Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
OK, so I had an idea for an OM.

Name: The 5th Move
Premise: Each Pokémon gains access to the move in the last teammate's first slot in addition to the 4 moves it already has.
Example:

With this team, Magearna would gain Magma Storm, Heracross would gain Shift Gear, Tapu Bulu would gain Close Combat, Kartana would gain Wood Hammer, Landorus-T would gain Defog and Heatran would gain U-turn.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Substitute

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Nature's Madness
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Banlist: OU Banlist & Clauses
Extra bans: Smeargle
Unbans: Nothing

Q&A

If a Pokemon goes down will it still donate the move?
Yes.

Will Shift Gear, Shell Smash and Quiver Dance be broken?
Honestly hard to say. I would rather test first.

What gains viability here?
Mew has a plethora of good moves it can donate; Dragonite can give Extreme Speed; Salamence and Gyarados can donate Dragon Dance and in turn appreciate having a good physical Flying STAB. Victini can donate any of V-create, Bolt Strike or Celebrate and in turn likes having Ground or Fighting coverage.
Already had a similar idea and I guess it can't be coded.

On the other hand, we have these... things.
Not worth it imo. Those mons are all pretty bulky physically as is. They're screaming for more HP, SpDef and a recovery option. Shuckle can provide SpDef and uhhh, Sticky Web I guess but Persian-A in particular would love to receive from Blissey (Or maybe Alomomola). Massive HP and the ability to parting shot wish-pass is pretty cool.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Not worth it imo. Those mons are all pretty bulky physically as is. They're screaming for more HP, SpDef and a recovery option. Shuckle can provide SpDef and uhhh, Sticky Web I guess but Persian-A in particular would love to receive from Blissey (Or maybe Alomomola). Massive HP and the ability to parting shot wish-pass is pretty cool.
You're not allowed to pass HP, so Defense is the best you can do for them - keep in mind Shuckle also only passes Defense, not both Def and SpD!

Haaku said:
I’m really sorry for not saying this earlier, but HP does not pass for leaders. If your HP is your highest stat, your second highest stat will pass instead. I still think Chansey is stupid though!

My bad, still think those mons would appreciate a recovery move though, so I'd probably go with Toxapex or (lol) Avalugg over Shuckle.

Statusmons
Metagame premise:

You have a turn every switch-in to use a non-damaging move under protection.

Potential bans and threats:
OU banlist, certain moves like belly drum would not be banned, but they would not gain the protection.

Trick Room would probably be a major threat, because you could set it up without fear of fainting. OU threats like scizor would also be strong due to their boosting capabilities.

Questions for the community:
-Are there any other obvious moves that would not gain protection?
-Does the basic premise sound good to you?
-Should the protection for non-damaging moves be first turn out on switch-in only, or just once per turns until you switch out?
-Is it programmable?

Feedback greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
OK, so I had an idea for an OM.

Name: The 5th Move
Premise: Each Pokémon gains access to the move in the last teammate's first slot in addition to the 4 moves it already has.
Feel free to test on ROM. Meanwhile, here are some gimmicks: Blissey inheriting Transform; Serperior inheriting V-Create; Cinccino inheriting Bullet Seed, Icicle Spear or Pin Missile; Gardevoir-Mega inheriting Boomburst; draining; phasing; priority; recovery; switching.

Feel free to test on ROM. Meanwhile, here are some gimmicks: Blissey inheriting Transform; Serperior inheriting V-Create; Cinccino inheriting Bullet Seed, Icicle Spear or Pin Missile; Gardevoir-Mega inheriting Boomburst; draining; phasing; priority; recovery; switching.
I want to test it too haha. How do I make a Pokemon have a fifth move?? I found that it's called the 5th Move under unofficial Metas!!

I want to test it too haha. How do I make a Pokemon have a fifth move?? I found that it's called the 5th Move under unofficial Metas!!
Using the import function, you can give Pokemon up to 24 moves to use in Custom Game

Example to import:
Combusken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Thunder Punch

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Does the move have to be manually added as described above or does the battle interface automatically copy the first move of the previous teammate into the fifth slot in-battle?

Before I go to bed and forget this:

Idk if this is one of the “common things” or whatever but I’m tired. Anywho, the game is called Effection. In this meta, every Pokémon MUST have a Gender, (determined by something) and secondary effects become replaced with na equal % chance to infatuate. Cool? Nope?

