Metagame Workshop

if you change how an ability works it might end up as a pet mod also what is shared power? the byobility?
^this

usually if you change how a specific something works, it would classify as a pet mod. im also gonna say ive attempted at coding this with like zero luck, only because im a n00b at coding, so i might be of some use? ill keep trying, though.

I really don't think Plus or Minus are abilities worth complaining about in this metagame. Like Haakunite said, the donors of either abilities are all subpar(nobody's gonna be using nonmega Manectric without Lightningrod, and nonmega Ampharos in general isnt a good pokemon in the slightest) - and even the ones that are half decent like Klingklang would work better as donors and pokemon themselves with other abilities, like Clear Body in Klingklang's case.

In general, I think going without the doubles abilities wouldn't be that big of a loss. Even for Healer and Flower Veil, donors aren't great pokemon overall - and in the case of Flower Veil and Healer better abilities can be donated, i.e. Comfey with Triage, or Alomomola with Regenerator.

branflakes

formerly Branflakes325
is a Tiering Contributor
^I don't think plus/minus really needs to be added to the mix, especially if it means changing mechanics. Also it sounds potentially busted lol. The name Shared Power is good, and I don't think the name of the meta really needs to have some variation of the word "ability" in it.

anyways um

Shiny Swap

A similar idea has been presented in this thread a while back, and seem to have gained traction but never went anywhere as far as I'm aware. I'll still present the idea since it's a simple one.

Metagame premise: A pokemon's shiny form will swap its base Atk with Def, SpA with SpD, HP with Spe (and maybe resistances with weaknesses).

Snorlax(N): 160 HP / 110 Atk / 65 Def / 65 SpA / 110 SpD / 30 Spe
Snorlax(S): 30 HP / 65 Atk / 110 Def / 110 SpA / 65 SpD / 160 Spe

Crobat(N): 85 HP / 90 Atk / 80 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 130 Spe
Crobat(S): 130 HP / 80 Atk / 90 Def / 80 SpA / 70 SpD / 85 Spe

Potential bans and threats:
-I can't think of anything obviously broken with this mechanic, but some speedy attackers would make really solid walls and some fat mons would be really dangerous offensively. Huge power mons like Azumarill and Mega Mawile get a significant buff, but they also take a hit to their bulk that may keep them balanced.
-I can see shiny Araquanid being insane with its base 132 SpA + Water Bubble. It's still weighed down somewhat by its mediocre base 68 speed and 42/70/50 defenses.
-Shiny Steelix is terrifying

Questions for the community:
-Is a simple stat swap too basic? Should something else change with the shiny form? If so, what aspect of a pokemon's abilities/movepool/etc can be "swapped" in a way that the shiny forms won't completely outshine their counterparts?
-Are shiny-based metagame ideas dumb?
-Would teams be comprised of mostly shiny counterparts or would normal forms still see a lot of use?

Last edited:
I think I jumped the gun posting this in submissiosn first, but I'll post it here now:

This metagame is meant to create endless possibilities by allowing you to change the stats and typing of a pokemon - within certain limits! You can "shift" a pokemon up and down the type chart, which will change both primary and secondary types by the same amount. Doing so will also "rotate" your base stats by however many spaces you moved on the type chart.

Take for example Regice:

Normal
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Ice
----------Shift Down Three Types \/
Fighting
Poison
Ground-----
From Ice to Ground
Flying
Psychic
Bug
Rock
Ghost
Dragon
Dark
Steel
Fairy

Rotate Stats Three Times:

HP: 80 - 50 - 200 - 100
Atk: 50 - 80 - 50 - 200
Def: 100 - 50 - 80 - 50
SpA: 100 - 100 - 50 - 80
SpD: 200 - 100 - 100 - 50
Spe: 50 - 200 - 100 - 100

Type: Ice

HP: 80
Atk: 50
Def: 100
SpA: 100
SpD: 200
Spe: 50

Type: Ground

HP: 100
Atk: 200
Def: 50
SpA: 80
SpD: 50
Spe: 100

* this could probably be represented better with a non-text graphic

You can rotate to any other type, essentially giving you access to 6 different stat spreads and three different type combos for each of them. This gives you a lot of options, but is also a bit of a puzzle, as not every desireable stat spread comes with a desireable typing, or vise-versa. I made this chart to help teambuilders: just Ctrl-F to find the pokemon and it will show you all of the possible stat/type combos.

