Pet Mod Megas for All v6 (Slate 11 - Chandelure, Bisharp, Gothitelle, Conkeldurr)

Should we start metagame development?

• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hematite for your post:

I support having all of these slates, with some of my additions:

1. Regarding the Unova Elite 4, it would be a better idea to split the signature Pokémon into 2 slates. Chandelure and Bisharp for the first, and Gothitelle and Conk for the second.
2. I will no longer include the Electivire/Magmortar/Dusknoir slate in the poll.
3. I’m in favor of Heavyweapons Mann that Greninja is only allowed to Mega Evolve with Torrent and Protean. Mega Ash-Greninja will just be too broken.

Hematite for your post:

I support having all of these slates, with some of my additions:

1. Regarding the Unova Elite 4, it would be a better idea to split the signature Pokémon into 2 slates. Chandelure and Bisharp for the first, and Gothitelle and Conk for the second.
2. I will no longer include the Electivire/Magmortar/Dusknoir slate in the poll.
3. I’m in favor of Heavyweapons Mann that Greninja is only allowed to Mega Evolve with Torrent and Protean. Mega Ash-Greninja will just be too broken.
I dont see the problem with a four mon slate. It would take more time, but you can still make all 4 easily. My mega vaporeon, with dex entries, design, custom elements and inspiration was nade in 25 minutes. I dont know why no elec, dusk and mag, it makes no sense to be discarted.
Also, please say when slates end, and be more active on discord. It has so much potential, it can avoid one liners and can be used to gather ideas.
Some ideas for it:

Donkeldurr
Fighting, Water
Dry skin

105, 175, 140, 55, 65, 45
Liquidation
Dex said:
This pokemon can smash up to the largest boulders
Appearance: it gets buffer and its stone things get larger
Comp: Mega-Donk can be used as an devastating wallbreaker, and also be an even more devastastating one in rain, due to recovery in dry skin and liquidation

Bisharp
Dark, Rock
Sand force

65, 165, 100, 60, 100, 100
Earthquake, Head smash
Dex said:
This pokemon head is incredibly hard, being able to withstand falls from 500 meters.
Appearance: its metal thingys get more rock-like, and the red sections in its body becomes brown
Comp: Mega-Bisharp can be an scary sweeper under sandstorm, getting an devastating stab in head smash, and the chad and ol reliable earquake to get some kills with 100 acc

Gothitelle
Psychic, Ice
Snow cloak

70, 55, 95, 190, 135, 65
Ice beam
Dex said:
Gothitelle psychic powers become immensely strong, becoming able to lift trucks.
Appearance: its clothes become longer and white, and goth has those things woman put when they are going to be married or something
Comp: Mega-Gothitelle can be an scary sweeper under hail, boasting an spa higher than deo-a and being able to dodge attacks. its still held back by its low speed, but hail room might be somewhat scary.

Chandelure
Ghost, Fire
Solar power
55, 90, 165, 140, 110
Nasty plot
Dex said:
This pokemon is known to haunt abandoned mansions. if you face one, it will hand you the best tea in the world
Appearance: It gets more chandelier branches or idk, ant its fire now is completely blue.
Comp: It can become incredbly scary in sun, with solar power and a solid 165 special attack. its also pretty scary using some sort of setup build with aurora veil. its still frail physically seeing the bp of moves like eq.

Last edited:
I dont see the problem with a four mon slate. It would take more time, but you can still make all 4 easily. My mega vaporeon, with dex entries, design, custom elements and inspiration was nade in 25 minutes. I dont know why ni elec, dusk and mag, it makes no sense to be discarted.
Also, please say when slates end, and be more activr on discord. It has so much potential, it can avoid one liners and can be used to gather ideas.
Sure. The four signature Pokémon of the Unova Elite Four will be in one slate

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
just for the record its been much less than the 45 hours you said were left for subs sometime yesterday, but uhm, no worries-

Before i put the collection thing, i'm including This Poll by Hematite about the next slate! so head on over and throw in your two cents to that as well as this!
But anyways--

:Butterfree: Butterfree
:ss/butterfree:
New Ability: Compound Eyes/Tinted Lens → Drizzle
New Typing:
1600376727644.png
/
1600376740942.png

New Stats:
HP: 60
Attack: 45
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 90 → 130 (+40)
Special Defense: 80 → 120 (+40)
Speed: 70 → 90 (+20)
BST: 395 → 495 (+100)

