to give him a nice boost in speed and power as well as a smaller boost to his bulk while still leaving him vulnerable specially but to a lesser degree. This build also has a lot of utility in priority Taunt as a stall breaker, priority Topsy Turvy/Sucker Punch as anti-offense, and in a pivoting role Parting Shot and Knock Off. I really like this, and Bisharp has great role compression as both an offensive pivot and a wallbreaker. I think it’s pretty solid but if anyone has any concerns go ahead and explain and I can fix it.

Sample set for fun:
Mega Bisharp
Ability: Defiant (switch in on Defog or Intimidate I guess... outclasses the others at the least)
Adamant Nature
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Move 1: Meteor Mash
Move 2: Sucker Punch/Close Combat/Topsy Turvy/Taunt
Move 3: Knock Off
Move 4: Parting Shot
Click buttons, break down the opponents, Sucker Punch if you need to, Parting Shot to help bring in teammates safely. Fun stuff

Edit: added Topsy Turvy, kinda makes up for losing Defiant

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)