Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another spin-off idea that is more balanced:

A Pokemon can have only 1 extra ability, but the amount of moveslots that must be given up depends on the ability.

2 Moveslots: Contrary, Fluffy, Fur Coat, Illusion, Innards Out, Parental Bond, Protean, Simple, Stakeout, Speed Boost
3 Moveslots + 1 item slot: Huge Power, Pure Power, Water Bubble, Comatose
Banned: Imposter, Wonder Guard, Shedinja
1 Moveslot: every other ability

I'm calling this Abilimons. This prevents many of the broken ability combinations, limits the amount of one attack spammers, and differentiates itself from AAA by allowing abilities that were banned from AAA.

Sample sets:

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled / Wish
- Parental Bond / Fur Coat

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteorr
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Contrary

Keldeo / Greninja
Ability: Justified / Battle Bond
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf / Scald
- Water Bubble

Hoopa-Unbound
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Huge Power
That just sounds incredibly arbitrary.

What if it is just:

Allowed in AAA = 1 moveslot
Banned in AAA = 2 moveslots
Plus an Ability banlist for those that would still be broken.

Is that objective enough?

Mimikyu @ Mimikium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Copycat
- Prankster
- Tinted Lens / Adaptability / Tough Claws / Moxie

Clean opposing steel types with you team, hit Let's Snuggle together against a faster mon, and then you have a spammable priority nuke.

And that's why, kids, Psychic Surge and Dazzling are going to be things in this meta.
If a Z-move is the last move used, Copycat fails, so this set doesn't get much use out of the Z and its Copycats aren't going to be excessively strong with no attack boosts.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
If a Z-move is the last move used, Copycat fails, so this set doesn't get much use out of the Z and its Copycats aren't going to be excessively strong with no attack boosts.
I actually didn’t know that, thanks for the info! And, tbh, I’m glad that it works this way.

Another scary receiver of Surge Surfer.

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z / Life Orb / Terrain Extender
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest / Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Electric Surge
- Surge Surfer

Around 3 years ago I started bouncing around the metagame idea Conditions in the OM room. It's one of those massive OMs that turn the standard metagame upside down, or right side up depending on how you look at it. However after further discussion and some good points by I like Donkeys, it was locked and then scrapped after we realised how subjective the metagame would be.

The premise is that moves, items, abilities whose effects are condititional have those intrinsic conditions removed entirely. Essentially the conditions and restrictions on moves, items and abilitites are removed, giving you the pros without the cons. Here are some examples;

Choice band: Holder's Attack is 1.5x, but it can only select the first move it executes

Choice band increases physical attacks by 50%, on the condition that it can only select the first move it executes. The condition for the attack increase is being locked into the move, but in this metagame you will not be locked in and you will still receive the 50% increase in attack.

Earthquake/Surf/Facade etc:

There are a lot of moves that double in power with certain conditions are met. Earthquake doubles in power if your opponent uses dig, Surf doubles if your opponent uses dive and Facade doubles if the user is statused. All of these conditions are removed so earthquake, surf and facade will always double in strength.

Adaptability/Tough Claws/Grass Pelt etc:

Similar to the above, there are a lot of abilities that increase a statistic when certain conditions are met. Adaptability increases moves of the same typing as the user by 50%, Tough claws increases moves that make contact by 33% and Grass Pelt increases defence by 50% under grassy terrain. Again, all of these conditions are removed making the statistic increase constant and without restrictions.

So it was scrapped, why bring it up?

I think we made a mistake by rushing the metagame out early and I didn't really figure out an effective metagame philosophy leading to a lot of subjectivity. I think any metagame that can't be descriped in less than three sentences and understood in under 10 is too complicated. However, I think the more chaotic and different a metagame is the more I find it interesting, i.e Mix and Mega, Trademarked, BH etc. and this metagame definitely falls into the catagory. If there is enough interest in the community I would be happy to slowly start the metagame up again and work out a proper philosophy - wether that is as a pet mod or an eventuel fully fledged OM. There's a lot of challenges and things I'm sure I've overlooked, but that's what bouncing the idea around here is for.