New Moves: Weather Ball, Hydro Pump, Sludge Bomb

Flavor Description: The Pokedex entry in LGPE states "Its wings, covered with poisonous powder, repel water. This allows it to fly in the rain."Butterfree is able to fully take advantage of rain, allowing it to set up beneficial rain with Drizzle, giving it an advantage of flying and more importantly, adapting into a Water-type. This observation is also similarly pointed out by the Silver pokedex entry, "Water-repellent powder on its wings enables it to collect honey, even in the heaviest of rains.", FireRed pokedex entry, "The wings are protected by rain-repellent dust. As a result, this POKéMON can fly about even in rain." SoulSilver pokedex entry, "Water-repellent powder on its wings enables it to collect honey, even in the heaviest of rains." and Y pokedex entry "The wings are protected by rain-repellent dust. As a result, this Pokémon can fly about even in rain." Its wings are also poisonous and covered in toxic dust, allowing it to spew out Sludge Bombs at the opponent.

Competitive Description: Butterfree has always been hiding in the shadows for higher tiers, being outclassed as a Quiver Dance user by the likes of Volcarona and Vivillion, and as a Bug-type in general. Horrible bulk, sub-par typing offensively and defensively, and lack of coverage hinders any niche it could have in National Dex at the moment. However, Butterfree can utilize Drizzle, Quiver Dance, decent special bulk, and a much better defensive typing to take on a plethora of special attackers such as Heatran and Ash-Greninja, given the chance to set up on them. It's still held back by poor physical bulk leaving it prone to priority from Rillaboom and Aegislash, as a way to balance the scale. While the type combination seems walled by a huge defensive threat in Toxapex, but much like its partner Volcarona, Psychic can throw it out the window (Hydro Pump and Weather Ball under rain can 2HKO a physically defensive Toxapex after a QD boost!) As a Quiver Dance user, it's able to take on different Pokemon like Tyranitar that Volcarona can struggle against, and as a rain setter, it's more offensively inclined than Pelipper although the two aren't exactly comparable. Sludge Bomb isn't all useful, but it has a slight niche in having a better matchup against few Fairy-types like Primarina and Mega-Gardevoir.
:Butterfree:
Mega Butterfree
New Ability: CompoundEyes/Tinted Lens ---> Multiscale
New Typing: Bug/Flying (unchanged)

New Stats: 60/15/110/120/110/80
ATK: 45 --> 15 (-30)
DEF:
50 --> 110 (+60)
SPA:
90 --> 120 (+30)
SPD:
80 --> 110 (+30)
SPE:
70 --> 80 (+10)

New Moves:
Mirror Coat

Desc:
New move is mostly just because I think those moves are a really really fun pair with Multiscale, but maybe that's just me. Butterfree is an effortless user of Multiscale, since the ability pairs well with setup moves such as Quiver Dance as well as Butterfree's varied and reliable recovery methods. It's not that fast, but its defenses are high enough that it can probably pull off a Quiver Dance or two in order to get going.
Personally I'd stat mine mostly defensively and boost the heck out of it but its defenses are high enough unboosted that they should be able to facilitate an offensive build too !
:butterfree: Mega Butterfree
New Ability: Tinted Lens/Compound Eyes -> Iridescence
(The secondary effects of Mega Butterfree's Bug-type moves are guaranteed to take effect.)
Type: Bug/Flying

New Stats:
Attack: 45
Defense: 50 -> 105 (+55)
Special Attack: 90 -> 120 (+30)
Special Defense: 80
Speed: 70 -> 85 (+15)
(495 BST)

New moves: Strength Sap
Description:
Mega Butterfree is a bulky snowballing sweeper that specializes in stat changes. Its access to Strength Sap allows it to sustain itself and take advantage of physical attackers, while its incredibly unique Ability, Iridescence, allows it to debuff opposing walls and raise its own stats all while attacking rather than needing to spend turns using Quiver Dance.

