Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stop theorymonning sets for Abilimoves. Somebody please help me.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Grassy Surge / Electric Surge

Mega Camerupt can use Grassy or Electric Terrain to turn Nature Power into Energy Ball or Thunderbolt to hit Water types. Grassy Surge is probably the superior option, as it provides passive recovery and weakens incoming Earthquakes.

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Nature's Madness
- Superpower
- Grass Pelt

Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Grass Pelt
Sassy Nature
- Horn Leech
- Milk Drink
- Surf
- Grassy Surge

Tapu Bulu and Gogoat can use the combo of Grassy Surge + Grass Pelt to boost their physical Defense. Bulu is stronger, has greater natural physical bulk, and has Nature's Madness to dent pretty much everything, while Gogoat has the superior recovery move. Synthesis isn't very good, especially when Primordial Sea and Drizzle will be common on the Pokemon Bulu is supposed to handle. Speaking of which...

Araquanid @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Waterfall / Liquidation
- Primordial Sea
- Swift Swim / miscellaneous power boosting ability
- Dry Skin / miscellaneous power boosting ability

Not sure how ya boi Araquanid has gone unmentioned. Waterfall and Jolly is using Swift Swim, otherwise Liquidation and Adamant. Dry Skin is neat, as it provides a Water immunity, double Leftovers recovery in the rain, and the extra Fire damage is irrelevant because Primordial Sea snuffs out Fire attacks.

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake
- Desolate Land

Regular Camerupt this time, and it's basically Primal Groudon Junior. Mega Camerupt could work too, as it has more power and natural bulk, but you miss out on Leftovers, Solid Rock, and most importantly Lava Plume burns, plus Mega Camerupt is probably better off hitting like a truck than dabbling in defensive roles.

Banette-Mega @ Banettite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Shadow Claw / Intimidate/ Terrain/Weather inducing ability
- Emergency Exit
- Regenerator

I dont know if this would work. If i am not wrong there was a bug in Shared power when you combine Emergency Exit and Regenerator. You send banette in, set up something with your second slot ability (or not), use Curse with priority and then escape with Emergency Exit. The pokemon you send in will face against a pokemon with a timer, it will have Weather/Terrain support without needing to set it up itself and Banette will have Curses for days with Regenerator.

Infernape @ Firium Z/ Air Balloon
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Magnet Pull
- Mold Breaker/Adaptability/Desolate Land/Levitate

Mold Breaker helps against fire absorb Scizor but Adaptability is arguably the best ability since the extra power will be needed.

Marigold

formerly KuraiTenshi26
Abilimoves seems very interesting, I would love to see it implemented! It would be easy to transition over into as well for anybody familiar with AAA. Here's a couple sets I was thinking about that have some high potential.

Offensive sets

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Stakeout

You don't need to predict with pursuit anymore, because if they switch out then the next mon will just die.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis / Zap Cannon
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- No Guard

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Sheer Force
- No Guard

Mega Pidgeot with fighting coverage and regenerator, hits harder too!

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Mold Breaker / Tinted Lens
- Desolate Land
- Chlorophyll

The abilities can be rearranged depending on if you want a dedicated breaker or a revenge killer too, but Victini really only needs one move in this meta lol

Defensive sets

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Defog / Knock Off / Nature's Madness
- Regenerator

Fini doesn't like getting worn down, so regenerator can alleviate that!

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 16 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast / Flash Cannon / filler
- Regenerator

More regen, pretty straightforward. Just make AV Magearna even more immortal.

I need to work a bit more with this idea, so any help with technical issues is pretty much appreciated

Type Sum

Metagame premise:
Your pokemon's hidden power type will be added to the effect of the moves, item and ability of that pokemon each time one or more types appear in the description. For conditions an 'OR' clause will be used, and for consecuences an 'AND' clause will apply.

This is quite confusing, so better explain it with a few examples

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA (Hidden Power = Ground)
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock

lets see Heatran ability:
Standard Falsh Fire: This Pokemon's Fire attacks do 1.5x damage if hit by one Fire move; Fire immunity.

now, since Heatran Hidden power is Ground, each time a 'Fire' appears in the description regarding the Fire type, then Ground will be added, so the new Flash Fire will be

New Flash Fire: This Pokemon's Fire AND Ground do 1.5x damage if hit by one Fire OR Ground move; Fire AND Ground immunity.

note the AND are added since they are effects while the OR is added because being hitted by a Fire move is a condition.

