Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing cutting everyone's base stats in half does is make everyone hit harder, since attackers only have one stat lowered (Attack or Special Attack) while defenders have two stats lowered (HP and Defense or Special Defense).

252 Atk Arceus Thrash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 159-187 (35.8 - 42.1%)
252 Atk Spinda Thrash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Spinda: 181-214 (55.8 - 66%)

Defensive playstyles kinda just get fucked in this meta. Set damage moves like Seismic Toss might also be buffed, but they don't deal twice as much damage as you might think.

Yeah, after all of the feedback, I have decided to remove Halved Potential, since it seems like it would spawn many problems if it was official. Thanks for the feedback though!

ECHO EFFECT

I think this format would actually cause a nerf to the choice items, it would be like suffering the "disable effect" on move slots three and four at the end of the turn.
Pokémon with these items would have to rely on their first two move slots or change after the first attack, a last option would be to put them at the beginning so that they have their full set.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yomimons

Metagame premise: Pure Hackmons legality. All unresisted attacks do 50%, and resisted attacks do 0% (but still hit, allowing for secondary effects). All damaging status effects (toxic, rocks, weather) do 25%. Immunities work the same way they do now.
Potential bans and threats: I'm not planning on banning a ton but here are my thoughts:
- Neutralizing Gas just kills abilities which I'm not a fan of. Leaning pretty hard towards ban on this.
- Parental Bond should probably be banned because you can just OHKO everything.
- Water Shuriken and other multi-hit moves are incredibly strong, those might need a ban but I'm not quite sure.
- Really not sure about Wonder Guard. We saw it being possible to balance around in metas like Gen 6 PH, but I feel like it might slow down the game too much to fit what I'm going for here.
- Cramorant is kind of stupid.
- Lots of really weird stuff that looks pretty strong like draining moves/Triage, Rocky Helmet, Speed Boost, Sturdy Shed, and some others. Not sure how to feel about these.

Here are some sets that I can see being strong:
:ss/articuno:
Articuno @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spiky Shield
- Extreme Speed / Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Water Shuriken

Articuno might not be the best user, but Snow Warning is very strong especially when paired with Spiky Shield and priority. Knock Off is used as coverage to hit Steel-types and remove opposing goggles.

:ss/zacian-crowned:
Zacian-Crowned @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Arm Thrust
- Double Iron Bash
- Stealth Rock
- Feint

Zacian-C will without a doubt be one of the best mons in the metagame thanks to its high speed and numerous resists. Double Iron Bash is a pretty wacky move that has near-perfect coverage with Arm Thrust and Feint, while Stealth Rock takes advantage of Court Change being a bit worse cause mons can very easily die before getting the chance to use it.

:ss/aegislash:
Aegislash @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Recover
- Destiny Bond
- Arm Thrust

Prankster users are very cool in this meta because they die fast but can also kill things in return. Aegislash is used for its numerous resistances and walls mons like the set above. Arm Thrust OHKOs Dark-types that would otherwise switch in on Prank Spore. There are many other options including status moves, Sandstorm, hazard-related moves, etc that are cool.

:ss/whimsicott:
Whimsicott @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Bonemerang
- Icicle Spear
- Agility

Grass-types are cool because they beat Water Shuriken, although this one already has Dazzling so the niche is more beating Spore and ground moves. The basic idea is to be very fast so you win with multi-hit spam.

Questions for the community:
- This metagame's goal is to create simplicity in the notoriously complex game of Pokemon (this is where the whole "yomi" name comes from). Do these rules do a good job at this while still preserving what makes Pokemon good?
- By running Pokemon with odd HP or Leftovers, it's possible to live two unresisted hits from full. Is this a good mechanic? If not, how should it be fixed? I'm a bit hesitant to do something like change attacks to do 60%, because I feel like that just makes it more ugly and still opens the door for stuff like Leftovers + Spiky Shield while making something like Prankster Recover just stop working.
- Should healing moves/effects also be regularized? (for example, Recover-type moves always healing 50%, and all passive effects + Life Dew/Jungle Healing + draining from moves like Oblivion Wing always healing 25%) Does this make Leftovers or Poison Heal too strong?
- Is it too harsh to force Pokemon to resist moves in order to avoid taking damage? Should additional defensive resources like (limited) temporary immunity on switches be added?