For reference, the specific moves affected by Iridescence are Signal Beam, Bug Buzz and Silver Wind. Signal Beam's 100% confusion is far from a reliable strategy, so I don't expect it to be used, but it pales in comparison to what Butterfree's other two Iridescence-boosted Bug-type moves have to offer.
Bug Buzz is like Apple Acid (or the somewhat-better-known physical move Fire Lash), a special attacking move that also lowers the target's Special Defense with every use, pressuring opponents to switch and making it more difficult to wall Butterfree despite the common resistances to its moves.
Most importantly, Silver Wind is 60 BP move that now also raises all of Butterfree's stats once with every use.
Butterfree does already have Quiver Dance access, and an omniboost is only really one step removed from that (it doesn't use Attack anyway, so it's just an extra +1 Defense); the real buff here is not the fact of omniboosting but the fact that it can use an attack at the same time that it does, enabling it to snowball and significantly buff its defenses and Speed over time.

That said, this sounds like an extremely strong Ability, so I also want to take a moment to talk about why I don't think this will be broken!
There are so many relevant Pokémon that resist its STABs and its best coverage that, even accounting for Hidden Power, there will always be OU-viable Pokémon that resist all of its attacks; you can think of this like Serperior, which has a seemingly absurd boosting option in Contrary Leaf Storm but can still be walled anyway, keeping it from being broken.
In addition, Silver Wind has little immediate power; it's only after boosting a few times that it can exert significant pressure and boost at the same time, making long-term sweeps very easy to snowball but hardly making it easier to grab early pressure than it is for base Butterfree. It's also held back by its highly limited PP, giving Mega Butterfree only eight chances to boost with it at all; combining this with the potential to force Butterfree out early on, it's feasible to waste its uses of the move, as well as to wear Butterfree down due to its highly detrimental defensive type (especially as a Mega Evolution, meaning it can't be on the same team as Mega Garbodor to cover its Rock weakness!).
Mega Butterfree is still very weak to status, especially Toxic (which can force it out no matter how much it's boosted and undermine its recovery), but also paralysis to a lesser extent (its Speed was balanced around how easy it is to boost, so it's much easier to outpace when that Speed is cut in half - for example, the amount of Speed that takes two Silver Winds when not paralyzed takes six when paralyzed).
Also worth noting: you cannot fit Silver Wind (boosting), Bug Buzz (wallbreaking), Strength Sap (recovery), Hurricane (its strongest move), Sleep Powder (something its base form relies on for insurance) and any coverage at all on the same set. Even if it sounds like it has a ton of good options, there is counterplay to every permutation!

That said, if this does turn out to be broken despite everything, I'm obviously open to nerfing this! I do admit that I'm sort of taking a risk here, giving something incredibly strong to a Pokémon that I don't think is strong enough to abuse it and hoping I'm right, but I think it's a risk worth taking, because this is a Mega Evolution that I think could be extremely fun and interesting to use.
if you can't tell, this is my favorite of the subs I have for you today

Mega Butterfree
New Ability: Compound Eyes / Tinted Lens ----> Serene Grace
New Typing: Bug/Flying

New Stats:

HP: 60 ----> 60
Attack: 45 ----> 15 (-30)
Defense: 50 ----> 80 (+30)
Special Attack: 90 ----> 140 (+50)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 80
Speed: 70 ----> 120 (+50)
Base Stat Total: 395 ----> 495
New Moves: Heat Wave
Description: Can be used as a Quiver Dance sweeper or a crippler with Stun Spore + flinch move. Serene Grace turns STAB Air Slash from a middling move to a dangerous one, thanks to its 60% flinch chance and Mega Butterfree's high base Speed. Said ability also gives both Bug Buzz and Psychic coverage a nifty 20% Special Defense Drop, allowing it to break through bulky Pokemon. Heat Wave gives Butterfree coverage against Steel-type Pokemon with a decent 20% chance to burn. Flavor-wise, Heat Wave is learned by many Flying-type Pokemon so I think it would be reasonable for Butterfree to learn it.

Butterfree
Bug, Fairy
Technician
65, 25, 50, 140, 80, 140
Moonblast

This pokemon emmits an sweet scent them disorients opponents​
Mega evolution caused it to create bioluminescence in its wings.​
Appearance: its wings and eyes now glow in a shade of pink, and its wings are larger
Comp: Mega Butterfree can be an extremely dangerous qd sweeper, with high spa and spe and technician boosted dkiss and hp, but it also has drawbacks in being frail, principally phisically.
Mega Butterfree :butterfree:
New Ability: Compound Eyes / Tinted Lens ----> Dust Scatter (Corrosion clone; powder/spore moves affect all opposing Pokemon regardless of their typing, item or ability)
New Typing: Bug / Flying ----> Bug / Flying
New Stats:
HP: 60 ----> 60
Attack: 45 ----> 15 (-30)
Defense: 50 ----> 50
Special Attack: 90 ----> 145 (+55)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 80
Speed: 70 ----> 145 (+75)
Base Stat Total: 395 ----> 495
(This stat spread reminds you of Mega Beedrill, right? Well, I did that purposefully; if I were to get into the minds of Game Freak developers, I think Mega Butterfree would end up with stats similar to its physically offensive counterpart).
New Moves: Taunt, Earth Power