Let me share with you some interesting sets;

Dragonite @ Eviolite
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Rush
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

It was theorymonned that Dragonite would emerge as the by far strongest threat in the metagame. Dragon Rush doubles in power and has 100% accuracy if used against a mon that has used minimize, so therefore it's now a 200 BP Dragon move that can't miss, Earthquake also doubles in power. But that's not the best part! Dragonite also has multiscale, which doubles its defences at all times. Therefore this set not only hits extremely hard, but it also has 323/454/472 defences without investing in them! But that's still not all, it can also use eviolite for a further 50% increase in defence! An absolute unit!

Thundurus (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus has the ability prankster which gives +1 priority to all moves, attacking and status moves alike. It also has access to Thunder. Thunder is 50% accurate in sun, but ignores accuracy entirely in rain, thus the latter condition would override the former - so 100% accurate Thunders with +1 priority!

TFW you're waiting for someone to post so you can avoid double posting, but the post you were waiting for ends up being the revival of a really cool old meta that you have to start theorymonning for.

Before I get to that, I just want to say I found something even better than the Durant in the example sets for Abilimoves.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Hustle
- Steelworker
- Adaptability / Tinted Lens

The problem with the Durant set is that is wastes an ability slot on No Guard. Not only is Kartana naturally stronger than Durant, but Smart Strike can't miss, meaning it can run Hustle without fear. In No Guard's place is Kartana's natural ability Beast Boost, which allows Kartana to snowball.

Anyway, for Conditions, shouldn't Earthquake remain the same base power? While it doubles in power if the opponent is using Dig, it also halves in power if there is Grassy Terrain on the field. Shouldn't those two cancel each other out? Likewise, shouldn't Solar Beam charge in one turn, but have its damag nerfed to sh*t to simulate all weathers at once?

Volcarona @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz

Volcarona can burn you with Flame Body even if you don't use a contact move. That's about it.

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang

Mega Gyarados can use Mold Breaker to cut through Dragonite's Multiscale.

Last edited:

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Around 3 years ago I started bouncing around the metagame idea Conditions in the OM room. It's one of those massive OMs that turn the standard metagame upside down, or right side up depending on how you look at it. However after further discussion and some good points by I like Donkeys, it was locked and then scrapped after we realised how subjective the metagame would be.

The premise is that moves, items, abilities whose effects are condititional have those intrinsic conditions removed entirely. Essentially the conditions and restrictions on moves, items and abilitites are removed, giving you the pros without the cons. Here are some examples;

Choice band: Holder's Attack is 1.5x, but it can only select the first move it executes

Choice band increases physical attacks by 50%, on the condition that it can only select the first move it executes. The condition for the attack increase is being locked into the move, but in this metagame you will not be locked in and you will still receive the 50% increase in attack.

Earthquake/Surf/Facade etc:

There are a lot of moves that double in power with certain conditions are met. Earthquake doubles in power if your opponent uses dig, Surf doubles if your opponent uses dive and Facade doubles if the user is statused. All of these conditions are removed so earthquake, surf and facade will always double in strength.

Adaptability/Tough Claws/Grass Pelt etc:

Similar to the above, there are a lot of abilities that increase a statistic when certain conditions are met. Adaptability increases moves of the same typing as the user by 50%, Tough claws increases moves that make contact by 33% and Grass Pelt increases defence by 50% under grassy terrain. Again, all of these conditions are removed making the statistic increase constant and without restrictions.

So it was scrapped, why bring it up?

I think we made a mistake by rushing the metagame out early and I didn't really figure out an effective metagame philosophy leading to a lot of subjectivity. I think any metagame that can't be descriped in less than three sentences and understood in under 10 is too complicated. However, I think the more chaotic and different a metagame is the more I find it interesting, i.e Mix and Mega, Trademarked, BH etc. and this metagame definitely falls into the catagory. If there is enough interest in the community I would be happy to slowly start the metagame up again and work out a proper philosophy - wether that is as a pet mod or an eventuel fully fledged OM. There's a lot of challenges and things I'm sure I've overlooked, but that's what bouncing the idea around here is for.

