Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
the most busted things in this are kartana, magearna, regenerator/volt absorb/water absorb, and defiant/competitive as far as i can see, all of those are absolutely obscene. mummy is fun tech to shut off some of the more broken shit. static/effect spore/poison point/flame body are all really nuts too if they work the way i'm assuming they do

how does battle bond work with this? unburden? does hydration trigger outside of rain? do abilities go off according to speed order? how does this interact with abilities like speed boost and poison heal that already activate at end of turn? where do these effects fit into the end of turn resolution order?
Honestly i think the absolute worst ability is Truant, because if it ONLY activates at the end of each turn, it means slaking does not become a burden, he can still attack every turn

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you:

MorphMons!

(please give me name suggestions)

So, the basic premise of this metagame is that if you put another pokemon in a pokemon's item slot, it's stats and ability are "morphed" into the new one! (no, this is not mix and mega)

Type and moveset are NOT affected

If the pokemon in the item slot has one ability, it is that ability.

If the pokemon in the item slot has a hidden ability, it is always the hidden ability.

For example:

Zygarde @ Tyrantitar would NOT have sand stream, it would have tyranitar's hidden ability: Unnerve.

No Unburden Hawluchas for you :)

Example:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
702 HP
13 ATT
119 DEF
106 SPA
248 SPD
136 SPE

Chansey (F) @ Toxapex
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Soft Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
303 HP
145 ATT
443 DEF
142 SPA
332 SPD
106 SPE

Wish loses a lot of viability, but now Chansey has an enormous defense stat and Seismic toss + Toxic is great for stall

Bans:
  • OU Clauses

Item Slot Bans:

• Shedninja (self-explanatory)
  • Diggersby (huge power - again, self-explanatory)
  • Kartana (Monstrous Attack + Decent Speed + Beast Boost = Ban)
  • Kyurem Black (Same Problem as Kartana)
  • Alakazam (Blacephalon. Must I say more?)
  • Serperior & Lurantis (BH made me hate this ability with a passion.)
Pokemon Bans:
  • Smeargle (self-explanatory)
  • Again, nothing else seems too overpowered, but I'll add more.

Possible Bans & Big Threats:

Item Slot:
  • Greninja
  • Gumshoos?
  • Dragonite
  • Clefable
  • Chansey
  • Tapu Koko/Lele/Bulu
Pokemon:
  • Archeops
  • Victini
  • Anything with a good movepool tbh

Question for the community: Did I miss anything that is too overpowered? What are some good sets that you can think of?

Last edited:
static/effect spore/poison point/flame body are all really nuts too if they work the way i'm assuming they do
If you think it's they status the opponent (or attempt to) each turn then you're right.
how does battle bond work with this?
Since the ability only changes Greninja's form, it just do that at the end of each turn (or succeed 1st try and fail all other times) and nothing else.
unburden?
Succeeds first try and fails all other times. It does not stack.
does hydration trigger outside of rain?
Yep.
do abilities go off according to speed order?
Yep.
how does this interact with abilities like speed boost and poison heal that already activate at end of turn?
They would probably activate twice. Edit: nvm no, nothing would change
where do these effects fit into the end of turn resolution order?
According to your list, this would be put in "Block B" it seems.
Honestly i think the absolute worst ability is Truant, because if it ONLY activates at the end of each turn, it means slaking does not become a burden, he can still attack every turn
Nothing really changes for Slaking, since Truant is still activating at normal intervals. EDIT: Oh wait nvm I see the problem. Guess I Gota ban that

Last edited:

MorphMons!

So, the basic premise of this metagame is that if you put another pokemon in a pokemon's item slot, it's stats and ability are "morphed" into the new one! (no, this is not mix and mega)

If the pokemon in the item slot has a hidden ability, it is always the hidden ability.

For example:

Zygarde @ Tyrantitar would NOT have sand stream, it would have tyranitar's hidden ability: Unnerve.

Example:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
702 HP
13 ATT
119 DEF
106 SPA
248 SPD
136 SPE

Chansey (F) @ Toxapex
Bold Nature
- Soft Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
303 HP
145 ATT
443 DEF
142 SPA
332 SPD
106 SPE

Wish loses a lot of viability, but now Chansey has an enormous defense stat and Seismic toss + Toxic is great for stall

Bans:

Item Slot Bans:

• Shedninja (self explanatory)
  • Nothing else seems too overpowered, but as people think of more exploits, I'll add more.
Pokemon Bans:
  • Again, nothing seems too overpowered, but I'll add more.

