Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Jujitsu (was super effective mons in Gen 6.)
Premise: Pokemon gain the moves of all types they are weak to (e.g. Tornadus-T gets Rock, Ice and Electric moves). If the Pokemon has a X4 weakness, they can use any move of that type. If they only have X2, they must choose between damaging and status moves.
Questions:
What about megas / forme changes?

Only outside of battle forme changes count, so all the Rotom formes can use Dark, Ghost, Ground, Grass, Rock, Water, Fire, Ice, Bug, Poison and Fighting moves. However, Mega Charizard X could not use Dragon Hammer.
Are Abilities considered?
No. So Mamoswine can use Fire moves even if it's using Thick Fat, and the Rotom formes can all use Ground moves.
Banlist: OU Banlist, OU Clauses, Kyurem-B.
I like it, but please dont call it jujitsu lmao :( it has nothing to do with the meta

My feedback on every single suggestion (except Totem Showdown, which has already been submitted, as well as some suggestions that have already been revealed to be preexisting metas).
if anything id expect tapumons to most closely resemble scalemons, but much less extreme; Most other stat buffing mods seemed to produce heavily minmaxd stats.

anyways:

CopyCatZ:
After successfully executing a z move, the z move replaces the base move in the moveslot with the same amount of remaining pp.
Every pokemon in a team may use one such move by equipping z crystals.

bans: not sure yet

general threats: kyurem-b, z-hazers, z-boosters?

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Premise: Pokemon gain the moves of all types they are weak to (e.g. Tornadus-T gets Rock, Ice and Electric moves). If the Pokemon has a X4 weakness, they can use any move of that type. If they only have X2, they must choose between damaging and status moves.
Questions:

Only outside of battle forme changes count, so all the Rotom formes can use Dark, Ghost, Ground, Grass, Rock, Water, Fire, Ice, Bug, Poison and Fighting moves. However, Mega Charizard X could not use Dragon Hammer.
No. So Mamoswine can use Fire moves even if it's using Thick Fat, and the Rotom formes can all use Ground moves.
Some good moves to use:
usable by Rock types, Ice types, Fairy types
Shift Gear: Weavile, Tyranitar, Mamoswine, physical sweepers
King's Shield: tanks like Clefable

usable by Grass types, Psychic types, Dark types
Quiver Dance: Alakazam[-mega], Hoopa-U, Mew, Greninja[-ash], Hydreigon
Heal Order: Mew, Shaymin, Umbreon, Tyranitar

usable by Water types, Rock types, Ground types
Spore: Slowbro[-mega], Cloyster, Gyarados[-mega], Azumarill, Crawdaunt, every other set-up sweeper or tank
Leech Seed, Spiky Shield: Slowbro[-mega], other tanks

usable by Grass types, Bug types, Steel types
Will-o-Wisp: Ferrothorn, Registeel, Scizor[-mega]
Overheat: Serperior(!!!), Lurantis
V-Create: Serperior(!!!!), Lurantis

usable by Rock types, Electric types, Poison types, Steel types, Fire types
Shore Up: all tanks and walls - Tyranitar and Registeel are notable
Precipice Blades: Excadrill, Tyranitar, Doublade, mons with high Attack

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Questions:

Like this idea for sure, but I'm seeing a lot of crazy things that would come out of this meta pre-bans. I'm gonna follow up on Anaconja with this for more examples of some stuff, so I'm not going to be repeating his suggestions. I do however think that a lot of Pokemon he suggested can become broken with the moves they receive. Specifically this broken stuff is like Shift Gear and Quiver Dance, otherwise a lot of these will simply be very good Pokemon. I definitely think that Silvally can be ridiculously good in this meta and you should definitely consider quick banning it. It's so unpredictable and can gain access to any weakness it wants which can definitely become overpowered very quickly and is realistically impossible to prepare for. I'm going to be bolding Pokemon and Moves that I think may become broken or that are worthy for noting as possible suspects.

I list of notable transfers I made for each type.

Bug Weak: Quiver Dance (Espeon, Lati@s, Meloetta, Zoroark), Heal Order (Cresselia, Uxie), U-turn (Crawdaunt, Hoopa-U, Sharpedo), Tail Glow (Hoopa-U, Lati@s, Zoroark), Fell Stinger

Dark Weak:
Nasty Plot (Alakazam, Chandelure, Gengar), Parting Shot (Chandelure, Cofagrigus, Gengar, Hoopa, Jirachi, Shedinja, Slowbro, Slowking, Victini), Sucker Punch (Alolan Marowak), Power Trip (Mega Slowbro)

Dragon Weak:
Dragon Dance (Garchomp, Kyurem), Dragon Hammer (Dragonite, Garchomp, Zygarde), Core Enforcer/Spacial Rend (Hydreigon, Lati@s)

Electric Weak:
Bolt Strike (Azumarill, Feraligatr, Gyarados, Greninja), Thunderbolt/Volt Switch (Greninja, Keldeo, Manaphy, Volcanion), Nuzzle (Alomomola, Pyukumuku, Toxapex), Zap Cannon (Mega Pidgeot)

Fairy Weak:
Fleur Cannon/Moonblast (Everything from Geomancy), Geomancy (Greninja, Hoopa-U, Hydreigon, Keldeo, Kyurem, Lati@s, Pheromosa, Zoroark), Nature's Madness (Mega Sableye), Play Rough (Bisharp, Garchomp, Greninja, Mega Sharpedo, Weavile)

Fighting Weak:
Close Combat/High Jump Kick/Drain Punch, Counter (Avalugg, Porygon2), Secret Sword (Greninja, Hydreigon, Magnezone, Porygon Z, Zoroark), Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave

Fire Weak:
Blue Flare/Searing Shot/Eruption, Inferno (Doublade), Flare Blitz/V-create, Sacred Fire/Fire Lash, Will-O-Wisp

Flying Weak:
Beak Blast, Defog, Dragon Ascent, Hurricane/Oblivion Wing, Roost

Ghost Weak:
Moongeist Beam, Shadow Sneak, Spectral Thief, Spirit Shackle

Grass Weak:
Aromatherapy/Cotton Guard/Leech Seed/Spiky Shield/Spore/Strength Sap (Alomomola, Mega Blastoise, Lanturn, Quagsire, Slowbro, Slowking, Starmie, Suicune, Swampert), Giga Drain/Seed Flare, Horn Leech/Wood Hammer,

Ground Weak:
Shore Up (Alolan Muk, Bronzong, Diancie, Doublade, Empoleon, Klefki, Rhydon, Torkoal), Earth Power (Magearna, Victini, Xurkitree), Spikes (Whatever wall), Precipice Blades (Any physical attacker)

Ice Weak:
Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Ice Beam/Frost Breath/Freeze-Dry/Glaciate, Blizzard (Mega Pidgeot)

Poison Weak:
Acid Armor/Coil, Poison Jab/Gunk Shot, Sludge Wave, Toxic Spikes

Psychic Weak:
Hypnosis (Machamp), Mirror Coat, Psystrike/Psycho Boost, Psycho Shift, Psychic Fangs, Trick Room, Agility/Amnesia/Barrier/Calm Mind/Cosmic Power, Stored Power

Rock Weak:
Diamond Storm, Power Gem, Rock Polish, Stealth Rock

Steel Weak: Shift Gear
(Rampardos, Tapu Bulu, Terrakion), King's Shield, Metal Burst (Avalugg, Clefable), Sunsteel Strike, Anchor Shot

Water Weak:
Scald/Steam Eruption/Origin Pulse/Water Spout, Crabhammer, Aqua Jet/Water Shuriken

This took a long as time to write up and isn't finished, so I'll add what I missed later. The power in this meta is crazy.