I'm pretty sure the way to go with specifying the rotation in teambuilder would be to specify the type you want your primary type to rotate to. This should be the most simple and intuitive way to think of and specify the rotation. Off the top of my head this could be done with Hidden Power IV's, the type of the move in the first moveslot, or possibly putting a type into the Nickname (if that works).

As mentioned at the start, this concept was designed to get both typing and stats into flux in a way that was open ended but not wholly customizeable. These two traits will hopefully create a metagame that is a huge change of pace and highly conducive to creativity. The idea is to have a nearly endless mine of possibilities for teambuilders to explore.

Sounds fun but the possibilities are so huge that it's hard to wrap my head around it. Also, I noticed that you mixed up Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W's stats in that pastebin document. Otherwise looks good so far.

Well, it’s hardly altering how an ability works. The issue keeping this from being a mechanic is whether it’s necessary enough to add.

This is the description of Plus’s ability:

"When a Pokémon with Plus enters a battle and has an ally with Plus or Minus, the Special Attack stat of the Pokémon with Plus is increased by 50%.”

Technically, all 5 of your allies are active at once as they passively give off the effects of their ability to the entire team. All 5 of your teammates also have the Plus ability if you have the Plus ability, triggering the stat boost.

It has a massive drawback. Plus/Minus has the luxurious list of donors of Plusle, Minun, Ampharos, Dedenne, and Klingklang. You’re essentially playing with 5 Pokemon if you choose to use this ability, even though it’s great.
I mean, it's up to your discretion/the OM council, but I'm almost positive that if changes were made to how those abilities function/what classifies a pokemon as being 'active' etc., it would be classified as a pet mod. There's nothing wrong with that really, but I don't think Pet Mods are eligible for OMotM and I could see this being a really popular OM, so it'd be a shame to lose out on that. Not trying to butt heads, it's a great idea for a meta and I'd be stoked to play it regardless of OM/Pet Mod status, the only concern with that really is accessibility/amount of people who actively play it, as Pet Mods don't seem to be as popular from what I've seen.

Also I feel like Ampharos could actually be pretty decent with the right team support. Pair it with Tornadus-T and it'd be a solid RegenVest pivot with a Volt Switch that hits like a truck.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about the whole pet mod thing than how +/- would actually effect the meta, but it's all your call.

Last edited:
I think I jumped the gun posting this in submissiosn first, but I'll post it here now:

This metagame is meant to create endless possibilities by allowing you to change the stats and typing of a pokemon - within certain limits! You can "shift" a pokemon up and down the type chart, which will change both primary and secondary types by the same amount. Doing so will also "rotate" your base stats by however many spaces you moved on the type chart.

Take for example Regice:

Normal
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Ice
----------Shift Down Three Types \/
Fighting
Poison
Ground-----
From Ice to Ground
Flying
Psychic
Bug
Rock
Ghost
Dragon
Dark
Steel
Fairy

Rotate Stats Three Times:

HP: 80 - 50 - 200 - 100
Atk: 50 - 80 - 50 - 200
Def: 100 - 50 - 80 - 50
SpA: 100 - 100 - 50 - 80
SpD: 200 - 100 - 100 - 50
Spe: 50 - 200 - 100 - 100

Type: Ice

HP: 80
Atk: 50
Def: 100
SpA: 100
SpD: 200
Spe: 50

Type: Ground

HP: 100
Atk: 200
Def: 50
SpA: 80
SpD: 50
Spe: 100

* this could probably be represented better with a non-text graphic

You can rotate to any other type, essentially giving you access to 6 different stat spreads and three different type combos for each of them. This gives you a lot of options, but is also a bit of a puzzle, as not every desireable stat spread comes with a desireable typing, or vise-versa. I made this chart to help teambuilders: just Ctrl-F to find the pokemon and it will show you all of the possible stat/type combos.

I'm pretty sure the way to go with specifying the rotation in teambuilder would be to specify the type you want your primary type to rotate to. This should be the most simple and intuitive way to think of and specify the rotation. Off the top of my head this could be done with Hidden Power IV's, the type of the move in the first moveslot, or possibly putting a type into the Nickname (if that works).