This means, Heatran is now immune by both Fire and Ground (and also, immune by Thousand Arrows!!) and by receiving an Fire or Ground move, Both Magma Storm and Earth Power will gain more power.

But the Heatran analysis doesnt end here.

Lets see Heatran's Item, Grassium Z:

Description: If holder has a Grass move, this item allows it to use a Grass Z-Move.

by adding Ground each time Grass appears, this will be modified this way:

New Grassium Z effect: If holder has a Grass OR Ground move, this item allows it to use a Grass or Ground Z-Move.

In order to understand how Z moves works, one should directly check at the coding i guess, but my bet is that now you can use both a Ground Z move with Earth Power or a Grass Z move with Solar Beam depending on what do you need during the battle. My other hypothesis (Acoording to Bulbapedia description), is that you can uppgrade your Grass or Ground moves into Z Bloom Doom (a Grass type move). Using this second alternative, you can use any Z- crystal with Heatran and activate it with Earth Power.

Now, looking at the moves, one might think that Stealth Rock is affected by this Metagame, however the real effect of Stealth Rock is to 'place rocks on the field'. So you are never calling the Rock type actually (Stealth Rock effect is to set up rocks on the field; the effect of the rocks placed are not modified by this metagame).

In general, moves, abilities and items that interact with field conditions, such as Sunny Day, Drizzle, Electric Surge, have a 'Set up' Effect, and they are not modified by this metagame because any type is called in the description of the effect.

Ok, more examples

Araquanid @ Splash Plate
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 130 HP / 252 Atk / 126 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SpD / 30 Spe (Hidden Power = Bug)
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Sticky Web
- Magic Coat

Water Bubble boosts both Water and Bug Attacks, effectively doubling this pokemon attack. This pokemon now also resist Bug type moves, since it also does resist Fire. Splash Plate Boost Both Water and Bug type moves (also, it makes Judgement a combined Water+Bug type move similar to Flying Press). WIth this new resistance and stronger Bug Type moves, without needing to lose life with Life Orb. Now this pokemon became an effective check for Bug types like Scizor and Buzzwole, Grass types like Tangrowth, and Psychic tpyes like Reuniclus, Alakazam and Slowbro.

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 Spe (Hidden Power = Fire)
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Taunt / Hidden Power Fire

Refrigerate boosts and transforms both Normal and Fire moves into a combined Ice+Fire Move, which is only resisted by Water, Rock and Fire types. Freeze dry is supper Efective against Fire and Water Pokemon and Earthquake also Handles Fire while also being supper effective against Rock, You can use Hidden power fire on last slot so you dont loose 1 Iv on this 100 base Speed Pokemon. Since Hidden Power Effect Overwrites Refrigerate and it doesnt call any specific type on its description, it isnt affected by this metagame rules, so it is effectively a wasted slot.

Latios-Mega (M) @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Perfect Iv for Hidden Power Dark. Levitate gives this guy Dark Immunnity as well as immunity to Ground, Spikes and Toxic Spikes. This Pokemon doesnt fear the Threats of Hoopa-U, Ash Greninja or Sucker Punch Mega Mawile. Standard Lati@s also works and it is immune to Knock Off. In general, Levitate Dragons can carry Hidden Power Dragon to get access to Dragon Z moves as an alternative to other Z moves; and Flygon can Transform a X4 weaknesses to ice into a Immunity.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD (Hidden Power = Ground)
- Earthquake
- Roost / Stealth Rock / Knock Off
- Protect
- Curse

With Hp ground Curse will work the same way it works with Ghost types. With Protect and Poison Heal you can Stall out or force out any Cursed pokemon. With Roost this pokemon becomes typeless until the end of the turn.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 2 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA (Hidden Power = Water)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam

Maybe Rain teams are strong in this metagame...
Magnet Pull Traps Both Water and Steel Types, allowing you to break those mons with Thunderbolt, despite few exceptions like Swampert and Ferrothorn, but if you manage to trap Greninja or Peliper, you will have dealt a ton of damage alredy. Specs are needed to quickly kill Toxapex and Speed investment is needed to prevent Peliper from escaping with U-turn, but it can be adjusted.