Let me share with you some interesting sets;

View attachment 177280
Dragonite @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Rush
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

It was theorymonned that Dragonite would emerge as the by far strongest threat in the metagame. Dragon Rush doubles in power and has 100% accuracy if used against a mon that has used minimize, so therefore it's now a 200 BP Dragon move that can't miss, Earthquake also doubles in power. But that's not the best part! Dragonite also has multiscale, which doubles its defences at all times. Therefore this set not only hits extremely hard, but it also has 323/454/472 defences without investing in them! But that's still not all, it can also use eviolite for a further 50% increase in defence! An absolute unit!

View attachment 177281
Thundurus (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus has the ability prankster which gives +1 priority to all moves, attacking and status moves alike. It also has access to Thunder. Thunder is 50% accurate in sun, but ignores accuracy entirely in rain, thus the latter condition would override the former - so 100% accurate Thunders with +1 priority!
Conditions is the same as the meta i submited earlier this year called Full Effect. Look back in this thread for discussion for it.

Ultimately it got denied this gen for being too much like a pet mod in coding. I even tried to make it unbiased as possible with taking the last condition off the code, which was unbiased but was too complicated and still failed.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/metagame-workshop.3598275/page-109

Conditions is the same as the meta i submited earlier this year called Full Effect. Look back in this thread for discussion for it.

Ultimately it got denied this gen for being too much like a pet mod in coding. I even tried to make it unbiased as possible with taking the last condition off the code, which was unbiased but was too complicated and still failed.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/metagame-workshop.3598275/page-109
I knew the meta sounded familiar.

Please forgive the double post; it's been 24 hours.

Zangoose @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Toxic Boost
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Swords Dance / Close Combat / Quick Attack / Poison Heal / Magic Guard / miscellaneous power boosting ability
- Guts
- Quick Feet

Guts + Toxic Boost gives Zangoose a terrifying Attack boost, while Quick Feet boosts its speed from mediocre to pretty good. Poison Heal and Magic Guard might not be that good considering Zangoose’s frailty, but they at least help avoid damage from poison and contact items and abilities like Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs.

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Gale Wings
- Magic Guard
- miscellaneous power boosting ability

Honchkrow @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Gale Wings
- Magic Guard
- miscellaneous power boosting ability

Braviary @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Gale Wings
- Magic Guard
- Bulk Up / miscellaneous power boosting ability

Talonflame has blistering speed to beat out opposing priority, but it’s fairly weak. Here are three stronger birbs. Staraptor has raw power, Honchkrow can snowball, and Braviary has anti-Intimidate measures and the option for set-up.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold / Impish Nature
- Grass Whistle
- Stun Spore
- Moonblast / U-turn
- No Guard

This just sounds obnoxious.

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Regenerator

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic / Rest
- Regenerator / Natural Cure

Dusclops @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split / Rest
- Regenerator / Natural Cure

Pressure sounds really good for punishing mons that stack on the abilities and only leave room for one or two attacks.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone / Swords Dance
- Desolate Land
- Chlorophyll

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Primordial Sea
- Swift Swim

Some more weather mons. Marowak with Shadow Bone would act more as a cleaner than a sweeper.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast / Flamethrower
- Switcheroo / miscellaneous power boosting ability
- Aerilate

Another meta where Noivern gets STAB on Boomburst.

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bone Rush
- Swords Dance / Smack Down / miscellaneous power boosting ability
- Skill Link
- Technician

Probably not viable, but damn strong.

Baton Receiver:

I’m not gonna present this particularly well because I don’t have time but here’s my idea. Sort of similar to Shared Power

Premise: once a Pokemon on your team faints, the rest of the team gains that Pokemon’s ability plus it’s current one.
Tactics: Have a Suicide lead in something like Glalie that explodes, then Refrigerate Explode again with another good ability Pokemon.

