Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xtreme
Metagame premise: By holding any battle item in Xtreme, its effect will be activated when the Pokemon holding it switches in. For instance, if the Pokemon has X-Attack, it will boost attack by two stages. However, the battle item will be consumed after activation, so think twice before switching.

Banlist:
Ubers clause

Potential bans and threats:
Necrozma Dusk Mane will have a field day in Xtreme since it appreciate attack, defense or speed boosts from battle items. Seems like a banworthy target, but I feel like it's something best seen in action before taking any action.

Another Pokemon that will greatly benefited from the transition to Xtreme is Zygarde. Now it has a way to boost its special defense or a quicker way to boost its attack. If Power Construct activates while it still has the battle item boosts, then it will be a complete nightmare.

And anything with inaccurate move will appreciate the boost from X-Accuracy. Not much else to say about that part.

Questions to community:
Is it a good concept overall?
What other idea can you think of?

Last edited:
Hello! I sometimes tend to check out other threads and since this one allows you to submit ideas for OMs I might as well give my own:

Deathwish
(this sounds like a good name right?)
Hello everyone and welcome to Deathwish! This does seem like a self-explanatory name but of course the rules have to be established anyway. So here it is:

• Every time a Pokémon faints, they offer a Deathwish before dying that either supports their team or disrupts the opposing team.
  • The effect varies based on the Pokemon’s typing. If the Pokémon has a dual typing then the player must choose what effect they want to activate on the field (ie. If your Gengar faints, you can now use either the Ghost type Deathwish or the Poison type Deathwish before fainting).
  • Mega Stones and Z-Moves also work differently in this OM. A Pokemon cannot Mega Evolve until they faint. When they do, they automatically Mega Evolve, their health is restored back to full, and any stat changes are removed. Z-Moves are similar as they can only be used once your Pokémon faints. This is simply your Pokémon dealing one final powerful blow before fainting. However, at the cost of using a Mega Stone or a Z-Move, you cannot use their type’s Deathwish.
  • Deathwish effects cannot be stacked. You will see why after reading what each effect does.
  • Pokémon that have the abilities Protean, Color Change, and Imposter will only have the Deathwishes of the type/types that they end up as before fainting. This same rule applies to the moves Transform and Reflect Type.

Now without further ado, I present you the effects in this box. They are all put in alphabetical order:​

Bug: When a Bug type faints, it sets up a Sticky Web on the opponent’s team and uses Infestation.
Dark: When a Dark type faints, it uses Memento and removes the item on the opposing Pokémon (this does not effect Mega Stones and Z-Moves)
Dragon: When a Dragon type faints, it forces the opposing Pokémon out of the field and the next Pokémon that comes in has -1 Attack and Special Attack and is prevented from switching out for one turn.
Electric: When an Electric type faints, it paralyzes the opposing Pokémon and your side of the field gains the Magnet Rise effect for 5 turns.
Fairy: When a Fairy type faints, it sets up a Misty Terrain and the next Pokémon that’s switched in on your team is healed up to full.
Fighting: When a Fighting type faints, it gives the next Pokémon to be switched in +1 in Attack and Speed.
Fire: When a Fire type faints, it sets up Sun and burns the opposing Pokémon.
Flying: When a Flying type faints, it removes all hazards on your side of the field and sets up a Tailwind.
Ghost: When a Ghost type faints, it places a Curse on the opposing Pokémon and prevents them from switching out for a turn.
Grass: When a Grass type Pokémon faints, it places a Leech Seed on the opposing Pokémon and prevents them from switching out for a turn.
Ground: When a Ground type faints, it sets up a layer of Spikes and intensifies Gravity for 5 turns.
Ice: When an Ice type faints, it sets up Hail and Aurora Veil.
Normal: When a Normal type faints, it gives the next Pokémon that switches in a Substitute and removes any status conditions on it.
Poison: When a Poison type faints, it sets up a layer of Toxic Spikes and poisons the opposing Pokémon.
Psychic: When a Psychic type faints, it gives the next Pokémon to be switched in +1 Special Attack and Speed.
Rock: When a Rock type faints, it sets up a Sandstorm and Stealth Rocks.
Steel: When a Steel type faints, the next Pokémon to be switched in gets +1 in Defense and Special Defense.
Water: When a Water type faints, it sets up Rain and gives the next Pokémon that switches in Aqua Ring.
If any of these effects seem broken just either PM me or mention me in this thread.