Flavor Changes: Being the first-ever fully evolved Bug-type Pokemon species, Butterfree is the signature user of the "powder" moves. Ever since its early days in Gen 1, it has naturally learned the three main ones (Poison Powder, Stun Spore and Sleep Powder) via level-up, and various Pokédex entries of the purple butterfly mention the release, the scatter of "highly toxic dust" into the air via fast wingbeats. Mega Butterfree's visual capitalizes on these attributes; its wings become bigger and their bottom half are covered in excess poisonous dust it stores, so well that such a section's color looks like the color of the dust particle it is holding. (changes appearance-wise depending on which "powder" move it is carrying; if there's no "powder" move, the wings have the same color as regular Butterfree's, while if more than one is used, the sprite shown will have the bottom half of the wing colored with the respective paint of the first found "powder" move on its moveslots. Poison Powder = purple, Sleep Powder = aqua, Stun Spore = yellow, Rage Powder = red)

Competitive Changes: "Powder" moves (bar the very restricted Spore) have been rather "forgotten" in competitive battling. The very few relevant users of them are really niche in higher tiers, and they don't always use it on their movesets due to other move options being available. Conversely, "powder" moves are a big part in how Butterfree operates in lower tiers across the generations, and this Mega Butterfree looks to have them as the biggest factor for its viability. Although they are innacurate, Mega Butterfree is guaranteed to cripple any opposition regardless of typing, ability, and item, if any "powder" move lands. Putting even Grass-types and Overcoat users like Mandibuzz to sleep can prove to be an enourmous advantage for Quiver Dance sets, which are now enhanced by the addition of Earth Power and better offensive stats overall. Poison Powder and Stun Spore regain the limelight as well; Steel-types are not free from being poisoned anymore, and you can paralyze Electric-types. Taunt being introduced into its moveset also means Mega Butterfree is not a one-trick pony anymore; a disruptive or even a stallbreaking (although rather outclassed due to its extreme frailty) role can also be just as effective by disabling status moves and statusing the opposition itself.
i've left out ChoiceScarfed's butterfree here, since it's, uhm, blatantly illegal and they've refused to fix it! so

:Froslass: Froslass
:ss/froslass:
New Ability: Snow Cloak/Cursed Body → Soul-Heart
New Typing:
1600528209868.png
/
1600528230269.png

New Stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 80
Defense: 70 → 90 (+20)
Special Attack: 80 → 120 (+40)
Special Defense: 70 → 90 (+20)
Speed: 110 → 130 (+20)
BST: 480 → 580 (+100)

New Moves: Nasty Plot, Freeze-Dry (yeah it doesn't get this for some reason)

Flavor Description: As the Sword pokedex entry states, "after a woman met her end on a snowy mountain, her regrets lingered on. From them, this Pokémon was born. Its favorite food is frozen souls.", hence the ability Soul-Heart. Since its spirit now contains evil, it gains access to Nasty Plot.

Competitive Description: Mega Froslass becomes a strong wallbreaker/stallbreaker that can "snowball" lthe team and relies on scoring KOes to become very effective. Its Ghost-typing is also particularly useful as it can completely wall Blissey with Substitute, which would otherwise try to switch in and take any attack from it. Its bulk isn't too terrible, giving it a few opportunies to set up on Pokemon, and can greatly benefit being on hyper offensive teams, due to any hazard and screens support it mandates.