Item Slot:
  • Greninja
  • Gumshoos?
  • Alakazam
  • Dragonite
  • Clefable
  • Chansey
Pokemon:
  • Archeops

Question for the community: Did I miss anything that is too overpowered? What are some good sets that you can think of?
So, I have various opinions on this, so let me just state them.
Essentially, In exchange for an item, a Pokemon can use the Move pool and Typing of another pokemon (I'm talking about the end result. A Spiritomb with Hoopa-U as an item slot is essentially Hoopa-U with Spiritomb's Typing and Move pool)
This doesn't really do much, but allow greater move pool freedom (already exists in various forms in metas such as sketchmons and stabmons) and typing (also exists in a bunch. Camomons comes to mind right now)

MorphMons!

For example:

Example:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
702 HP
13 ATT
119 DEF
106 SPA
248 SPD
136 SPE

Chansey (F) @ Toxapex
Bold Nature
- Soft Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
303 HP
145 ATT
443 DEF
142 SPA
332 SPD
106 SPE

Bans:

Item Slot Bans:

• Nothing else seems too overpowered, but as people think of more exploits, I'll add more.
Pokemon Bans:

Item Slot:
  • Greninja
  • Gumshoos?
  • Alakazam
  • Dragonite
  • Clefable
  • Chansey
Pokemon:
  • Archeops

A version of this already kind of exsists in cross evolution, idt this would be approved.

MorphMons!

For example:

Example:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
702 HP
13 ATT
119 DEF
106 SPA
248 SPD
136 SPE

Chansey (F) @ Toxapex
Bold Nature
- Soft Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
303 HP
145 ATT
443 DEF
142 SPA
332 SPD
106 SPE

Bans:

Item Slot Bans:

Pokemon Bans:

Item Slot:
  • Greninja
  • Gumshoos?
  • Alakazam
  • Dragonite
  • Clefable
  • Chansey
Pokemon:
  • Archeops

Rampardos is a huge problem if it gets an accuracy boost

Rampardos is a huge problem if it gets an accuracy boost
Not really. If you're talking about No Guard, then it's pretty easily beaten by anything fast, as the only thing with no guard and semi-decent speed is mega pidgeot, and you cant use megas. Also, no choice scarf or Band.

The only mon with rock head as their hidden ability is tyrantrum, and he has the same problem.

MorphMons!

For example:

Example:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
702 HP
13 ATT
119 DEF
106 SPA
248 SPD
136 SPE

Chansey (F) @ Toxapex
Bold Nature
- Soft Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
303 HP
145 ATT
443 DEF
142 SPA
332 SPD
106 SPE

Bans:

Item Slot Bans:

Pokemon Bans:

Item Slot:
  • Greninja
  • Gumshoos?
  • Alakazam
  • Dragonite
  • Clefable
  • Chansey
Pokemon:
  • Archeops

here is a fun one shuckle+any steel type hurray for gimics

what about wigglytuff@Blissey

why this combo? because blissey is already very bulky but giving it to wigglytuff lets it become more defensive

so maybe some thing like this

Wigglytuff@Blissey
-Wish
-Protect/Stealth Rocks/Heal Bell/Magic Coat/Screens
-Toxic/Thunder Wave
-Hyper Voice/Tri-Attack/Dazzling Gleam/Seismic Toss

Behold our true lord!

Whiscash@Kyruim-B
Ability: Anticipation
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance

Also run for your life its smeargle@ anything!

here is some examples

Smeargle@Xurkitree for a slow but powerful special attacker

Smeargle@Serpier for a physical special or mixed contrary sweeper

Smeargle@Shuckle for a stupid gimic set like this
-V-create
-Power Swap
-recover
-Fleur cannon

also victini@Serpier

This is a random idea I had
Infibility
Metagame premise: At the end of each turn, each Pokemon's abilities activate. Abilities that provide a static affect like Mold Breaker, Magic Guard, Huge Power, Swift Swim, and those reliant on a move the opponent made like Dancer and Liquid Ooze are unaffected.
Potential bans: Anger Point, Regenerator, Beast Boost, Innards Out, Slaking
and threats: Oh boy there's a ton. Infinite Weather/Terrain resetting, Infinite stat boosting with Beast Boost (Probably getting a ban) and stuff like Sap Sipper, Infinite Regenerator, Infinite everything basically.
Questions for the community: How should I handle this metagame if it were real? What kind of broken crap did I miss out on?
Slaking is not that broken, taking into the account that he has no ability to exploit. Moxie users are scarier, and defiant is truly broken, tough you can ban the strongest users instead of the ability.

