Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUGGERNAUT
Metagame premise:
When a Pokemon faints, the next pokemon that is brought in inherits 1/10th of the previous mon's BST (no less than 1 per stat).

For example: My Victini (100/100/100/100/100/100) is knocked out. The next pokemon I bring in is Heatran (91/90/106/130/106/77), Heatran will gain 1/10th of Victini's base stats (so 10 each), leaving it with 101/100/116/140/116/87 stats. If my Heatran faints, it had 10% boosted stats (1.1x), so the new mon will get 1/10th of my boosted Heatran's stats (which is really only ~11% total). To avoid diminishing returns, you'd want to keep Heatran safe so it can grab 10% from another mon later. The last mon remaining is guaranteed to have boosted stats to some degree, whether it's 11% or 50+%, so games can only get more intense and power creeped as time goes on!

- Any mon can inherit the stats of any other mon and can inherit stats as many times as they'd like per match
- Any mon that receives inherited stats keeps them for the remainder of the match, even if they switch out.

Potential bans and threats:
- Quickban self-KO moves like Self-Destruct, Explosion, Memento, Final Gambit, Lunar Dance, and Healing Wish
- Standard OU clauses
- Eviolite might be a problem on stall teams, along with Huge/Pure Power, Water Bubble, Thick Club, etc.

- Entry hazards will most likely play a pivotal role since an inheritor needs to switch in to receive the boosts. Regenerator juggernauts will have a much easier time popping in and out repeatedly.
- Likewise, pursuit and binding moves might be more prevalent to trap juggernauts and try to force a KO and thus diminishing returns.
- Chansey/Blissey can act as a Def/Sp Def receiver (the latter also able to receive Sp. Atk as well) and gift a substantial 25 HP stat to any pokemon receiving their boosts.

Some basic setups could be:
- Stacking Atk/Sp Atk and Speed onto wallbreakers like Kyurem-B, Char-X/Y, and Mega-Gyarados.
- Stacking bulk + atk/sp atk onto setup sweepers like Keldeo, Kommo-o, Magearna, Serperior, Tapu Bulu, Victini, and Volcarona.
- Stacking fat onto pure stall teams

Questions for the community:
My main concern is whether or not stall will become too powerful, especially with mons like Chansey/Blissey adding insane bulk to Toxapex, Tangrowth, and Scizor-Mega and vice-versa.
how would megas work in general?
also, things like Hoopa-Unbound, Regigigas, and Slaking would get abused quickly (as well as any megas, if their full mega stats are transferred over) as both sacrifices and receivers.
Does it stack? And does switching out reset the boost? I can foresee Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, and Circle Throw getting abused.

how would megas work in general?
also, things like Hoopa-Unbound, Regigigas, and Slaking would get abused quickly (as well as any megas, if their full mega stats are transferred over) as both sacrifices and receivers.
Does it stack? And does switching out reset the boost? I can foresee Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, and Circle Throw getting abused.
Megas will retain the boosts as well, so they can become prominent wallbreakers to pass to. As I mentioned in the post, Huge/Pure Power recipients like Mega Mawile and Medicham might have to be banned since they can quickly become ridiculous.

Hoopa-U I can see having more use, but Regigigas and Slaking are still setup fodder in the end. Part of the reason I opted for only 1/10th of the BST being transferred is because the difference between Hoopa-U (680) and, say Gliscor (510), is just 17 extra points spread over 6 stats. The name of the game is in a sense to stack fat BSTs onto late-game mons, but it might turn out that some of the highest BST mons may struggle with unforeseen threats. My main concern is juggernauts that become too strong as you said, but like I mentioned in the post they can either be a threat to watch out for or full on banworthy.

Yes it stacks. If I lose Mew, Victini, Jirachi, Manaphy, and Celebi, let's say, and make sure to send in Heatran after each one is KO'd, Heatran will have +50 added to each stat by the end (141/140/156/180/156/127). If this becomes too OP, we can do the same thing as Tier Shift and simply not pass HP boosts so stuff doesn't become too fat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I personally really like the extra level of teambuilding this can offer since you have to not only think of synergy, but which stat distributions you want to prioritize, speed tiers, and it offers unique pokemon from lower tiers a chance to shine since they can fix their often underwhelming stats.