A bulkier version with assault vest can be used to trap Psychic types. With Perfect Ivs and a scarf this pokemon can Finish off Tyranytar, hoopa_u and unboosted Mega gyarados.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb / Groundium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe (Hidden Power = Steel)
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 SpD
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Superpower/ Iron Head / Stealth Rock
- Freeze-Dry

Thick Fat makes this pokemon take Neutral Damage from Fire and Steel. Freeze Dry hits water and Steel supper effectively, so this pokemon have 3 ways to break steel types depending on they other typing: Ferrothorn, Empoleon and Celesteela are destroyed by Freeze Dry, Heatran and Mawile by Earthquake, and scizor is weakened by Freeze Dry. You can remove Superpower for Iron Head so you have 2 different options for Z moves, but Mamo tends to prefeer consistant damage with Life Orb.

Volcarona @ Air Balloon
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance

Air Balloon gives Volc a partial immunity to Ground and Rock (also... stealth rocks?). Hidden Power Rock sucks against everything except Mega Zard Y, so this set is more like a Lure set and it is assumed that you can handle Steel types with Magnezone. Hidden power rock is boosted by Swarm though.

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
IV: 30 SPA, 30 SPD (Hidden Power = Ground)
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch/ Toxic

Offensive Electric immune to Ground and Electric. The downside is that you wont damage Defensive Ground tpyes, so carrying toxic is a good alternative.

Floatzel @ Splash Plate
Ability: Life Orb
IV: 30 ATK, 30 SPE (Hidden Power = Psychic)
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation / Crunch
- Ice Punch/ Crunch
- Pursuit/ Crunch
- Soak

Soak transforms the target into a Water/Psychic type. Then you finish it off with Pursuit or Crunch. Ice punch helps extending pressure against many key threats.

Banlist and Clauses: OU banlist and Clauses

Bans: I havent find anything broken yet. I will watch out Magnezone and Magnet Pull in general. Dhelmise is dangerous, and Shedinja can remove one weakneses with Air baaloon (with HP rock it may be immune to all hazards).

Here there is a link with possible Hidden Power IV's, if you are interested on giving some feedback: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/hidden-power-iv-combinations.78083/

Questions:

1) Is the premise understandable. If not very much, how can i make it more clear?

2) Do you find this metagame Fun?

3) How should Z- Crystals and Z- Moves work?

4) Should Air Balloon give Stealth Rock immunity if hidden power is Rock?

5) Should i use the pokemon Name to Specify what type is summed to all effects, instead of Hidden power type? (for example, if Flygon is called 'Ice', it gets Ice immunity with Levitate). This would help with teambuilding since you wont have to find about IV's for hidden power and it will let your opponent know about the type that is being summed.

6) Should ate abilities and type modifiers for attacks being handled with double typing? or Overwriting should work better?

7) What do you consider broken?

8) How should i handle Field effects called by moves and abilities? Is it ok to let them work as usual?

Thank you for reading!

Attachments

Last edited:
5) Should i use the pokemon Name to Specify what type is summed to all effects, instead of Hidden power type? (for example, if Flygon is called 'Ice', it gets Ice immunity with Levitate). This would help with teambuilding since you wont have to find about IV's for hidden power and it will let your opponent know about the type that is being summed.
Doing this would notably make the metagame unable to be the one of the month, since then it would be using nicknames.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
I'm glad you guys like Abilimoves so much, and it's been submitted with positive feedback but no QCs yet.

I need to work a bit more with this idea, so any help with technical issues is pretty much appreciated

1) Is the premise understandable. If not very much, how can i make it more clear?

2) Do you find this metagame Fun?

3) How should Z- Crystals and Z- Moves work?

4) Should Air Balloon give Stealth Rock immunity if hidden power is Rock?

6) Should ate abilities and type modifiers for attacks being handled with double typing? or Overwriting should work better?

7) What do you consider broken?

8) How should i handle Field effects called by moves and abilities? Is it ok to let them work as usual?

Thank you for reading!
Once you step into abilities and other effects, I think you're a bit too complex. You're changing the premise of hardcoded things like the Flash Fire boost, all while also effecting so much more that the only way to unbiasedly change everything would be to go in the code. Like, for whatever move/ability/effect that has the "Type = " condition, you add the HP type. Still then you'd run into the problem of it being coded just like a Pet Mod, and with changes to multiple conditions I just don't think it would pass.

