Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
According to the original Abilimoves post, it looks like you have to actually use the "ability" in order to take effect. So stuff like 3 ability band kartana wouldn't really work.
As Dr. Pumkinz said, I kind of hijacked the name, but refer to my oroginal post “Abities As Moves” here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/metagame-workshop.3598275/page-123#post-8138371

Also, its worth noting that already banned abilties by OU ( Shadow Tag, Moody, ect) are also banned as abilimoves. Trace was also added to the banned Abilimoves list for technical reasons.

Reactions: Ivy
Decided to take a break from the Masuda Snap to come up with some more AaM sets.

Milotic @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Poison Heal

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Marvel Scale

Poison Heal + Marvel Scale is a great combo that provides Pokemon with a sizable Defense boost while also giving great passive healing.

Not slow (Regigigas) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Slow Start
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Trace

10 Trace per turn lets goooooooo :swole:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
AAM bug reminder round 2!

- Desolate land, Primordial sea and Deltra Stream are still infinite but normal weathers can overwrite them if the setter is not on the field anymore
- Trace is banned as an ability and not as a move

EDIT:

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- toughclaws
- tintedlens
- Leaf Blade
- slushrush

Mew @ Light Clay
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- snowwarning
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- U-turn

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
AAM bug reminder round 2!

- Desolate land, Primordial sea and Deltra Stream are still infinite but normal weathers can overwrite them if the setter is not on the field anymore
- Trace is banned as an ability and not as a move

EDIT:

Kartana @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- toughclaws
- tintedlens
- Leaf Blade
- slushrush

Mew @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- snowwarning
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- U-turn
Many abilities are banned as ability but not as move, such as Arena Trap
While not in the code yet, OU banned abilities are banned as Abilimoves. Trace was also quick banned for being bug ridden and not straight forward for how it work as an Abilimove.

Once code is updated we'll have the bugs updated hopefully too!

Going forward, I would like to suspect two things:
-Tinted Lens: I think this is the most broken aspect of this meta because monoattackers just ignore resistances, eliminating most switch ins. I think its fair to suspect this first, then..
-Kartana: Obviously a monster with Steelworker and other crazy Abilimoves, its a great monoattacker that's only switch ins are things like RegenExit.

Speed Doubling Abilimoves, Aura Veil, Blace, and RegenExit are also on the list but I'll wait to see whey else there is to say.

Good call on suspecting Kartana. Something that makes it even more threatening is that Steelworker and Hustle aren't particularly sought-after abilities for most Pokemon, so it isn't very restrictive in terms of the AaM clause.

I think the combination beetwen Sttelworker and Tinted Lens is the dangerous aspect. Baning Tinted Lens first is the way to go Imo, because it makes teambuilding more challenging in general and monoattackers will have a harder time being successfull.

Without Tinted Lens, monoattack steelworker can be handled by Water, Fire, Electric and Steel defensive pokemon, and it makes steel types an easy target for Magnezone.

I would suggest banning Tinted Lens and then watch out for Kartana. Note that Kartana can still open big holes with 2 attacks (for example, Smart Strike, Sacred Sword, Tough Claws, Steelworker), and a Monoattacker set can still take opponents off guard. Other Steels can also be Terrifyng with 2 attacks, but they might not climb to the Broken level.

Hey... I’m new here and I don’t know where to find a DPP OU workshop, so I came here...

I’ve been working on a team revolving around occa berry Jirachi and sd Scizor. Those two I’ve been using for late-game, cuz the guy that made the core said that’s how it’s done. So I have a Celibi pivot, and a Gliscor (breaker for gengar) and Gengar core. I’m crazy because I gave Celebi bpass and nplot to up gengar’s special attack sky high. I need some suggestions for sets on Gliscor that would work well with this crazy Celebi/Gengar thing.

This is the team so far :
https://pastebin.com/dl/7Qf9un8a

Hey... I’m new here and I don’t know where to find a DPP OU workshop, so I came here...

I’ve been working on a team revolving around occa berry Jirachi and sd Scizor. Those two I’ve been using for late-game, cuz the guy that made the core said that’s how it’s done. So I have a Celibi pivot, and a Gliscor (breaker for gengar) and Gengar core. I’m crazy because I gave Celebi bpass and nplot to up gengar’s special attack sky high. I need some suggestions for sets on Gliscor that would work well with this crazy Celebi/Gengar thing.