Now for the banlist:
OU Clauses
No specific Pokémon yet but if any Pokémon does appear broken in this OM just message me.
Banned Moves: Explosion, Self-Destruct, Memento, Healing Wish, Lunar Dance, Curse, Mind Blown

(I’m unsure about banning both Curse and Mind Blown but I really don’t want this meta even more recoil heavy than it already looks)

What does this metagame bring to the table?
This metagame requires players to play a lot more strategical as they must choose carefully on what to sack and what they should eliminate first. You could try to pull off a sweep, but then the opponent can just pass off multiple negative effects on your Pokémon to end your sweep prematurely. There will also probably be some massive weather wars occurring with this metagame along with some hyper offensive teams but I’m confident that this could be a decently balanced metagame.
Edit: Already nerfed Fairy deathwish a little bit cause Healing Wish+Misty Terrain is busted.
Thanks for the likes that I’ve been given since it makes me assume that people like the idea but before I go submit this OM, is there any criticism that any of you guys can provide because I do feel like this OM idea shares some similarities to Last Will. I also am unsure if it would be too difficult to code all of the Deathwishes. So if anyone can spare the time, what are your thoughts?

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.

Move Typing
Welcome to Move Typing! Here, Pokemon can run 1-2 new moves of one type and when it does, the secondary type changes! Though you can only change to a type once per mon in a team, so with valuable types one needs to be careful about what types to use. And yes, the new typing is visible.

Banlist: OU Banlist + Kyurem-Black, And these moves can only be ran on Pokemon that get them naturally;
  • Belly Drum
  • Chatter
  • Extreme Speed
  • Geomancy
  • Lovely Kiss
  • Shell Smash
  • Shift Gear
  • Spore
  • Thousand Arrows
  • V-Create
Looks for some cool ways to abuse types. Seek ways to get amazing offensive coverage by changing your type, seek interesting defensive types to aid you in stalling threats... or you could change to a type just for a special move.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Defog
An Electric / Ice boi for some sweeping.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shore Up
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
A cool typing for offensive stuff and defensive stuff.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn
An example of a mon who doesn't change type to be good.

Give it free moves of one type and you got a great Protean mon.

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
A way to take advantage of natural set-up moves.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shore Up
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
Now with STAB that actually hits steels.

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Nature's Madness
It didn't need the Fairy typing anyway

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- King's Shield
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
Stick the Steel-Typing on something and it's more defensive suddenly.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heal Order
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
A bad mon that can become great in this meta by getting recovery.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
Normal / Ghost is a cool typing to make use of.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog
- Moonblast
Just some more type changing for recovery.

Questions:
-What happens if one of the new types is a type the mon already has?
If it's the primary type, it becomes single-typed. If the secondary type, nothing changes.

-Do I have to run a non-native move to change typing?
Yes you do.

-But what if the mon already learns all moves of that type?
No such mon exists.

-Is this a fun meta?
You tell me. I'd like to hear feedback.
This seems like it already exists as an OM mashup between Camomons and Sketchmons.

And yes, this meta would be amazingly fun.

Xtreme
Metagame premise: By holding any battle item in Xtreme, its effect will be activated when the Pokemon holding it switches in. For instance, if the Pokemon has X-Attack, it will boost attack by two stages. However, the battle item will be consumed after activation, so think twice before switching.

Banlist:
Ubers clause
Battle item clause: Only 1 battle item can be held at a time for each team.

Potential bans and threats:
Necrozma Dusk Mane will have a field day in Xtreme since it appreciate attack, defense or speed boosts from battle items. Seems like a banworthy target, but I feel like it's something best seen in action before taking any action.

Another Pokemon that will greatly benefited from the transition to Xtreme is Zygarde. Now it has a way to boost its special defense or a quicker way to boost its attack. If Power Construct activates while it still has the battle item boosts, then it will be a complete nightmare.