Mega Froslass
Type:
Ice/Ghost
Ability: Technician
Stats:
HP: 70Att: 125 (+45)Def: 70SpA: 125 (+45)SpD: 70Spe: 120 (+10)
Technician Froslass is an idea I've had for a while, since she has a ton of special attacks that abuse Technician.
  • Frost Breath (60 power, guaranteed crit)
  • Ominous Wind
  • Hidden Power
  • Draining Kiss
  • Water Pulse, I guess
But Gen 8 (specifically Nat Dex, doing something good for once) made that idea even stronger. Froslass has an impressive special movepool, but its physical movepool is arguably scarier. It already had Ice Shard, but now has a strong Technician-boosted STAB in Triple Axel, as well as a naturally strong STAB in Poltergeist, with Nat Dex allowing it to keep Wake-Up Slap for anti-Dark coverage (70 power isn't the best, but it's respectable).
:Froslass:
Mega Froslass
New Ability: Snow Cloak/Cursed Body ---> Dry Ice (When this Pokemon inflicts a critical hit, the victim also receives a Burn.)
New Typing:
Ice/Ghost (unchanged)

New Stats: 70/100/70/110/110/120
ATK: 80 --> 100 (+20)
DEF:
70 (--)
SPA:
80 --> 110 (+30)
SPD:
70 --> 110 (+40)
SPE:
110 --> 120 (+10)

New Moves:
Parting Shot, Cross Poison
(If I could give it more than two new moves, I would also want to add Shadow Claw, Night Slash and potentially Focus Energy.)

Desc: The new moves there are more to give it more/mixed options, to be honest, not that it needs them -- it's already got the autocrit move Frost Breath! The base concept of this is to pair well with its other STAB in Hex. Its physical defense hasn't been touched, in part because ideally it's gonna be handing out burns that'll do most of that work for it. I'm maybe lowballing it here on the attack stats, but this sort of build strikes me as a potentially useful stallbreaker and general utility member. (especially when you consider that Froslass learns Spikes!)
:froslass: Mega Froslass
New Ability: Snow Cloak/Cursed Body -> Magic Bounce
Type: Ice/Ghost

New Stats:
Attack: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Defense: 70 -> 95 (+25)
Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Speed: 110 -> 115 (+5)
(580 BST)

New moves: None for now
Description:
Okay, I know we have three Mega Evolutions with Magic Bounce already, but hear me out - this uses it in a completely different way from any of them!
Froslass is conventionally used as a dedicated lead, with access to Spikes and a fast Destiny Bond to make immediate progress against the opposing team and often guarantee a trade later in the game. It also has some fun utility in Will-o-Wisp and - as of Sword and Shield - surprisingly good physical STABs of both types, including the always-valuable Poltergeist, the best Ghost move in the game and a neat scouting tool on top of that.
Normally, Froslass is forced to spend a moveset on Taunt. This does serve a valuable role for it - it's anti-other leads, anti-other Taunts and can even force opposing Pokémon to attack straight into a Destiny Bond - but it's a bit limiting when it has so many other moves worth using. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to run Spikes, Destiny Bond, Will-o-Wisp and one of its fantastic STABs on the same set without having to worry about those things? That's what Magic Bounce is for - it frees up an extra moveslot so Froslass can use all of the status moves it wants, and it serves all of the aforementioned purposes of Taunt and even mitigates some of the usual risks attached, like the potential of wasting a turn Taunting something that was already going to attack and taking damage.
Mega Froslass is a still-fragile hazard setter that focuses on utility like Spikes and Will-o-Wisp and can sacrifice itself at opportune moments to force trades, setting it apart from the other Magic Bounce Megas and exemplifying the qualities that already make Froslass unique.

Mega Froslass
New Ability: Snow Cloak / Cursed Body ----> Queenly Majesty
New Typing: Ice/Ghost

New Stats:

HP: 70 ----> 70
Attack: 80 ----> 90 (+10)
Defense: 70 ----> 70
Special Attack: 80 ----> 150 (+70)
Special Defense: 70 ----> 70
Speed: 110 ----> 130 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 480----> 580
New Moves: Focus Blast
Description: High Special Attack stat and Speed stats, along with its wide special movepool makes Mega Froslass an efficient All-Out Attacker. Queenly Majesty makes sweeping more comfortable as it won't have to worry about priority anymore. It also syngergizes well with its typing, as a lot of Pokemon would try to maim it with super-effective priority moves such as Sucker Punch and Bullet Punch. Focus Blast rounds out its coverage, hitting Steel-types such as Heatran, Magearna, and Mega Aggron hard.