This is the team so far :
https://pastebin.com/dl/7Qf9un8a
You may find the thread you want to post to here https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/ruins-of-alph.31/. This is a metagame Workshop, not a team workshop.

Friendship Cup
Metagame premise: Every Pokemon can learn any attack with a fixed base power equal to the friendship value of that pokemon. Friendship values must be all diferent.

Hapiness may be revealed to make every pokemon a bit more predictable. Moves with a variable power cannot be used by pokemon that dont have it (Gyro Ball, Seismic Toss, Electro Ball, etc).

Banlist: OU banlist and clauses
Posible bans: Kartana, Mega Aerodactyl, Kyurem-B, Serperior.

A few examples

180 is striclty for V create

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Defog

Jolly Kartana recovers the speed drop after getting a KO with V create, making it a consistant scarf. Blacephalon achieve a similar feat but it may have less coverage.

Malamar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

You can get Eruption, Water Spout, Mind Blown and Head Smash in this level of friendship.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Mind Blown/ Fire Blast
- Aqua Tail

Mega Aerodactyl was banned from Stabmons because it could wreck havoc with head Smash and Dragon Ascent. Mind Blown destroys Ferro but it cripples Aerodactyl too much.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Mind Blown
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam/ Water Spout

Magic Guard blocks Mind Blown Hp loss giving Zam a nuclear coverage move. Water Spout destroys Heatran at full Hp.

140 bp moves like Boomburst, Psycho Boost and Light of ruin can be found here. Send your Ate user here pls

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Psyshock/ Recover
- Focus Blast
- Psycho Boost

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 50 Def / 216 SpA
Modest Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast/ Psycho Boost
- Soft-Boiled

Psycho Boost for Toxapex specifically. Light of Ruin doesnt have recoil. More speed and special attack can be given to make Cleff a wallbreaker, but more defense may work too.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball
- Light of Ruin
- Trick

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Earthquake
- Psycho Boost
- Light of Ruin

Special Glalie

This is Serperior's playground

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Overheat
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Ground]

With no more HP fire needed, Heatran scrambles. Lurantis can pull off a mixed set, but it is way gimmick.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Fleur Cannon
- Burn Up
- Hidden Power [Ice]/ u-turn/ High Jump Kick

Bolt Strike hits like a truck even with low investment. More Attack investment can be given if Hidden power Ice is not used

Ton of Strong moves here, but not a ton of coverage on some key types like Dark and also there are some drawbacks like low accuracy, recoil or stat drops.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Techno Blast
- Zap Cannon

Normal Stab for Pidgeot, as well as Paralysis support. It can use Precipice Blades to surprise Electric types but it might be fine with Techno Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Ascent
- Flare Blitz
- Stealth Rock

This is like Flynium-Z Lando but with a better Flying move, Life Orb instead of the Z-Crystal and Flare Blitz instead of swords Dance.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless/ Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Volt Tackle
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out

Use regenerator if you want to last a few more turns.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]/ Flare Blitz

Outclassed by Serperior and it also takes a Mega Slot, but this mon can break holes on the opposing team pretty quickly

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Force
- Precipice Blades
- Close Combat

This could work as a surprise Physical set for Chansey if happiness werent revealed

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Close Combat
- Precipice Blades
- Flare Blitz

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Now Mega Aerodactyl has Dragon Ascent, but it lacks Head Smash. It appreciates having Close Combat and Flare Blitz though.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Hurricane
- Clanging Scales
- Fire Blast

110 Friendship is mostly reserved for Rain teams, being Fire Blast (and Blizzard to some extent) the only move there that doesnt fit the theme. It helps dealing with Ferrothorn tohugh. The problem with Rain is that you can only choose 1 pokemon with 110 Happiness, so the rest of the teams must have a different Happiness.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Water Shuriken/ Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

This mon works better outside Rain. Ice beam for Dragons (specifically Kommo-o). Thunder can surprise rain teams.

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

Moves with 100 bp form a gigantic world. At this level Kyrem-B can get an ice stab as well as strong coverage, possibly banworhty.

Ability: No Guard
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Inferno
- Dynamic Punch
- Judgment

As i said, there is a ton of things that can be done with 100 bp moves. Another Normal Stab for Pidgeot, and this set is pretty annoying with 100% burn and confusion moves and they fit perfectly as Pidgeot Coverage moves. Banning Kyu-B can help many other pokemon to be viable on the 100 level since Kyu-B is just superior to them. This set has some Niches over what Kyu-B can do, though.