Just keep it to moves. Like Flying Press where a move can be two typings, with the second typing matching your HP. You don't have to announce the HP type, but you could make it the nickname.

Doing this would notably make the metagame unable to be the one of the month, since then it would be using nicknames.
I think he meant like Inheritance and Camomons where they show you the knew type, here could show you the mon's HP type.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Anyways here's a cruddy idea for a meta that's probably already been taken, but the idea is this:

Kantofication

Premis: A Gen 1 OU metagame where Pokemon from gens 2-7 are legal, granted they drop their illegal moves/types and have the higher of their two special stats chosen

So, any mon from a later gen is allowed in a gen 1 format, but they are only allowed the legal movepool at the time. No Focus Blasts or U-Turns; only Submissions and Pin Missiles. Also, only the first 15 types allowed, and any Pokemon that has a Fairy/Steel/Dark typing either drops the illegal type or remains illegal. That means that the Tapu's lose their Fairy typing and are legal here, but Magearna is still not allowed because it would be typeless. Lastly, simple enough, the higher of the two special stats (special attack / special defense) is used, so a mon like Blacephlon gets a 151 special stat for this meta.

Bans: Gen 1 OU bans + Gen 7 Ubers (besides the unbans listed), Regigas, Slaking, Hoopah, Hoopa-U, any Pokemon that cannot naturally be legal (Magearna, Unknown, item-reliant form changes like Silvally-Fire, ect).
Unbans: Zygarde, Shaymin-Sky, Pheromosa, Nagandel, Marshadow, Aegislash

Sets:

Scolipede
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam

A fast and strong Bug and is one of the only good STAB users for a SE attack on Psychics

Kecleon
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Body Slam
- Blizzard

Great special with instant recovery and unlike Blissy, it has a decent enough physical attack

Zeraora
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Slash
- Low Kick

Super fast twaves with 100% Slash crits and a 30% flinch rate from low kick.

Rotom-Wash
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Confuse Ray
- Thunderbolt

Lacks recover and an EQ immunity but is a scary ParaFusion user

Cryogonal
- Blizzard
- Explosion
- Bind
- Reflect

One of the fastest Bind/Wrap users, and has a nice 135 special for blizzard. Bind them to Blizzard range or score an Explosion once low.

Rhyperior
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Body Slam
- Substitute

Just a better Rhyhorn lol. Same goes for Blissey, which might be worth banning.

Questions:

-Is the translation too biased?
-Has this been done before and I haven't seen it?
-What else is worth banning? I'm probably missing a lot.
-Share sets if interested! I know gen 1 isnt the most fun meta but I like it a lot.

Last edited:
I'm glad you guys like Abilimoves so much, and it's been submitted with positive feedback but no QCs yet.

Once you step into abilities and other effects, I think you're a bit too complex. You're changing the premise of hardcoded things like the Flash Fire boost, all while also effecting so much more that the only way to unbiasedly change everything would be to go in the code. Like, for whatever move/ability/effect that has the "Type = " condition, you add the HP type. Still then you'd run into the problem of it being coded just like a Pet Mod, and with changes to multiple conditions I just don't think it would pass.

Just keep it to moves. Like Flying Press where a move can be two typings, with the second typing matching your HP. You don't have to announce the HP type, but you could make it the nickname.

I think he meant like Inheritance and Camomons where they show you the knew type, here could show you the mon's HP type.
Just to clarify, the type of moves arent summed with the HP, unless there is a type modifier item/ability like Aerilate or Splash Plate. Also, someone alredy posted a metagame with Flying Press like moves if i recall correctly.

I will try to check the coding when i have the time and see if i can find a consistant way to make the type additions, while also making it easy to understand how the additions are made in general.

If the idea falls into pet mod territory, i can let it be a pet mod and open submissions for moves, abilities and items; all with specific types in their effect description of course!

Anyways here's a cruddy idea for a meta that's probably already been taken, but the idea is this:

Kantofication

Premis: A Gen 1 OU metagame where Pokemon from gens 2-7 are legal, granted they drop their illegal moves/types and have the higher of their two special stats chosen

So, any mon from a later gen is allowed in a gen 1 format, but they are only allowed the legal movepool at the time. No Focus Blasts or U-Turns; only Submissions and Pin Missiles. Also, only the first 15 types allowed, and any Pokemon that has a Fairy/Steel/Dark typing either drops the illegal type or remains illegal. That means that the Tapu's lose their Fairy typing and are legal here, but Magearna is still not allowed because it would be typeless. Lastly, simple enough, the higher of the two special stats (special attack / special defense) is used, so a mon like Blacephlon gets a 151 special stat for this meta.