Last edited:
Luremons i bet this is already a meta

Metagame premise: OU Banlist, Your Pokemon can have one move that it can't get naturally as a move it can use that you get to decide.
Potential bans and threats: Spore and other sleep moves(?) will have to go first definitely since it'd be way too cancerous for the meta. Threats would probably be like Eruption/Water Spout abusers that can use Choice Scarf and spam a 150 base power move.
Questions for the community: What would be other good threats in the meta, are there any other bans/broken stuff you can think of?
That’s pretty much identical to Sketchmons already.

Reactions: Ivy
Here's some sample teams I came up with for Juggernaut (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/metagame-workshop.3598275/page-133#post-8215642). These are relatively vanilla sets since I made them up kind of on the fly, but I listed some interesting mons that could have some use at the bottom of this post.

Stall:

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Chansey forms a great bulky core with Celesteela, Tapu Bulu, and Toxapex, with each one's natural bulk adding tremendous walling power to any Juggernaut that receives them. This team could work particularly well because you can opt for multiple Juggernauts cores like Chansey-->Toxapex or Toxapex-->Tapu Bulu<--Celesteela. Obviously, since you can't completely control who gets knocked out when, it's nice to have multiple routes you can follow without the whole team being shattered. Lando-T, Tapu Bulu, and Lopunny provide offensive presence and utility in Intimidate, Fake Out, and Grassy Terrain, and they all appreciate the attack boost the others provide as well as the bulk from the stall core.

Lopunny can be excellent Juggernaut due to perfect coverage in Normal/Fighting with Scrappy and its 135 Speed Tier setting it far enough ahead to outpace a large portion of the metagame without needing a lot of speed. However, it can lose tempo whenever it comes in to receive the Juggernaut boost if it is forced to come in on something that walls Lopunny. Tapu Bulu can be a powerful and balanced setup sweeper with all the added bulk from its team and offers much more utility to the team by setting up Grassy Terrain when it enters to receive Juggernaut boosts.

Hyper Offense:

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Toxic / Endure

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw

This team is focused on passing as much speed and offense to the sweepers as possible in a sort of "baton pass" setup and showcases how dangerously powerful many are as both stat passers and Juggernauts.

Ash Greninja's monstrous stats, albeit dependent on netting a KO, can be abused as a Juggernaut or as a perfect passer. Ribombee is a standard sticky web suicide lead and can pass sp atk and speed alongside ash greninja. Tankchomp sets up rocks and can pass speed + attack while also deterring physical attackers. This team also illustrates the round up rule for passing stats: Ash Gren has 145 atk, so it passes (14.5-->)15 atk and Ribombee has 55 base atk, so it will pass (5.5-->)6. Hoopa-U has the single highest non-mega BST in OU and can utilize it both as a monstrous mixed juggernaut or to pass a gargantuan 16 atk and 17 SpA to a recipient, along with a respectable 13 SpD.

Magearna, Hoopa-U, and Char-X all act as potential Juggernauts (Ash Greninja as well, to a lesser extent):
- Magearna absolutely loves the 35 speed and 33 spA it can receive from Ash Greninja, Ribombee, and Garchomp combined, letting it outpace just about everything after a SG and threaten a sweep with CM.
- Hoopa-U with nearly base 200 Atk and SpA AND a Life Orb spells instant trouble for just about everything. Maximum speed is needed to get the jump on everything it possibly can, but with webs this becomes much more manageable.
- Finally, Char-X runs its standard DDance set, now with new levels of destruction at its disposal. If Hoopa is used as a stat passer, it has the added bonus of patching Char-X's otherwise meager SpD stat, letting it tank hits better from opposing Magearna, Scarf Lele, etc. Thanks to its decent base speed, alongside the massive speed boost it receives from juggernaut, it can threaten many opposing mons without even needing to Dragon Dance.