As mentioned at the start, this concept was designed to get both typing and stats into flux in a way that was open ended but not wholly customizeable. These two traits will hopefully create a metagame that is a huge change of pace and highly conducive to creativity. The idea is to have a nearly endless mine of possibilities for teambuilders to explore.
Shedinja should definitely be banned. Some of its possible types have very few weaknesses, such as Dragon/Steel, Water/Electric, and Ghost/Dark. Also, your opponent won't know Shedinja's type until it gets sent out.

^I don't think plus/minus really needs to be added to the mix, especially if it means changing mechanics. Also it sounds potentially busted lol. The name Shared Power is good, and I don't think the name of the meta really needs to have some variation of the word "ability" in it.

anyways um

Shiny Swap

A similar idea has been presented in this thread a while back, and seem to have gained traction but never went anywhere as far as I'm aware. I'll still present the idea since it's a simple one.

Metagame premise: A pokemon's shiny form will swap its base Atk with Def, SpA with SpD, and HP with Spe.

-I can't think of anything obviously broken with this mechanic, but some speedy attackers would make really solid walls and some fat mons would be really dangerous offensively. Huge power mons like Azumarill and Mega Mawile get a significant buff, but they also take a hit to their bulk that may keep them balanced.
-I can see shiny Araquanid being insane with its base 132 SpA + Water Bubble. It's still weighed down somewhat by its mediocre base 68 speed and 42/70/50 defenses.

-Is a simple stat swap too basic? Should something else change with the shiny form? If so, what aspect of a pokemon's abilities/movepool/etc can be "swapped" in a way that the shiny forms won't completely outshine their counterparts?
-Would teams be comprised of mostly shiny counterparts or would normal forms still see a lot of use?
it makes me want to theorymon so thats nice

First off I assume you're removing shiny-locks on mons. If I'm wrong tell me.

110/110/160/110/160/50... I think. How do megas work? Always the question with things like this.
55/10/10/135/75/255 Fastest mon possible with a decent spa. There is no point in investing in speed honestly, besides scarfers guess. Uninvested Blissey outspeeds everything up to fully invested positive natured base 200s or scarfed base 116s... and honestly everything above that except like special scarfed Snorlax is either A) trash B) banned or C) Blissey or Chansey. So it might run speed for itself I guess?
Blissey (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace / Natural CUre
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam / Shadow Ball

110/65/140/65/112/75... who cares about Defeatist when your attack stats suck anyway and you're bulky af?
Archeops @ Leftovers
Ability: Defeatist
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog / Toxic / Knock Off
- Stealth Rock / Toxic / Knock Off
- U-turn

60/150/60/150/60/60... eg it gets shield stats in blade forme and blade stats in shield form. Trash. Might be worth unbanning if the meta gets powerful enough overall (remember non-shiny is still good).
70/180/95/45/85/50... Base 50 at level 100 with 31 IVs, 252+ EVs at +2: 436. Slow but very powerful and decently bulky. Might be better off with a band set than trying to smash.
Cloyster @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell

Cloyster @ Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Last edited:

branflakes

formerly Branflakes325
is a Tiering Contributor
Shiny locks would be removed since OMs don't necessarily comply with game mechanics. Mega forms would also have their stats swapped so something like Mega Beedrill would have a crazy stat spread of 145/40/150/80/15/65. Changing HP stats via form change would work the same way as it would with Power Construct: The max HP changes and the pokemon's current HP is equal to max HP - amount of HP lost. This does bring up a question in regards to pokemon that lose speed while changing form (ie sableye -> mega sableye). In the rare circumstance that the pokemon's max HP - amount of HP lost = less than or equal to zero, would the pokemon just faint upon mega evolving? Because that would be hilarious.

I could also add an inverse battle mechanic that applies to shiny Pokemon defensively, but I worry that this would become more confusing than it would be interesting. Take Beedrill for example: it would have resistances to fire, rock, flying and psychic, while having weaknesses to bug, poison, fighting (4x), fairy and grass (4x). Mechanics for this would be the same as those of in-game inverse battles. Thoughts on this?