Bans: Gen 1 OU bans + Gen 7 Ubers (besides the unbans listed), Regigas, Slaking, Hoopah, Hoopa-U, any Pokemon that cannot naturally be legal (Magearna, Unknown, item-reliant form changes like Silvally-Fire, ect).
Unbans: Zygarde, Shaymin-Sky, Pheromosa, Nagandel, Marshadow, Aegislash

Sets:

Scolipede
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam

A fast and strong Bug and is one of the only good STAB users for a SE attack on Psychics

Kecleon
Ability: Color Change
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Body Slam
- Blizzard

Great special with instant recovery and unlike Blissy, it has a decent enough physical attack

Zeraora
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Slash
- Low Kick

Super fast twaves with 100% Slash crits and a 30% flinch rate from low kick.

Rotom-Wash
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Confuse Ray
- Thunderbolt

Lacks recover and an EQ immunity but is a scary ParaFusion user

Cryogonal
- Blizzard
- Explosion
- Bind
- Reflect

One of the fastest Bind/Wrap users, and has a nice 135 special for blizzard. Bind them to Blizzard range or score an Explosion once low.

Rhyperior
Ability: None
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Body Slam
- Substitute

Just a better Rhyhorn lol. Same goes for Blissey, which might be worth banning.

Questions:

-Is the translation too biased?
-Has this been done before and I haven't seen it?
-What else is worth banning? I'm probably missing a lot.
-Share sets if interested! I know gen 1 isnt the most fun meta but I like it a lot.
Some ideas

Rotom-Frost
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Filler

Stab BlizzBolt

Kartana
- Razor Leaf
- Cut
- Swords Dance
- Toxic

Yes, a metaagame where kartana sucks. With Razor leaf it can get a few crits i guess..

Aerodactyl
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Hyper Beam
- Sky Attack

A pokemon that used to suck in gen 1 returns in a better shape with stab Rock Slide and Earthquake.

Venusaur
- Razor Leaf
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Amnesia

Venusaur got amnesia after gen 1 iirc, but Amnesia doesnt get well with Razor Leaf.

Swoobat
- Psychic
- Amnesia
- Filler
- Filler

Fastest Amnesia user

Torkoal
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Rest/ Explosion
- Amnesia

Slowest Amnesia user. Good defense stat.

Garchomp
- Earthquake
- Slash
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

A faster Ryperior. Great paired with bulkier ground types

Xurkitree
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Beam
- Wrap
- Hypnosis

Make sure to keep your grounds alive..

Swampert
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Best moveset ever.

Electivire
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Submission
- Earthquake

Great paired with Xurxitree to pressure Blissey and Ground types.

Infernape
- Fire Blast
- Submission
- Earthquake/ Hyper Beam
- Swords Dance

Step 1: paralyze alakazam
Step 2: send this guy

Regice
Ability: Clear Body
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Amnesia
- Thunder Wave/ Explosion

200 Special Defense, amnesia and Tbolt. Even in Ubers this thing would reckt Mewtwo probably.

Toxapex
- Surf
- Blizzard
- Recover
- Pin Missile
Nice Bulk, Special and recovery. Being slow and poison type sucks though.

Last edited:

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
Announcement:
Both of my recent OMs “Abilities as Moves“ and “Fair Play” are playable on Dragon Heaven!

Come build a team with the sets everyone’s been posting here, I’ll be on today and feel free to DM me if you’re available.

We need to check for bugs and other problems.

Play here: http://dragonheaven.psim.us/

Edit: Working out some bugs but things have been playing great! So grateful for Spandan for the moding.
Notes on Abilimoves:
-Trace is technically broken as an abilimove and is added to the Abilimove Clause.

As a regular ability, like on Mega Alakazam, it works fine and still just copies the target's single ability, and none of their Abilimoves. That works fine, but Trace as an Abilimove wouldn't make sense as it would have to override the user's natural ability, not the Trace moveslot, which causes a bit of a loop. Not much, if anything, is lost with banning it.
-Heavy hitters with 3 Abilimoves and 1 attack like Kartana and Blace are really unstoppable most of the time and have almost no switch ins, but are still limited. Not sure if they're worth banning, or banning some broken abilimoves would be better.
-Might be worth suspecting the speed doubling abilities, but still need to play and build more around them.
- Stall being a problem as well... http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7abilitiesasmoves-10587

Last edited:
Weirdly I feel like the problem with stall is the combo of Regenerator + Emergency Exit of all things. The free switch in on top of the healing is just too much, pretty much makes it impossible to consistently deal damage.

