Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little marketing tip: try to avoid naming your metagame negatively if you want it to look good. Maybe Base Stat Throwdown? Base Stat Triumph? Base Stat Tactics? (Terrible just tells us you don't think highly of your metagame idea, so why should we?)

Seems to me like this would just promote underpowered teams at first, in hopes of getting that +750 boost. Then, after getting crushed by regular OU teams, stall teams will take over. That's just my prediction though.

Also, do you have any way of showing to your players how much damage they've dealt overall? And does the battle end when a player runs out of mons? Or is there a type of turn limit? How will you counter LC mons with endeavor + focus sash/sturdy/shell bell? What about final gambit/(misty) explosion/selfdestruct/memento? The opponent doesn't deal damage to you during these moves, but do they count towards your HP loss?

That's what I can think of for now. Don't let this bring you down, instead don't be afraid of changing up your meta! ;)
I know what u mean. Self Damaging and self killing moves do not effect the score. the LC+ focus sash/ shell bells can be countered with multi strike moves. and the 750 boost should be anytime u have a smaller TBST and be buffed to 1000. since I'm on the topic of editing i believe that spikes and stealth rock should be banned because they can do tons of damage through the player switching.
I have an Interesting Meta:
Balanced Stat Total
Rules are:
  1. Whoever has the highest score at the end of the battle wins
    1. Score=(2x Total damage [In HP] done to the opposing team+ 750 [If your team has less TBST and won]) / TBST [Total Base Stat Total]
  2. TBST is all of your Pokémons' BST added together (Eviolite and Pokémon Specific Items, do not effect TBST [Except Rusted Sword/Shield])
    1. If you have less than 6 Pokémon, then their BST is put through an equation that would make it appear that there are 6 mons
      1. If you have 1 Pokémon: TBST*6
      2. 2 Pokémon: TBST*3
      3. 3 Pokémon: TBST*2
      4. 4 Pokémon: TBST/2*3
      5. 5 Pokémon: TBST/5*6
      6. * Note: Form Changes do not effect TBST *
  3. During gameplay players will be able to see both their damage score and their TBST count right under it next to the Pokémon's move set
  4. Normal OU bans (I Would've put Uber but set ups w/ one Uber and all LC Pokémon would devastate other teams)
    1. Additional Bans: Shedinja (Because it has 1 HP and can do Way more than just 1 HP worth of damage to the opponents and it has a low BST), and more may be added.

1. Sample Team: Base Stat Terrible Sample (pokepast.es)
this is the Meta suggestion i posted earlier on a different page

Boost Mons
1up.jpeg

• Pokemon can choose one stat to gain +40 in, by naming it that Stat.(expect for HP)
  • This means, that pokemon like nodoking can name themselves special and gain +40 in special attack to become the ultimate breaker, while pokemon like chans can get +40 Defense to get bulkier.
  • However, there is a cost of this. your non nickname and non hp stats gets -10 instead.
Theorymon

:ss/Blissey:
Sounds much scarier now it can boost its defense by 40 and actually have decent physical bulk, letting it not die to papercut physical attacks. Only downside is now hazards will be able to chip it and no passive recovery.

:ss/dragapult:
Pult boosting it's spatk lets it get a boost similar to specs, while running a wisp hex set letting it have nuclear hexes.

:ss/tyranitar:
Tyranitar can boost either is speed, to be actually fast after a ddance, its spdef, letting it eat special hits even better, or its defense letting it get that sand storm boost for its defense as well.

There's a bunch more that would also like to boost in this metagame, just can get them all.

Clause are OU clause and item + stat nickname clause for now

Questions
  • Any mon seem to broken?
  • Does the meta sound fun?
  • Should the bst change be Buffed or nerfed?
  • Is the condition for it nesccarry?
  • Should the condition be changed; say no abilities?