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Flying Press
- Swords Dance

Another astounding Kartana set. I choose Flying press because it works perfectly as a coverage move, checking defensive grass, Chansey, Ferrothorn and Buzzwole at the exact time. Earthquake handles a big majority of the Steel types and Celesteela is destroyed by a +2 All Out Pumelling.

I may add 90, 80, 75, 70, 60, 50, 40 and 25 bp examples in the future.

Questions:

1) Do you like the idea? What would you change?
2) Should i limit the number of Moves each pokemon can learn to, for example, 2?
3) What would you quickban? What Pokemon do you considered worth watching out?
4) Since this metagame gives pokemon Strong stab moves and coverage, defensive pokemon may have a difficult day fullfiling their purpose. Should i unban a few Uber Walls (Giratina/Lugia/Ho-Oh) to give defensive tools for each player?
5) Should i ban some moves like Spectral Thief or Boomburst? Note that only 1 pokemon would abuse each of those moves.

You may find the thread you want to post to here https://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/ruins-of-alph.31/. This is a metagame Workshop, not a team workshop.

Friendship Cup
Metagame premise: Every Pokemon can learn any attack with a fixed base power equal to the friendship value of that pokemon. Friendship values must be all diferent.

Hapiness may be revealed to make every pokemon a bit more predictable. Moves with a variable power cannot be used by pokemon that dont have it (Gyro Ball, Seismic Toss, Electro Ball, etc).

A few examples

180 is striclty for V create

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Defog

Jolly Kartana recovers the speed drop after getting a KO with V create, making it a consistant scarf. Blacephalon achieve a similar feat but it may have less coverage.

Malamar @ Assault Vest
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Psycho Cut
- Knock Off

You can get Eruption, Water Spout, Mind Blown and Head Smash in this level of friendship.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Mind Blown/ Fire Blast
- Aqua Tail

Mega Aerodactyl was banned from Stabmons because it could wreck havoc with head Smash and Dragon Ascent. Mind Blown destroys Ferro but it cripples Aerodactyl too much.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Mind Blown
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam/ Water Spout

Magic Guard blocks Mind Blown Hp loss giving Zam a nuclear coverage move. Water Spout destroys Heatran at full Hp.

140 bp moves like Boomburst, Psycho Boost and Light of ruin can be found here. Send your Ate user here pls

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Psyshock/ Recover
- Focus Blast
- Psycho Boost

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 50 Def / 216 SpA
Modest Nature
- Light of Ruin
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast/ Psycho Boost
- Soft-Boiled

Psycho Boost for Toxapex specifically. Light of Ruin doesnt have recoil. More speed and special attack can be given to make Cleff a wallbreaker, but more defense may work too.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball
- Light of Ruin
- Trick

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Earthquake
- Psycho Boost
- Light of Ruin

Special Glalie

This is Serperior's playground

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Overheat
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Ground]

With no more HP fire needed, Heatran scrambles. Lurantis can pull off a mixed set, but it is way gimmick.

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Fleur Cannon
- Burn Up
- Hidden Power [Ice]/ u-turn/ High Jump Kick

Bolt Strike hits like a truck even with low investment. More Attack investment can be given if Hidden power Ice is not used

Ton of Strong moves here, but not a ton of coverage on some key types like Dark and also there are some drawbacks like low accuracy, recoil or stat drops.

Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Techno Blast
- Zap Cannon

Normal Stab for Pidgeot, as well as Paralysis support. It can use Precipice Blades to surprise Electric types but it might be fine with Techno Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Ascent
- Flare Blitz
- Stealth Rock

This is like Flynium-Z Lando but with a better Flying move, Life Orb instead of the Z-Crystal and Flare Blitz instead of swords Dance.

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless/ Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Volt Tackle
- Flare Blitz
- Fake Out

Use regenerator if you want to last a few more turns.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]/ Flare Blitz

Outclassed by Serperior and it also takes a Mega Slot, but this mon can break holes on the opposing team pretty quickly

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Force
- Precipice Blades
- Close Combat

This could work as a surprise Physical set for Chansey if happiness werent revealed

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Close Combat
- Precipice Blades
- Flare Blitz

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Now Mega Aerodactyl has Dragon Ascent, but it lacks Head Smash. It appreciates having Close Combat and Flare Blitz though.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Hurricane
- Clanging Scales
- Fire Blast

110 Friendship is mostly reserved for Rain teams, being Fire Blast (and Blizzard to some extent) the only move there that doesnt fit the theme. It helps dealing with Ferrothorn tohugh. The problem with Rain is that you can only choose 1 pokemon with 110 Happiness, so the rest of the teams must have a different Happiness.

Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Water Shuriken/ Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

This mon works better outside Rain. Ice beam for Dragons (specifically Kommo-o). Thunder can surprise rain teams.

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

Moves with 100 bp form a gigantic world. At this level Kyrem-B can get an ice stab as well as strong coverage, possibly banworhty.

Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Inferno
- Dynamic Punch
- Judgment

As i said, there is a ton of things that can be done with 100 bp moves. Another Normal Stab for Pidgeot, and this set is pretty annoying with 100% burn and confusion moves and they fit perfectly as Pidgeot Coverage moves. Banning Kyu-B can help many other pokemon to be viable on the 100 level since Kyu-B is just superior to them. This set has some Niches over what Kyu-B can do, though.

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Flying Press
- Swords Dance

Another astounding Kartana set. I choose Flying press because it works perfectly as a coverage move, checking defensive grass, Chansey, Ferrothorn and Buzzwole at the exact time. Earthquake handles a big majority of the Steel types and Celesteela is destroyed by a +2 All Out Pumelling.

I may add 90, 80, 75, 70, 60, 50, 40 and 25 bp examples in the future.

Questions:

2) Should i limit the number of Moves each pokemon can learn to, for example, 2?
4) Since this metagame gives pokemon Strong stab moves and coverage, defensive pokemon may have a difficult day fullfiling their purpose. Should i unban a few Uber Walls (Giratina/Lugia/Ho-Oh) to give defensive tools for each player?
5) Should i ban some moves like Spectral Thief or Boomburst? Note that only 1 pokemon would abuse each of those moves.

90 - Earth Power

130 - High Jump Kick, Blue Flare
100 - Jump Kick, Searing Shot, Magma Storm, Moongeist Beam
85 - Secret Sword

140 - Boomburst
120 - Focus Blast, Techno Blast, Zap Cannon
110 - Blizzard, Fire Blast, Thunder
100 - Inferno, Magma Storm, Judgement

120 - Megahorn, Gunk Shot, Precipice Blades
85 - Icicle Crash

25 - Icicle Spear, Bone Rush

50 - Gear Grind, Fell Stinger, Bonemerang

Honestly, this meta offers so many options, it's kind of overwhelming.

Friendship Cup

Fire and Forget (Metagross) @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / whatever else
Happiness: 200
- Light that Burns the Sky
- Searing Sunraze Smash
- Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom
- Explosion

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
Questions:

1. Really fun new way to add moves! Never thought about using the friendship meter! The biggest problem about this meta is that it would be another OM that gives mons new moves based on some sort of rule or system. Currently, we already have Alphabet Cup, Mergemons, Sketchmons, STABmons, and Typemons that all add extra moves to a mons movepool. So this OM would be the 6th increased movepool based OM we have. Not saying its a bad idea, because both the way mons get new moves and which moves they get is totally new. But again it is very similar to 5 other metas that do the same thing but under different circumstances. Also, why do we need the happiness value? Wouldn't this be the same if we checked for new moves all being the same bp? Really, you could skip the middleman and just make it "BP Cup" and award as many new attacks from the same base power. So if something like Earthquake is normally an illegal attack but is added, then only other base 100 attacks can also be added. Idk, again friendship just sounds like a middleman that isn't needed.
2. Like Alphabet Cup and STABmons, I don't think theres a reason to limit how many moves, but maybe just ban some moves at certain BPs. Like maybe Extreme Speed is broken, just ban it as a Friendship move. Given that these are also only new attacks, it will be easy to single out whats broken I believe.
3. Probably would need to ban Kartana, Blace, and Kyurem-Black, and maybe even Kom cause Scarf Sleep Talk Dragon Tail / Circle Throw, if that becomes an issue. Watch out for the rest of the STABmons bans I'd say, and totally Serp with Overheat, Draco, and Fleur Cannon.
4. No don't do that. Many OMs are just naturally favored for offense, like Full Potential, and stall can still get "--" moves like Night Shade and Super Fang if you clarify that zero happiness correlates to the "--" damage attacks. Also check below with my sets that do show that stall does benefit.
5. No need, wait to see whats worth banning.