For Whom the Bell Tolls (Sun Bulky Offense):

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Whirlpool
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt

Bellossom @ Coba Berry / Leftovers / Occa Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Dragonite @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Roost

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

This team is mostly because I wanted to showcase how some lower tier mons can gain much more utility thanks to the stat increases. The team aims to whittle down and pressure opposing teams to allow the Juggernaut to pick off weakened opponents rather than aiming for pure damage. One thing to note is that due to explosion being quickbanned, Torkoal is forced to deviate from its standard set. Diancie sets up rocks and keeps them off your side of the field, while the rest of the team forces switches or, in the case of Tapu Fini, traps the Juggernauts' checks.

Bellossom as a Juggernaut utilizes Chlorophyll to negate its crippling speed stat and allowing it to outpace everything next to Hawlucha. Since every speed point added to Bellossom is doubled in sun, her teammates focus primarily on boosting defense to allow QD setup on even more opponents. Tapu Fini and Torkoal provide massive defense buffs along with the sun and status protection that Bellossom wants, while Victini and Dragonite offer some extra bulk if they are better used as passers than Juggernauts. Strength Sap stops most physical attackers in their tracks and lets Bellossom set up more QDs in their face. Coba Berry and Occa Berry let it survive attacks from its usual checks and possibly win out with Giga Drain, while Leftovers ensures better protection against priority users at low HP and just better longevity altogether.

Victini can also act as a Juggernaut user thanks to Choice Scarf, absorbing attack and bulk from all of its teammates. What's notable is that, although Tapu Fini, Bellossom, and Torkoal are all Special attackers primarily, thanks to the round-up rule, they can offer a respectable 8-9 attack each, possibly giving Victini the edge it needs to turn 2HKOs into 1HKOs.

Finally, Dragonite appreciates the extra bulk thanks to Multiscale, doubling the effectiveness of each boost to its defenses at full HP. The default Z-move set provides excellent coverage and thanks to the team's multitude of Fire attacks, nearly all of its checks are weakened or eliminated by the time it can sweep.

Other cool low-tier mons:

Necrozma - Powerful setup sweeper with CM or SD and Photon Geyser. Prism Armor lets it survive SE attacks better.

Cloyster - Tried and true. Boost its defense and speed and bring it in on a physical attacker.

Araquanid - Water Bubble doubles attack so if this isn't banned, it will be an immensely powerful rain abuser.

Linoone - Z-Belly Drum with E-speed might be more useful with increased atk and bulk.

Slurpuff - Similar to Linoone, a belly drum set with Sitrus Berry and Unburden turns it into an absolutely monstrous sweeper, with access to Drain Punch to keep it alive even longer.

Beedrill-Mega - It's already devastatingly fast and strong and can wreak havoc with adaptability U-turn to quickly collect Juggernaut boosts and get out safely.

Pursuit Trappers - Choice Banded Weavile and Tyranitar would absolutely love to cripple or outright KO weakened Juggernauts as they attempt to switch out. I wouldn't be surprised to see pursuit trapping appear more often, even in lower tier mons.

Eviolite users - Obviously Chansey, but Porygon2, Doublade, and even Type:Null might see more usage thanks to every added point to defenses being multiplied 1.5x by eviolite.

Trick Room users - Snorlax, Slowbro-Mega, Stakataka, Marowak-Alola, and Crawdaunt all appreciate added bulk so they can setup more easily and/or added power to get the job done quicker. Trick room setters like Uxie, Cresselia, and Magearna can fulfill this role quite easily.

Last edited:
Even tho its very late now lol
Metagame premise: Every pokemon get access to Beast Boost in addition to its original ability.
Potential bans and threats: Mega Medicham for its potential speed boost, Kyurem-Black for its attack boost, Volcarona is also gonna be really threatening with the potential of penetrating teams after one single Quiver Dance.
Questions for the community: How would you guys think about other boosting abilities should work with this mechanic?

Reactions: pqs
Even tho its very late now lol
Metagame premise: Every pokemon get access to Beast Boost in addition to its original ability.
Potential bans and threats: Mega Medicham for its potential speed boost, Kyurem-Black for its attack boost, Volcarona is also gonna be really threatening with the potential of penetrating teams after one single Quiver Dance.
Questions for the community: How would you guys think about other boosting abilities should work with this mechanic?
Could do Moxie as well. Maybe a mechanic where all mons have the same ability as their nickname or the nickname of the first mon of the party? That would probably be the easiest way to make it work if you wanted any 1 ability added to each mon.