Like this idea for sure, but I'm seeing a lot of crazy things that would come out of this meta pre-bans. I'm gonna follow up on Anaconja with this for more examples of some stuff, so I'm not going to be repeating his suggestions. I do however think that a lot of Pokemon he suggested can become broken with the moves they receive. Specifically this broken stuff is like Shift Gear and Quiver Dance, otherwise a lot of these will simply be very good Pokemon. I definitely think that Silvally can be ridiculously good in this meta and you should definitely consider quick banning it. It's so unpredictable and can gain access to any weakness it wants which can definitely become overpowered very quickly and is realistically impossible to prepare for. I'm going to be bolding Pokemon and Moves that I think may become broken or that are worthy for noting as possible suspects.

I list of notable transfers I made for each type.

Bug Weak: Quiver Dance (Espeon, Lati@s, Meloetta, Zoroark), Heal Order (Cresselia, Uxie), U-turn (Crawdaunt, Hoopa-U, Sharpedo), Tail Glow (Hoopa-U, Lati@s, Zoroark), Fell Stinger
Dark Weak: Nasty Plot (Alakazam, Chandelure, Gengar), Parting Shot (Chandelure, Cofagrigus, Gengar, Hoopa, Jirachi, Shedinja, Slowbro, Slowking, Victini), Sucker Punch (Alolan Marowak), Power Trip (Mega Slowbro)
Dragon Weak: Dragon Dance (Garchomp, Kyurem), Dragon Hammer (Dragonite, Garchomp, Zygarde), Core Enforcer/Spacial Rend (Hydreigon, Lati@s)
Electric Weak: Bolt Strike (Azumarill, Feraligatr, Gyarados, Greninja), Thunderbolt/Volt Switch (Greninja, Keldeo, Manaphy, Volcanion), Nuzzle (Alomomola, Pyukumuku, Toxapex), Zap Cannon (Mega Pidgeot)
Fairy Weak: Fleur Cannon/Moonblast (Everything from Geomancy), Geomancy (Greninja, Hoopa-U, Hydreigon, Keldeo, Kyurem, Lati@s, Pheromosa, Zoroark), Nature's Madness (Mega Sableye), Play Rough (Bisharp, Garchomp, Greninja, Mega Sharpedo, Weavile)
Fighting Weak: Close Combat/High Jump Kick/Drain Punch, Counter (Avalugg, Porygon2), Secret Sword (Greninja, Hydreigon, Magnezone, Porygon Z, Zoroark), Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave
Fire Weak: Blue Flare/Searing Shot/Eruption, Inferno (Doublade), Flare Blitz/V-create, Sacred Fire/Fire Lash, Will-O-Wisp
Flying Weak: Beak Blast, Defog, Dragon Ascent, Hurricane/Oblivion Wing, Roost
Ghost Weak: Moongeist Beam, Shadow Sneak, Spectral Thief, Spirit Shackle
Grass Weak: Aromatherapy/Cotton Guard/Leech Seed/Spiky Shield/Spore/Strength Sap (Alomomola, Mega Blastoise, Lanturn, Quagsire, Slowbro, Slowking, Starmie, Suicune, Swampert), Giga Drain/Seed Flare, Horn Leech/Wood Hammer,
Ground Weak: Shore Up (Alolan Muk, Bronzong, Diancie, Doublade, Empoleon, Klefki, Rhydon, Torkoal), Earth Power (Magearna, Victini, Xurkitree), Spikes (Whatever wall), Precipice Blades (Any physical attacker)
Ice Weak: Ice Shard, Icicle Crash, Ice Beam/Frost Breath/Freeze-Dry/Glaciate, Blizzard (Mega Pidgeot)
Poison Weak: Acid Armor/Coil, Poison Jab/Gunk Shot, Sludge Wave, Toxic Spikes
Psychic Weak: Hypnosis (Machamp), Mirror Coat, Psystrike/Psycho Boost, Psycho Shift, Psychic Fangs, Trick Room, Agility/Amnesia/Barrier/Calm Mind/Cosmic Power, Stored Power
Rock Weak: Diamond Storm, Power Gem, Rock Polish, Stealth Rock
Steel Weak: Shift Gear (Rampardos, Tapu Bulu, Terrakion), King's Shield, Metal Burst (Avalugg, Clefable), Sunsteel Strike, Anchor Shot
Water Weak: Scald/Steam Eruption/Origin Pulse/Water Spout, Crabhammer, Aqua Jet/Water Shuriken

This took a long as time to write up and isn't finished, so I'll add what I missed later. The power in this meta is crazy.
That is certainly a long list, though I only see a few select moves being problematic, namely Spectral Thief (cause it's unreleased so...), Shift Gear which is straight up a better DDance, Tail Glow for obvious reasons and Quiver Dance/Geomancy for being the ultimate Set-up for special attackers, especially Z-geomancy. Spore could be problematic as well, and could very easily be worthy of a quick ban, but overall the OM seems super fun to build for.

Trainer School
(Get to know your type chart)

Premise: Super Effective moves do 3x damage, Not Very Effective moves do 1/3x damage. Expert Belt gets buffed to giving 1.3x Damage instead of 1.2.

The twist on neutral hits: If a Pokemon, such as Scizor, gets hit by a ground attack, it takes 1.5x damage instead of 1x because one of its types is weak to ground. But if Scizor gets hit by a water type attack, it takes 2/3x damage because neither of its types resist or are weak to water.

-Stealth Rocks work as normal.
-Scrappy, ring target, and the like will treat the immune type as a neutral type. A scrappy normal move against a pure ghost type will do 2/3x damage as ghost is not weak against normal.

OU banlist. Bulky normal types are going to thrive here, wide movepool pokemon will run wild.
Suspect: Pheromosa because being this fast and boosting stats in this meta will be too hard to stop.

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
Name: Wonderful Weaknesses (was super effective mons in Gen 6.)
Questions:

Banlist: OU Banlist, OU Clauses, Kyurem-B, Thousand Arrows is locked to Zygarde formes
Some cool ideas cause I like this meta

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Shore Up
- Spore
- Hydro Pump

Spore shore up and volt switch. What more do you want from Rotom-W

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Psystrike
- Earth Power / Focus Blast / Thousand Waves

Pretty solid upgrade to standard Gengar and potential to trap if you wanna

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- High Jump Kick

Simple idea: Set up with Shift Gear and Spam STABs and HJK

Have decided to ban Geomany from Wonderful Weaknesses - it's already a very dangerous move, but with Z moves it just becomes too much. Example:

Latias @ Fairium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Core Enforcer
- Stored Power
- Roost

Z-Geomancy gives you 11 stat boosts, resulting in an incredible 240 BP Stored Power.

+3 0 SpA Latias Stored Power (240 BP) vs. 248 HP / 128 SpD Scizor-Mega: 307-362 (89.5 - 105.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+3 0 SpA Latias Stored Power (240 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 357-420 (55.6 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Latias Stored Power (240 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Clefable: 304-358 (77.1 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Latias Stored Power (240 BP) vs. 252 HP / 28 SpD Unaware Pyukumuku: 219-258 (69.7 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

May ban Shift Gear later on if it turns out to be broken, if the meta gets approved. Spore I think will be OK - Grass types, Pokemon with Overcoat and Pokemon with Magic Bounce, Vital Spirit and Insomnia are immune. Silvally will be a major threat, as it gets everything bar Normal type moves - however, it still has average stats across the board.