I think it’s a good idea, and it’s main difference from other OMs is the superior tactics, combinations and strategies (yes, tactics and strategies are different. Strategies is the plan, tactics are the manoeuvres you do to achieve that plan). Shared Power isn’t as fun as this (in my opinion) because you send in your lead and it’s dudenly rediculously overpowered. Where as in this one, the closer you are to losing, the stronger your Pokemon get. You’d also get to see some epic comebacks in this metagame.

Questions for the community: Is this as stupid as it sounds? What would get this approved? Would anyone play it?

Baton Receiver:

I’m not gonna present this particularly well because I don’t have time but here’s my idea. Sort of similar to Shared Power

Premise: once a Pokemon on your team faints, the rest of the team gains that Pokemon’s ability plus it’s current one.
Tactics: Have a Suicide lead in something like Glalie that explodes, then Refrigerate Explode again with another good ability Pokemon.

I think it’s a good idea, and it’s main difference from other OMs is the superior tactics, combinations and strategies (yes, tactics and strategies are different. Strategies is the plan, tactics are the manoeuvres you do to achieve that plan). Shared Power isn’t as fun as this (in my opinion) because you send in your lead and it’s dudenly rediculously overpowered. Where as in this one, the closer you are to losing, the stronger your Pokemon get. You’d also get to see some epic comebacks in this metagame.

Questions for the community: Is this as stupid as it sounds? What would get this approved? Would anyone play it?
To be brutally honest I would not play this. It outright discourages you from knocking out an opposing Pokemon. My Azumarill has a Belly Drum up, but you don't want to revenge kill it because that would give my entire team Huge Power. My Excadrill's got a Swords Dance up in a Sandstorm, but again you don't want to revenge kill it because then my entire team has Sand Rush. There would need to be a massive list of abilities that don't get passed, and unfortunately I think it would fall victim to the same problems as Shared Power.

To be brutally honest I would not play this. It outright discourages you from knocking out an opposing Pokemon. My Azumarill has a Belly Drum up, but you don't want to revenge kill it because that would give my entire team Huge Power. My Excadrill's got a Swords Dance up in a Sandstorm, but again you don't want to revenge kill it because then my entire team has Sand Rush. There would need to be a massive list of abilities that don't get passed, and unfortunately I think it would fall victim to the same problems as Shared Power.
Obviously, just like Shared Power, there would be a lot of bans because some ability combinations are too strong. Sandstorm + Sand Rush would be strong, but with your Pokemon gaining the same advantage as them, sweeping wouldn’t be as common as you might think. Sweeping a team also gives them abilities so they're on equal terms as you, making it actually quite balanced, provided you have methods to deal with setting up.

Baton Receiver:

I think it would be better if a team could only have one extra ability at a time. You could explode with Glalie and give your entire team Refrigerate, but if you next Pokemon to faint is Azelf, then Refrigerate would be replaced with Levitate.

I think it would be better if a team could only have one extra ability at a time. You could explode with Glalie and give your entire team Refrigerate, but if you next Pokemon to faint is Azelf, then Refrigerate would be replaced with Levitate.
This is a good idea.

Ok, so I have thought of two possible ways to change this metagame:

1. Only add the ability if you share a move
This would make it more like a baton I guess lol. It would also make lots of teams wanna run the same move on lots of mons, slightly restricting team building.
2. What Dr Pumpkinz suggested: only the last fainted Pokemon passes the ability
This would mean the most abilities a Pokemon could have at any one time is two, making more tactics in what order you kill your opponents, while not giving them opportunities. Again, this would be similar tactics to the original idea, except without the ‘Woah I can have so many abilities I’m OP’ and the ‘Damn I don’t wanna kill you!’. I prefer this idea.

Questions for the community: same as the original idea.

Some sets for Abilimons

Rampardos @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moldbreaker
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Sandstream
- Sand Rush
- Compound Eyes / No Guard
Destroyed by Priority but could be fun.