Thanks for reading.

I’ve actually worked on this idea instead of just coming up with new ones out of the blue, so I really hope y’all like this one, even a little bit.
With that out of the way, I introduce you to...
Frantic Fusions Ultima
Premise
When you nickname a Pokémon two Pokémon names, they get fused into a single Pokémon.

Rules
The list below details the new mechanics that have been added:
- Fuse three Pokémon by nicknaming one Pokémon two Pokémon (Like this: “Pokémon + Pokémon”)
- Have eight moves (You get two extra moves from the two Pokémon you nicknamed the base Pokémon)
- Have three abilities (If you want to have a Pokémon’s secondary ability, just name the base Pokémon “Pokémon + Dragapult2 or if you want a Pokémon’s hidden ability, just name the base Pokémon “Pokémon + GarchompH”)
- Have the base Pokémon’s and the two Pokémon you nicknamed the base stats be averaged, rounded down, by using this formula:
(Stat 1 + Stat 2 + Stat 3) / 3
- Have three typings (You originally inherit the primary typing from the Pokémon you nicknamed the base, but if you want to change it, nickname your base Pokémon “Pokémon + Tapu LeleS)”

Ruleset: Species Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Moves Clause, OHKO Clause, Endless Battle Clause, Sleep Clause Mod (Note: Species Clause applies to the Pokémon you fuse the base with.)
Bans:
Pokémon
:calyrex-ice: Calyrex-Ice
:calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
:darmanitan-galar: Darmanitan-Galar
:dialga: Dialga
:dracovish: Dracovish
:eternatus: Eternatus
:giratina: Giratina
:giratina-origin: Giratina-Origin
:groudon: Groudon
:ho-oh: Ho-Oh
:kyogre: Kyogre
:kartana: Kartana - Giving any fusion a sky-high Attack stat with a good snowballing ability isn’t good at all
:kyurem-black: Kyurem-Black
:kyurem-white: Kyurem-White
:landorus: Landorus
:lugia: Lugia
:lunala: Lunala
:marshadow: Marshadow
:melmetal: Melmetal
:mewtwo: Mewtwo
:necrozma-dawn-wings: Necrozma-Dawn-Wings
:necrozma-dusk-mane: Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:palkia: Palkia
:pheromosa: Pheromosa
:rayquaza: Rayquaza
:regieleki: Regieleki - Offers too much Speed; it also would be extremely unhealthy under Electric Terrain
:regigigas: Regigigas
:reshiram: Reshiram
:shedinja: Shedinja - Wonder Guard
:solgaleo: Solgaleo
:spectrier: Spectrier
:urshifu: Urshifu-Single-Strike
:urshifu: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike
:xerneas: Xerneas
:yveltal: Yveltal
:zacian: Zacian
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned
:zamazenta: Zamazenta
:zamazenta-crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned
:zekrom: Zekrom
:zygarde-complete: Zygarde-Complete

Abilities
Arena Trap
Moody
Power Construct
Shadow Tag
Huge Power
Contrary
Simple
Water Bubble
Imposter
Weather Evasion and Speed Abilities
Triage
Skill Link
Unburden

Moves
Shell Smash
Bolt Beak
Fishious Rend

Items
Thick Club
Light Ball

Strategy

With a wide variety of about 500 Pokémon to fuse, there will be many strategies in this metagame, and I don’t think I could name them all, so do what you want to do!
W.I.P! (I will probably add some)

Potential Bans and Threats
:tapu bulu: :tapu koko: :tapu lele:+ :rillaboom::raichu-alola: :alakazam: - Terrain Abilities and moves may be a big problem in this metagame, but they can be countered by things like Prankster Defog, and the moves can be countered by stall.
:nidoking: - Sheer Force may also be a big problem too, but can be countered by Fur Coat or Ice Scales, depending on if the Pokémon is a physical or special attacker.
:blacephalon: :buzzwole: :celesteela: :nihilego: :xurkitree: :stakataka: - Offering a good snowballing ability and some good stats may be a big problem also, but can be countered by Unaware.
:cinderace: - Libero might be a problem, since you can be 8 types in this metagame, but can be countered by Neutralizing Gas.