Im gunna also share a metagame that i submitted but is being decided on to see what you guys think. This thread is actually really helpful to see what ppl like or dislike abt metas.

POKEBOOST

Metagame premise:
Every pokemon's stats can be boosted up to a maximum 550! The unique part of this metagame compared to other similar metas is that you can place these extra stat points however you like!

You can add 10, 30, 50, 70, or 90 base stat points to a stat (hp, atk, def, spa, spd, spe) by simply ending the EVs with a 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9. For instance an EV of 243 granted to the hp stat would grant 30 BST to the hp stat (as well as granting a regular 240 EV points). An EV ending with any even number won't be considered for stat raising, so you can fill in spare EVs by keeping them as valid numbers (multiples of 4).
The maximum you can add to a stat is 90 BST, and all stats cannot be raised past 170 except for the hp value, which cannot be raised past 100. If a pokemon already has a value higher than these limits this is fine, but it cannot be raised further.

When a pokemon has a mega evolution + is holding the correct mega stone, or a transformation (this includes wishiwashi, greninja, minior), they count as the form with the highest BST. So Sableye holding Sableynite counts as a 480 BST pokemon. Sableye without Sablenite counts as a 380 BST pokemon.

The stat allocation is visible upon switch-in! It will display them as buffs underneath the healthbar (+50 HP) (+90 DEF) etc.

Potential bans and threats:

Bans
Banned Pokemon: Chansey, Smeargle, Shedinja, Blissey, Wooper (potentially)
Banned Abilities: Arena Trap, Huge Power, Pure Power
Banned Items: Thick Club, DeepSeaTooth, Eviolite, Light Ball

Potential threats:

there are too many threats to count since there is a huge amount of customization avaliable and almost every mon can add something to their strengths- but here are some examples of interesting threats:

Vullaby (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 11 HP / 1 Def / 249 SpA / 247 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Roost

Vullaby starts with 370 BST and gets 190 bonus to play with. This spread grants it 10 hp, 10 def, 90 spa, and 70 speed. So that leaves it with the following stats: 80/55/85/135/65/130.
This is a great stat spread to be a special sweeper, and with nasty plot and roost it can set up happily.

Graveler-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 8 Def / 249 SpA / 247 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Graveler-A starts with 390 BST so gets 160 bonus to use. This Graveler-A is a speedy special attacker which traps steels and destroys them with Fire Blast. It grants itself 90 spa, and 70 speed. This gives it the following spread: 55/95/115/135/45/105. This totally transforms the role of this pokemon into a fast special attacker, with a great niche.

Skrelp @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 245 HP / 5 Def / 249 SpA / 3 SpD / 1 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Skrelp has 320 BST and gets 230 extra to use. This spread grants it 50 hp, 50 def, 90 spa, 30 spd, and 10 speed, ending with: 100/60/110/150/90/40. Now it is a fantastic wallbreaker and toxic spikes setter, also having great defenses.

Questions for the community:

Main thing Id like to know is how easy it is for you guys to build your own sets. I havent had any issue personally but I also came up with the idea. It should almost always be possible to create a set with under 10 spare "wasted" EVs afterwards (dont expect to be able to fit your EVs perfectly and have 0 remaining, but the highly boosted stats more than makes up for a couple of points lost). And any other questions I can answer too!
Did i miss anything that desperately needs a ban also?

Last edited:
Im gunna also share a metagame that i submitted but is being decided on to see what you guys think. This thread is actually really helpful to see what ppl like or dislike abt metas.

POKEBOOST

Metagame premise:
Every pokemon's stats can be boosted up to a maximum 550! The unique part of this metagame compared to other similar metas is that you can place these extra stat points however you like!

You can add 10, 30, 50, 70, or 90 base stat points to a stat (hp, atk, def, spa, spd, spe) by simply ending the EVs with a 1, 3, 5, 7, or 9. For instance an EV of 243 granted to the hp stat would grant 30 BST to the hp stat (as well as granting a regular 240 EV points). An EV ending with any even number won't be considered for stat raising, so you can fill in spare EVs by keeping them as valid numbers (multiples of 4).
The maximum you can add to a stat is 90 BST, and all stats cannot be raised past 170 except for the hp value, which cannot be raised past 100. If a pokemon already has a value higher than these limits this is fine, but it cannot be raised further.

When a pokemon has a mega evolution + is holding the correct mega stone, or a transformation (this includes wishiwashi, greninja, minior), they count as the form with the highest BST. So Sableye holding Sableynite counts as a 480 BST pokemon. Sableye without Sablenite counts as a 380 BST pokemon.

The stat allocation is visible upon switch-in! It will display them as buffs underneath the healthbar (+50 HP) (+90 DEF) etc.

Bans

Potential threats:

there are too many threats to count since there is a huge amount of customization avaliable and almost every mon can add something to their strengths- but here are some examples of interesting threats:

Vullaby (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Roost

Vullaby starts with 370 BST and gets 190 bonus to play with. This spread grants it 10 hp, 10 def, 90 spa, and 70 speed. So that leaves it with the following stats: 80/55/85/135/65/130.
This is a great stat spread to be a special sweeper, and with nasty plot and roost it can set up happily.

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Graveler-A starts with 390 BST so gets 160 bonus to use. This Graveler-A is a speedy special attacker which traps steels and destroys them with Fire Blast. It grants itself 90 spa, and 70 speed. This gives it the following spread: 55/95/115/135/45/105. This totally transforms the role of this pokemon into a fast special attacker, with a great niche.

Skrelp @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Skrelp has 320 BST and gets 230 extra to use. This spread grants it 50 hp, 50 def, 90 spa, 30 spd, and 10 speed, ending with: 100/60/110/150/90/40. Now it is a fantastic wallbreaker and toxic spikes setter, also having great defenses.

Main thing Id like to know is how easy it is for you guys to build your own sets. I havent had any issue personally but I also came up with the idea. It should almost always be possible to create a set with under 10 spare "wasted" EVs afterwards (dont expect to be able to fit your EVs perfectly and have 0 remaining, but the highly boosted stats more than makes up for a couple of points lost). And any other questions I can answer too!
Wondering if it would be a better idea to use nicknames rather than EV's to determine boosts, like forcing every name to be X/X/X/X/X/X, where X represents the boost to each stat (For example, your Skrelp set would be 50/0/50/90/30/10). You couldn't normally nickname, but it might be worth it as it opens up more freedom with stat boosts and EV's.

Wondering if it would be a better idea to use nicknames rather than EV's to determine boosts, like forcing every name to be X/X/X/X/X/X, where X represents the boost to each stat (For example, your Skrelp set would be 50/0/50/90/30/10). You couldn't normally nickname, but it might be worth it as it opens up more freedom with stat boosts and EV's.
Metagames that use nicknames can't be OMotM. This is not a required rule for the metagame, but just pointing it out.