Those are my thoughts, and here's a few sets:
Happiness: 110
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Thunder

Monster in the rain that can deal with its Water type checks like Fini and Pex.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Nature's Madness
- Toxic

Stall sets like Pex can wear down all these attackers with Nature's Madness and Toxic.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Happiness: 100
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Beak Blast
- Earthquake
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

And also have stuff like this lol.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Sunsteel Strike

Latios-Mega @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Core Enforcer
- Psystrike
- Searing Shot

Also new stall breakers too though.

Internally, moves like Night Shade are coded as 1 power (not 0), so if you were going to be allowed to get those, you would use 1. However, 1 is also where the variable-power moves like Gyro Ball, Magnitude, and Heat Crash live, so it may be a case of "1 is too flexible a power to allow you to inherit, and is banned as a happiness value."

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
Internally, moves like Night Shade are coded as 1 power (not 0), so if you were going to be allowed to get those, you would use 1. However, 1 is also where the variable-power moves like Gyro Ball, Magnitude, and Heat Crash live, so it may be a case of "1 is too flexible a power to allow you to inherit, and is banned as a happiness value."
I dont see why that be the case for banning. Even with all those new moves, nothing really is that broken by having them. They are all conditional, and likely a set won’t have more than 2 of these moves at once.

74% Flinch (Jirachi) @ King's Rock
Jolly Nature
Happiness: 1
- Beat Up
- filler
- filler
- filler

Tirtouga @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
- Endeavor
- Aqua Jet
- Guardian of Alola
- filler

Innards OUT! (Blissey) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
- Final Gambit

Me First also stands out as the only status move in the game to be coded with a nonzero power (it's 1, as you might expect the most reasonable alternative to be). If you allow that, it opens up some Prankster shenanigans.

Last edited:
Some more AaM sets. I really hope this ends up getting approved.

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Technician
- Adaptability
- Analytic

An alternative to Mega Beedrill. Bulkier and stronger, though probably outclassed due to its lower speed, as well as preventing a teammate from using Adaptability. A bulkier spread can also be used to better abuse Analytic.

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Skill Link
- Technician
- Quick Feet

A bit faster than Mega Bee, though also a bit weaker, and has no room for an additional power-boosting ability.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dual Chop
- Bulldoze
- Stealth Rock / Rock Tomb
- Technician

I was wondering who else could benefit from Technician, and thought of Dual Chop. While slightly weaker than Earthquake and Stone Edge, Bulldoze and Rock Tomb offer speed control.

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Bite
- Poison Fang
- Technician
- Tough Claws

I continued thinking of what could benefit from Technician, then thought of stacking multipliers. With Technician and Strong Jaw, Bite reaches a base power of 135, while Poison Fang hits 112.5. Unfortunately, the elemental fangs are just slightly too strong to get a Technician boost, so these are the only two moves that can abuse Technician + Strong Jaw.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon / U-turn / Adaptability
- Mega Launcher

Strong Jaw made me think of Mega Launcher. Hydreigon gets dual pulse STABs, making it an easy fit.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard
- Technician
- Flash Fire / Primordial Sea

For all your Blacephalon-trapping needs (until they start running Mold Breaker or Cloud Nine).

Took a quick peek at Friendship Cup, and rather than only letting a single Pokemon run a given happiness, I think it would be better to only let a non-native move be given out once. So you can have multiple Pokemon with 110 Happiness on a Rain team, but are only able to give out Steam Eruption/Hurricane/Hydro Pump once.

Kinda makes it like Sketchmons, I suppose.

74% Flinch (Jirachi) @ King's Rock
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- filler
- filler
- filler

Tirtouga @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
- Endeavor
- Aqua Jet
- Guardian of Alola
- filler

Innards OUT! (Blissey) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
- Final Gambit

Me First also stands out as the only status move in the game to be coded with a nonzero power (it's 1, as you might expect the most reasonable alternative to be). If you allow that, it opens up some Prankster shenanigans.
I also want to add

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
- Endeavor
- Shadow Sneak
- Nature's Madness/ Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

I dont think 1 Bp moves are broken. You just need to deal with 1 of those per team. Shedinja looks broken too and it can send every pokemon back to 1 Hp besides ghost type, which shedinja can hit super effectively. In case it is needed, i can ban shedinja too instead of 1 bp moves. There is counterplay to Wonder Guard since most pokemon may have Dark, Fire, or Flying coverage but Focus Sash ensures that Shed will strike at least once before fainting.