Delta Species cards from TCG are basically alternate types for mons so is there any potential with that? I think the concept is interesting but I'm not a huge fan of just changing a mon's type to whatever one feels like. Camomons is similar but with the restrictions of having to know the move to change type. Feel free to shoot this down since it's probably been suggested before in some form.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Announcement:
Both of my recent OMs “Abilities as Moves“ and “Fair Play” are playable on Dragon Heaven!

Come build a team with the sets everyone’s been posting here, I’ll be on today and feel free to DM me if you’re available.

Edit: Working out some bugs but things have been playing great! So grateful for Spandan for the moding.
Notes on Abilimoves:
-Trace is technically broken as an abilimove and is added to the Abilimove Clause.

As a regular ability, like on Mega Alakazam, it works fine and still just copies the target's single ability, and none of their Abilimoves. That works fine, but Trace as an Abilimove wouldn't make sense as it would have to override the user's natural ability, not the Trace moveslot, which causes a bit of a loop. Not much, if anything, is lost with banning it.
-Heavy hitters with 3 Abilimoves and 1 attack like Kartana and Blace are really unstoppable most of the time and have almost no switch ins, but are still limited. Not sure if they're worth banning, or banning some broken abilimoves would be better.
-Might be worth suspecting the speed doubling abilities, but still need to play and build more around them.
- Stall being a problem as well... http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7abilitiesasmoves-10587
Desolate land as a move is infinite, like it doesn't end when the carrier switches out. It's probably the same with primordial sea.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
Weirdly I feel like the problem with stall is the combo of Regenerator + Emergency Exit of all things. The free switch in on top of the healing is just too much, pretty much makes it impossible to consistently deal damage.
Yeah, Exit / Wimp Out in combo with natural or Abilimove Regenerator mons are really hard to deal with sets. Its gonna be a cornerstone for stall as well as good drfensive cores for balance. Yet, I’m not sure if its worth banning because of how passive they can be, and with how they allow stall to deal with the absurd mono attackers of the tier.

They could play a bigger role in a simple balanced meta-triangle of: Mono Attackers > ExitRegen > Set Up Sweepers. Note that the core I posted of Intimidate Pex and ExitRegen can be broken by set up sweepers or partically hard hitting special attackers. Yet I do believe they could be a huge issue.

Desolate land as a move is infinite, like it doesn't end when the carrier switches out. It's probably the same with primordial sea.
Yup! Thanks for spotting this. Right now there are a handful of bugs we’re trying to find, and yes this is an issue.

Announcement:

Notes on Abilimoves:

Thanks to Gravity Monkey, I played Abi As Moves and tried some funny sets :

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Aerilate
- Guts
- Quickfeet

Not that easy to setup, but with a slow Pokémon w/ VoltTurn (like Scizor) it does a REALLY good job !

Honchkrow @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tinted Lens
- Magic Guard
- Gale Wings

> No residual damage + no recoil
> Strongest priority
> Not affected by Psychic Terrain
> Hit VERY HARD
> Outspeed Last Resort Komola
Staraptor can also do the job, with Reckless instead of Moxie :mehowth: More damage if 0 kill, less if 1+

Also, there is a problem with the spread guesser. It think abilities are physical moves, so it give a spread with EV in Atk, even for special attacker

Last edited:

Honchkrow @ Choice Band
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tinted Lens
- Magic Guard
- Gale Wings

> No residual damage + no recoil
> Strongest priority
> Not affected by Psychic Terrain
> Hit VERY HARD
> Outspeed Last Resort Komola
Psychic Terrain affects the target, not the user. Unless the target is also off the ground, Brave Bird will still be blocked.

Also, there is a problem with the spread guesser. It think abilities are physical moves, so it give a spread with EV in Atk, even for special attacker
I does that if you have empty move slots, too. It's not specific to abilities as moves.

Boy, this is exciting!