And anything with inaccurate move will appreciate the boost from X-Accuracy. Not much else to say about that part.

Questions to community:
Is it a good concept overall?
What other idea can you think of?
Now Hawlucha doesn't even require terrain support that it doesn't get to take advantage of: just have it hold X Attack and run wild from the start. No need to set up SD.

Kartana @ Dire Hit (yes, that item exists) has guaranteed critical Leaf Blade, Night Slash, and possibly even Psycho Cut, plus 50% criticals on anything else it chooses to run. And of course the snowballing attack stat with every KO those moves pick up.

What happens if you use Recycle to pick one of these items up (or Pickup to steal the scraps of your opponent's item)? Does it fire off again immediately, effectively allowing Recycle to take the place of any 2-point boosting move (such as Magnezone essentially learning Nasty Plot to set up in front of a passive opponent that it's trapped), or is it only "on switch-in" such that Recycle just gives it another shot at the item to use next time? If the "use immediately" behavior prevails, would the item be used (to no effect) even if the stat is already +6, or could you Recycle the item back into reserve at that point?

So Regigigas will either be quick banned or it will have to complete slow start. It's a very unique ability so I'm not quite sure yet. Thanks for the compliment!
How in the world will recycle work? what about magician? also I wonder if there will be any funny gimmicks also how will constant abilities such as guts work? it cant be just a one and done cause it does not have +1 kinda boost its a passive similar to thick club oh right marowak got a slight buff cause now he has thick club as an ability Pikachu I guess got a buff and how will silvally work? cause it kinda needs both will it be that type for one turn then back to normal type after it switches out?

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Alright, so I'm back to present a more refined version of my OM. I tried to condense the rules as well as updated some of them and added some examples of potential viable Pokemon. Introducing:
[name pending] i'm still thinking about it
Mechanics:
  • When a move that forces the user to switch (Volt Switch, U-Turn, Parting Shot) or that self KOs the user (Self-Destruct, Explosion, Final Gambit, Memento, Healing Wish, Perish Song, Lunar Dance), the next Pokemon to come out afterwards will have the last Pokemon's ability, along with their original one.
  • You can chain abilities, meaning that as long as you keep using moves like the aforementioned ones you can keep stacking abilities onto your Pokemon until you manually switch out, where then all abilities return to the original owner on the FOLLOWING turn, NOT the same turn. So, for example, you can't Intimidate Intimidate spam. Duplicate abilities don't stack either, so can't abuse double Intimidate either.
  • If a Pokemon with multiple abilities stacked on it faints or they're effected by something that changes their ability (i.e. Worry Seed or Mummy), the abilities are now lost and cannot be recovered, so the owners of the abilities are left with no abilities for the rest of the match. However, the original Pokemon's ability does not get lost; it will still have it the next time it comes out.
Clauses: All standard OU Clauses apply.
Bans (for now): Magnet Pull, Huge Power, Pure Power, Wonder Guard, passing certain signature abilities (Battle Bond, RKS System etc.) (Pokemon with these abilities can still be used, but their ability will not be passed)
Unbans: None yet!

Strategies:

Greninja is now able to pass Protean, a very valuable ability making every single move you use STAB, as well as potentially avoiding damage from switching types. Greninja is also a great Pokemon to be receiving abilities as well, due to its overall amazing offensive potential.

Cresselia isn't too popular in OU right now, but here she'll be a great in the utility role in an amazing one time only niche. Lunar Dance makes the next Pokemon to come out as if it was fresh out with full HP, no status, and full PP. But what makes this great is now that when using Lunar Dance, Cresselia can pass its ability, Levitate, to the next Pokemon, granting it one less type to worry about and it's completely refreshed. Although you must sacrifice Cresselia, this can grant you great sweeping opportunities, especially if an Electric-type gets the pass.

Alolan Persian now has a great niche in the ability to pass Fur Coat with Parting Shot, making the next Pokemon to come in very bulky.

Whimsicott now can literally shutdown all ability chains while also removing them entirely with Prankster Worry Seed. However, this is must likely the first Pokemon to be looked at in regarding to banning due to how over centralizing it can become.