I want to clarify that signature Z moves are not allowed as friendship moves. I didnt take that into account.

1. Really fun new way to add moves! Never thought about using the friendship meter! The biggest problem about this meta is that it would be another OM that gives mons new moves based on some sort of rule or system. Currently, we already have Alphabet Cup, Mergemons, Sketchmons, STABmons, and Typemons that all add extra moves to a mons movepool. So this OM would be the 6th increased movepool based OM we have. Not saying its a bad idea, because both the way mons get new moves and which moves they get is totally new. But again it is very similar to 5 other metas that do the same thing but under different circumstances. Also, why do we need the happiness value? Wouldn't this be the same if we checked for new moves all being the same bp? Really, you could skip the middleman and just make it "BP Cup" and award as many new attacks from the same base power. So if something like Earthquake is normally an illegal attack but is added, then only other base 100 attacks can also be added. Idk, again friendship just sounds like a middleman that isn't needed.
2. Like Alphabet Cup and STABmons, I don't think theres a reason to limit how many moves, but maybe just ban some moves at certain BPs. Like maybe Extreme Speed is broken, just ban it as a Friendship move. Given that these are also only new attacks, it will be easy to single out whats broken I believe.
3. Probably would need to ban Kartana, Blace, and Kyurem-Black, and maybe even Kom cause Scarf Sleep Talk Dragon Tail / Circle Throw, if that becomes an issue. Watch out for the rest of the STABmons bans I'd say, and totally Serp with Overheat, Draco, and Fleur Cannon.
4. No don't do that. Many OMs are just naturally favored for offense, like Full Potential, and stall can still get "--" moves like Night Shade and Super Fang if you clarify that zero happiness correlates to the "--" damage attacks. Also check below with my sets that do show that stall does benefit.
5. No need, wait to see whats worth banning.
Thank you for the feedback. I add happiness value because it might be easier to code that way, but im certain that it can be removed. I dont think it is a huge impact since only Pinsir and Glalie use Return/Frustation in OU and they can just use Double Edge or whatever normal move they get with their current Hapiness.

This is my scizor set.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Happiness: 50
Jolly Nature
- Gear Grind
- Fell Stinger
- Bonemerang
- Flame Charge

Buzzwole @ Assault Vest
Happiness: 80
EVs: 206 HP / 252 Atk / 50 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Fire Lash
- Extreme Speed
- Leech Life

Fire Lash and extreme speed synergize too well

Blacephalon @ Firium Z
Happiness: 80
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Shadow Ball
- Mind Blown
- Aura Sphere

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
Happiness: 20
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 116 SpD / 136 Spe
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Rapid Spin
- Mud-Slap/ Superpower
- Nuzzle

I found a 20 set. most pokemon that switch into Bulu dont like to be paralyzed

Took a quick peek at Friendship Cup, and rather than only letting a single Pokemon run a given happiness, I think it would be better to only let a non-native move be given out once. So you can have multiple Pokemon with 110 Happiness on a Rain team, but are only able to give out Steam Eruption/Hurricane/Hydro Pump once.

Kinda makes it like Sketchmons, I suppose. Definitely should reveal Happiness upon switch-in, though. We might be able to avoid the "Lost my answer to the V-create Greninja lure" problem Sketchmons has that way.

Some more possibilities for Friendship Cup.

120 - Shadow Force, Close Combat
90 - Spectral Thief, Sacred Sword, Play Rough
80 - Spirit Shackle, Submission

120 - Head Charge, Close Combat

25 - Bullet Seed, Bone Rush

90 - Thousand Arrows, Dragon Hammer

90 - Thousand Arrows, Multi-Attack
80 - Extreme Speed

80 - Extreme Speed, Fire Lash

120 - Close Combat
100 - Photon Geyser

100 - Psystrike, Searing Shot, Magma Storm, Moongeist Beam

140 - Light of Ruin, Doom Desire
95 - Moonblast, Heat Wave

Something that makes building for Friendship Cup frustrating is that there's no easy way to search for moves. You basically have to have a Smeargle open and scroll through its movepool.

To round it off, here's another AaM set.