Metagame Name- Acid Rain
Premise- The Acid Rain glitch from 4th Gen is active (excluding Trick Room and fog)
Every weather effect (excluding Desolate Land, Primordial Sea, and Delta Stream), Gravity, and Uproar are in effect for the entirety of the battle. Every weather effect (Sun, Rain, Sandstorm, Hail) deals damage individually, unless the Pokémon is immune to Sandstorm and Hail or has an Ability that heals them in weather.
Potential Bans and Threats- Abilities that heal in the weather (Rain Dish and Ice Body; Dry Skin is only healed by Rain and is hurt by everything else, while Rain Dish and Ice Body are, bizarrely, healed by every weather condition), Abilities that up Speed in weather, Castform and Cherrim (banned because they would not stop changing forms), Lower-accuracy moves (Focus Blast, with the Gravity boost, is 100% accurate), Hustle, Terrains, Overcoat (to avoid taking 25% damage every turn), Aurora Veil
Questions for the Community- Would this be too complex for an Other Metagame?

Last edited:

POKEBOOST

Metagame premise:

Bans

Potential threats:

Vullaby (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Skrelp @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

If you have a Pokemon that originated in G3-5, and set it up with 253 or 255 EVs in a stat, does it retain that value upon transferring forward to 6 or 7, or automatically revert to 252 to prevent wastage? This could be important for the possibility of getting a stat boost alongside full investment, so that (for example) Timid Alakazam would be able to push right up against the 482-speed limit, as opposed to having to settle for 245 EVs and a 480 stat, while something that's naturally slower like Gastly could run 249 Spe to creep it up to a raw stat of 481.

Speaking of Gastly, though, other than the last-couple-points problem in investment, its stat spread is perfectly designed to let it reach the 170/170 cap as a special sweeper, and of course Destiny Bond plays right into its frailty. Just watch out for priority.

Should Eevium Z be given the same treatment as things like Eviolite and Light Ball? Eevee could run 85/140/155 bulk to make it almost guaranteed to survive the first hit, or settle for somewhat less bulk and go to either 135 SpA or 145 Atk so that it actually threatens things (because passing the boosts obviously isn't an option).
+2 249+ Atk Adaptability Eevee Last Resort vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 460-542 (103.6 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 249+ SpA Eevee Stored Power (220 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 357-421 (104.6 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
If you have a Pokemon that originated in G3-5, and set it up with 253 or 255 EVs in a stat, does it retain that value upon transferring forward to 6 or 7, or automatically revert to 252 to prevent wastage? This could be important for the possibility of getting a stat boost alongside full investment, so that (for example) Timid Alakazam would be able to push right up against the 482-speed limit, as opposed to having to settle for 245 EVs and a 480 stat, while something that's naturally slower like Gastly could run 249 Spe to creep it up to a raw stat of 481.

Speaking of Gastly, though, other than the last-couple-points problem in investment, its stat spread is perfectly designed to let it reach the 170/170 cap as a special sweeper, and of course Destiny Bond plays right into its frailty. Just watch out for priority.

Should Eevium Z be given the same treatment as things like Eviolite and Light Ball? Eevee could run 85/140/155 bulk to make it almost guaranteed to survive the first hit, or settle for somewhat less bulk and go to either 135 SpA or 145 Atk so that it actually threatens things (because passing the boosts obviously isn't an option).
+2 249+ Atk Adaptability Eevee Last Resort vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Arceus: 460-542 (103.6 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO
what is G3-5?
i have no idea what this means i have never heard it in relation to pokemonshowdown before. eevium is scary, but im not convinced eevee would fall into the realms of broken. it still has one of the worst coverage options ever, one of the most useless z-move bases (last resort), and garbage typing.

Generations 3 (RSE/FRLG), 4 (DPP/HGSS), and 5 (BW/B2W2), in which the EV banks were allowed to go to 255 points in each stat even though only 252 were ever useful. This is one of the few conceivable metagames in which there would actually be a purpose to those final three points, provided the import code for modern games actually preserves them.

is that relevant to showdown? you could always put up to 255 EVs on showdown

edit: ok to clarify, i checked it and yep it looks like it now caps at 252. so no you would not be able to reach the speed cap. you would need to bear that in mind if boosting your speed to a common tier like 110, you would be outsped by a latios still.

Last edited:
If the Pokemon has a X4 weakness, they can use any move of that type. If they only have X2, they must choose between damaging and status moves.
So to clarify, Latios would have to choose between, say, Quiver Dance and U-turn, while Hoopa-U could use both Quiver AND U-turn at the same time?

If the Pokemon has a X4 weakness, they can use any move of that type. If they only have X2, they must choose between damaging and status moves.
Didn't notice this on my first read through, while that sounds nice it also seems a bit complex coding wise, and would probably be easier to just open the door for all types of moves, but I am also not 100% sure of the programming needed to make that work.
Though I am an IOS dev, I haven't looked at PS' code very much.

Didn't notice this on my first read through, while that sounds nice it also seems a bit complex coding wise, and would probably be easier to just open the door for all types of moves, but I am also not 100% sure of the programming needed to make that work.
Though I am an IOS dev, I haven't looked at PS' code very much.
STABmons did something similar for a while, so I'm sure it's doable.

Tuthur

Haha CEO
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Alphabetical Shift
Metagame Premise:
Pokémon have the stats of the previous Pokémon (or the next one if they're shiny) in alphabetical order. Uber clause except Baton Pass Clause from OU.
Bans: Azumarill, Diggersby, Evioite, Rayquaza, Regice and Zigzagoon.

Azumarill (Azelf), new stats 75/125/70/125/70/115, has the potential after BD to OHKO everything bar Quagsire (Pyukumuku) and Foongus (Forretress) which are 2HKO by Play Rough.

Diggersby (Diancie-Mega), new stats 50/160/110/160/110/110, is more threatening for both offensive and defensive archetypes than Azumarill because it doesn't even need SD to break the most bulkier walls and has Quick Attack and a good speed to threaten the offense.

With an Eviolite some Pokémon become really bulky and almost unkillable. Some were only 3HKO by the most unboosted Pokémon of the tier.

Rayquaza (Rayquaza-Mega), new stats 105/180/100/180/100/115, is a M-Rayquaza which doesn't even need to run Dragon Ascent but hasn't Delta Stream. It's same as in Uber: it is broken.

Regice (Rayquaza), new stats 105/180/100/180/100/115, has a mediocre typing and doesn"t have priority but it has a great movepol with bolt/beam, focus blast, flash canon, rock polish, drain / ice / thunderpunch, earthquake,... This mon is fast, powerfull and can run a plethora of moves, that's why it deserves a ban.

Zigzagoon (Zekrom), new stats 100/150/120/120/100/90, is the most threatening set-up sweeper of the tier. With Glutonny + Figy Berry, it uses BD without recoil and it has access to STAB Extreme Speed allowing it to destroy everything wich isn't ghost, steel or rock. Moreover Zigzagoon has Thief for the Ghost-Pokemon and seed bomb for Quagsire (Pyukumuku) and Rock-Pokemon.

Potential Bans: Eviolite, Mewnium-Z, Protean and Thick Club.

Mew (Mewtwo), new stats 106/110/90/154/90/130, is a bit less bulky than regular Mew. But with Mewtwo stats it gets what it needs in OU: speed and special attack. And overall Tapus aren't so common in Alphabetical Shift and the psychic terrain has more chance to stay.

Greninja (Greninja-Ash), new stats 72/145/67/153/71/132, has everything it needs: a wonderfull ability in protean, great offensive stats and speed and an amazing movepool.