Q&A
Q:
Do form-changing abilities still work?
A: Yes, but only if the base has the form-changing ability. If the form has a type, stat, or ability change, it gets applied to the fusion.

Q: If I use a NFE Pokémon as the base, can I use Eviolite?
A: No; if you like to have Eviolite on your fusion, make sure both of the you fuse with your base are also NFE.

Q: If I have a fusion that is x3 weak to Stealth Rock, or if I have a fusion that has a x3 resistance to Stealth Rock, how much damage will I take from it?
A: That’s up to the coders, to be honest. If they can find a way to make x3 weaknesses happen, it’ll take 3/4 of it’s HP, and if it has a x3 resistance to Stealth Rock, it’ll take 1/24 of it’s HP.

Questions for the Community
- Should I add more mechanics to this idea?
- Should I change some mechanics?
- Of the list of “Potential Bans and Threats”, which ones should I ban immediately?
- Is there anything that you should think be unbanned?

If you would like to be on the council, please DM me.
I have a few questions

1) How would one choose a secret ability and a secondary type? + PokémonHS?
2) Will there be restrictions on using the same Pokémon and evolutionary line in more than one fusion, e.g. Pokémon + Pokémon (Weavile), WeavileS + Pokémon (Pokémon)?, Sneaseal2 + Pokémon (Pokémon)
3) Are the final Stats rounded or truncated?

I think that speed-enhancing ability combos such as (Chlorophyll plus Drought) should be banned, especially if included with (Psychic Surge), also the move Imprison.

Ok, after learning my last OM I posted was complicated, I've decided to refurbish this OM I posted in the past. I am really sorry for not realizing the it was complicated; I just thought it fine because I worked hard on it. Now since that's out of the way, enjoy! (It's also been a week too.)
:swsh/kyurem-black: Forms Unleashed :swsh/kyurem-white:

Premise
In this metagame, every Pokémon in the Galar Pokedex get access to other Pokémon's forms by nicknaming the base Pokémon the name of them form, including Pokémon forms that got Dexited, meaning it's like a Mix and Mega for forms. How a Pokemon gets a form works like this:

- They get the stat boosts and losses from the Pokémon's form, 2 new moves from the form's movepool, and it's new additional typing replaced with their second. (For example, if a Magearna chooses Meloetta-Pirouette, it's Special Attack and Defense stats get subtracted by -35 and -50 respectively, while it's Attack and Speed stats get boosted by +35 and +50 respectively. It's stat spread is 80 / 130 / 65 / 95 / 115 / 115, and it's Steel / Fighting instead of Steel / Fairy.)

- The Pokémon can get all the forms abilities, since you can just type the ability of the form in the Ability slot of PS! Also, if you want to have the forms primary typing, just make the base Pokémon you’re using shiny.

- If the form is item-related, you must nickname the base Pokemon the name of the form and hold the item.
Rules
Banlist
:deoxys-attack: Deoxys-Attack
:zygarde-10%: :zygarde-complete: Zygarde-10% + Complete
:zacian-crowned:Zacian-Crowned
:eternatus-eternamax: Eternatus-Eternamax
:calyrex-ice: :calyrex-shadow:Calyrex-Ice and Shadow Rider
Pokemon
None Yet!
Items
None Yet!
Moves
Seed Flare
Wicked Blow
Surging Strikes
Boomburst
Examples (Will Be Updated)
(This section is currently a W.I.P! If you like to give any sample sets, i'll add your's here!)
Resources
If you want to find out the stat boosts, typing changes, and everything else, go to this link. It provides you with all the information you need for this metagame, and you can go on from there.
Questions
- Is there anything that I should change about the mechanics?
- Is there anything else that stands out to you as banworthy in this metagame?

Thank you for reading, and have a good day!

(If you would like to be council DM me on here or Discord. I'm I am the Impostor#9612 if you want to chat on Discord.)