Cofagrigus can now shutdown all ability chains, provided that they are physical attackers, with Mummy.

That's it for now, I'll be adding to this post frequently until I think it's ready to be submitted. If you have any comments on it like potential quickbans, please do tell, every bit helps!

Last edited:

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
How in the world will recycle work? what about magician? also I wonder if there will be any funny gimmicks also how will constant abilities such as guts work? it cant be just a one and done cause it does not have +1 kinda boost its a passive similar to thick club oh right marowak got a slight buff cause now he has thick club as an ability Pikachu I guess got a buff and how will silvally work? cause it kinda needs both will it be that type for one turn then back to normal type after it switches out?
Magician will still work the same, so it's a great chance to cripple the opponent. Recycle is unfortunately useless, as consumable items like berries are infinite already. Guts will work the same. The only abilities affected are ones that "pop" i.e, the text for the abilities effects shows up in battle. SIlvally's ability will never pop, therefore it is unaffected. (Also, who's gonna use it anyway, lmao?). Hope this helped!

Magician will still work the same, so it's a great chance to cripple the opponent. Recycle is unfortunately useless, as consumable items like berries are infinite already. Guts will work the same. The only abilities affected are ones that "pop" i.e, the text for the abilities effects shows up in battle. SIlvally's ability will never pop, therefore it is unaffected. (Also, who's gonna use it anyway, lmao?). Hope this helped!
would it be useless if I recycled intimidate or something? would it proc right away or would it wait till the next time I switched in? (im trying to think of something that shows up that would work very well with recycle)

disguise works as normal right except maybe it could be tricked?

also say hello to another useless item in harvest as you no longer use up your berries its completely pointless

back to disguise get ready for the most gimicly most stupid idea ever tricking disguise to the foe then using a pokemon with trick and disguise to get disguise and then just recycling along with leppa berry if its legal which it seems like it would be banned right away cause having infinite pp is kinda stupid... for many reasons(oh hi slowbro) unnerve maybe could be useful not 100% sure cause it would stop the berry spam for sure but its a one time use item right? also the berries the stop super effect berries are banned right? (if not why not just give to a pokemon with a single weakness like sableye just for fun :p

also mental herb sounds fun for stall everyone gets oblivious hurrayyyyy…..

also I would say fear just got better but sturdy sucks now soooo no fear

also again chesto is banned?

also sub heal sub heal sub heal sub heal (hurray for berries which give stat boosts)

micle berry sounds fun for hitting low accuracy moves now

also everyone has super luck now

we cant forget snowball now can we(if its legal)

starf berry sounds fun and gimicy with ingrain or aqua ring/leech seed with sub in order to gain a crap ton of stats then go to town

the best one I could find was vaporion I figured celebi would get stored power but nope

i know this sounds super gimicy but if you could some how get aqua ring+sub up and keep getting up sub up using
aqua ring protect sub I mean things already use the sub to proc berries so why not use vaporion maybe to come in on a good match up aqua ring if possible then sub up 2 turns up set up for a instant win pretty much using ice beam or surf(don't want to say hydro pump cause it does not effect accuracy/evasion(most likely would have been quick banned other wise cause its kinda on insane if you could keep doing it.

Alright, so I'm back to present a more refined version of my OM. I tried to condense the rules as well as updated some of them and added some examples of potential viable Pokemon. Introducing:
[name pending] i'm still thinking about it
Mechanics:
  • When a move that forces the user to switch (Volt Switch, U-Turn, Parting Shot) or that self KOs the user (Self-Destruct, Explosion, Final Gambit, Memento, Healing Wish, Perish Song, Lunar Dance), the next Pokemon to come out afterwards will have the last Pokemon's ability, along with their original one.
  • You can chain abilities, meaning that as long as you keep using moves like the aforementioned ones you can keep stacking abilities onto your Pokemon until you manually switch out, where then all abilities return to the original owner on the FOLLOWING turn, NOT the same turn. No Intimidate spam. Duplicate abilities don't stack either, so not double Intimidate either.
  • If a Pokemon with multiple abilities stacked on it faints or they're effected by something that changes their ability (i.e. Worry Seed or Mummy), the abilities are now lost and cannot be recovered, so the owners of the abilities are left with no abilities for the rest of the match. However, the original Pokemon's ability does not get lost; it will still have it the next time it comes out.
Clauses: All standard OU Clauses apply.
Bans (for now): Magnet Pull, Huge Power, Pure Power, Wonder Guard, passing certain signature abilities (Battle Bond, RKS System etc.) (Pokemon with these abilities can still be used, but their ability will not be passed)
Unbans: None yet!