Diggersby @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Normalize
- Scrappy
- Tough Claws

If you didn't know, Foul Play only uses the opponent's raw attack stat and stat boosts. Power boosts from abilities and items are taken from Diggersby itself.

Kinda makes it like Sketchmons, I suppose. Definitely should reveal Happiness upon switch-in, though. We might be able to avoid the "Lost my answer to the V-create Greninja lure" problem Sketchmons has that way.
I am not sure of this, rain teams will Appreciate having a Thunder user, a Hurricane user and a Steam Eruption user, but then most teams will have a ton of 100 users and 90 users because they give a ton of options for the trainer. I prefeer this way since it forces the trainer to look at the complete Smeargle movepool and imo it promoves creativity.

Here are some examples of rain pokemon without 110 Happiness

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Keen Eye
Happiness: 70
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Freeze-Dry
- Volt Switch

A rain Setter anti rain Pokemon

Greninja-Ash @ Waterium Z
Happiness: 150
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

An imporved Hydro Cannon set

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Earthquake
- Diamond Storm
- Ice Hammer

Didnt know that Kabutops doesnt learn Earthquake

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest/ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Happiness: 90
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Thousand Arrows
- Ice Beam
- Spectral Thief/ Knock Off/ Leech Seed

Defensive Tangrowth to lure all Flying pokemon that now enjoy having a Stab. I dont know the correct Ev spread because i didnt make calcs, you need to make sure this guy survives key 120 bp flying moves from Lando or Salamence.

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Happiness: 65/ 80
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Brine/ Scald
- Glaciate/ Oblivion Wing
- Nature's Madness/ U-turn

Abilimoves sets:

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite / Big Root / Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Triage
- Technician
- toughclaws
Did you know Draining Kiss is a contact move? It gets boosted by Tough Claws! (It should be a Bite move, imo.) With this combined power, this 75% HP recovery move gets boosted in priority by 3 brackets (I would have done Tapu Lele, but its only useful Ability hates priority). Starting at 50 base power, the combinations of the Fairy Aura (x1.33), Tough Claws (x1.3), and Technician (x1.5) Abilities with the STAB (1.5x), this underrated anomaly gains WAY too much power, rounding down to 195 146 base power with +3 priority and 75% recovery. It does this at the cost of three great Abilities that may nigh then be used elsewhere. Did I mention a Sp. Atk. base stat of 165? Just be careful about the possibilities of Liquid Ooze and Dazzling/QM/PT.

Snorlax @ Custap Berry / Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- cheekpouch
- Harvest
- Belly Drum / Skull Bash / Curse / Recycle
- Pursuit / Belch / Last Resort / Body Slam / Natural Gift
Yeah, so Pursuit is only 40 base power. But after a Belly Drum, their Custap Berry places them first in their priority bracket for the next turn, and it's all sweeps from there! Until they have a Ghost type... So Pursuit on the off chance that they might attempt to switch out, because it hits before they do if they choose to. Best used in intense sunlight, Gluttony + Cheek Pouch + Harvest = early berry consumption + [bonus] HP restoration + chance/guarantee to replenish berry's supply = potentially endless HP/ top priority powerhouse!

Stench Heracross-Mega. Meh. Maybe add Serene Grace on top of that? And Technician or a speed-boosting Ability?

Blissey @ Zoom Lens
Ability: Natural Cure / Serene Grace
Adamant Nature
- effectspore
- flamebody / Regenerator / Aftermath
- cursedbody / cutecharm
- Dynamic Punch / Body Slam / Dream Eater / Tri Attack (these last two would need 252 SpA)
Offensive Blissey. Not only can it heal itself now, but it can punish enemies for exploiting its weaker defense! With a 30% (to 60% with Serene Grace?) chance to really mess up their plans. Tri Attack would be really useful...

Drampa @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- primordialsea
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- dryskin
So Drampa's speed stat is unredeemable. I get that. It's also the only non-legend with high SpA that also has access to both Hurricane and Thunder. So yes, it's a gimmick.

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- deltastream
- Air Slash
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
No Guard + No Weaknesses = No chance to lose!

Empoleon @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Weak Armor
- Stamina
- Competitive
- Power Trip
I dare you to hit me with a physical attack. Only three weaknesses: Electric, Fighting, and Ground. ⅔ chance if they hit this super-effectively, it will be a Physical attack. And then there's the other boosts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)