Last edited:
Name: BST Inheritance (working title; may be changed):

Metagame premise
:
A Pokemon can have the Basestats of another Pokemon by nicknaming your Pokemon after the Mon you want the Basestats from.
Same Inheritor clause: 2 or more Pokemon on your team may not inherit from the same mon..

Potential bans and threats:
It may not be allowed to inherit Slakings or Regigigas'S Basestats since they are too strong.

Do you have suggestions for a better name?
Do you think Abilities and or Move(s) should be included in the inheritance?
Anyone willing to join a council for such a metagame?

I definitely think there should be a way to have access to forms' other abilities.
I agree, many other OMs simply allow you to put the name of the ability in the corresponding box, so you can choose to have the type of the base Pokémon and the ability of the new form or the other way around.

I just had some doubts.
What about the forms that would give negative stats?
Will megas be allowed?
Will NFE be allowed as inheirted Pokémon?

Last edited:
If your Pokemon is not shiny, it keeps it's own abilities, if it's shiny, it gets the form's primary ability. If you want to have the forms secondary or hidden ability, name the base Pokemon "Form Name2" or "Form NameH"
Oh. I missed this part. I think using shinyness to determine the ability is still awkward, though. In Cross Evolution, the evolvers only have access to their new evolutions' abilities.

Ok, sorry for being late to respond to the questions. I was doing something else.
I agree, many other OMs simply allow you to put the name of the ability in the corresponding box, so you can choose to have the type of the base Pokémon and the ability of the new form or the other way around.

I just had some doubts.
What about the forms that would give negative stats?
Will megas be allowed?
Will NFE be allowed as inheirted Pokémon?
1. You can’t have negative stats. The stat limit ranges to 1 to 255.
2. No. Then it would just be Mix and Mega with other things.
3. Yes, you can.
Oh. I missed this part. I think using shinyness to determine the ability is still awkward, though. In Cross Evolution, the evolvers only have access to their new evolutions' abilities.
Yeah, I don’t think I’m going to do that. Things like Inheritance allow you to keep your own abilities, and I feel like being limited to just the forms abilities is kinda restrictive (Although I’m removing the shinyness thing for the ability because you can just type in the ability in the Ability slot.)

Thank you for responding!

Metagame premise
:
A Pokemon can have the Basestats of another Pokemon by nicknaming your Pokemon after the Mon you want the Basestats from.
Same Inheritor clause: 2 or more Pokemon on your team may not inherit from the same mon..
Let me be clear first, ubers are banned right? As both inheritors and donors of course.
Also PLEASE tell me Eviolite is banned

Okay so anyways I'm terrified of the following mons

Inheritors

:azumarill: Ban huge power immediately please
:skarmory: Rocks + Spikes is a nice combination to have
:exploud: Scrappy + Boomburst is a very great combination, along with Normal STAB.
:tornadus-therian: Regenerator looks really good, especially with more defensive mons donating like Registeel.
:clefable: Magic Guard also looks really nice, and with Clefable's movepool, it appreciates any stat buffs. Consider donating from more defensive mons.
:rillaboom: As it's able to inherit something like Kartana's stats, it's able to hit like a freight train with Grassy Glide, and more than a freight train with Wood Hammer.
:indeedee: :pincurchin: Similar to above, but with Expanding Force and Rising Voltage respectively.
:blaziken: Speed Boost looks really good in this meta, especially for mons that appreciate more speed.
:pelipper: This just looks gross, especially inheriting from a fast sweeper
:torkoal: Eruption spam lets GOOOOOOO (also solar beam i guess)
:dragonite: Multiscale with actually defensive stats? Oh god
:jirachi: Man I love being flinchhaxed to death
:mew: Gets better stats with its unsurpassed movepool. Neat
:cloyster: :cinccino: Why
:marowak-alola: Hits like the impact of the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs. That's all you need to know.
:regidrago: Can actually take advantage of Dragon Energy now, so that's a thing
:dracozolt: :arctozolt: :arctovish: Ban Fishious Rend and Bolt Beak
:araquanid: Husk
:zoroark: Not only do you not know whether the mon you're facing against is a zoroark, you also don't know said zoroark's stats.
:porygon-z: Adaptability in general is unhealthy. Mons like Dragalge and Basculin really take advantage of having much better stats with Adaptability.
:cramorant: Can abuse Gulp Missile now :D
:ditto: Oh my god please
:drampa: Berserk mfs be setting up their special attack huh