Last edited:
Diversify
  • Only one pokemon from each teir is usable. (Ubers/OU/UU/RU/NU/PU and below)*
  • Their stats are now shifted like this;
Ubers = -20 in all stats
OU = No change
UU = +5 in all stats
RU = +15 in all stats
NU = +20 in all stats
PU and below = +30 in all stats

The purpose of this meta is to image a fanasty where every almost every fully evolved mon was viable in a meta, and put it into action. Any questions or suggestions?​

However, there is a cost of this. U cannot hold an item while having a stat nickname.
That seems like a pretty arbitrary set back and would be pretty limiting on teambuiding.
I think it would be better if you got +40 and your other non-HP stats got -10.
Like if Mew was named SpA, it would have 100/90/90/140/90/90 stats.

Any mon seem to broken?
If the meta has the No Item penalty;
Any really hard-hitting Pokemon who are just under having good speed tiers.
Kartana not only gets higher Atk than Zacian-C, but if you have Spe, it’s also faster than Zacian-C. And because adding 40 base points will be very valuable, it would be a handicap for players to use a Choice Scarf user.
Another potentially broken Pokemon would be Melmetal. Having 135/143/105 bulk on something that hits so hard, or having 74 Speed on something with Double Iron Bash would be pretty broken, especially without items to help break past them.

If the penalty ends up being -10 for all other stats (besides HP)
Still Kartana but are much easier to deal with when their other stats are lower. Melmetal would be much easier to deal with as well, but it be up for some playtesting. I also feel like Stakataka and Hatterene could be borderline broken like Melmetal, especially since the stat drop would help them in Trick Room, but are still frailer as well.

Edit: and of course for both scenarios, anything with Huge Power and Pure Power. Just give Diggersby 40 Atk and now has effective 242 Atk.

Last edited:
That seems like a pretty arbitrary set back and would be pretty limiting on teambuiding.
I think it would be better if you got +40 and your other non-HP stats got -10.
Like if Mew was named SpA, it would have 100/90/90/140/90/90 stats.
Thanks, I like that idea alot, ill use it and credit you

Ok since no one is commenting on either how great or terrible Balanced Stat total was I decided to put on the Thinking Cap and:

BEHOLD:
HERITAGE
This will take your Pokémon back to the GOOD old days.​
The Idea of this meta is simple:
  1. All Pokémon can have Abilities from any of their pre-evolutions and are able to have their mega evolution's ability
    • Pokémon that take on their mega ability will also take on their mega's typing
      • this does NOT Mega Evolve Pokémon
  2. Pokémon will receive stat boosts based on their pre-evolution's stats
    • 3 stage mons will receive a 20% boost
    • 2 stage mons receive a 30% boost
      • the stat boost is the BST of the pre-evolution(s)
      • decimals/fractions are rounded to the nearest whole number
    • If you use a stage 2 mon out of a 3 stage evolutionary line they will only receive stats and abilities as if it was just a 2 stage evolutionary line (this can make some very bulky eviolite users)
  3. Bans are
    • Uber mons and clauses (Because the stat increases make some of the Pokémon have Uber-like BST. SEE Examples)
    • Pokémon: Lunala, Solgaleo, and maybe more (please comment on some possibly broken mons)

Examples:
  1. Mawile doesn't get any boost but can have the ability of Huge power
  2. Blastoise can have Mega Launcher and gets a BST of:
    HpAtkDefSpASpDSpeBST
  3. Haxorus has an insane BST of
    HpAtkDefSpASpDSpeBST
  4. Porygon 2 can hold eviolite and has a BST of:
    HpAtkDefSpASpDSpeBST
  5. Flygon gets the ability Sheer Force and a BST of:
    HPAtkDefSpASpDSpeBST

Last edited:
Pokémon will receive stat boosts based on their pre-evolution's stats
  • 3 stage mons will receive a 20% boost
  • 2 stage mons receive a 30% boost
    • the stat boost is the BST of the pre-evolution(s)
    • decimals/fractions are rounded to the nearest whole number
  • If you use a stage 2 mon out of a 3 stage evolutionary line they will only receive stats and abilities as if it was just a 2 stage evolutionary line (this can make some very bulky eviolite users)
Why do you want to make those Pokémon even more poweful than before? I don't understand why you'd want to make this metagame. What fundamentally changes about the metagame? Are the broken Mons the same as before but this time they're even more busted?