Tapu Koko @ Electric Seed
Ability: Electric Surge
Modest Nature
- Electro Ball / Brave Bird
- Surge Surfer
- Unburden
- Galvanize / Gale Wings

Koko is Cuckoo for speed, and to be able to double-stack base 130 speed gives it a guaranteed fully powered Electro Ball (like in the episode of the Anime where Pikachu destroys a temple with one).

Ferrothorn @ Metronome
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Steelworker / Adaptability / Leech Seed
- Analytic
- Flower Veil

Yeah... not really taking full advantage of its defenses here. People might assume Flash Fire anyway, right? So this is a surprise combo! Analytic instead of Tinted Lens because it's slower than most.

Greninja-Ash @ King's Rock
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam / Battle Bond
- Stench
- Skill Link

Flinch Hell. I couldn't resist.

Blacephalon @ Flame Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Magic Guard
- Flare Boost

Yes, the old Magic Guard + Mind Blown trick. Only this time also boosted by Flare Boost, and Magic Guard blocks the Burn damage.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Storm Throw
- Gale Wings
- Normalize

Aerilate comes after other effects that change a move's type, but before Ion Deluge and Electrify's effects. Normalize comes before other effects that change a move's type. The -ate Abilities are really cool, but you can only have 1 of each Ability per team, so apply it wisely.

Escavalier @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fell Stinger
- Megahorn
- Technician
- Tinted Lens

Boosting the underpowered. With 1.5x from STAB, 1.5x from Technician, and potentially 1.5x again from Swarm, as well as double damage from Tinted Lens, this thing's Fell Stinger should be quite hefty and useful. After the first, Megahorn sweep as long as its bulk holds up.
Note: Tinted Lens works better than Analytic here because Bug is often resisted.

Meloetta @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Dream Eater
- Relic Song
- Shadow Tag
- Bad Dreams

Everyone's dream girl.

Bug: It won't let me have more than 1 Ability added and keeps rejecting it otherwise. That's no fun.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Blacephalon @ Flame Orb
Timid Nature
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Magic Guard
- Flare Boost
Fire mons can’t be burned :(

Another weird bug is that pokemons with 4 moves (no abilities as moves) make the game crash when switched in. I don’t know if it always does that, but it at least does it with Lando.

Fire mons can’t be burned :(

Another weird bug is that pokemons with 4 moves (no abilities as moves) make the game crash when switched in. I don’t know if it always does that, but it at least does it with Lando.
Um... okay so Flareon has Guts for other reasons, and Jolteon has Quick Feet for other reasons, and so forth... I see why Chandelure doesn't have Flare Boost now.

Trevenant @ Big Root
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed / Ingrain
- Horn Leech
- Drain Punch
- Triage

Being the only Pokémon with two physical draining moves, I couldn't resist.

Tsareena (F) @ Weakness Policy / Wide Lens
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Adamant Nature
- U-turn / Trop Kick / Play Rough, High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin
- Acupressure
- Flower Veil

Flower Veil, the OP Ability nobody ever gets but every Grass type deserves yet doesn't really need as they are already immune to Powder moves. Anyway, it's like Comatose, but without the 'considered asleep' factor, and can be ignored.

Wishiwashi @ Zoom Lens / Weakness Policy
Ability: Schooling
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Atk / 24 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Aqua Tail / Iron Tail / Double Edge / Earthquake / U-Turn / Beat Up
- Hydro Pump / Muddy Water / Ice Beam / Brine / Scald / Whirlpool
- Regenerator / Sap Sipper / Volt Absorb
- Emergency Exit / Wimp Out

Slow, but überpowerful and unbeatable with this combination. Which gives me an idea...

Golisopod @ Assault Vest / Maranga Berry
Ability: Emergency Exit
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet / First Impression / Sucker Punch
- Liquidation / Razor Shell / Swords Dance
- Leech Life / Throat Chop / Shadow Claw / Knock Off
- Regenerator

Golisopod becomes useful, and makes comebacks!

Ninetales-Alola @ Choice Specs / Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning / Snow Cloak
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil / Hail
- Blizzard / Freeze-Dry
- Prankster
- Ice Body / Slush Rush / Refrigerate

Zygarde-10% @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- {Insert ¾ of a typical Zygarde set}
- Power Construct

You wanted Zygarde not to be Ubers, anymore? Boom. You got it.