Donors

:regieleki: See there's a reason why with those stats Regieleki is still OU. It's because of its awful movepool. Enter this meta, where it can donate its stats to something with a better movepool.
:dragapult: Slower than Regieleki but hits harder.
:melmetal: Insane bulk, it's a blessing for any mon that wants to be physically bulky.
:archeops: Fast and hits really hard. Probably banworthy, but I don't know.
:blissey: Pain
:registeel: Base 150 in both defenses, plus a not shabby base 80 HP. Not the worst donor in the world.
:regirock: :regice: Registeel but more focused in one of the two defenses rather than averaging them out

I don't even think I'm scratching the surface of this metagame, there's a lot going on here lol

Let me be clear first, ubers are banned right? As both inheritors and donors of course.
Also PLEASE tell me Eviolite is banned
I didnt mention it but i want the ou banlist to apply.
Yes Eviolite should be banned. I would maybe also add an anti-family clause (only 1 member of the same evolution family is allowed).

Edit:// after thinking about it, dont know yet if it should be ubers or ou.
I think the best solutions for items restricted to mons (ligth ball, eviolite, thick club, etc) is to allow them if the basestat donor can use them.
Okay so anyways I'm terrified of the following mons

Inheritors

:azumarill: Ban huge power immediately please
:skarmory: Rocks + Spikes is a nice combination to have
:exploud: Scrappy + Boomburst is a very great combination, along with Normal STAB.
:tornadus-therian: Regenerator looks really good, especially with more defensive mons donating like Registeel.
:clefable: Magic Guard also looks really nice, and with Clefable's movepool, it appreciates any stat buffs. Consider donating from more defensive mons.
:rillaboom: As it's able to inherit something like Kartana's stats, it's able to hit like a freight train with Grassy Glide, and more than a freight train with Wood Hammer.
:indeedee: :pincurchin: Similar to above, but with Expanding Force and Rising Voltage respectively.
:blaziken: Speed Boost looks really good in this meta, especially for mons that appreciate more speed.
:pelipper: This just looks gross, especially inheriting from a fast sweeper
:torkoal: Eruption spam lets GOOOOOOO (also solar beam i guess)
:dragonite: Multiscale with actually defensive stats? Oh god
:jirachi: Man I love being flinchhaxed to death
:mew: Gets better stats with its unsurpassed movepool. Neat
:cloyster: :cinccino: Why
:marowak-alola: Hits like the impact of the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs. That's all you need to know.
:regidrago: Can actually take advantage of Dragon Energy now, so that's a thing
:dracozolt: :arctozolt: :arctovish: Ban Fishious Rend and Bolt Beak
:araquanid: Husk
:zoroark: Not only do you not know whether the mon you're facing against is a zoroark, you also don't know said zoroark's stats.
:porygon-z: Adaptability in general is unhealthy. Mons like Dragalge and Basculin really take advantage of having much better stats with Adaptability.
:cramorant: Can abuse Gulp Missile now :D
:ditto: Oh my god please
:drampa: Berserk mfs be setting up their special attack huh

Donors

:regieleki: See there's a reason why with those stats Regieleki is still OU. It's because of its awful movepool. Enter this meta, where it can donate its stats to something with a better movepool.
:dragapult: Slower than Regieleki but hits harder.
:melmetal: Insane bulk, it's a blessing for any mon that wants to be physically bulky.
:archeops: Fast and hits really hard. Probably banworthy, but I don't know.
:blissey: Pain
:registeel: Base 150 in both defenses, plus a not shabby base 80 HP. Not the worst donor in the world.
:regirock: :regice: Registeel but more focused in one of the two defenses rather than averaging them out

I don't even think I'm scratching the surface of this metagame, there's a lot going on here lol
What an awesome list. Yeah while all Pokemons become stronger, this meta especially benefits Pokemon with low bst, so tons of UU and lower mons could become viable, making this a very diverse meta with tons of building options, even though there may be some centralisation in regards to who are the bst donors.
Some other improved mons that maybe even have to be banned:
Belly drum abusers

Prankster abusers

Spore abusers

Contrary abusers

Mimikyu with decent stats

Last edited:
No it doesn't.