Also, excluding megas, which Pokémon benefit from taking their prevo's abilities in singles?

It makes it pretty impossible for people to know what the base stats should be at a glance though especially speed tiers. would be very frustrating in practice. I also dont know if the mega evolution aspect makes sense, it doesnt seem attached to the rest of the ideas.
I want the meta to make unique, balanced setups. And the mega aspect was to open a bigger ability window.
Why do you want to make those Pokémon even more poweful than before? I don't understand why you'd want to make this metagame. What fundamentally changes about the metagame? Are the broken Mons the same as before but this time they're even more busted?

Also, excluding megas, which Pokémon benefit from taking their prevo's abilities in singles?
The reason for the stat boosts is because I didn't want the meta to be a weak AAA. The fundamental changes would be the variety of set ups that u could accomplish in this meta. Secondly it took a LOT of time to try and find a good balanced stat boost percentage for this meta. finally the abilities of gastly/huanter, trapinch, murkrow, and larvitar greatly help their evolutions. And their are more pokemon that can benefit from these ability pools.

Introducing.. Juggermons
Concept: At the start of the battle, people choose their team order like with zoroark and the last pokmemon selected becomes the Juggernaut. Juggernauts have special properties attached and when they faint, you lose.

Juggernaut Properties:
Hp is multiplied by 3, menaing 300 total hp becomes 900.
Cannot use recover, shore up, rest, Roost, slack off, soft boiled, wish, Morning Sun, Moonlight, Swallow, Jungle healing, life dew, or milk drink.
Have the embargo effect; meaning the effects of items are disabled.

Strategies: Like in the OM first blood, I presume there will be some cheesy unreliable strats to try and take down the juggernaut to win the game unexpectedly and quickly. (e.g. FEAR strats) Toxic and hazards become much more powerful allowing u to get free chip on the juggernaut. Wish would also be popular to heal the juggernaut, so would healing wish as it complety revaitlizes it. Set Up will also be powerful as u can boost up a ton with ur juggernaut with how much bulk it has, and try to just cream thru teams, thus unaware would also probably be popular. Teams with more then one viable juggernaut will be better then teams that don't do this, as there's more stuff they could use nicely instead of having one decitated juggernaut .

Theory Sets

:bw/gengar: :life-orb:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
Np gengar can set up easily and has few switch ins.

:bw/Blaziken: :life-orb:
Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch/Earthquake

With so much health, easy set up and Flare blitz will give less chip. Letying it live longer

Clauses:
Team Preview Clause
Regenerator Clause
(Its banned cause 3 times health plus it is a no no)

Questions: Should healing wish and/or wish be banned? Is the embargo effect nessecarry? Any thing else should be banned? Any theory mons you have? Any suggestions? Thanks! Have a nice day :D!

finally the abilities of gastly/huanter, trapinch, murkrow, and larvitar greatly help their evolutions. And their are more pokemon that can benefit from these ability pools.
Gastly/Haunter: yeah, you're right, but Shadow Tag makes gengar a deadly revenge killer. It's hard to pass up.
Trapinch: Arena Trap is usually banned and Hyper Cutter isn't really good. Sheer Force can be replicated by running Life Orb, making you keep your ground immunity.
Murkrow: He's not even in the game, unless we're talking Natdex. And even then, the only ability Honchkrow inherits is Prankster, which has much better users than Honchkrow for that. The only thing I could see Prankster Honchkrow using is Haze.
Larvitar: Ok, true. When I first read this, I thought you wrote Larvesta, which... no. Even then, you're passing up a Sp. def boost and passive damage at the end of every turn to break sashes, so it does come at a trade-off.

Even with that, that's a metagame rule set out to help only 3 to 5 mons that don't have a mega. If we're playing Galardex, why not just reintroduce Mega Stones? If we're playing with Natdex... why not just use megas?