Dhelmise @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Grassy Surge
- Tinted Lens
Trick Room Mon?

Buzzwole @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Naure
- Leech Life
- Tinted Lens
- Triage
- Moldbreaker
Moldbreaker to get past Dazzling & Queenly Majesty

Sudowoodo @ Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Woodhammer
- Head Smash
- Grassy Surge
Just for fun

Last edited:
Double Singles

This metagame is about 2 pokemon on your team battling at the same time in 2 simultaneous battles, but neither of them can mess around with the opposing pokemon of its partner.

Metagame concept: 2v2 metagame; each pokemon cant use moves against the pokemon located in cross position. Spread attacks will work similar as single target moves dealing full damage to one target.

Note that abilities or effects that affect all the opposing side (or the entire field), still apply. So Drought will bring rain to the entire Field, Lando will intimidate both mons, etc.

If a pokemon faints but its opposing pokemon did not attack yet, then it can attack its cross position pokemon. Also, if you have 1 pokemon left, it can attack and be attacked by any of the 2 opposing pokemon of your opponent.

Banlist: 2v2 banlist and singles OU banlist combined.

Possible bans: Follow Me, Lighting Rod. They might be broken because you can set up easily with them (no spread moves) and revenge killing is more difficult with a single pokemon able to do so. Also, this moves/abilities break the spirit of the metagame, since you are forcing the cross position pokemon to interfere with the other battle.

Threats:

Weather combos: One weather setter and one abuser. The main advantage is that you can set up and abuse your weather since turn 1, but also, you can safely retrieve your weather setter and send a wall or another abuser without having to worry for double targeting. Weather swepers also dont need to worry about double targeting, just focus down the pokemon in front of them.

Examples: Pelli + Pert, Ttar + Excadrill

Terrain combos: Similar reasons to the weather case. Examples are Koko+Hawlucha, Lele+Mega Zam (can you check 2 psychic powerhouses with 2 different pokemon?), Bulu + Kartana

Intimidate users: Since intimidate works on both sides, you can send Lando into the battlefield and intimidate an opposing Weavile or Kyurem in cross position, without fearing being attacked by one of them.

Defiant/Competitive users: To check intimidate. No double targeting means also that revenge killing those pokemon is way more difficult.

Skarmory: Probably not a threat, but better than its doubles counterpart, since the mechanincs of this meta work similar than singles. The only problem is that having Skarm in one side of the field will not help you against a physical attacker on the other side.

Ally Switch: This move allows you to switch into your partner, allowing you to potentially curve the momentum of both battles in your favor with a single move. This also prevents your opponent to send freely their pokemon to the cross side of its only check, which would allow it to stay comfortable on the field since no check is available to switch in (Lets say you have a Ferrothorn and your Opponent sends its Ash Greninja on the cross side, but you have no more checks for it besides Ferro).

Helping hand, healing pulse: you can still target your ally. If you are facing a pokemon stalling you out, you can instead boost your ally and help it to win its battle, which might have a faster pacing than the one your pokemon is in.

Questions:
1) Does this metagame sound fun? What can be tweaked/modified to make it better?
2) Should i modify the banlist?
3) If a pokemon gets moved by ally switch, should it still target the same pokemon it targetted before?
4) Is there a big technicallity i am not taking into consideration that may cause a big problem in this meta?
5) An alternative premise is to make pokemon immune to cross position attacks (attacks only, not just moves), unless they have no partner on their side. This version is easier to code and it handles spread moves without tweaking while solving the Ally Switch issue. Should i use this version (or something similar) instead?

Some more sets for Abilimoves. If it hasn't been submitted yet, someone get on that, because this is super fun to build for.

Xurkitree @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Electric Surge
- Prankster

An alternate take on Xurkitree.

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry / Figy Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch / Close Combat
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake / Unburden
- Gluttony

Darmanitan @ Salac Berry / Figy Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch / Flare Blitz
- Belly Drum
- Earthquake / Unburden
- Gluttony

The fabled Belly Drum + Gluttony combo, with two different ways of boosting speed. Also, can we get an F for Charizard, who can learn both Belly Drum and Acrobatics, but can't know both at the same time?