Kecleon has the potential to become one of the best Pokémon of the tier. Kecleon (Kartana), new stats 59/181/131/59/31/109, is fast and has one of the best attack stat of the entire game. Moreover Kecleon has access to priority in Fake Out, Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch, coverage options which are boosted by Protean in elementary punches and Knock Off. Kecleon (Keldeo), new stats 91/72/90/129/90/108, is less fast and powerfull than Kecleon (Kartana) but is still good. It has access to a lot of moves: bolt/beam, fire blast, surf, recover and stealth rock.

Marowak-Alola (Marshadow), new stats 90/125/80/90/90/125, has the same pure power than Azumarill (Azelf) with more speed. But unlike it, Marowak-Alola can't hold another item than Thick Club and is less versatile. Moreover unlike Azumarill (Azelf), Diggersby (Diancie-Mega), Rayquaza (Rayquaza-Mega) and Zigzagoon (Zekrom) it doesn't have access to priority move and unlike Rayquaza (Rayquaza-Mega) and Regice (Rayquaza-Mega) it can't run special set as well as physical.

Potential Threats:

Ariados (Archeops), new stats 75/140/65/112/65/110, is a good suicide-lead with sticky web and toxic spikes, a good speed and a great attack.

Barbaracle (Banette-Mega), new stats 64/165/75/93/83/75, with a great attack stat, Tough Claws and Shell Smash, is one of the best physical attacker of the tier.

Dewpider (Dhelmise), new stats 70/131/100/86/90/40, has a great attack stat, a good bulk and Water Bubble. Sadly it has a mediocre movepol, speed and stealth rock weakness.

Eevee (Eelektross), new stats 85/115/80/105/80/50, has a low speed, a medium bulk and offensive stats. But it has access to Extreme Evoboost which make its bulky, powerfull and gives it a strong Stored Power coupled with Adaptability Return/Last Return.

Grovyle (Groudon-Primal), new stats 100/180/160/150/90/90, is bulky, has good offensive stats and a medium speed which it can boost with Unburden (Fling or Power Herb + Leaf Storm). It has access to good moves in accrobatic, drain punch, leaf blade and swords dance.

Kyurem (Kyogre-Primal), new stats 100/150/90/180/160/90, has a good bulk, decent speed and great attack stats. It has access to offensive options in Ice Beam, Draco Meteor, Earth Power, Outrage and Flash Canon and to utility move in Roost and Substitute.

Mewtwo (Mewtwo-Mega-X), new stats 106/190/100/154/100/130, is a Mewtwo-Mega-X which hasn't fighting typing and can hold an item. It has still the best attack of the tier and great speed.
Mewtwo-Mega-X (Mewtwo-Mega-Y), new stats 106/150/70/194/120/140, has now STAB Aurasphere and is the only viable mega of the tier.

Mienfoo (Mewtwo-Mega-Y), new stats 106/150/70/194/120/140, has the best special attack of the tier, a great speed and a great ability in Regenerator paired with U-Turn and a good bulk. Sadly except Aurasphere, Focus Blast and Hidden Power, Mienfoo has no special moves.

Phione (Pheromosa), new stats 71/137/37/137/37/151, has one of the best speed of the tier, a good movepol with STAB, U-Turn, Knock and coverage options and good attack stats. Sadly it has bad bulk, unlike regular Pheromosa it can't boost its stats with Beast Boost or Quiver Dance and unlike Deoxys-Defense (Deoxys-Attack) it doesn't have access to Priority and Hazards.

Ratatta-Alola (Rayquaza), new stats 105/150/90/150/90/95, has a decent speed and a great attack stats. Moreover its ability Hustle allows it to do more damages and it has access to good moves in STAB Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Frustration and Facade, U-Turn and Switcheroo for a Choice Band Set.

Regirock (Regigigas), new stats 110/160/110/80/110/100, is really bulky, has a decent speed and has a great attack. It can run utility move in Stealth Rock and Thunderwave, a suicide lead set with Explosion, or be a set-up sweeper with Rock Polish and has access to EdgeQuake, and Drain Punch to heal itself.

Scolipede (Scizor-Mega), new stats 70/150/140/65/100/75, is more threatening than ever. It has a lower speed which it fills thanks Speed Boost, but it has a better attack and a good bulk. It can run several sets in suicide lead with hazards and endeavor, set-up sweeper with coverage and swords dance or baton passer with protect and substitute.

Smeargle (Slurpuff), new stats 82/80/86/85/75/72, has more offensive presence than before and can run offensive set with BD and Extreme Speed or suicide lead set with a strong explosion. Sadly it loses some speed.

Snubbull (Solgaleo), new stats 137/137/107/113/89/97, has a decent speed, a good attack and a good bulk which is boosted by Intimidate. Moreover it has a good movepool in Play Rough and Earthquake with are resisted only by Celesteela (Celebi) and Koffing (Klingklang), Elemental Punches, Close Combat, Thunder Wave, Heal Bell and Taunt.

Torkoal (Tornadus), new stats 79/115/70/125/80/111, has a good speed and good offensive stats. It is the best special Shell Smasher of the tier thanks to Drought which boost its fire attack (like Fire Blast) and allow it to run Solar Beam, it also have Earth Power to beat the Fire-Pokemon. So it can beat the F/W/G core.

Tyrantrum (Tyranitar-Mega), new stats 100/164/150/95/120/71, has a great bulk and attack but a low speed which it can counterbalance with Rock Polish/Dragon Dance. Moreover it has good STAB in Head Smash and Outrage, and has coverage with Earthquake, Crunch, Superpower and Elemental Fangs.

Xerneas (Xurkitree), new stats 83/89/71/173/71/83, is less fast and bulky but much more powerfull and after a Geomancy it can inflict more damages than before and clean easier.

Xurkitree (Xerneas), new stats 126/131/95/131/98/99, is bulkier and faster but is less powerfull. This better bulk allows Xurkitree to run easier a Tail Glow set and this better speed allows it to run a better Choice Scarf or Z-Hypnosis set.

Yungoos (Yveltal), new stats 126/131/95/131/98/99, has a decent speed, a good bulk and good offensive stats. This Pokemon has two great ability in Stakeout and Adaptability. The first one is really good because Yungoos has access to both Pursuit and U-Turn.

Audino (Audino-Mega), new stats 103/60/126/80/126/50, has a wonderfull bulk and access to utility moves in Wish, Thunder Wave, Knock Off and Heal Bell. It has a great ability in Regenerator and can run a Calm Mind set as well.

Celesteela (Celebi), new stats 100/100/100/100/100/100, is almost the same as regular Celesteela with great bulk and typing.

Corsola (Cosmoem), new stats 43/29/131/29/131/37, has an offensive presence close to zero but has a great bulk coupled with Regenerator. It has also utility moves in Stealth Rock, Scald, Recover and Toxic.

Foongus (Forretress), new stats 75/90/140/60/60/40, has a decent special bulk and a great physical bulk. Unlike Corsola it isn't passive thanks to Foul Play and Spore. Moreover it has access to Regenerator.

Palossand (Palkia), new stats 90/120/100/150/120/100, is a really bulky Pokemon with a great offensive presence. It can heal itself with Shore Up and has good moves in Giga Drain, Earth Power, Shadow Ball and Toxic.