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Before I go to bed and forget this:

Idk if this is one of the “common things” or whatever but I’m tired. Anywho, the game is called Effection. In this meta, every Pokémon MUST have a Gender, (determined by something) and secondary effects become replaced with na equal % chance to infatuate. Cool? Nope?
Infatuation is one of the most cancerously awful status conditions and I have no idea why you'd want to increase its effect on a metagame.

pqs

Banned deucer.
Assault Vest - The Meta

Ever thought of a Defog/Stealth Rock-less meta? All Pokemon can only click attacking/special attacking moves, no status, no Z-Status, no nothing else. argh im not good at making metas ;w;

Banlist: standard ou banlist

i only just thought of this sooo
watchlist: counter + focus sash/sturdy, mirror coat + focus sash/sturdy, metal burst + focus sash/sturdy, unbanning gengar-m, unbanning deo-d, unbanning giratina, unbanning zygarde-complete, that it

if anyone wants a test match i'll be on the username: pqs

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Assault Vest - The Meta

Ever thought of a Defog/Stealth Rock-less meta? All Pokemon can only click attacking/special attacking moves, no status, no Z-Status, no nothing else. arghim not good at making metas ;w;

Banlist: standard ou banlist

i only just thought of this sooo
watchlist: counter + focus sash/sturdy, mirror coat + focus sash/sturdy, metal burst + focus sash/sturdy, unbanning gengar-m, unbanning deo-d, unbanning giratina, unbanning zygarde-complete, that it

if anyone wants a test match i'll be on the username: pqs
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/no-status.3542555/

Re : Hemiswap

Premise: Battle with trading half of your team to your opponent.

Mechanics: You split your team in 2 groups, 3 and 3. You trade one group with your opponent, then you battle. But there's a change. Last gen, you traded randomly between one group and the other. This time, you reveal your team through team preview, including levels, then your opponent decides to pick which group, three on the left or three on the right. This way, you won't build your team with level 1 magikarps and expect your opponent to get them.

OU banlist

Don't know if it's possible to be coded but yeah, that's it.

Mechanics: You split your team in 2 groups, 3 and 3. You trade one group with your opponent, then you battle. But there's a change. Last gen, you traded randomly between one group and the other. This time, you reveal your team through team preview, including levels, then your opponent decides to pick which group, three on the left or three on the right. This way, you won't build your team with level 1 magikarps and expect your opponent to get them.

OU banlist

Ya know when you have an idea for a meta and someone posts before you. Yeah that happened. :jynx:

OU banlist

I like the idea, but i think that the teams must be splited in 3 groups of 2 to prevent a 6 lv1 team from being competitive. If i have 6 useless mons and i select the 3 ones that can beat the other 3 of my opponent then i will be in an advantage. Sure, my opponent can trick me to choose one group, but i can also predict that and choose the one that looks weaker. By getting just 2 pokemon that wouldn't happen so easily.

Metamorphosis

Metagame premise: Have you ever thought how the meta would be if some moves had a different type? Do you wish to pursuit trap a landorus or zygarde with ice type pursuit, or revenge kill them with sucker punch? Do you want stealth rock to check ground resistance instead of rock? Ate abilities give normal type moves the opportunity to change type, and in metamorphosis every other type will be able to be changed, because every move in the second slot will have the same type of the first one.

Rules:
-The first move of a pokemon will determine the type of the second move and all other moves with the same (original) type. For example a weavile that knows ice shard, knock off, pursuit and low kick will have ice type pursuit and ice type knock off.
-Normal type moves wouldn’t be affected: a normal type move on the first slot will not change anything and normal type moves will not change to the type of the first move. Ate abilities will work as usual, a gardevoir with psychic, dazzling gleam, hyper voice and thunderbolt will have psychic type dazzling gleam and fairy type hyper voice when he mega evolves.
- Z moves will work only on original types, the weavile of the previous example can use a dark Z-move with his (original) dark type moves if he has the appropriate Z-cristal.
- Hidden power wouldn’t change its type, but it can change other move(s) type.
-If it is possible to code, stealth rock type change will also modify the type of the hazard, an ice type stealth rock will do extra damage versus dragon, flying and ground type pokemon. Ground stealth rock will do extra damage versus steel types but it would inflict 0 damage versus flying. Abilities also will affect the damage calc, venusaur mega will get neutral damage from fire type stealth rock, and heatran 0 (but his fire moves will not receive the boost).
Format: 6v6 singles
Banlist: OU banlist + Kyurem black. Ou clauses will be applied.