Strategies:

Greninja is now able to pass Protean, a very valuable ability making every single move you use STAB, as well as potentially avoiding damage from switching types. Greninja is also a great Pokemon to be receiving abilities as well, due to its overall amazing offensive potential.

Cresselia isn't too popular in OU right now, but here she'll be a great in the utility role in an amazing one time only niche. Lunar Dance makes the next Pokemon to come out as if it was fresh out with full HP, no status, and full PP. But what makes this great is now that when using Lunar Dance, Cresselia can pass its ability, Levitate, to the next Pokemon, granting it one less type to worry about and it's completely refreshed. Although you must sacrifice Cresselia, this can grant you great sweeping opportunities, especially if an Electric-type gets the pass.

Alolan Persian now has a great niche in the ability to pass Fur Coat with Parting Shot, making the next Pokemon to come in very bulky.

Whimsicott now can literally shutdown all ability chains while also removing them entirely with Prankster Worry Seed. However, this is must likely the first Pokemon to be looked at in regarding to banning due to how over centralizing it can become.

Cofagrigus can now shutdown all ability chains, provided that they are physical attackers, with Mummy.

That's it for now, I'll be adding to this post frequently until I think it's ready to be submitted. If you have any comments on it like potential quickbans, please do tell, every bit helps!

I don't see why you add an additional rules for intimidate it makes the meta more complicated

What happens if you use Recycle to pick one of these items up (or Pickup to steal the scraps of your opponent's item)? Does it fire off again immediately, effectively allowing Recycle to take the place of any 2-point boosting move (such as Magnezone essentially learning Nasty Plot to set up in front of a passive opponent that it's trapped), or is it only "on switch-in" such that Recycle just gives it another shot at the item to use next time? If the "use immediately" behavior prevails, would the item be used (to no effect) even if the stat is already +6, or could you Recycle the item back into reserve at that point?
I would intend its activation to only work upon switching in. So, if Recycle retrieves a battle item, they have to switch-in again to reactivate with. Also for balance's sake. Even if it ended up reactivating immediately after Recycle, that shouldn't be a huge concern since not many Ubers residents actually get Recycle with the exception of Mewtwo, Arceus, and Necrozma.

Anyway, I got another question to the community. Should the battle item restrict battle item to two instead of just one to encourage diversity?

I would intend its activation to only work upon switching in. So, if Recycle retrieves a battle item, they have to switch-in again to reactivate with. Also for balance's sake. Even if it ended up reactivating immediately after Recycle, that shouldn't be a huge concern since not many Ubers residents actually get Recycle with the exception of Mewtwo, Arceus, and Necrozma.

Anyway, I got another question to the community. Should the battle item restrict battle item to two instead of just one to encourage diversity?
Personally, I'd like to see what the meta would be like without the Battle Item Clause.

I don't know if this has been done before , also this is my first time thinking of a metagame thats actually good enough to continue on...

Team Spirit

Premise: Two pokemon have their first moveslot linked. This is basicly like the 'Linked' metagame, but with the added difficulty that moves have to link well two ways.
Once a pokemon uses its move thats in the first moveslot it will launch the first moveslot from the linked pokemon immediately after.
Pokemon are linked 1 to 2, 3 to 4 and 5 to 6.

Potential Bans/Threats:
-
Idk, the normal OU banlist... more things as time goes on & new techs get invented.
-possible threats could be Leaf storm - V-Create Serperior, or basicly any setup move with a strong attack afterwards.also Pledge-moves will be really strong

Questions: what do you think the problems would be for this metagame? What would be overpowered combinations? How do you rate it? Has this been done before? Will i ever stop asking questions?