Quagsire (Pyukumuku), new stats 55/60/130/30/130/5, has a great bulk and great abilities. It is the best Unaware wall of the tier. It as access to recovery with Recover and unlike regular Pyukumuku it has offensive move in scald and earthquake. Quagsire can also choose to run a Curse set as well.

Shroomish (Shuckle), new stats 20/10/230/10/230/5, has no offensive presence but has a wonderful bulk and a great ability in Poison Heal. It has also access to utility move in Leech Seed and Spore.

Slowbro (Slowbro-Mega), new stats 95/75/180/130/80/30, has a good offensive presence on the special side, a good special bulk and a wonderfull physical bulk. It can run a plethora of Calm Mind sets be an incredible pivot with Regenerator and usefull move in Scald, Foul Play and Thunder Wave.

Steenee (Steelix-Mega), new stats 75/125/230/55/95/30, has the best physical bulk of the tier and a good special bulk. Steenee (Steelix-Mega) has a good physical offensive presence but sadly it doesn't get physical STAB bar Razor Leaf. It has a decent ability in Oblivious and good support moves in Rapid Spin, Aromatherapy and Synthesis.

Vibrava (Victini), new stats 100/100/100/100/100/100, has an offensive presence and good bulk. It provides utility to the team with Defog, Stealth Rock, Roost and U-Turn.

Xatu (Xerneas), new stats 126/131/95/131/98/99, is really bulky and is the best Magic Bouncer of the tier. It has good offensive stats making it not too passive and it has access to a reliable recovery in roost.

Arcanine (Arceus), new stats 120/120/120/120/120/120, isn't as versatile as regular Arceus, but it has better offensive physical sets thanks to Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Wild Charge and Extreme Speed. It has great abilities in Flash Fire, Intimidate and Justified. As a defensive Pokemon it can run good option like Morning Sun, Will O Wisp and Roar.

Lumineon (Lugia), new stats 106/90/130/90/154/110, and Lumineon (Lunala), new stats 137/113/89/137/107/97, have great bulk and offensive presence. But what make them so good is that they provide utility with U-Turn, Defog and Scald.

The Pokémon which can mega evolve, Kyogre and Groudon can now hold another item.

Arceus, Deoxys and Zygarde have several form which have the same ability and movepol but a different typing/differents stats. By choosing another form you can use a Pokémon that exists in real game. Sadly, Zygarde-10% shiny isn't released and you can't start with a Zygarde-Complete.

Edit:
Questions for the Community:
What do you think about the potentials ban and threats ?
How will the HP change with Mega-Evolution, Stance Change, Zen Mode and similar ability ?

Last edited:
Alphabetical Shift
Metagame Premise:
Pokémon have the stats of the previous Pokémon (or the next one if they're shiny) in alphabetical order. OU clause but all Pokémon (except Rayquaza) are unbanned.
Bans: Azumarill, Diggersby, Rayquaza, Regice and Zigzagoon.
I like the idea but I feel stall will be too problematic because of eviolite mons abd some of the bulk they can inherit. Might wanna ban Eviolite

Alphabetical Shift
Metagame Premise:
Pokémon have the stats of the previous Pokémon (or the next one if they're shiny) in alphabetical order. OU clause but all Pokémon (except Rayquaza) are unbanned.
Bans: Azumarill, Diggersby, Rayquaza, Regice and Zigzagoon.

Azumarill (Azelf), new stats 75/125/70/125/70/115, has the potential after BD to OHKO everything bar Quagsire (Pyukumuku) and Foongus (Forretress) which are 2HKO by Play Rough.

Diggersby (Diancie-Mega), new stats 50/160/110/160/110/110, is more threatening for both offensive and defensive archetypes than Azumarill because it doesn't even need SD to break the most bulkier walls and has Quick Attack and a good speed to threaten the offense.

Rayquaza (Rayquaza-Mega), new stats 105/180/100/180/100/115, is a M-Rayquaza which doesn't even need to run Dragon Ascent but hasn't Delta Stream. It's same as in Uber: it is broken.

Regice (Rayquaza), new stats 105/180/100/180/100/115, has a mediocre typing and doesn"t have priority but it has a great movepol with bolt/beam, focus blast, flash canon, rock polish, drain / ice / thunderpunch, earthquake,... This mon is fast, powerfull and can run a plethora of moves, that's why it deserves a ban.

Zigzagoon (Zekrom), new stats 100/150/120/120/100/90, is the most threatening set-up sweeper of the tier. With Glutonny + Figy Berry, it uses BD without recoil and it has access to STAB Extreme Speed allowing it to destroy everything wich isn't ghost, steel or rock. Moreover Zigzagoon has Thief for the Ghost-Pokemon and seed bomb for Quagsire (Pyukumuku) and Rock-Pokemon.

Potential Bans: Thick Club and Mewnium-Z.

Mew (Mewtwo), new stats 106/110/90/154/90/130, is a bit less bulky than regular Mew. But with Mewtwo stats it gets what it needs in OU: speed and special attack. And overall Tapus aren't so common in Alphabetical Shift and the psychic terrain has more chance to stay.

Marowak-Alola (Marshadow), new stats 90/125/80/90/90/125, has the same pure power than Azumarill (Azelf) with more speed. But unlike it, Marowak-Alola can't hold another item than Thick Club and is less versatile. Moreover unlike Azumarill (Azelf), Diggersby (Diancie-Mega), Rayquaza (Rayquaza-Mega) and Zigzagoon (Zekrom) it doesn't have access to priority move and unlike Rayquaza (Rayquaza-Mega) and Regice (Rayquaza-Mega) it can't run special set as well as physical.

Greninja (Greninja-Ash), new stats 72/145/67/153/71/132, has everything it needs: a wonderfull ability in protean, great offensive stats and speed and an amazing movepool.

Kecleon has the potential to become one of the best Pokémon of the tier. Kecleon (Kartana), new stats 59/181/131/59/31/109, is fast and has one of the best attack stat of the entire game. Moreover Kecleon has access to priority in Fake Out, Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch, coverage options which are boosted by Protean in elementary punches and Knock Off. Kecleon (Keldeo), new stats 91/72/90/129/90/108, is less fast and powerfull than Kecleon (Kartana) but is still good. It has access to a lot of moves: bolt/beam, fire blast, surf, recover and stealth rock.

Potential Threats:

Ariados (Archeops), new stats 75/140/65/112/65/110, is a good suicide-lead with sticky web and toxic spikes, a good speed and a great attack.

Barbaracle (Banette-Mega), new stats 64/165/75/93/83/75, with a great attack stat, Tough Claws and Shell Smash, is one of the best physical attacker of the tier.

Dewpider (Dhelmise), new stats 70/131/100/86/90/40, has a great attack stat, the ability to hold an eviolite, a good bulk and Water Bubble. Sadly it has a mediocre movepol, speed and stealth rock weakness.

Eevee (Eelektross), new stats 85/115/80/105/80/50, has a low speed, a medium bulk and offensive stats. But it has access to Extreme Evoboost which make its bulky, powerfull and gives it a strong Stored Power coupled with Adaptability Return/Last Return.

Grovyle (Groudon-Primal), new stats 100/180/160/150/90/90, is bulky, has good offensive stats and a medium speed which it can boost with Unburden (Fling or Power Herb + Leaf Storm). It has access to good moves in accrobatic, drain punch, leaf blade and swords dance.