Many ubers with 600 Bst have abilities with static effects, so they might be ok in the metagame (not mega gengar). Blaziken can also be unbanned, since static zapdos shuts it down.

Regenerator users are stopped by set up sweepers so the ability is not that broken. However, it can force endless matches provided neither team can break the other (especially with toxapex and assault vest reuniclus/tangrowt), so baning it might be the correct call.

Does cursed body deactivate the last move used by your opponent?

Slaking is not that broken, taking into the account that he has no ability to exploit. Moxie users are scarier, and defiant is truly broken, tough you can ban the strongest users instead of the ability.

Many ubers with 600 Bst have abilities with static effects, so they might be ok in the metagame (not mega gengar). Blaziken can also be unbanned, since static zapdos shuts it down.

Regenerator users are stopped by set up sweepers so the ability is not that broken. However, it can force endless matches provided neither team can break the other (especially with toxapex and assault vest reuniclus/tangrowt), so baning it might be the correct call.

Does cursed body deactivate the last move used by your opponent?
Actually, the activation would be 30% chance to trigger

Has this been done for a pet mod before?

PrimalMons

Similar to megas for all but primal reversion instead which does have slight differences such as being unable to control when it happens

(as well as it seems create a more powerful but only while active version of something else or creating a whole new ability)
(also I was thinking if this became a thing it would be ubers based as to fit in with the other primals as mega ray is not a primal it still makes sense)

Last edited:
Global Warming

Metagame Premise: In this metagame choas created by randomly activating field condition's such as weather, terrain surge's and tailwind.

Example: #1There is a 50% chance of a random weather condition, a 25% chance of a random terrain surge and a 10% chance of tailwind for one team or another every turn. These effects last for their standard amount of turns.

#2 Pokemon with weather/terrain effecting abilities still function normally, the ability Cloud Nine still works normally but as soon as the weather effect is removed have the chance of another random weather condition coming into play.

Potemtial Bans and Threats: Weather stones + Terrain Extender
Questions for the community: What do you think of the name? Do you think there is anything else that should be added? Would you play this?

Last edited:
Global Warming

Metagame Premise: In this metagame choas created by randomly activating field condition's such as weather, terrain surge's and tailwind.

Example: #1There is a 50% chance of a random weather condition, a 25% chance of a random terrain surge and a 10% chance of tailwind for one team or another every turn. These effects last for their standard amount of turns.

#2 Pokemon with weather/terrain effecting abilities still function normally, the ability Cloud Nine still works normally but as soon as the weather effect is removed have the chance of another random weather condition coming into play.

Potemtial Bans and Threats: Weather stones + Terrain Extender
Questions for the community: What do you think of the name? Do you think there is anything else that should be added? Would you play this?
Maybe 1 turn and no tail wind seems a bit op and could completely change the way a battle goes for instance if I get lucky and lets say a xuritree set up a tail glow and suddenly I get tail wind I am able to sweep a team pretty easy so maybe one turn.

Maybe 1 turn and no tail wind seems a bit op and could completely change the way a battle goes for instance if I get lucky and lets say a xuritree set up a tail glow and suddenly I get tail wind I am able to sweep a team pretty easy so maybe one turn.
But what if TR activated lol

I don’t like the concept of the meta tbh, it’s very randomized and doesn’t seem fun to play.

But what if TR activated lol

I don’t like the concept of the meta tbh, it’s very randomized and doesn’t seem fun to play.
I mean Random battles is one of the most played metas sooo.... and true but I think Magic room could actually be a threat XD

MorphMons!