Last edited:

anyways um

Shiny Swap

Metagame premise: A pokemon's shiny form will swap its base Atk with Def, SpA with SpD, HP with Spe (and maybe resistances with weaknesses).

My turn.

Ok so some things im gonna point out would be

5/230/10/230/10/20 "lolwut" a low-budget glass cannon, without priority, it cant do much

91/90/145/80/105/89 nani??? a physical wall, and getting intimidate just makes it harder to hit. it also will be bulkier against an ice beam, but who knows.
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

151/37/137/37/137/71 Its time to get bulky! With access to both speed swap and quiver dance, this Phero can set up easily and hinder their foes. plus with beast boost not affecting its speed, it can get a buff in defense/special defense.
Pheromosa @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Speed Swap (Speed + 1)
- Quiver Dance
- Toxic

Last edited:
Shiny Swap

A simple stat swap is fine, considering it creates a huge pool of interesting new builds to try. Also considering the binary nature of the swap using shiny/not shiny makes perfect sense as a way to make it work in the teambuilder and be visible to your opponent.

I think normal pokemon will see some use, as not every swap is going to be an improvement or viable. People will focus on swaps that create unusual builds or seek out a particular combination of two high stats, but you don't necessarily want a whole team of very specialized pokemon. It might be hard to make a whole ideal team out of swaps. It also depends on how many "Uber" powered threats can be discovered; if there aren't enough for a whole metagame then the top threats of OU will fill in the spaces. Also I think are a shortage of pokemon whose stats will swap into ideal sweepers; most seem to be glass cannons or have subpar speed or attacking stats.

Some theorymon:

Kartana: Grass/Steel
109/131/181/31/59/59

Though it's attack drops to a mere 131, the advent of 109/181/59 defenses on solid defensive typing could make a for a nice Choice Bander, defog pivot, or Swords Dance wallbreaker. If you are willing to part with a few def points you can still get Beast Boost to give an attack boost.

Okay I have uh... a couple questions about that Phero.

1. Why psychium-z when you already have quiver dance?
2. Why is it invested in attack? (Or is that supposed to be defense because shiny swap?)
3. It's SpAtk is so bad and Bug Buzz is... not a great move, coverage wise. I just don't get what this set is supposed to accomplish.

Anyway:

120/45/50/95/135/55

Zam's got a cool niche in Magic Guard, which allows it to dish out a respectable amount of damage thanks to Life Orb and it's still passable 95 SpAtk, or spread burns with a psycho shift set, patching up it's less than stellar physical defense. It also has access to knock off, recover, encore. Just a huge array of support moves that could make it a really interesting mon in this meta.

80/60/160/130/170/80

Hoopa-U is now bulkier than Toxapex with 130 SpAtk. Unfortunately, it's only recovery options are recycle and drain punch, the latter of which is a bit of a joke with this stat spread. But it's ability to take hits and hit back is pretty noticeable. Though the fact that it has no resistances is a bit worrying for a defensive mon.

103/47/53/131/127/109

Nihilego still has a lot working against it, but gains just enough speed and extra firepower in this meta to maybe justify using it, without losing out on too much bulk.

85/120/70/130/75/120

Cresselia undergoes a complete role reversal, being one of the few defensive pokemon who gains speed along with a powerful attacking stat. It's basically regular Zam with more physical bulk and the ability to go mixed, along with a worse ability. What Cresselia has over Zam however is a fast Lunar Dance, which allows it to dish out some damage and heal it's replacement when it starts to feel threatened and switching isn't a desirable option.

79/139/139/53/53/107

It's fast now.

(Latios)

110/100/130/120/160/80

This would probably just function like Latias does currently, only it's bulkier and slower, still not bad.

Okay I have uh... a couple questions about that Phero.

1. Why psychium-z when you already have quiver dance?
2. Why is it invested in attack? (Or is that supposed to be defense because shiny swap?)
3. It's SpAtk is so bad and Bug Buzz is... not a great move, coverage wise. I just don't get what this set is supposed to accomplish.

Anyway:

120/45/50/95/135/55

Zam's got a cool niche in Magic Guard, which allows it to dish out a respectable amount of damage thanks to Life Orb and it's still passable 95 SpAtk, or spread burns with a psycho shift set, patching up it's less than stellar physical defense. It also has access to knock off, recover, encore. Just a huge array of support moves that could make it a really interesting mon in this meta.