Kyurem (Kyogre-Primal), new stats 100/150/90/180/160/90, has a good bulk, decent speed and great attack stats. It has access to offensive options in Ice Beam, Draco Meteor, Earth Power, Outrage and Flash Canon and to utility move in Roost and Substitute.

Mewtwo (Mewtwo-Mega-X), new stats 106/190/100/154/100/130, is a Mewtwo-Mega-X which hasn't fighting typing and can hold an item. It has still the best attack of the tier and great speed.
Mewtwo-Mega-X (Mewtwo-Mega-Y), new stats 106/150/70/194/120/140, has now STAB Aurasphere and is the only viable mega of the tier.

Mienfoo (Mewtwo-Mega-Y), new stats 106/150/70/194/120/140, has the best special attack of the tier, a great speed and a great ability in Regenerator paired with U-Turn. It can boost its good bulk with an Eviolite. Sadly except Aurasphere, Focus Blast and Hidden Power, Mienfoo has no special moves.

Phione (Pheromosa), new stats 71/137/37/137/37/151, has one of the best speed of the tier, a good movepol with STAB, U-Turn, Knock and coverage options and good attack stats. Sadly it has bad bulk, unlike regular Pheromosa it can't boost its stats with Beast Boost or Quiver Dance and unlike Deoxys-Defense (Deoxys-Attack) it doesn't have access to Priority and Hazards.

Ratatta-Alola (Rayquaza), new stats 105/150/90/150/90/95, has a decent speed and a great attack stats. Moreover its ability Hustle allows it to do more damages and it has access to good moves in STAB Pursuit, Sucker Punch, Frustration and Facade, U-Turn and Switcheroo for a Choice Band Set. It can as well run a more tanky set with eviolite and Thick Fat.

Regirock (Regigigas), new stats 110/160/110/80/110/100, is really bulky, has a decent speed and has a great attack. It can run utility move in Stealth Rock and Thunderwave, a suicide lead set with Explosion, orbe a set-up sweeper with Rock Polish and has access to EdgeQuake, and Drain Punch to heal itself.

Scolipede (Scizor-Mega), new stats 70/150/140/65/100/75, is more threatening than ever. It has a lower speed which it fills thanks Speed Boost, but it has a better attack and a good bulk. It can run several sets in suicide lead with hazards and endeavor, set-up sweeper with coverage and swords dance or baton passer with protect and substitute.

Smeargle (Slurpuff), new stats 82/80/86/85/75/72, has more offensive presence than before and can run offensive set with BD and Extreme Speed or suicide lead set with a strong explosion. Sadly it loses some speed.

Snubbull (Solgaleo), new stats 137/137/107/113/89/97, has a decent speed, a good attack and a good bulk which is boosted by an Eviolite and Intimidate. Moreover it has a good movepool in Play Rough and Earthquake with are resisted only by Celesteela (Celebi) and Koffing (Klingklang), Elemental Punches, Close Combat, Thunder Wave, Heal Bell and Taunt.

Torkoal (Tornadus), new stats 79/115/70/125/80/111, has a good speed and good offensive stats. It is the best special Shell Smasher of the tier thanks to Drought which boost its fire attack (like Fire Blast) and allow it to run Solar Beam, it also have Earth Power to beat the Fire-Pokemon. So it can beat the F/W/G core.

Tyrantrum (Tyranitar-Mega), new stats 100/164/150/95/120/71, has a great bulk and attack but a low speed which it can counterbalance with Rock Polish/Dragon Dance. Moreover it has good STAB in Head Smash and Outrage, and has coverage with Earthquake, Crunch, Superpower and Elemental Fangs.

Xerneas (Xurkitree), new stats 83/89/71/173/71/83, is less fast and bulky but much more powerfull and after a Geomancy it can inflict more damages than before and clean easier.

Xurkitree (Xerneas), new stats 126/131/95/131/98/99, is bulkier and faster but is less powerfull. This better bulk allows Xurkitree to run easier a Tail Glow set and this better speed allows it to run a better Choice Scarf or Z-Hypnosis set.

Yungoos (Yveltal), new stats 126/131/95/131/98/99, has a decent speed, a good bulk and good offensive stats. This Pokemon has two great ability in Stakeout and Adaptability. The first one is really good because Yungoos has access to both Pursuit and U-Turn.

Audino (Audino-Mega), new stats 103/60/126/80/126/50, has a wonderfull bulk and access to utility moves in Wish, Thunder Wave, Knock Off and Heal Bell. It has a great ability in Regenerator and can run a Calm Mind set as well.

Corsola (Cosmoem), new stats 43/29/131/29/131/37, has an offensive presence close to zero but has a great bulk coupled with Regenerator. It has also utility moves in Stealth Rock, Scald, Recover and Toxic.

Foongus (Forretress), new stats 75/90/140/60/60/40, has a decent special bulk and a great physical bulk which can be boosted with an Eviolite. Unlike Corsola it isn't passive thanks to Foul Play and Spore. Moreover it has access to Regenerator.

Palossand (Palkia), new stats 90/120/100/150/120/100, is a really bulky Pokemon with a great offensive presence. It can heal itself with Shore Up and has good moves in Giga Drain, Earth Power, Shadow Ball and Toxic.

Quagsire (Pyukumuku), new stats 55/60/130/30/130/5, has a great bulk and great abilities. It is the best Unaware wall of the tier. It as access to recovery with Recover and unlike regular Pyukumuku it has offensive move in scald and earthquake. Quagsire can also choose to run a Curse set as well.

Shroomish (Shuckle), new stats 20/10/230/10/230/5, has no offensive presence but has a wonderful bulk and a great ability in Poison Heal and a decent in Spore Effect. It has also access to utility move in Leech Seed and Spore. Sadly Shroomish has to choose between an Eviolite and a Toxic Orb.

Slowbro (Slowbro-Mega), new stats 95/75/180/130/80/30, has a good offensive presence on the special side, a good special bulk and a wonderfull physical bulk. It can run a plethora of Calm Mind sets be an incredible pivot with Regenerator and usefull move in Scald, Foul Play and Thunder Wave.

Vibrava (Victini), new stats 100/100/100/100/100/100, has an offensive presence and good bulk with an Eviolite. It provides utility to the team with Defog, Stealth Rock, Roost and U-Turn.

Arcanine (Arceus), new stats 120/120/120/120/120/120, isn't as versatile as regular Arceus, but it has better offensive physical sets thanks to Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Wild Charge and Extreme Speed. It has great abilities in Flash Fire, Intimidate and Justified. As a defensive Pokemon it can run good option like Morning Sun, Will O Wisp and Roar.

Lumineon (Lugia), new stats 106/90/130/90/154/110, and Lumineon (Lunala), new stats 137/113/89/137/107/97, have great bulk and offensive presence. But what make them so good is that they provide utility with U-Turn, Defog and Scald.

The Pokémon which can mega evolve, Kyogre, Groudon and some NFE/LC have now the stats of their evolution and can hold another item than mega stones/orbs or hold an eviolite.

Arceus, Deoxys and Zygarde have several form which have the same ability and movepol but a different typing/differents stats. By choosing another form you can use a Pokémon that exists in real game. Sadly, Zygarde-10% shiny isn't released and you can't start with a Zygarde-Complete.
So is the metagame Ubers based? Like I can just straight-up bring Mega Mence if I wanted?

Change is Bad
The Metagame: unchanged since 1899.
Metagame premise: Suppose Game Freak never updated anything but rather only made new stuff? That's this meta idea. Things function as they were introduced. Basically...