Froslass
Ice, Water
Perish body
70, 155, 115, 80, 60, 110
Liquidation, Surf, Flip turn

This Pokemon mon can smell an prey like Wishiwashi from 100 Miles away​

When mega-evolved, Froslass sheer strengh can rip apart weaker foes
Appearance changes: Froslass becomes more Shark-like, with fins and sharper teeth. it also becomes more blue
Comp: Mega Froslass has an insenely good attack and an good speed tier, and an pivoting move to aid perish body. with it, it can force switchs pretty easily, and pivot away to other threats, like koko or chompy.
Frossglass-Mega
Ability: Snow Cloak / Cursed Body ---> Icy Beauty (Serene Grace clone)
Typing: Ice / Ghost
New moves: Air slash
Stats:
HP 70 ---> 70
Atk 80 ---> 80
Def 70 ---> 75 (+5)
SpA 80 ---> 120 (+40)
SpD 70 ---> 75 (+5)
Spe 110 ---> 160 (+50)
BST 480 ---> 630
*compiler's note: this is a legal sub, despite the BST listing being off. it is actually +100/580 like its supposed to be

:Slowking: Slowking
:ss/slowking:
New Ability: Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator → Poison Heal
New Typing:
1600376740942.png /
1600381997120.png

New Stats:
HP: 95
Attack: 75
Defense: 80 → 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 100 → 140 (+40)
Special Defense: 110 → 140 (+30)
Speed: 30 → 40 (+10)
BST: 490 → 590 (+100)

New Moves: None

Flavor Description: The ability Poison Heal comes from its various Pokedex entries stating that Slowking got its intelligence from toxins entering its head when it got bitten by a Shellder. The poison further expands upon Mega Evolution, making it smarter. Beside this, its body also gets more sturdier and legs grow taller, encouraging Slowking to walk slightly faster. As stated by the Crystal pokedex entry, "Every time it yawns, SHELLDER injects more poison into it. The poison makes it more intelligent." Aside from the Yawn part, this proves that the poison contained from Shellder can make a Slowking more intelligent. It gains no additional moves beyond that.

Competitive Description: Slowking, despite being bulky on the special side, is underused in National Dex compared to Slowbro due to its higher physical bulk, which allows it to frequently switch in on Hawlucha and Mega Lopunny easier. However, with a newfound access to Nasty Plot and overall higher bulk and Special Attack, Slowking turns into an amazing stallbreaker that benefits from the use of Toxic. Its physical bulk is slightly similar to regular Slowbro, allowing it to take on the aforementioned threats easier. A Teleport set can also be very effective, although the lack of Heavy-Duty-Boots is noticable. Its typing gives it some great resistances like Fire, Fighting, and Steel and lets it handle Ground-types quite easily, although it also does come with the drawback of being weak to other common types such as Grass, Electric, Ghost, and Dark. This Pokemon doesn't aim to push its bulk to a great limit like Slowbro does, but it has a different role unique enough that almost nothing can safely switch into it after a Nasty Plot boost.
:slowking: Mega Slowking
New Ability: Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator -> Counter-Clockwise Spiral
(For as long as Mega Slowking is present, the battle takes place under the effects of Trick Room.)
Type: Water/Psychic

New Stats:
HP: 95
Attack: 75
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 100 -> 145 (+45)
Special Defense: 110
Speed: 30 -> 85 (+55)
(590 BST)

New moves: None for now
Description:
An anti-offense Pokémon that can use Nasty Plot to cleave through faster teams and outspeed and revenge almost any offensive Pokémon thanks to its unusual Ability. The fastest Pokémon are also often among the frailest, so being able to outspeed them all without sacrificing bulk or power is a fantastic asset towards making it an effective cleaner and "sweeper" in itself.
In exchange, it only directly benefits from 45 points of the Mega stat boost itself, and it loses the ability to outspeed slow Pokémon like most walls and other tanks.
Like any Trick Room user, since you want your Speed to be as low as possible rather than as high as possible, you can fully invest in two other stats and have a Speed-reducing nature and still have the best Speed available to Slowking.
Small hint for using this: don't Mega Evolve right away!! Especially since Slowking isn't that reliant on its held item as it is, you can come pretty close to doing what Slowking already does with Regenerator before you Mega Evolve, and it seems like so much more fun to turn the tables on offensive Pokémon to clean lategame than to Mega Evolve right away and sacrifice the rest of what Slowking has to offer defensively. I love using Mega Evolutions like this that can do completely different things at different points in the battle, so I'm happy to have the opportunity to make one in Slowking. C:

Clarification: Mega Slowking cannot provide Trick Room support to its allies and is not a Trick Room autosetter in the same way as most weather setters or Mega Orbeetle or anything! Its Ability only applies while it's on the field. It can be regarded more as a quirk of its own stats than a "real" Trick Room setter.