Gastly/Haunter: yeah, you're right, but Shadow Tag makes gengar a deadly revenge killer. It's hard to pass up.
Trapinch: Arena Trap is usually banned and Hyper Cutter isn't really good. Sheer Force can be replicated by running Life Orb, making you keep your ground immunity.
Murkrow: He's not even in the game, unless we're talking Natdex. And even then, the only ability Honchkrow inherits is Prankster, which has much better users than Honchkrow for that. The only thing I could see Prankster Honchkrow using is Haze.
Larvitar: Ok, true. When I first read this, I thought you wrote Larvesta, which... no. Even then, you're passing up a Sp. def boost and passive damage at the end of every turn to break sashes, so it does come at a trade-off.

Even with that, that's a metagame rule set out to help only 3 to 5 mons that don't have a mega. If we're playing Galardex, why not just reintroduce Mega Stones? If we're playing with Natdex... why not just use megas?
Ok first I actually did not know that murkrow/honchkrow were removed from the gen 8 dex (thish shows how much I dont pay attention to it). Second I will make the meta nat dex to leave open more options for team builds (and Z crystals/mega stones would make the meta very interesting). Third with Larvitar Im talking about Guts and with trapinch's sheer force, Flygon can get that boost and still hold other items (preferably life orb to get even more power).

Ok first I actually did not know that murkrow/honchkrow were removed from the gen 8 dex (thish shows how much I dont pay attention to it). Second I will make the meta nat dex to leave open more options for team builds (and Z crystals/mega stones would make the meta very interesting). Third with Larvitar Im talking about Guts and with trapinch's sheer force, Flygon can get that boost and still hold other items (preferably life orb to get even more power).

Oms can't be natdex sorry, they have to use the current dex

This still comes to the fact that you're building a meta that feels similar to OU but only boosts 3 or 4 pokémon. I'd consider this more of a pet mod.

Still what about the various boosts given to evolutionary Pokémon.
I still fail to see how this changes the metagame in a significant way, compared to similar OMs like Tier Shift, 350 Cup, Scalemons and Cross Evolution. As of now, it's doing a wonderful job of simulating capitalism: The mons who are already strong and boosted get access to more tools while the mons who are poor get nothing. We'll just see more Garchomp, more Dragapult, and more Urshifu.

If this is the vision you have of the meta and it's what you'd really like to see, then go for it: that's just not my cup of tea.

If somebody wants to take this idea,I give full permission.I don't really have time to be running an OM right now.I'd love to be council though!
Ability+(Previously Powered Up)(WIP)
Link to old thread:https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/powered-up.3530018/
This mod makes it so that every ability's effects are doubled.For example,Iron Fist gives a 1.44* multiplier to punching moves,because Iron Fist gives a 1.2* multiplier,so the multiplier is applied again:1.2*1.2=1.44.For another example,Cursed Body now has a 60% chance to disable a move used on a Pokemon with the ability,because Cursed Body gives a +30% chance to Disable a move,and 30%+30%=60%.
Threats:
:lycanroc-dusk: Lycanrock-Dusk:Lycanroc-Dusk gets access to the powerful Tough Claws.This gives it access to STAB 67.6 BP priority and colorful coverage with 202.8 BP CC,135.2 BP Drill Run,and 152.1 BP Play Rough with a solid 117 base Attack and 110 Speed,and its clear that Lycanroc-Dusk is a dangerous Choice Band user.
:scizor: Scizor:Scizor in OU is a setup sweeper,setting up a Swords Dance and then using Technician boosted Bullet Punch to cleave holes in teams.Now,however,Technician gives a 2.25* power boost,meaning that Bullet Punch has 90 BP,which is about the power of a decent STAB move,along with priority.This in conjunction with SD,130 Attack,great typing,and solid bulk makes it very threatening as a sweeper.
:toxapex: :slowbro: :slowking: :slowking-galar: :tornadus-therian: :tangrowth: :amoonguss: Regenerator:Regenerator now heals 66% max HP upon switching out.This combined with the users of the ability's bulk(in the case of Tornadus-Therian power as well)and this makes Regenerator an incredibly powerful defensive ability.A Regenerator Clause(1 Regenerator Mon per team)might have to be looked into.