-All Pokemon have the typing and BST they were introduced with. For example, Magnemite and Magneton are Electric types, but Magnezone is still Electric/Steel. Gardevoir is a Psychic type but Mega-Gardevoir is a Psychic/Fairy.
-All Gen 1 Pokemon have Special Attack and Special Defense equal to their Special stat. Megas, however, have the stats they were introduced to, which could lead to some stat drops.
-All moves have the same typing, base power, PP, and secondary effects they were introduced with, including any bugs. For example, Leech Seed stacks with Toxic, Low Kick is BP 50 with a 30% flinch chance, Wrap prevents either side from taking action, etc.
-All abilities function as they were introduced. For example, Sturdy no longer prevents OHKOs from non-OHKO moves and Lightning Rod no longer grants Electric immunity nor grants a Special Attack boost.
-All status effects function as they were introduced. For example, sleep lasts 1-7 turns, resets on switching, and the Pokemon takes no action on waking. Frozen Pokemon never thaw unless using or being hit by moves that cause it.
-The type chart functions as the types were introduced, with later added typings taking precedence. For example, Bug and Poison are super-effective against each other, Steel resists Ghost and Dark, but Psychic is still weak to Dark and Dark is still weak to Fairy. Additionally, Grass-types are no longer immune to powder moves, Electric types immune to paralysis, etc.
-All items function as introduced. Sitrus Berry only restores 30 HP rather than 25%, for example.

Notable exceptions: All Pokemon have access to their modern move and ability pools. This is to keep older Pokemon from getting shafted hard by having old, crappy movepools or Gen I and II Pokemon from having no abilities, III and IV not having hidden abilities, etc while everything Gen V and later would more or less laugh at everything.

I'm not coming up with a full list of differences here since that'd be a lot of work. It'd be something I'd save for if it was accepted.

Potential bans and threats: -Freeze clause would be implemented due to Pokemon not thawing on their own
-Wrap, Bind, Fire Spin, and other, similar Gen I moves would be banned since fast Pokemon would be untouchable by slow
-Wobbufet, because two Leftovers Wobbus would get stuck in an endless loop due to Shadow Tag and Struggle doing less damage than Leftovers recovery
-Sky Drop, because it'd be bugged again like Gen V.
-Soul Dew because old Soul Dew was always banned for a reason.
-I'm sure I've missed some...

It's hard to predict threats with how much things would change. But I can see like Chansey becoming threatening since it'd now have a 105 Special Attack.

Questions for the community: -Did I miss anything major?
-Should I blend old movepools into new ones? Aka, if a Pokemon ever learned a move in any generation, it can learn it in Change is Bad. Such as Charmander learning Metal Claw in FRLG, so it'd be legal on any Charizard set. Go go Teleport Arcanine! Or should it be strictly modern movepools?

Last edited:

Tuthur

Haha CEO
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I like the idea but I feel stall will be too problematic because of eviolite mons abd some of the bulk they can inherit. Might wanna ban Eviolite
I don't think Eviolite will be problematic because there is only few Pokémon which can hold an Eviolite, have great defensive stats and recovery (rest + sleep talk isn't really good if you don't have a boosting ability). Without Eviolite I think the meta will too much oriented offensive.
252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Rattata-Alola Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Steenee: 127-150 (35.8 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Rattata-Alola Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Steenee: 118-139 (33.3 - 39.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Hustle Rattata-Alola Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steenee: 189-223 (53.3 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Hustle Rattata-Alola Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Steenee: 177-208 (50 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That are the calcs from the most powerfull physical attacker of the tier (Rattata-Alola (Rayquaza)) on the most physical defensive Pokemon of the tier (Steenee (Steelix-Mega). If we ban Eviolite, stall wont have any chance to survive in this metagame and it will become only offensive oriented. But I'll edit the original post with a question for the community about it.

So is the metagame Ubers based? Like I can just straight-up bring Mega Mence if I wanted?
The metagame is Uber at the exception of Baton Pass Clause. So you can use Mega-Mence but it'll have the stats of regular Mence or Salandit. You can use also Shadow Tag, Power Construct and other banned mega.

I have a question for the community. How will the HP change when you mega-evolve, you activate battle bond, stance change or Zen Mode ? Is it same as Power Construct ?

Edit:
Change is Bad
The Metagame: unchanged since 1899.
Metagame premise: Suppose Game Freak never updated anything but rather only made new stuff? That's this meta idea. Things function as they were introduced. Basically...

-All Pokemon have the typing and BST they were introduced with. For example, Magnemite and Magneton are Electric types, but Magnezone is still Electric/Steel. Gardevoir is a Psychic type but Mega-Gardevoir is a Psychic/Fairy.
-All Gen 1 Pokemon have Special Attack and Special Defense equal to their Special stat. Megas, however, have the stats they were introduced to, which could lead to some stat drops.
-All moves have the same typing, base power, PP, and secondary effects they were introduced with, including any bugs. For example, Leech Seed stacks with Toxic, Low Kick is BP 50 with a 30% flinch chance, Wrap prevents either side from taking action, etc.
-All abilities function as they were introduced. For example, Sturdy no longer prevents OHKOs from non-OHKO moves and Lightning Rod no longer grants Electric immunity nor grants a Special Attack boost.
-All status effects function as they were introduced. For example, sleep lasts 1-7 turns, resets on switching, and the Pokemon takes no action on waking. Frozen Pokemon never thaw unless using or being hit by moves that cause it.
-The type chart functions as the types were introduced, with later added typings taking precedence. For example, Bug and Poison are super-effective against each other, Steel resists Ghost and Dark, but Psychic is still weak to Dark and Dark is still weak to Fairy. Additionally, Grass-types are no longer immune to powder moves, Electric types immune to paralysis, etc.
-All items function as introduced. Sitrus Berry only restores 30 HP rather than 25%, for example.

Notable exceptions: All Pokemon have access to their modern move and ability pools. This is to keep older Pokemon from getting shafted hard by having old, crappy movepools or Gen I and II Pokemon from having no abilities, III and IV not having hidden abilities, etc while everything Gen V and later would more or less laugh at everything.

I'm not coming up with a full list of differences here since that'd be a lot of work. It'd be something I'd save for if it was accepted.

Potential bans and threats: -Freeze clause would be implemented due to Pokemon not thawing on their own
-Wrap, Bind, and Fire Spin would be banned since fast Pokemon would be untouchable by slow
-Wobbufet, because two Leftovers Wobbus would get stuck in an endless loop due to Shadow Tag and Struggle doing less damage than Leftovers recovery
-Sky Drop, because it'd be bugged again like Gen V.
-Soul Dew because old Soul Dew was always banned for a reason.
-I'm sure I've missed some...

It's hard to predict threats with how much things would change. But I can see like Chansey becoming threatening since it'd now have a 105 Special Attack.

Questions for the community: -Did I miss anything major?
-Should I blend old movepools into new ones? Aka, if a Pokemon ever learned a move in any generation, it can learn it in Change is Bad. Such as Charmander learning Metal Claw in FRLG, so it'd be legal on any Charizard set. Go go Teleport Arcanine! Or should it be strictly modern movepools?
I like the idea but how will team preview work ? According to your premise I think only the Pokemon from Gen5, 6 and 7 will be showed.
About move legality, I think your Charizard can run Metal Claw and Machamp can run No Guard Fissure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)