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Double-Edge
- Drain Punch
- Pixilate

Some more Belly Drum, though this time, it's probably just a meme (and also probably outclassed by Slurpuff of all things).

Raikou @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Rash Nature
- Thunder
- Weather Ball
- Calm Mind / Swift Swim
- Primordial Sea

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb / Growth
- Desolate Land

Weather Ball shenanigans. Bit of a shame Venusaur can't have Weather Ball and Chlorophyll at the same time, as it's otherwise just a better Victreebel.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Can you get choice-locked into an ability-move? What would that even mean? Could you use an ability move like Poison Heal multiple times, to gain multiple instance of it?
I imagine this would be like getting locked into Focus Energy; nothing happens after the first usage.

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Magnet Pull
- Moxie

F*** your Levitating Heatrans.

The rest of this post is dedicated to mons who could make use of -ate abilities.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost / Tough Claws
- Refigerate

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Fire Punch / Close Combat
- Return
- Refrigerate

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Pixilate

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Return / Double Edge
- Brave Bird / Wild Charge
- U-turn / Tough Claws / Reckless
- Galvanize / Pixilate / Refrigerate

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish / Swords Dance
- Aerilate

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Return / Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Aerilate

Last edited:
More Abilimoves sets

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Aerilate

Suicide lead Lando that can actually take down things, few pokemon expect flying explosion.

Gliscor
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Aerilate
- Guts / Earthquake
- Quick Feet

Another Aerilate killer. Earthquake makes it better on late game, since Stab Facade is alredy pretty strong without Guts.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Reckless
- Tinted Lens
- Beast Boost

Suicide Bulu

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer/ Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Magic Guard / Triage

Conservative Bulu. You can choose Magic Guard+ Wood Hammer or Horn Leech+Triage depending on what you prioritize: priority or power.

Weavile @ Icicle Plate / Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Double Hit / Quick Attack
- Refrigerate
- Technician

The ultimate Dragonite Killer. If you use Quick attack, remove some speed investment. You can remove Technician for Return and use pursuit or Ice Shard on the Second Slot

Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Disable
- Infestation
- Destiny Bond

A pokemon that ignores the premise and has 4 moves. This mon is annoying since most pokemon may have 1 or 2 moves and with Disable and Destiny Bond Bannete exploits that pretty well

Nihilego @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
- Power Gem
- Sand Stream
- Regenerator
- Levitate

Ultimate Special Wall for Sand teams.

Magearna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Beast Boost
- Steelworker
- Tinted Lens

You may expect some funky Regenerator set, and that will cause one of your pokemon fainting and snowballing into your defeat. Beast Boost boosts speed in this case due to the Nature.

Volcarona @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Hp / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Unburden
- Dazzling/Tinted Lens
- Gluttony

A meme for Sandstorm/Hail teams. The only upsets of this set are the lack of Quiver Dance and also it depens on your opponent setting up Stealth Rock, which might not be the case since it may expect a Magic Guard Volc. After taking Stealth Rock Damage, Volcarona will eat the Berry and boost speed and Special attack. After that, if volc takes some indirect damage from sand/hail/spikes it will trigger Swarm.

View attachment 178553
Magearna @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Beast Boost
- Steelworker
- Tinted Lens

You may expect some funky Regenerator set, and that will cause one of your pokemon fainting and snowballing into your defeat. Beast Boost boosts speed in this case due to the Nature.
Beast Boost is just a second instance of Soul-Heart on this set; you don't take choice items into account when determining what the highest raw stat is for Beast Boost purposes.

It is possible for Magearna's beast boosts to go to speed with no outside help (such as Speed Swap), but a 0-Atk variety is incapable of such a thing. It must have a Jolly nature, nothing else, and its imperfect stats must lie in exactly Defense (<=15), Special A (<=13), and Special D (<=15).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)