:heatran: Heatran:With Flash Fire now giving a ridiculous 2.25* power boost,it can apply constant pressure even if its not out.One read of a click of Fire coverage and suddenly you have 225 BP Magma Storm.It can be played around but one misplay and Tran is leaving a gaping hole in your team.
:melmetal: Melmetal:Melmetal is already a hunk of a metal man in OU,but in Ability+ it gets even better.DIB becomes a 172.8 BP STAB move that breaks Sashes and Sturdy.Its coverage gets stronger as well,with the elemental punches providing nice coverage with 108 BP.
:gardevoir: :porygon2: Trace:In a meta with busted abilities,Trace becomes quite good.Imagine using Sheer Force Nidoking only to have it traced and be swept by Gardevoir spamming boosted Psychic.Scarf Gardevoir will likely be a huge threat in the metagame,Tracing powerful abilities and then using them to sweep.Porygon2 will likely use Download over Trace,however,so its really only Gardevoir.
Swift Swim/Chlorophyll/Sand Rush/Slush Rush/Surge Surfer:With these abilities now quadrupling speed,its now near impossible to revenge them without priority.Venusaur gets a special mention with decent bulk and SE Moves for 2 of the biggest priority users in the meta.
:conkeldurr: Conkeldurr:Conkeldurr with Guts activated becomes iincredibly powerful,with the only real answers to it being Gardevoir,Landorus-T,and Tapu Lele.Guts Mach Punch and Facade is incredibly strong and hard to wall.
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele:With the power of priority in this metagame,Psychic Terrain becomes incredibly important for blocking that priority.Also,Tapu Lele itself is strong,being one of the 3 answers to Conkeldurr and hitting very hard with its Specs set.
:darmanitan-zen: Darmanitan-Zen:Since the threshold for Zen Mode is 100% now Darmanitan-Zen can now be used as its own Mon.It functions as a decent bulky attacker with a slow U-Turn.
Unthreats:
:malamar: :lurantis: Contrary:Since Contrary's effect of inverting stat boosts is doubled,it just does nothing(2 Uno Reverse Cards makes it go the same way).While they weren't very viable to begin with I thought it would be funny to mention.
:weavile: Weavile:While Pressure is nice I guess the powerful SE priority from Lycanroc-Dusk,Conkeldurr,and Scizor and the powerful Melmetal and Heatran makes it hard for Weavile to find opportunities to sweep.This makes it a lot harder to fit on teams.
:golisopod: Golisopod:Gets switched out at 100% HP lol.
:volcarona: Volcarona:This is pretty simply explained as:Revenged by Lycanroc-Dusk,Fire STAB risky vs teams with Tran.
Bans:OU Banlist and Clauses,Serene Grace(and Jirachi as a result)(Guaranteed flinches),Snow Cloak,Sand Veil(Blatantly uncompetitive with 56.25% accuracy against a Mon with ability),Regieleki,Regidrago(Hit way too hard with STAB,if your Ground/Fairy dies you're kinda screwed)
Watchlist:Regenerator(2 Regen Mons switching back and forth),Melmetal(172.8 BP STAB,colorful coverage,143 Attack,chonky physically,held back by low speed and special bulk),Kyurem(SubRoost Pressure PP stalling),Kartana(Kill 1 thing and start snowballing.Even Scarf might be good with the ludicrous SD boost that Beast Boost gives),Conkeldurr(Guts Mach Punch and Facade is beaten by 3 things)
Notes:
Zamazenta-C might be unbanned,although with Dauntless Shield raising Defence 2 stages thats iffy.
Unlike the original Powered Up,multipliers are applied again rather than stacked on top of themselves.
Weather and terrain abilities are unchanged unlike the original,as they really just use the respective move upon switching in.

Blacephalon is not on the watchlist with Kartana as its easily revenged by Accelrock and is overall just frailer so if something lives before it can get going it probably dies.
Questions:
Would this be fun to play?
Should anything else be banned?
Should anything be unbanned?

Last edited:
This post as inspired by this post. I asked him if I could use a tweaked version of it, and he said yes so thanks to him. With that out of the way, I am presenting....
Youth Power
Premise: Non-Fully evolved Pokémon can use the abilities and moves of their evolutions and gain stat boosts based on them.