Some possible threats:
He will get flying type stab with the help of defog, flying type knock off, superpower or u-turn are good candidates to exploit. A rockium z set can be used with stealth rock and stone edge to get flying type stealth rock, the z crystal can be used to revert the type of the hazard back to rock depending on what the opponent has, or to use continental crush, compressing 3 coverage moves in 2 slots.
He can get access to stab sucker punch and stab foul play, not much else to say.
Roost + dd set can be used with priority flying type aqua jet and flying type aqua tail, but he also needs earthquake for coverage.
with the assistance of hidden power fire/ice, grass knot or dazzling gleam, koko can obtain a better typing for his u-turn, punishing common switchings like ferro or zygrade without losing too much if the player misspredicts.
In this meta a lot of pokemon lose a coverage move, making some defensive pokemon better. Zapdos may be one of them, he can also get a stab flying type special move with the help of roost or defog, or ice type u-turn with hp ice assistance.
He usually carry 2 ice type moves, so he doesn’t care the loss of coverage. Ice type stealth rock sounds great and he can perform the same niche as lando with rockium Z.
He can set up stealth rock of almost any color, and use support moves like u-turn or knock off of any type making him very unpredictable. The loss of coverage of many offensive mons help him quite a bit due to the less amount of dark type knock off users or bug type u-turners. He can also poison steel types with a type change, taking advantage that poison types may not switch into mew.
Protean gren can access to earthquake-like stab using spikes, and he can abuse the priority moves shadow sneak and water shuriken making them the type he wants. Battle bond gren usually has 2 water moves, so he doesn’t care the coverage loss, but he can also modify u-turn to water, ice or dark type.
Probably the better pursuit trapper, the fastest one for sure, and with though claws he can get a 52 power ground/rock or flying type pursuit. He can use crunch if he desires a stronger flying type stab.

Questions for the comunity

What should be done with all out attackers (or AV mons)? : 4 attack mons have the limitation of 3 types moves due to the nature of the meta. While they can obtain some niches like ice type momentum attacks , knock off or priority, and they also can bypass the issue with hidden power, this limitation can hurt the meta a bit. I consider 3 possible alternatives
-leave everything as it is
-make stab attacks not change type (this is the better option for me)
-make pokemon that start the game with Assault Vest or expert belt unaffected by the metagame mechanics.
Do you consider this meta very similar to matagamiate? (recall normal types doesn’t change and there is no ate boost).
Do you find any possible threat or banworthy pokemon?
What do you think about the stealth rock mechanic? Do you like it? Do you find It possible to apply?

Steel types are immune to poison status, so changing types does not allow Mew to poison them (Twineedle can't poison steel types, for example). Also i say to leave all out attackers as it is, it makes things more simple, also what they lose on coverage they may gain on power with the new STAB.

Also, im not sure, but i think Stealth Rock does not check for its own type when damaging, but instead for the rock weakness of the switching mon. If that's the case, the Stealth Rock mechanic would be just an additional mechanic made for only one move instead of working because of the general metagame mechanic, in which case i say better leave it alone.

Unpopular power
pokemon that are not ou by usage get a boost to the base stats spread evenly through out according to the number they are away from being ou by usage so something where you are barely missed being ou would be getting only 1 to maybe 10 points point into base stats how ever something like a magikarp or something would get a massive boost not sure how it would work in the code or what people think about it. When I say boost I mean for the pokemon that is right below being ou viable gets 1 point the next one gets 2 and so on till you reach the final listing I don't know if there is a usage stat list that lists all the pokemon in the game or not :p but that's what I would be talking about 800+ base stat points to the things at the bottom XD

(all pokemon - number of ou by usage pokemon= the pokemon that get a boost)

Unpopular power
pokemon that are not ou by usage get a boost to the base stats spread evenly through out according to the number they are away from being ou by usage so something where you are barely missed being ou would be getting only 1 to maybe 10 points point into base stats how ever something like a magikarp or something would get a massive boost not sure how it would work in the code or what people think about it. When I say boost I mean for the pokemon that is right below being ou viable gets 1 point the next one gets 2 and so on till you reach the final listing I don't know if there is a usage stat list that lists all the pokemon in the game or not :p but that's what I would be talking about 800+ base stat points to the things at the bottom XD

(all pokemon - number of ou by usage pokemon= the pokemon that get a boost)
seems too similiar to tier shift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)