Could do Moxie as well. Maybe a mechanic where all mons have the same ability as their nickname or the nickname of the first mon of the party? That would probably be the easiest way to make it work if you wanted any 1 ability added to each mon.
Moxie seems to be like a good idea, but tbh if every pokemon gets an extra ability that seems like too much of a mess

Idk if I'm posting this right but If I'm doing it wrong, please tell me how to properly do it,
also idk if anyone else has suggested something like this but I'm a little bit too lazy to check 100+ pages to look for it (and it doesn't have a really good name) anyways, here we go.:

Chaosmons (name is W.I.P please suggest some)

Metagame premise: Short form:Each mon is from a different om depending on it's slot.
Detailed form: Depending on the slot the pokemon is in the team, it gets power from a corresponding om,
Slot1: AAA
Slot 2: MNM (Note this does not take up your mega slot, you can have an mnm mega AND say a tier shift or linked or aaa mega)
Slot 3: Linked
Slot 4: Camomons
Slot 5: Tier Shift
Slot 6: Stabmons
(I choose linked instead of none because it's just so much fun and could lead to really interesting teams)
And incase it wasn't enough chaos already, It's format is going to be ubers (with some repercussions)
Potential bans and threats: There will be global bans and native bans, eg your AAA mon can't be kartana as it's really busted in that mode, but your linked mon CAN be kartana.
Global bans: Mega Gengar. (Please suggest some more because I can't think of that many that are busted in multiple metas)
Native bans:
Archeops, Dragonite, Hoopa-Unbound, Kartana, Keldeo, Kyurem-Black, Regigigas, Shedinja, Slaking, Terrakion, Weavile And all ubers other than: Aegislash, Genesect, Landorus, Naganadel, Shaymin Sky. Are stuck with their original abilities.
Restricted abilities - Comatose, Contrary, Fluffy, Fur Coat, Huge Power, Illusion, Imposter, Innards Out, Parental Bond, Protean, Pure Power, Simple, Speed Boost, Stakeout, Water Bubble, Wonder Guard
Restricted Mega Stones - Beedrillite, Blazikenite, Kangaskhanite, Mawilite, Medichamite, Pidgeotite, Ultranecrozium Z
Can't Mega Evolve non-natively - Arceus, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Landorus-Therian, Lugia, Lunala, Marshadow, Mewtwo, Naganadel, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza, Regigigas, Reshiram, Slaking, Solgaleo, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom,
Dragonite
Bans - Chlorophyll, Sand Rush, Slush Rush, Surge Surfer, Swift Swim, Unburden, King's Rock, Razor Fang, Swampertite
Restricted moves - Baneful Bunker, Bounce, Detect, Dig, Dive, Fly, Nature's Madness, Night Shade, Phantom Force, Protect, Seismic Toss, Shadow Force, Sky Drop, Spiky Shield, Super Fang
Mons that cannot link moves - The entire uber tier Just unbanning genesect.
Bans - Dragonite, Kartana, Kyurem-Black, Latias-Mega, Shedinja
Bans - Deep Sea Tooth, Eviolite
Bans - Aerodactyl, Blacephalon, Kartana, Komala, Kyurem-Black, Porygon-Z, Silvally, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Thundurus-Base, King's Rock, Razor Fang
Restricted moves - Acupressure, Belly Drum, Chatter, Extreme Speed, Geomancy, Lovely Kiss, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Spore, Thousand Arrows

Questions for the community: First of all, should this become a thing, Personally I really like the idea as it could be a really fun one to play and just watch. Secondly, I had the idea that this could become an annual omotm, Happening every December as it is a lot of oms in one. Another question is what oms should be in it and which shouldn't be. Ik I'm already going to get a lot of people questioning linked as it is an omotm, But the thing is, linked just seems so perfect for this one.
Please give any feedback you can as this is certainly going to need A LOT of changes.