How it works: For example, lets say we have magikarp. Magikarp :magikarp: can now use intimidate or moxie or swift swim, or rattled. Making it so it can select any of those abilities since an evolution of it gets it. This applies to 3 stage mons as well, a bagon :bagon: can use intimidate, moxie, overcoat, rock head, or sheer force, since one of the evolutions gets it. However, a shelgon :shelgon: can't use sheer force because that's is a pre evolution's ability, not one of its evolutions. Branched evolutions take all of their possible evolutions into account with this for clarification. Now for the move part, which I think is self explanatory. This just means a :raboot: for example, can use pyro ball since cinderace gets it. Easy Peasy. Finally, the stat boost section, the hard part. The stats will be boosted by using this formula: (a + b + c + d + e + f + g + h)/(2x)+ I with a through h the stats of your evolution, and x being the number of evolutions, and I being your base stats. I put a thru h to account for eevee having 8 possible of evolutions, but if any less then 8, the value of the unused variables are 0. For example, if you have 2 evolutions, only add a + b and disregard the other variables. now for an example of how this could boost a stat. Let's say you wanna use :gastly:. The special attack of :gengar: + :haunter: is 245. Then multiply 2 times the number of evos, 2, giving you 4. Next you divide 245 by 4 to get your answer, rounded down, 61. Then u add that to haunter's special attack to get 161 special attack on gastly. You do this for all the stats making gastly's new stats : 56/63/56/161/67/131. By using this forumla,:gastly:'s BST increased to 34 points higher then that of :gengar:'s. Making it a practically better gengar as it can abuse levitate and better special attack.

Bans/Clauses:
Eviolite
OU Clause
Overflow Clause (not sure if necessary)
Calyrex-Shadow
Calyrex-Ice
Diagla
Eternatus
Giritina
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-Black
Kyurem-White
Landorus
Lugia
Lunala
Mewtwo
Marshadow
Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
Palkia
Pheromosa
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Solgaleo
Spectrier
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zacian
Zacian-Crowned
Zamazenta
Zekrom
Zygarde-Complete

Note: zama-c, magearna, shifu, spectrier, nagadel, genesect, dracovish, zygarde and darm-g are all currently allowed.

Theorymon:

:ss/Poipole:
New stats: 103/109/103/136/103/133 (687)
Poiple can rock a Nasty plot set just like his daddy, or an ash gren. If your wild, even ddance. however, this comes at a price of dragon typing.
Ddance
Poipole @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Throat Chop
- Fire Blast

Specs spikes
Poipole @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

NP
Poipole @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

:ss/darumaka-galar:
New Stats: 122/160/72/30/72/97 (553)
Basiccaly darm-g 2.0, and let's be real, this'll probably get banned eventually.
Band
Darumaka-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Scarf
Darumaka-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

NOTE: For the rest of the post, im on mobile, so might not be the best quality.
:ss/scyther:
New Stats: 105/175/130/82/120/137 (744)
Scyther reallly appreciates superpower lettting it break thru what was previosly impossible. Looks banworthy.
SD
Scyther @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Dual Wingbeat
- Knock Off

Pivot
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rock Smash
- Dual Wingbeat
- Roost
- U-turn

:ss/Eevee:
New Stats: lol
Versatility meme. not gonna do this things sets lol

Ending this short cause I have to go, but,

Questions: Anything seem broken? Should the formula be adjusted. Should the extra moves be included?

Last edited:
This post as inspired by this post. I asked him if I could use a tweaked version of it, and he said yes so thanks to him. With that out of the way, I am presenting....
Youth Power
Premise: Non-Fully evolved Pokémon can use the abilities and moves of their evolutions and gain stat boosts based on them.