For example:

Example:

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
702 HP
13 ATT
119 DEF
106 SPA
248 SPD
136 SPE

Chansey (F) @ Toxapex
Bold Nature
- Soft Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
303 HP
145 ATT
443 DEF
142 SPA
332 SPD
106 SPE

Bans:
  • OU Clauses

Item Slot Bans:

• Shedninja (self-explanatory)
  • Diggersby (huge power - again, self-explanatory)
  • Kartana (Monstrous Attack + Decent Speed + Beast Boost = Ban)
  • Kyurem Black (Same Problem as Kartana)
  • Alakazam (Blacephalon. Must I say more?)
  • Serperior & Lurantis (BH made me hate this ability with a passion.)
Pokemon Bans:
  • Smeargle (self-explanatory)
  • Again, nothing else seems too overpowered, but I'll add more.

Item Slot:
  • Greninja
  • Gumshoos?
  • Dragonite
  • Clefable
  • Chansey
  • Tapu Koko/Lele/Bulu
Pokemon:
  • Archeops
  • Victini

hey you fixed stuff also

Quagsire/Gastrodon@Miltank(no weakness with pretty good stab and bulk)
linoon@snorlax/Buzzwole(or if you are feeling risky something with less bulk but more power or a better ability like pangore or crawdaunt)
Silvally@Slowbro(slow regenerating ether uturn or parting shot also very bulky)
raikou/Raichu@Golem-A (its just an electric extreme speed no good boosting moves sadly but hey electric extreme speed is pretty dangerous
Ferrothorn/Fortress@Heatran(gets rid of your major weakness)
Chatot@Swellow(swellow with a better slightly better move pool and with nasty plot about it just boom burst away and heat wave for anything that cant be hit by boom burst so steel and rock types and maybe hp fighting just to catch rock types maybe instead of chatter or instead of heat wave?)
[Put bulky pokemon here]@Stakataka(having a monsterous defensive stat allows for some crazy stuff especially with its slow speed I could see this being a very slow steel sweeper if it had a better type and a better move pool maybe pure steel with gyroball would work maybe with recovery
[Put bulky pokemon here)@RegiSteel giving these stats to a pokemon with good recovery could really help stall out I would imagine

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
So, an idea I had recently that might still need some work:

What if the Physical / Special split was never done?

The idea for the main meta is basically go back when a move's type determined it's category. This shifts the viability of the meta without necessarely breaking things.

Physical Types:
1539223423547.png
1539223439286.png
1539223450908.png
1539223466630.png
1539223480284.png
1539223577133.png
1539223599828.png
1539223612354.png
1539223626849.png

Special Types:
1539223649948.png
1539223670171.png
1539223681449.png
1539223693844.png
1539223706333.png
1539223754602.png
1539223771867.png
1539223785574.png
1539223795192.png

Feel free to discuss what mons get better or worse

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

The idea for the main meta is basically go back when a move's type determined it's category. This shifts the viability of the meta without necessarely breaking things.

Physical Types: View attachment 139764View attachment 139765View attachment 139766View attachment 139767View attachment 139768View attachment 139769View attachment 139770View attachment 139771View attachment 139772
Special Types: View attachment 139773View attachment 139774View attachment 139775View attachment 139776View attachment 139777View attachment 139778View attachment 139779View attachment 139780View attachment 139781

Physical Ghost-Types rejoice over a stab that isn’t 70 BP

Physical Types: View attachment 139764View attachment 139765View attachment 139766View attachment 139767View attachment 139768View attachment 139769View attachment 139770View attachment 139771View attachment 139772
Special Types: View attachment 139773View attachment 139774View attachment 139775View attachment 139776View attachment 139777View attachment 139778View attachment 139779View attachment 139780View attachment 139781

Volcarona loses Bug Buzz, Hidden Power Ground, and Hurricane while gaining Wild Charge. Not a worthwhile trade in my opinion.

Serperior gains Aqua Tail, making it no longer walled by Fire types, as well as gaining Knock Off.

Kartana loses Leaf Blade, Knock Off, and Psycho Cut, while gaining Vacuum Wave and Hidden Power. Again, not a worthwhile trade.

You might think Zeraora is nerfed, but I think a Calm Mind set with Plasma Fists, Fire Punch, and HP Ice would be very effective.

Zekrom can probably be unbanned, as it suffers from an even worse case of Kyurem-B Syndrome.