Here are also some thoughts for mons of each tier:
AAA: Buzzwole with mainly triage could be amazing as it gives priority 3 (same as fakeout) To any healing moves (including giga drain and leech life)
MNM: Zygarde, (Pinsirite,Alterianite) Dragonite: (Pinsirite, Alterianite) Theese two will be really good. Having STAB extremespeed on their side will make them very VERY powerful.
Linked: Zeraora, (Plasmafists - Return is always really good) Volcarona (QD - Fiery Dance) Both will be amazing. Genesect getting a free shift gear boost before an attack would also be worth mentioning. Shuckle as a setter of webs and rocks would be good if defog isn't too common.
Camomons: Mega Mawile, and Mew would be worth mentioning.
Tier Shift: Carracosta as a shell smash sweeper would kill anything that doesn't A: Run massive defense, or B: Have priority, Whilst thoose things are common, it will still be amazing.
Stabmons: Pdon is probably the best thought I have here as it can run tarrows instead of smack down to still allow pblades to kill but do massive damage and maybe kill W/O plades.
Again: This will require A LOT of changes but I really hope we can all make this work as it could be A LOT of fun.

Another thought is that this metagame will most likely be HO oriented as stall would not be good at all against some more of the offensive threats, You do get access to great stall mons, but none could really wall too much of this insane metagame.

(I also forgot to mention it's clauses, which should be the normal acc/evasion, sleep, ohko moves etc.)
Also If I'm online in showdown, please feel free to dm me questions/ideas for this, my ign is: Codename Turtle
Sample Teams:
Only one atm but please suggest more:
Codenameturtle's Hyper Offensive

Last edited:
*SNIP*

Questions for the community: First of all, should this become a thing...
Short answer, no. Almost every OM suggestion that involves each mon having different traits is rejected flat out since they become too complex. You might enjoy watching it, but I don't think nearly as many people can follow it as well.

As a random event/tournament, it could be a thing, but that's entirely up to staff's discretion.

Short answer, no. Almost every OM suggestion that involves each mon having different traits is rejected flat out since they become too complex. You might enjoy watching it, but I don't think nearly as many people can follow it as well.

As a random event/tournament, it could be a thing, but that's entirely up to staff's discretion.
Fair enough, tbh it seems like a really difficult thing to code and implement.

Fair enough, tbh it seems like a really difficult thing to code and implement.
I honestly would love to see a metagame that changes the whole format of how the game works, but isn't so complex or foreign that people would lose interest. Unfortunately, it always seems like it's one or the other lol.

Idk if I'm allowed to but I thought of a second om that must be shared. (I doubt this is the first time it has been recommended but oh well)
Metagame premise: Pure hackmons, BH without the bans. No limitations (nearly) Whatsoever.
Potential bans and threats: Bans: No guard and ohko moves and mind reader/other gurantee hit moves + ohko moves (+accuracy stuff and ohko moves are fine because you need to setup a little bit for it to be good accuracy) Just anything that would make ohko moves a gurantee hit. Also endless battle clause needs to be on
Unbans: Missingno.
Questions for the community: Why isn't this an actual, ladderable metagame? Why must we be stuck to the randomness of hackmons cup.
For a real question about the metagame though, Should z-moves WITH crystals, be reusable, (EG if you had normalium-z and happy hour you could use z-happy hour 48 times)

Note: This isn't AG, like there's no bans, This is like BH with no bans.
What I mean by that: You can have 252 in every stat, on ANY pokemon (missingno is allowed to because birds need rights, no stones/moves/orbs needed for megaing) With any move (crystal free z-moves, magikarp's revenge, too) even if they can't learn it.
Also I've had people respond to this post and tell me on showdown itself about AG + BH, thing is, I've had the om mashups room open (had it closed for like a week at one point) for about a month or two and have only seen 2 or maybe 3 BH related mashups and not a single BH+AG, I want this to be atleast a setting for challanging so I don't have to either learn how to make tournaments for PH, or find a friend (because we all know that's never going to happen unless dogs suddenly learn how to play pokemon)
The current only way to play PH is either hope for BH + AG which is insanely rare, or find a friend or someone who is willing to do a custom game with you without a team of 10,000 level 9999999 deo-speeds with no guard and sheer cold.