Id like to hear what you guys think

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been done before , also this is my first time thinking of a metagame thats actually good enough to continue on...

Team Spirit

Premise: Two pokemon have their first moveslot linked. This is basicly like the 'Linked' metagame, but with the added difficulty that moves have to link well two ways.
Once a pokemon uses its move thats in the first moveslot it will launch the first moveslot from the linked pokemon immediately after.

Potential Bans/Threats:
-
Idk, the normal OU banlist... more things as time goes on & new techs get invented.
-possible threats could be Leaf storm - V-Create Serperior, or basicly any setup move with a strong attack afterwards.also Pledge-moves will be really strong

Questions: what do you think the problems would be for this metagame? What would be overpowered combinations? How do you rate it? Has this been done before? Will i ever stop asking questions?

I like the idea but i think it might be quite difficult to wall some pokemon since not only they get a linked move but also extra coverage and the ability to have 5 moves (if we count the linked move as 2 moves). You can use linked banlist to analyze what is broken there (choice items i think for example). For instance, diamond storm is a good move of Diancie which can be used to enhance fire type's coverage or to support defensive (serene grace? ) pokemon and you can use ice beam to raise diancie coverage and dent steel type that might be forced to switch in. Another good combination is dragonite Espeed with mega pinsir quick attack or scizor bullet punch. The former gives pinsir a 144 bp priority stab and the latter gives dnite a way to hit fairies hard with priority.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.

Team Spirit

Potential Bans/Threats:
-

Every move banned in Sketchmons should be banned from linking, for pretty obvious reasons.

Two of the same move should not be allowed to link, for also fairly obvious reasons (and because it’s just kind of boring).

I think healing moves should also be banned from linking. Reasons for this include:

-Regigigas can link Substitute with a healing move, allowing it to survive five turns much more easily.
-Anything with a lot of bulk but no reliable recovery now gets recovery, plus a free attack/Substitute/setup.
-Linking two healing moves allows a Pokémon to heal fully from 1 HP, making something that’s difficult to OHKO nearly impossible to kill. This is especially problematic with Pokémon that have Sturdy.
-Linking a healing move and U-Turn/Volt Switch/Parting Shot effectively gives a better Regenerator and makes pivoting way too broken, especially since it indirectly makes entry hazards less problematic for pivots.

The meta would revolve pretty much entirely around healing moves unless they were banned from linking.

Shackled

Gain -1 in every stat per how many pokemon have been koed on your foes team how ever gain +1 for every pokemon on your team that has been koed

does this effect anything in anyway other then making sweepers less powerful and making getting back into the game easier?

Self sacrificing moves are banned

stat changes are not effected by contrary or simple

Last edited:
Shackled

Gain -1 in every stat per how many pokemon have been koed on your foes team how ever gain +1 for every pokemon on your team that has been koed

does this effect anything in anyway other then making sweepers less powerful and making getting back into the game easier?
Electrode max speed explosion, all im saying is that you might want to look it over

This allows for a lot of setup to happen and evasion boosts are annoying, pair it with a speed boost and it is incredibly broken

Magic bounce and ghost types become nessecary and final gambit/memento is infuriating, however the worst has yet to come.... behold

PERISH SONG

Now offering a boost to your pokemon, a way to off an opponents, or exploiting your opponent if they try to let perish song take them out to get a boost. Here is a basic win win strategy

-Perish song
-switch out on last turn to Contrary malamar
-if opponent dies you can topsy turvy the next switch in and get a boost
-if opponent switches, free switch in

Im bored, here is a crappy idea so this page comes back to life

Colorfull Toxic

Ever feel bored with the regular status effects? Wish that there was something new? Behold! Now you can cook up a new status effect! Simply put toxic on your pokemon, and it will change the effects of toxic accordingly!

Toxic changes its type and effects depending on the users primary type, on if they are shiny, their secondary type. Accuracy does not change from 90%.

Ou banlist etc.