Also, would purely aesthetic forms be able to be added to other Pokémon? I can see Gastrodon being desirable for a niche.
Either way, I’m not restricting Pokémon to just the fusions’ abilities (Sorry if I sound a bit rude or ignorant here).

Also, I think I may not do aesthetic forms because it may just be like Inheritance (Though I may do something like “If the form you choose doesn’t have any stat changes, the forms base stats get divided by 1/3 and the base Pokémon receives those new stats as stat boosts).

Thank you for responding again!

Metagame premise
:

Potential bans and threats:
It may not be allowed to inherit Slakings or Regigigas'S Basestats since they are too strong.

Do you have suggestions for a better name?
Do you think Abilities and or Move(s) should be included in the inheritance?
Anyone willing to join a council for such a metagame?
This seems like an interesting metagame. I think that belly drum and shell smash could probably be watchlisted and possibly banned. Giving pretty much any shell smasher the stats of something like blacephalon or kyurem which have great mixed offenses, or something like kartana with its sky high attack stat sounds like it could become problematic.
+2 0 SpA Cloyster (Kyurem) Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Melmetal: 421-496 (88.8 - 104.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 0 SpA Cloyster (Kyurem) Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Regirock: 295-348 (81 - 95.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Cloyster (Kyurem) Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 120-145 (32.9 - 39.8%) -- approx. 88.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 0 SpA Cloyster (Kyurem) Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Registeel: 208-246 (57.1 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
(90-107.3 total)

+2 252+ Atk Cloyster (Kartana) Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Registeel: 205-240 (56.3 - 65.9%) -- approx. 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 0 Atk Turtonator (Kyurem) Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Slowking (Regice): 179-211 (49.1 - 57.9%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO

+2 252+ Atk Crustle (Kartana) Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable (Regirock): 199-235 (54.6 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Belly drum is a similar premise. Something like linoone with kartana's stats seems really hard to stop without a fast special attacking ghost.
+6 252+ Atk Linoone (Kartana) Stomping Tantrum vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Registeel: 498-586 (136.8 - 160.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Linoone (Kartana) Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 296-348 (91.6 - 107.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252+ Atk Linoone (Kartana) Stomping Tantrum vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Melmetal: 516-608 (108.8 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Linoone (Kartana) Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 498-586 (126.3 - 148.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I don't believe linoone is the only problematic abuser, though banning kartana might potentially be enough (without ubers, the next highest attack stat is haxorus at 147, a full 34 points lower than kartana).

If these end up staying, I could see quagsire or clefable donating from things like blissey/regice, regirock, or registeel as strong ways to stop setup.

So I have an idea. :ss/Groudon: Freetems :ss/Rayquaza:
Premise (Non Pokemon specific items lose their restrictions. EX: Choice items don't lock, focus sash can be used at any HP not just full)
Clarification(Single-use does not qualify as a restriction unless it has to not qualify as a pet mod)
Clauses:
Ou Banlist
Air Ballon (Immune to all non status)
Harvest (Lets you have infinite turns if you have a berry and you come in with sun)
2 item clause : No one wants to face sash spam:
(let me know if I should add more)
Watchlist: Focus sash, Unburden, Knock Off, Eviolite
:sitrus berry: All health activated berries will activate at full hp
:Choice scarf: All choice items do not lock you into a move
:Eviolite: Boosts all pokemon's defenses by 1.5
:Rocky Helmet: Chips opponents from any move that they click
:Life Orb: No recoil
:Assault Vest: You can use status moves
:Cell battery: All type hit activated things work from any move:
:Black Glasses: All 1 type boost moves work for all types
:Occa Berry: Half supereffective attack berries work for any type
:red card: Items that only work when you survive work when you faint too
:electric seed: activates on any terrain
I'll add more if people think this meta is good
Knock off becomes even better so that's probably gonna get the ban hammer. (Lemme know) Unburden nasty when you can get it for free on switch in. Eviolite will become the teirs best defensive item and choice will become offense's. LO is outclassed by choice items now but can be used on mixed sets. Rocky helm gives a nice way to deal with sash and can gives out free chip which can be abused later by a late game clenaer. I will add more stuff if people like the idea, I'm just getting the idea out for now.