80/60/160/130/170/80

Hoopa-U is now bulkier than Toxapex with 130 SpAtk. Unfortunately, it's only recovery options are recycle and drain punch, the latter of which is a bit of a joke with this stat spread. But it's ability to take hits and hit back is pretty noticeable. Though the fact that it has no resistances is a bit worrying for a defensive mon.

103/47/53/131/127/109

Nihilego still has a lot working against it, but gains just enough speed and extra firepower in this meta to maybe justify using it, without losing out on too much bulk.

85/120/70/130/75/120

Cresselia undergoes a complete role reversal, being one of the few defensive pokemon who gains speed along with a powerful attacking stat. It's basically regular Zam with more physical bulk and the ability to go mixed, along with a worse ability. What Cresselia has over Zam however is a fast Lunar Dance, which allows it to dish out some damage and heal it's replacement when it starts to feel threatened and switching isn't a desirable option.

79/139/139/53/53/107

It's fast now.

(Latios)

110/100/130/120/160/80

This would probably just function like Latias does currently, only it's bulkier and slower, still not bad.
Yes, the attack invested meant to be defensive. Bug Buzz was just the first thing that came to mind for STAB, since its attack and special attack stat is much the same. Psychium Z, looking at it now, is not the best of options, when you do have quiver dance you could run, when you could run Poisonium Z or a Rocky Helmet for Bug Buzz, you could probably switch that to Electroweb/Ice Beam for some coverage for those pesky flying types, who are now going to be pretty bulky.

Yes, the attack invested meant to be defensive. Bug Buzz was just the first thing that came to mind for STAB, since its attack and special attack stat is much the same. Psychium Z, looking at it now, is not the best of options, when you do have quiver dance you could run, when you could run Poisonium Z or a Rocky Helmet for Bug Buzz, you could probably switch that to Electroweb/Ice Beam for some coverage for those pesky flying types, who are now going to be pretty bulky.
Honestly, shiny Pheromosa is so weak that trying to do anything remotely offensive with it seems like a waste. I feel like Shiny Phero would be better utilized as a harard remover.

Pheromosa @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Roost
- U-turn
- Taunt / Toxic / Foul Play

Rapid Spin clears away hazards. Roost helps Phero to not get worn down by the hazards it's supposed to be removing, and healing in general is a staple on defensive mons. U-turn prevents Phero from being a total momentum sink. Taunt prevents slower hazard setters from getting up hazards in the first place. Toxic and Foul Play are also options that give Phero some way of dealing damage.

That Pheromosa is definitely better, and also reminded me to check this out

145/40/70/60/100/80

Sure, Phero's raw bulk is better, but Accelgor has better defensive abilities, Spikes, Encore, Recover, Yawn (if you wanna force switches) and then some. Tbh they're not really comparable, as Accelgor can't fit the role of a hazard remover. They're both just cool defensive bugs. It is worth pointing out though that Accelgor has an absolutely massive Final Gambit, and 80 speed isn't too bad for a defensive mon.

Now some more stuff

91/42/85/42/85/60

While 91/85/85 bulk is pretty good, it's not phenomenal by any means. That changes when you consider that Murkrow can carry an eviolite, and has the benefit of prankster and a STAB Foul Play to bypass it's own mediocre offensive stats.

108/71/104/71/104/76

Infernape has an absolutely incredible movepool, and thanks to the added bulk can finally make use of it. Will-o-wisp, encore, slack off, calm mind and nasty plot are just a few examples of it's utility. While boosting sets may lack the punch that standard infernape's would, it's going to have a much easier time setting up. Alternatively, a fully utility based set consisting of Fake Out, U-Turn, Stealth Rocks and Slack Off might not be too bad either.

121/80/100/90/110/79

It might not hit too hard, but it has better mixed bulk than Tangrowth without an Assault Vest, and plenty of options for annoying opponents.