Also, Toxic and it’s other variations can only be on one opponent per effect (eg: can not poison two pokemon at once, but can poison one pokemon and burn one pokemon at once)

Effects:
Poison: Badly poisons target, steel and poison types are immune
Ice: Freezes target for 2 turns, ice types are immune
Fire: Burns the target, fire types are immune
Electric: Paralyzes the target, electric and ground types are immune
Grass: Target sleeps for 2 turns, grass types are immune
Psychic: Target is confused for 5 turns, no types are immune
Ghost: Target becomes Haunted and can no longer use their abilities, normal types are immune
Dark: Target becomes Nervous and can no longer use items, no types are immune
Normal: Target becomes pure normal type, no types are immune
Fighting: Target can no longer escape, ghost types are immune
Ground: Target becomes Grounded and can be hit by ground attacks, no types are immune
Flying: Target switches out, and new target switches out, minus six priority, no types are immune
Water: Swaps user and targets status conditions, not types are immune
Steel: User can not have their stats affected for 3 turns, no types are immune
Dragon: Target becomes Terrified and can not use attacking moves for 2 turns, fairy types are immune
Fairy: Target becomes Enchanted and can no longer be healed, fades on switch out, no types are immune
Bug: Target becomes Entangled and has speed lowered by 4 stages, can be removed with fire attacks or rapid spin, no types are immune
Rock: Target’s ability activates if possible, if it does activate, target takes 1/8 damage, no types are immune

Blah blah blah

Send in comments on this

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Seems like a cool concept, but some of these effects are just bonkers. Guaranteed sleep when you know when they'll wake up is in my opinion pretty overpowered. Otherwise, however, I could see it having potential.

Seems like a cool concept, but some of these effects are just bonkers. Guaranteed sleep when you know when they'll wake up is in my opinion pretty overpowered. Otherwise, however, I could see it having potential.
Is it really that broken? Spore is 100% accurate and the sleep counter is not set, not to mention that magic bounce, lum berry and certain abilities would be running rampant, it does not seem that bad

Okay, the metagame I posted earlier was just something to get people’s attention... since that is not happening i am just gonna bounce an idea i actually like

Do Not Activate

When a Pokemon’s ability activates, it faints!

This is a crazy OM where you can now exploit abilities! Let me give you some examples

Using Thunder and hitting a pokemon with Lightning Rod will make it faint

When Aegislash changes form, it faints

When Protean, Slow Start, Imposter... whatever activate, it faints

The effects it has on the meta is pretty crazy

Abilities that activate at a certain health percentage are horrible, this includes Sturdy (but you can still run Focus Sash)

Entrainment, Skill Swap and Role Play are invaluable

Weather and status become more common, and items are more important

You can see where i am going with this
OU clauses apply
But before i end this, here is...

Ways to counter the ability activation:

Gluttony with Leftovers

Unburden with no item to begin with

Illuminate

Minus and Plus

Suicide leads (example: Drizzle, dies on switchin and allows a free rain boost)

Please comment your thoughts

Okay, the metagame I posted earlier was just something to get people’s attention... since that is not happening i am just gonna bounce an idea i actually like

Do Not Activate

This is a crazy OM where you can now exploit abilities! Let me give you some examples

Abilities that activate at a certain health percentage are horrible, this includes Sturdy (but you can still run Focus Sash)

OU clauses apply

Gluttony with Leftovers

Illuminate

Minus and Plus

I don't like this idea. It doesn't really make anything more viable; it just makes a bunch of stuff less viable.

What it makes more viable is fast Simple Beam (with stat lowering moves) and Worry Seed.

Do always active abilities like Huge Power cause instant fainting?

Do Not Activate

OU clauses apply

Gluttony with Leftovers

Illuminate

Minus and Plus

I think insta kill is too much. I would remove 1/4 of max health instead after activation.

For example, tapu koko would lose 1/4 health when he switchs in, however few pokemon can reliably block volt switch: Lando and Zygarde have abilities that activate when they enter and lighting rod removes health, so only volt absorb users and less viable ground types can be used to block volt switch.

Also, when an ability is considered to be activated? Many abilities have an 'activation' but they are never called ingame (unburden, Gluttony and contrary for example), while there are 'passive' abilities like Mold Breaker and Aura Break which are called when the pokemon switchs in.

I would unban Blaziken and Aegislash. Passive abilities like Magic Guard, Technician and the ates might be dominant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)