Mismagius @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Inferno / Zap Cannon / Thunder
- Power Gem / Magical Leaf / Mystical Fire / Charge Beam / Shadow Ball
- Thunder / Hex / Shadow Sneak / Sucker Punch
- No Guard

So Mismagius has one of the most controversial learning pools. Across generations, it can learn Inferno, Zap Cannon, and Hex, but never together. So I would try a few combos until a good one works.

Last edited:

Greninja-Ash @ King's Rock
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam
- Stench
- Skill Link

Flinch Hell. I couldn't resist.

Blacephalon @ Flame Orb
Timid Nature
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Magic Guard
- Flare Boost

Yes, the old Magic Guard + Mind Blown trick. Only this time also boosted by Flare Boost, and Magic Guard blocks the Burn damage.
Battle Bond sets Water Shuriken to 3 hits, probably overriding Skill Link, and Blacephalon cannot be burned by virtue of being a Fire-type.

Trevenant @ Big Root
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed / Ingrain
- Horn Leech
- Drain Punch
- Triage

Being the only Pokémon with two physical draining moves, I couldn't resist.
Buzzwole (and also Mew, Incineroar, and Mimikyu): Am I a joke to you?

Tsareena (F) @ Weakness Policy / Wide Lens
Ability: Queenly Majesty
Adamant Nature
- U-turn / Trop Kick / Play Rough, High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin
- Acupressure
- Flower Veil

Flower Veil, the OP Ability nobody ever gets but every Grass type deserves but doesn't need as they are already immune to Powder moves. Anyway, it's like Comatose, but without the 'considered asleep' factor, and can be ignored.
Good catch on Flower Veil! Not only does it make Grass types immune to status, but it also makes them immune to stat drops. That said, I don't think Tsareena is the best Pokemon to abuse this.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Hustle
- Steelworker
- Flower Veil

That's more like it.

Now for another set.

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Magnet Pull
- Toxic / Hidden Power Electric / Cloud Nine

I was looking for a defensive answer for Kartana that could also take on Heatran, and found Volcanion. The last slot is flexible. Toxic and HP Electric are for better checking Water types (Keep in mind that Manaphy is basically immune to Toxic), while Cloud Nine lets you better check Fire types by ignoring their Desolate Land.

Buzzwole (and also Mew, Incineroar, and Mimikyu): Am I a joke to you?

Good catch on Flower Veil! Not only does it make Grass types immune to status, but it also makes them immune to stat drops. That said, I don't think Tsareena is the best Pokemon to abuse this.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Hustle
- Steelworker
- Flower Veil

That's more like it.

Now for another set.

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Magnet Pull
- Toxic / Hidden Power Electric / Cloud Nine

I was looking for a defensive answer for Kartana that could also take on Heatran, and found Volcanion. The last slot is flexible. Toxic and HP Electric are for better checking Water types (Keep in mind that Manaphy is basically immune to Toxic), while Cloud Nine lets you better check Fire types by ignoring their Desolate Land.
Reply to Leech Life: It wasn't very effective. Also, TREE-age.

I like that twist on Kartana. Better than No Guard.

Magnet Pull? I think Arena Trap and Shadow Tag aren't in the banlist, yet... What even is this set?

Cresselia (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Rattled
- Unaware
- Fluffy
- Future Sight / Psyshock

Bulky wall. Psychic types are weak to everything that Rattled boosts, so if you have any Psychic types that need a speed boost (like Victini), Rattled is a must-consider.

Last edited:
Reply to Leech Life: It wasn't very effective. Also, TREE-age.

I like that twist on Kartana. Better than No Guard.

Magnet Pull? I think Arena Trap and Shadow Tag aren't in the banlist, yet... What even is this set?
Arena Trap and Shadow Tag are straight up banned from OU, and this an OU based meta, soooo...

According to the original Abilimoves post, it looks like you have to actually use the "ability" in order to take effect. So stuff like 3 ability band kartana wouldn't really work.
This was changed by Ho3nConfirm3d because it's more interesting.

Arena Trap and Shadow Tag are straight up banned from OU, and this an OU based meta, soooo...
They are banned as Abilities, but not as Abilimoves... really I can't tell because the approval system keeps repeating the bug, so that needs a fix.

Howzis?
Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 2.00.40 PM.png

Last edited:

Blacephalon @ Flame Orb
Timid Nature
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Magic Guard
- Flare Boost

Flare Boost on a Fire Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)