Speaking of regen mon's, Amoonguss has absolutely terrible bulk now, but it does have a handy base 114 speed, giving it the fastest spore in the game by a long shot.

heres a few more:

45/110/80/80/50/60
Now gets an incredible attack boost, and giving it Thick Club just makes it even more of a brute. use his niche of Flare Blitz and Rock Head, and you've got what'll break Phero and Accelgor.

50/80/50/80/60/100
"oh no" -knuckles
Yeah, we all knew this was coming
ditching its OK defenses to bring on the heavy hitter we all can respect. it becomes much faster too, and while you might not want to pull out a belly drum to its just about halved health, then maybe waterfall or power up punch is for you.

speaking of huge power...

50/125/105/95/55/50
*inhales*
boi
are you telling me... that i can get mawile... with an even stronger attack? Lets think about it. Steel/Fairy is already a super defensive typing. with 2 Immunities, 2 Weaknesses, and 9 Resistances? surely you dont need that much bulk. so lets drop it a bit. so now that we've got our stats in the rightful places, "here comes that special boy"

I have decided to work on a Shared Power ability compendium for when the metagame is released. Keep in mind that this list isn’t even close to finished and that the abilties themselves are in no particular order. The purpose of this resource is to illustrate the most useful abilities, it’s best users, and its best receivers. These will be grouped into different categories for different playstyles. Notice how Magic Guard falls under “all-around” and not “balanced” since it, and several other abilities are usable in a wide variety of archetypes. While I understand basically everything benefits from everything, this makes it easier to see the most viable team options (I intend for the order of the supporters/receivers to be based on viability). This is missing a very important platystyle in the metagame which is weather. Before I add other abilities, let me know what you think!

Magic Guard
Supporters:

Receivers:

Multiscale
Supporters:

Receivers:
Regenerator
Supporters:

Receivers:

Unaware
Supporters:

Receivers:
Adaptability
Supporters:

Receivers:

Sheer Force
Supporters:

Receivers:

Tough Claws
Supporters:

Receivers:
Levitate
Supporters:

Receivers:

Water Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Fire Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Electric Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Last edited:
I have decided to work on a Shared Power ability compendium for when the metagame is released. Keep in mind that this list isn’t even close to finished and that the abilties themselves are in no particular order. The purpose of this resource is to illustrate the most useful abilities, it’s best users, and its best receivers. These will be grouped into different categories for different playstyles. Notice how Magic Guard falls under “all-around” and not “balanced” since it, and several other abilities are usable in a wide variety of archetypes. While I understand basically everything benefits from everything, this makes it easier to see the most viable team options (I intend for the order of the supporters/receivers to be based on viability). This is missing a very important platystyle in the metagame which is weather. Before I add other abilities, let me know what you think!

Magic Guard
Supporters:

Receivers:
Regenerator
Supporters:

Receivers:

Unaware
Supporters:

Receivers:
Adaptability
Supporters:

Receivers:

Sheer Force
Supporters:

Receivers:
Levitate
Supporters:

Receivers:

Water Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Fire Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:

Electric Immunity
Supporters:

Receivers:
Could Crawdaunt be added as an Adaptability supporter and Cresselia and Uxie as Levitate Supporters?

Last edited:
Memento Mori

Metagame premise:This OM makes Pokemon to use a move which would normally make them faint after they have died, depending on their bst, meaning that for example, a pokemon with 300 or less BST would use final gambit on KO, without having the move in its moveset. This increases viability of lower BST mons without changing The Pokémon itself. Once three pokemon are dead, you must forfeit, which is the remorse clause. This is to make it so saving one pokemon is more important than keeping another at full health.

BST chart for moves used on KO

Less than or equal to 300, 80 or less HP stat- Final Gambit for whatever their full HP was. This would be implemented by reviving The Pokémon, and forcing Final gambit.
Less than or equal to 300, more than 80 HP stat- Memento
300-500, 80 or less HP- Explosion
300-500, Hp 80+- Self Destruct
500+ Self Destruct

Pyukumuku (Innards out+Final Gambit is crazy)
OU Bans
Shadow Tag
Regenerator

Questions for the community: I just wanted to float the idea, and see if it is ready for a submission to the OMs team.

If they've already fainted, then Final Gambit for 0 HP just isn't that impressive.
Done

This sounds WAYYY to close to Last Will.......
There are more small changes, but it is very close, I agree...