Last edited:
Was this inspired by the Max Berries council asking someone to make a Max Items pet mod? Whatever the case, having type-based item affect/be affected by all types seems too overpowered. Similarly, healing berries would be useless, and shouldn't Eviolite be considered Pokémon-specific? Also, the name reminds me of the FreeTem organisation from Temtem; it took me a while to realise that it's short for Free Items.

Was this inspired by the Max Berries council asking someone to make a Max Items pet mod? Whatever the case, having type-based item affect/be affected by all types seems too overpowered. Similarly, healing berries would be useless, and shouldn't Eviolite be considered Pokémon-specific? Also, the name reminds me of the FreeTem organisation from Temtem; it took me a while to realise that it's short for Free Items.
By Pokemon specific I mean all items listed pokemon specific by smogon, like illustrious irb and soul dew. Eviolite works for all nfe pokemon, while the pokemon specific work for 1 or 2 pokemon. And yes healing berrys will be useless, but you can just use other items. And yes it was inspired by max berries a little, but I already had the idea before max berries and I just never posted it. I am not sure which of the ype activated berries you think would be broken, please specify.

So here is the premise that I am thinking of: RKS Cup. Essentially, it is a Hackmons-style cup (all items, moves, and abilities available) but the only Pokémon available is Silvally. I believe I read something on Smogon saying that the Silvally forms are available in any type without needing the RKS System ability (this may have been in Hackmons or AAA where they said this). I had considered making this a Mew Cup, where it would just be 6v6 Mew, but the fact that Mew will always be the same type means that it will have a few consistent weaknesses.

Restrictions:

Ability - Wonder Guard (As Silvally Fire could use Burn Up and become immune to any attacks)
"Not Enough Memory" Clause: You cannot have two Silvally on your team with the same type.

Silvally has base 95 in all stats, meaning that any set could be viable. Expanding the available moveset makes Silvally an actual threat instead of the Untiered 'mon that some of its forms are. Also, since everyone else on the field is also a Silvally, you will always be on par with your opposition!

[Writing this at work so sorry for the plain text/no formatting.]

So I have an idea. :ss/Groudon: Freetems :ss/Rayquaza:
Premise (Non Pokemon specific items lose their restrictions. EX: Choice items don't lock, focus sash can be used at any HP not just full)
Clarification(Single-use does not qualify as a restriction unless it has to not qualify as a pet mod)
Clauses:
Ou Banlist
Air Ballon (Immune to all non status)
Harvest (Lets you have infinite turns if you have a berry and you come in with sun)
2 item clause : No one wants to face sash spam:
(let me know if I should add more)
Watchlist: Focus sash, Unburden, Knock Off, Eviolite
:sitrus berry: All health activated berries will activate at full hp
:Choice scarf: All choice items do not lock you into a move
:Eviolite: Boosts all pokemon's defenses by 1.5
:Rocky Helmet: Chips opponents from any move that they click
:Life Orb: No recoil
:Assault Vest: You can use status moves
:Cell battery: All type hit activated things work from any move:
:Black Glasses: All 1 type boost moves work for all types
:Occa Berry: Half supereffective attack berries work for any type
:red card: Items that only work when you survive work when you faint too
:electric seed: activates on any terrain
I'll add more if people think this meta is good
Knock off becomes even better so that's probably gonna get the ban hammer. (Lemme know) Unburden nasty when you can get it for free on switch in. Eviolite will become the teirs best defensive item and choice will become offense's. LO is outclassed by choice items now but can be used on mixed sets. Rocky helm gives a nice way to deal with sash and can gives out free chip which can be abused later by a late game clenaer. I will add more stuff if people like the idea, I'm just getting the idea out for now.
Wait, what about Black Sludge? Will heal any type Pokémon? or will hurt even Poison types? both at same time, making it useless?