Last edited:
Idk if I'm allowed to but I thought of a second om that must be shared. (I doubt this is the first time it has been recommended but oh well)
Metagame premise: Pure hackmons, BH without the bans. No limitations (nearly) Whatsoever.
Potential bans and threats: Bans: No guard and ohko moves and mind reader/other gurantee hit moves + ohko moves (+accuracy stuff and ohko moves are fine because you need to setup a little bit for it to be good accuracy) Just anything that would make ohko moves a gurantee hit.
Unbans: Missingno.
Questions for the community: Why isn't this an actual, ladderable metagame? Why must we be stuck to the randomness of hackmons cup.
This is Anything Goes. The only ban there is endless battle clause.

This is Anything Goes. The only ban there is endless battle clause.
anything goes is like the normal pokemon games just all the bans are lifted
Pure hackmons is like BH where all the bans are lifted
the difference is:
In ag a mon has to be able to do the thing you want it to do in the actual games
In PH a mon doesn't need to
eg: in ph a bidoof can have 252 in all evs, and learn: Pblades, orgin pulse, magikarps revenge (this is a thing in showdowns code) and water shuriken, along with the ability, huge power

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
You can always lurk in the ommashups room on Showdown to play OM mashup tours; also, ROM has a pure hackmons format that you can challenge users or the Abyssal Bot to.

You can always lurk in the ommashups room on Showdown to play OM mashup tours; also, ROM has a pure hackmons format that you can challenge users or the Abyssal Bot to.
the whole point of writing this was to have a way to play PH without being in the om mashup room or custom games, But thanks for the ROM part, I'll be sure to try that, but still, Idk how many times I will have to say this but I just want PH to be it's own metagame in pkmn showdown

the whole point of writing this was to have a way to play PH without being in the om mashup room or custom games, But thanks for the ROM part, I'll be sure to try that, but still, Idk how many times I will have to say this but I just want PH to be it's own metagame in pkmn showdown
Here's an idea: Get onto ROM and make a new group chatroom (use this (updated link, sorry for confusion) for details on how to do this). Make tours regularly and invite people to them. Sorry it's against server policies to hot-link to other servers. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Betrayal

Metagame premise
:
2v2
Mons in slot 1 2 3 are loyal, mons in slot 4 5 6 go to your opponent team. (obviously their 4 5 6 mons go to you)
all mons must have 4 moves.
Usual OU ban.
"Nothing happen" moves, no fun on betrayer. Meaning their Z version have to go too but it is a small price to pay.
not threats, but how i think the meta will playout (not experienced enough to identify threats):
loyal mons:
probably same as normal 2v2,
contrary users
whirlwind user
magic bound
volt/water absorb/ flashfire/ sap sipper etc
betrayers:
weather/terrain setters.
type/ability change.
AOE moves
Questions for the community: is the name too heavy ?

Last edited:
Betrayal

Metagame premise
:
2v2
Mons in slot 1 2 3 are loyal, mons in slot 4 5 6 go to your opponent team. (obviously their 4 5 6 mons go to you)
all mons must have 4 moves.
Usual OU ban.
"Nothing happen" moves, no fun on betrayer. Meaning their Z version have to go too but it is a small price to pay.
not threats, but how i think the meta will playout (not experienced enough to identify threats):
loyal mons:
probably same as normal 2v2,
contrary users
whirlwind user
magic bound
volt/water absorb/ flashfire/ sap sipper etc
betrayers:
weather/terrain setters.
type/ability change.
AOE moves
Questions for the community: is the name too heavy ?
Unless you can come up with an elegant way to make sure the betrayal mons aren't guaranteed to be shit (be it in moveset or mon choice), I don't see this being interesting. The best I can come up with is to choose the traitors at random, but I doubt an OM that's fundamentally random would get approved.

You use Magnet Pull with Red Card and Roar in an attempt to force one of your three traitors to come out on their side: a Ferrothorn with Gravity/Endeavor/Sunny Day/Ingrain, a Ferroseed with the exact same set, and a Celesteela that has to accompany Gravity/Ingrain with a slightly less convenient pair of moves. They can only pass the time for 24 turns until they're forced to click Ingrain, at which point you no longer need to keep Magnet Pull around, and can switch to something for max-setup Acupressure to mow down everyone from then on with maxed everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)