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

Spreading Like Wildfire
is a Pre-Contributor
Shared Power Ideas:

1. Kyurem-Black
  2. Kyurem-Black
  3. Kyurem-Black
  4. Kyurem-Black
  5. Kyurem-Black
  6. Kyurem-Black
  7. ect
For real, this thing can get: Refrigerate, Tough Claws, Speed Boost, Adaptability, Guts and Teravolt all in 1 set. Don't burn this thing, or you get a Refrigerate Return with Guts boost + everything else. (855 Atk, and Return becomes Ice and gets a BP of 122, plus Adaptability, + Ice typing. Then with Speed Boost you can protect first turn, and get up to 475 Spe (Timid Max Spe) in 1 turn... Have fun

Memento Mori

Metagame premise:This OM makes Pokemon to use a move which would normally make them faint after they have died, depending on their bst, meaning that for example, a pokemon with 300 or less BST would use final gambit on KO, without having the move in its moveset. This increases viability of lower BST mons without changing The Pokémon itself. Once three pokemon are dead, you must forfeit, which is the remorse clause. This is to make it so saving one pokemon is more important than keeping another at full health.

BST chart for moves used on KO

Less than or equal to 300, 80 or less HP stat- Final Gambit for whatever their full HP was. This would be implemented by reviving The Pokémon, and forcing Final gambit.
Less than or equal to 300, more than 80 HP stat- Memento
300-500, 80 or less HP- Explosion
300-500, Hp 80+- Self Destruct
500+ Self Destruct

Pyukumuku (Innards out+Final Gambit is crazy)
OU Bans
Shadow Tag
Regenerator

Questions for the community: I just wanted to float the idea, and see if it is ready for a submission to the OMs team.

Done
This sounds WAYYY to close to Last Will.......

I’m ecstatic about all of the Shared Power discussion going on, so I’ve decided to share a team I made a while back. I’d like to give a shoutout to aGroove for helping me out and discussing the metagame with me prior to making this. Without further ado, this is a sand team that showcases the Shared Power elements very well. It’s a very straightforward team, and everything has a clear and defined role, so here it is:

- Mega Tyranitar supports the entire team with Sand Stream. This is essential to every Sand team as it will also receive the various abilities from its teammates, including Sand Rush, making it a very dangerous Pokemon by itself thanks to its access to Dragon Dance.
- Excadrill supports the team with Sand Rush, allowing itself and every other Pokemon to double its Speed as long as Sandstorm is active.
- At a glance, we can see that the team has 4 Ground-weak Pokemon which is unacceptable. Latios provides Levitate which negates this and allows the team to do well against opposing Sand teams. It also appreciates the Speed boost from Sand Rush.
- Alakazam is another great option for this team as it supports it with Magic Guard. Magic Guard is an amazing ability that not only negates the unnecessary damage from Sandstorm, but it also negates all entry hazard and Life Orb recoil, giving the team a great matchup against offense and defense.
- Toxicroak may seem like a strange choice, but it’s actually the best Water-immune Pokemon on Sand teams. Not only does it grant the entire team an important immunity to Water, but it also heals everything in Rain, helping you win the weather war against these teams. It’s Ground weakness is also negated by Levitate, and it appreciates the Sand Rush boost.
- Lastly, Blacephalon wraps everything up with Beast Boost. Combined with Sand Rush, it can completely devastate teams. Additional Water- and Ground-immunities do not hurt it at all, and most importantly, Magic Guard allows it to not only become unnaffected by Stealth Rock, but it allows Blacephalon to fire off recoil-free Mind Blowns and tear through teams.

This pretty much concludes the teambuilding process and explains the individual roles that each Pokemon have. As you can see, the teambuilding process for this metagame is rather different, as synergy is more important here. The ability slot is everything in this tier, as unique combinations can help your team overcome different playstyles. Immunities play a great role here as well, as Pokemon with crippling weaknesses (Ferrothorn, Magnezone) can be alleviated by its newfound immunities. To be totally clear, I do believe Sand Stream is an ability to suspect sometime in the future, but I just wanted to show off my thought process when attempting to build teams for this metagame. Please let me know what you think!

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Counter

Blacephalon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Will-O-Wisp

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Defog

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 2)