Equivalent Exchange
Premise:
Sacrifice 2 moveslots for an extra ability.
Rules:
Bans (abilities can't be base ability or extra ability): Emergency Exit + Regenerator, Wimp Out + Regenerator. Neutralizing Gas, OU Banlist/Clauses, Shedinja
Restrictions (can't be the extra ability): AAA Banlist (might change but this is just a starting point)
Unbans: None yet.

Strategy:
Defensive pokemon can now get incredible abilities such as Regenerator, Magic Bounce, Unaware, Magic Guard.
Offensive pokemon can now get incredible abilities such as Magic Guard, Regenerator, -ate abilities, Adaptability, Terrain abilities, Tinted Lens.

What makes this different from AAA?
Getting a second ability is a choice that hinders some Pokemon more than others. Notably, things that really like more than 2 moves (for example Corviknight "needing" U-Turn, Roost, Defog) might choose not to exchange their moves for abilities. Apart from that, Pokemon keep their identity more. Obstagoon still runs Flame Orb and Guts, but now gets Quick Feet to move it to a more comfortable speed tier. Togekiss still runs stupid flinch hax, but now has Gale Wings to make it stupid flinch hax that goes first. Choice Scarf Kartana still is an incredible sweeper that can snowball easily, but it now runs Tinted Lens to allow it to break through bulky resists.

Is this interesting enough, and more importantly different enough from AAA? Is 2 moves too big of a hindrance, too small of a hindrance, or fine?
Well you could make it so that you can have four moves, but if you want a second ability you have two moves and an ability in the first spot.

I am not sure which of the ype activated berries you think would be broken, please specify
I wasn't talking about the type berries, but your proposal for the Air Balloon and those items that boost a stat when hit by a certain type. Although, how would the type berries work in Freetems?

PQRDG Eh, metas that restrict a player's options tend to get rejected.

Okay, so the RKS Cup premise won't work on it's own like that. So, here is the new, updated premise I am working on:

1) The rules for Silvally still stands. It has access to all of its types without needing its signature ability, and it gets access to new moves and abilities it didn't have before [Wonder Guard quick-banned at the start, several other abilities (Contrary, Huge Power, etc.) would also be joining that ban list]

2) More Pokémon are allowed. Current ban-list is any Pokémon in Ubers, OU, or certain mythical Pokémon with a BST of 600 (such as Jirachi or Mew)

3) This is the big change. Any Pokémon that holds a Memory (normally the signature item of Silvally) instead gets the following benefits:
-A Pokémon holding a Memory can choose to change it's ability to one of the ones allowed in the chart below.
-If the Pokémon does not change its ability, it can instead learn ONE new move it could not before, as long as the move matches the type of the Memory it is holding.
-The Pokémon changes its SECONDARY type to match that of the memory.
-The Pokémon gets a +5 to each of its stats.

Memory TypeAbility 1Ability 2
FireFlame BodySteam Engine
WaterNatural CureRain Dish
GrassCotton DownEffect Spore
ElectricDownloadMotor Drive
IceIce BodyClear Body
FightingGutsScrappy
PoisonStenchCorrosion
GroundRough SkinWater Compaction
FlyingEarly BirdCloud Nine
PsychicWonder SkinLevitate
BugShell ArmorCompound Eyes
RockRock HeadSolid Rock
GhostMummyCursed Body
DarkPranksterMoxie
DragonIntimidateMold Breaker
SteelSteelworkerIron Barbs
FairyCute CharmCompetitive

These buffs also apply to Silvally itself, allowing it for the first time to be more than a single type, and have a base 100 stat spread across the board.

I believe this would allow some lower-tier Pokémon to shine in the spotlight a bit thanks to some new tools and buffs at their disposal, as well as being a significant change to the pseudo-god.

Restrictions not mentioned above:
-"Not-Enough-Memory" Clause: If you so desired, each member of your team could hold a Memory. However, none of these Pokémon can hold the same TYPE of Memory.
Signature Move Clause: Moves that Silvally, and anyone else holding a Memory, cannot learn certain signature moves of banned Pokémon, such as V-Create or Geomancy.

Some of these restrictions could be reworked, but this at least allows for more diversity, and it really gives some chance for unique sets using new counters for the improved Silvally. Let me know what you think!

Edit: another minor change to the possible meta, granting other Pokémon some more potential as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)