Naganadel can also probably be unbanned, as without Sludge Wave it's walled by Fairies.

Last edited:

Physical Types: View attachment 139764 View attachment 139765 View attachment 139766 View attachment 139767 View attachment 139768 View attachment 139769 View attachment 139770 View attachment 139771 View attachment 139772
Special Types: View attachment 139773 View attachment 139774 View attachment 139775 View attachment 139776 View attachment 139777 View attachment 139778 View attachment 139779 View attachment 139780 View attachment 139781

While there are some notable changes for many pokemon on the choices they have for attacking, i think the more notable changes are defensive.

Psychic types for example lost their common fighting coverage on focus blast so many dark and steel types might become really problematic, specially pursuit trappers like hydegrion or mixed tyranitar.

Since ice punch is special, lando-t is free to come in fighting types like conkeldur or medicham whose best response is to lure him with a weak ice punch.

Venusaur mega and other grass types like amoongus now are reliable checks for the peli-pert combo. Venu only has to worry about
Physicall invested hurricanes or being worn down by earthquakes, however, swamp might not have attack investment since it needs speed and special attack for rainboosted stab hydro pump and ice beams.

This idea tends not to be very popular unfortunelly, since pokemon like weavile become trash and few pokemon become stronger. However, i like the rise of mixed attackers like blacephalon, mega-pert, infernape and komoh, the hilarious zard-x with tough claws boosting both special and physical attacks alike, the return of hp flying salamence (luring your opponent after using SSSA making him believe you have fly), and the defensive potential of pokemon like celesteela, ferrothorn and chansey. I hope stall wont grow too good.

Keldeo now gets secret sword, which effect does absolutely nothing!

Alakazam gets use out of its physical movepool to drop a powerfull special Fire Punch, Knock Off and Ice Punch

Gengar loses out on ghost and poison stab but gains iced punch to round out bolt beam

swallow is happy now that he gets a physical boomburst boosted by flame orb or can use scrappy still
252 Atk Guts Swellow Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 127-150 (32.2 - 38%) -- 96.7% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Guts Swellow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 174-205 (44.1 - 52%) -- 14.8% chance to 2HKO

beedrill gets sludge bomb
pidgeot gets pretty much screwed over
nido king loses out on ether stab or coverage but if he goes for stab it becomes quite a bit stronger using his physical stab instead
excadrill now gets focus blast
golurk got a slight buff in focus blast (unless you like super power,and dynamic punch) but got a buff in shadow ball
toucan now can use a banded boomburst in trick room
252+ Atk Choice Band Toucannon Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 175-207 (44.4 - 52.5%) -- 19.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Toucannon Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 240-283 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
gyrados loses water stab and its mega gets completely screwed over but hey it gets flying stab back
hoopa gets a slightly stronger hyper space fury
landorus gets a one turn flying move in hp flying
lopunny gets a slightly weaker move in hyper voice that ignores subs
scizor is enjoying a priority 60 bp move in vaccume wave and a slightly weaker move which lowers special attack in struggle bug
Persian-A not only gets access to stronger dark type moves such as knock off on the special side but can finally put that nasty plot to use with moves like play rough to get rid of dark and fighting types also bite or knock off technition or furcoat
I cant really thing of anything else

Hi, it's me with a new (I hope it hasn't used) othermeta idea.

Immunities Off

Metagame premise: All the pokemon's immunities are off, as Fairy to Dragon or Flying to Ground. And the immunities now turn on Neutral (x1) damage. This results in a pokemon who have, ex, Ground Immunity (Aerodactyl) now would received a Super effective (x2) damage from Ground moves. This would include the immunities for Toxic (and similar), Will-o-Wisp, Spore (and similar), Thunder Wave (and similar), Prankster and Terrain.

Potential Bans and Threats: OU Banlist and Clauses

Questions for the community: Is the neutral damage in replace of immunities viable?

Hey guys i have not mentioned Octillery for about 0.2 seconds so i must bring it up again

Octillery can finally use the insane 100 attack it holds, making it a terrifying mixed attacker

Special version

252- SpA Octillery Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gardevoir: 122-144 (35.8 - 42.3%) -- 90.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Physical version

252+ Atk Choice Band Octillery Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gardevoir: 234-276 (68.8 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)