How it works: For example, lets say we have magikarp. Magikarp :magikarp: can now use intimidate or moxie or swift swim, or rattled. Making it so it can select any of those abilities since an evolution of it gets it. This applies to 3 stage mons as well, a bagon :bagon: can use intimidate, moxie, overcoat, rock head, or sheer force, since one of the evolutions gets it. However, a shelgon :shelgon: can't use sheer force because that's is a pre evolution's ability, not one of its evolutions. Branched evolutions take all of their possible evolutions into account with this for clarification. Now for the move part, which I think is self explanatory. This just means a :raboot: for example, can use pyro ball since cinderace gets it. Easy Peasy. Finally, the stat boost section, the hard part. The stats will be boosted by using this formula: (a + b + c + d + e + f + g + h)/(2x)+ c with a through h the stats of your evolution, and x being the number of evolutions, and I being your base stats. I put a thru h to account for eevee having 8 possible of evolutions, but if any less then 8, the value of the unused variables are 0. For example, if you have 2 evolutions, only add a + b and disregard the other variables. now for an example of how this could boost a stat. Let's say you wanna use :gastly:. The special attack of :gengar: + :haunter: is 245. Then multiply 2 times the number of evos, 2, giving you 4. Next you divide 245 by 4 to get your answer, rounded down, 61. Then u add that to haunter's special attack to get 161 special attack on gastly. You do this for all the stats making gastly's new stats : 56/63/56/161/67/131. By using this forumla,:gastly:'s BST increased to 34 points higher then that of :gengar:'s. Making it a practically better gengar as it can abuse levitate and better special attack.

Bans/Clauses:
Eviolite
OU Clause
Calyrex-Shadow
Calyrex-Ice
Diagla
Eternatus
Giritina
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-Black
Kyurem-White
Landorus
Lugia
Lunala
Mewtwo
Marshadow
Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
Palkia
Pheromosa
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Solgaleo
Spectrier
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zacian
Zacian-Crowned
Zamazenta
Zekrom
Zygarde-Complete

Note: zama-c, magearna, shifu, spectrier, nagadel, genesect, dracovish, zygarde and darm-g are all currently allowed.

Theorymon:

Poiple can rock a Nasty plot set just like his daddy, or an ash gren. If your wild, even ddance. however, this comes at a price of dragon typing.
Ddance
Poipole @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Throat Chop
- Fire Blast

Specs spikes
Poipole @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

NP
Poipole @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Basiccaly darm-g 2.0, and let's be real, this'll probably get banned eventually.
Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Scyther reallly appreciates superpower lettting it break thru what was previosly impossible. Looks banworthy.
SD
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Dual Wingbeat
- Knock Off

Pivot
Impish Nature
- Rock Smash
- Dual Wingbeat
- Roost
- U-turn

Questions: Anything seem broken? Should the formula be adjusted. Should the extra moves be included?
I really like what you did, but the stat calculation is a little confusing to me, but with good practice (If this becomes an OM [hopefully] ) I could have it memorized. The most broken thing could be with cosmog because of its two uber evolutions and the bulk of cosmoem.

Last edited:
I have an Interesting Meta:
Balanced Stat Totals
Rules are:
  1. Whoever has the highest score at the end of the battle wins
    1. Battles end when the entirety of either team faints.
    2. Score=(2x Total damage [In HP] done to the opposing team+ 1000 [If your team has less TBST] / TBST [Total Base Stat Total]
  2. TBST is all of your Pokémons' BST added together (Eviolite and Pokémon Specific Items, do not effect TBST [Except Rusted Sword/Shield])
    1. If you have less than 6 Pokémon, then their BST is put through an equation that would make it appear that there are 6 mons
      1. If you have 1 Pokémon: TBST*6
      2. 2 Pokémon: TBST*3
      3. 3 Pokémon: TBST*2
      4. 4 Pokémon: TBST/2*3
      5. 5 Pokémon: TBST/5*6
      6. * Note: Form Changes do not effect TBST *
  3. During gameplay players will be able to see both their damage score and their TBST count right under it next to the Pokémon's move set
  4. Normal OU bans (I Would've put Uber but set ups w/ one Uber and all LC Pokémon would devastate other teams)
    1. Additional Bans: Shedinja (Because it has 1 HP and can do Way more than just 1 HP worth of damage to the opponents and it has a low BST), and more may be added.

1. Sample Team: Base Stat Terrible Sample (pokepast.es)
I re-brought this up (with some edits) because no one really said anything on it, so plz give me your thoughts (I'm open to anything).