Mega Slowking
New Ability: Oblivious / Own Tempo / Regenerator----> Water Veil
New Typing: Water/Psychic

New Stats:

HP: 95 ----> 90
Attack: 75 ----> 115 (+40)
Defense: 80 ----> 80
Special Attack: 100 ----> 100
Special Defense: 110 ----> 170 (+60)
Speed: 30 ----> 30
Base Stat Total: 490 ----> 490
New Moves: None
Description: Its stat boosts somewhat mirror Mega Slowbro's. While Mega Slowbro's stat line makes it perfect for a Calm Mind booster, Mega Slowking's stat line is perfect for a Curse sweeper. Water Veil prevents it from getting screwed by burns.
evo
Slowking
Water, Psychic
Psychic surge

95, 75, 80, 125, 185, 30
no new moves
This Pokemon can outsmart every and anything in the world​
Mega evolution caused the shellder in its head to be bigger, covering slowking entire head​
Appearance changes: the thing in its head grow larger, covering its head.
Comp: Its an strong tank, like slowbro, but it can be the terrain setter for psychic terrain teams if you want more of bulk than indeedee female, and it can stomach hits pretty well.
:ss/slowking:
Mega Slowking
Typing:
Water/Psychic ---> Water/Psychic
Ability: Oblivious/Own Tempo/Regenerator ---> Analytic
Stats:
HP:
95 ---> 95
Atk: 75 ---> 75
Def: 80 ---> 95 (+15)
SpA: 100 ---> 155 (+55)
SpD: 110 ---> 140 (+30)
Spe: 30 ---> 30
Added Moves: None
Description: If this Pokemon's thing is being big-brained, I feel like Analytic is the most fitting ability. While it does lose some utility without Regenerator/HDB, it can deal huge damage if positioned correctly, and, with Analytic, it's not the easiest thing to switch into.
as always, let me know if i missed anything aside from the illegal sub(s) that have been left out on purpose !
*edit: did miss one thank you hematite

*edit 2: hematite updated his slowking ability name so ive updated that here as well
*edit 3: fixed formatting as per drpumpkinz's suggestion. im sorry i have been real sleepy lately and i got lazy ):

My own votes:
:Butterfree: Butterfree - kakaks, Hematite, inkbug
:Froslass: Froslass - Hematite, inkbug, DrPumpkinz
:Slowking: Slowking - RottenInfernape, zxgzxg, Hematite

Last edited:
Was in the middle of compiling subs, but inkbug beat me to it. kakaks, please don't contain your submissions in quote boxes, because they won't appear if someone tries to quote your post in a reply, so they have to manually recreate your post with copy/paste, and any special formatting (like the colors you so often use) will be lost unless the person puts in the extra effort to recreate that too. Also inkbug, it's best to replace the quote boxes with hide boxes (just replace the word quote with hide and delete all the extra stuff after the username) and don't have a linebreak between the [/hide] of one sub and the start of the next. It just looks cleaner that way.

Anyway,

:butterfree:Barbie: Fairytopia: Mateeus, kakaks, MegaFlareon
:slowking:Barbie Fairytopia: Mermaidia: MegaFlareon
:froslass:Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus: ChoiceScarfed, DrPumpkinz, Hematite

Froslass: MegaFlareon, RottenInfernape, Hematite
(honorable mentions: DrPumpkinz)
Butterfree: MegaFlareon, inkbug, Mateeus
(honorable mentions: Hematite)
Slowking: Hematite, zxgzxg, RottenInfernape
(honorable mentions: MegaFlareon)

I forgot to vote yesterday sorry ;w; anyways here it is:
:butterfree: Mateeus, Hematite, MegaFlareon
:slowking: zxgzxg, RottenInfernape, Hematite
:froslass: DrPumpkinz, MegaFlareon, RottenInfernape

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Froslass: Hematite, RottenInfernape, MegaFlareon
Butterfree: Mateeus, inkbug, MegaFlareon
Slowking: Hematite, zxgzxg, RottenInfernape

oh I was just about to do code for my Mega Froslass and I see this nvm

butterfree.png
: Mateeus, Hematite, RottenInfernape
slowking.png
: zxgzxg, Hematite, kakaks
froslass.png
: Hematite, DrPumpkinz, MegaFlareon

also I don't have to have subbed one to vote right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)