Last edited:
I really like what you did, but the stat calculation is a little confusing to me, but with good practice (If this becomes an OM [hopefully] ) I could have it memorized. The most broken thing could be with cosmog because of its two uber evolutions and the bulk of cosmoem.
Actually if I did it correctly Cosmog ends up with stats of 95/75/85/75/85/75,which is extremely underwhelming.The only thing that pops out at me as ban-worthy(apart from Darumaka-Galar)is Nincada,with 46/45/112/50/50/90 stats and Wonder Guard.Threats may include Munchlax,with 215/140/72/72/140/20 stats,and Sneasel,with 90/155/87/57/117/177 stats.
Edit:Oh jeez,Type:Null rolling up with 142/142/142/142/142/106 stats.Insane defensive pivot now with a 120 BP STAB move in Multi-Attack.Also,Cosmog might not be busted,but Cosmoem is,with 111/91/180/91/180/85 stats.Oh god it has FuturePort,Toxic,Morning Sun/Moonlight,Will-O-Wisp,and Twave.Oh,and Shadow Shield to reduce damage from full.
Edit 2:Ok,so the formula makes it so that 2nd stages are usually better than 1st stages in 3 stage lines,with Haunter having 75/82/75/180/92/150 stats as an example.This is because the 1st stages have to deal with the 2nd stage's mediocre statsaveraging out the final evo's good stats,while the 2nd stage starts with the mediocre stats and gets the final evo's good stats.Hope that makes sense,TL;DR:2nd stage better than 1st stage in 3 stage evo line.

Last edited:
Youth Power

How it works: For example, lets say we have magikarp. Magikarp :magikarp: can now use intimidate or moxie or swift swim, or rattled. Making it so it can select any of those abilities since an evolution of it gets it. This applies to 3 stage mons as well, a bagon :bagon: can use intimidate, moxie, overcoat, rock head, or sheer force, since one of the evolutions gets it. However, a shelgon :shelgon: can't use sheer force because that's is a pre evolution's ability, not one of its evolutions. Branched evolutions take all of their possible evolutions into account with this for clarification. Now for the move part, which I think is self explanatory. This just means a :raboot: for example, can use pyro ball since cinderace gets it. Easy Peasy. Finally, the stat boost section, the hard part. The stats will be boosted by using this formula: (a + b + c + d + e + f + g + h)/(2x)+ I with a through h the stats of your evolution, and x being the number of evolutions, and I being your base stats. I put a thru h to account for eevee having 8 possible of evolutions, but if any less then 8, the value of the unused variables are 0. For example, if you have 2 evolutions, only add a + b and disregard the other variables. now for an example of how this could boost a stat. Let's say you wanna use :gastly:. The special attack of :gengar: + :haunter: is 245. Then multiply 2 times the number of evos, 2, giving you 4. Next you divide 245 by 4 to get your answer, rounded down, 61. Then u add that to haunter's special attack to get 161 special attack on gastly. You do this for all the stats making gastly's new stats : 56/63/56/161/67/131. By using this forumla,:gastly:'s BST increased to 34 points higher then that of :gengar:'s. Making it a practically better gengar as it can abuse levitate and better special attack.

Bans/Clauses:
Eviolite
OU Clause
Calyrex-Shadow
Calyrex-Ice
Diagla
Eternatus
Giritina
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-Black
Kyurem-White
Landorus
Lugia
Lunala
Mewtwo
Marshadow
Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
Palkia
Pheromosa
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Solgaleo
Spectrier
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zacian
Zacian-Crowned
Zamazenta
Zekrom
Zygarde-Complete

Theorymon:

Ddance
Poipole @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Throat Chop
- Fire Blast

Specs spikes
Poipole @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

NP
Poipole @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor

Band
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Earthquake

SD
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Dual Wingbeat
- Knock Off

Pivot
Impish Nature
- Rock Smash
- Dual Wingbeat
- Roost
- U-turn

I really see this but could u balance it so that stage 2 of a 3 stage line can hold eviolite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)