Media Metalheads Thread III

just listened to dreariness - my mind is too weak to forget. depressive black metal / blackgaze with female vocals. really nice album.

recently listening to agalloch - the mantle (i know, i'm late). can see why it came so highly recommended. god-tier album.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
if you haven't listen to Ashes Against the Grain, I highly recommend you do so.

since i'm not the biggest fan of post rock/blackgaze-type stuff i'll rec crystal age's far beyond divine horizons. it's a cool cross between techdeath and melodeath. sentenced's north from here is similar but it has more black metal in it, it's probably better overall as well.

oh and rotting christ's sanctus diavolos is amazing.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Atmospheric black metal masterpiece, walknut are so satisfying, beautiful percussion, soothing riffs, so black and URGH pls listen

ataraxie is pretty great. i'm nearly done with their second album and it is very solid funeral doom, and that track from their new album seems beastly.

also agalloch may be overrated but they're still fantastic.

dirge - wings of lead over dormant seas is pretty nice atmospheric sludge.

also the body - master, we perish is some great noisy sludge. definitely one of my favorite EPs of this year.

Agonist

Promising song from the band Gamma Rays from the Sun.

Also, I'm surprised Tea_Demon hasn't said anything about Spook the Horses.

Last edited:
oh was i supposed to? they're pretty good and i'm always happy to plug local bands so here goes:

oh turns out they even have a new album due out this year which is pretty great news.

Last edited:
Entropia is pretty great.

got a track of theirs sequestered on my "play this on the radio when school gets back in" playlist.

already got over 4 hours of stuff on there.

only a few more weeeeeeks!

New stuff coming from Dark Age (Aug 19th), Fleshgod Apocalypse (Aug 19th), Necrophobic (Aug 20th), and Kreator (Sept 3rd).

Agonist

Fleshgod has already leaked.

Also, it's weird listening to Isis' last songs

then listening to their early stuff off the Mosquito Control EP.

Agonist

I do like Mosquito Control, it's just not as good as their later stuff.

Also, Panopticon has displaced Oceanic as my second favorite album.

Things I've found recently:

Thulcandra - Under A Frozen Sun: Dissection-esque black metal
Aeons - Aeons Black: straight ahead powerful death metal
Sentenced - North From Here: a very strong mix of tech/black/melodeath

Oh and the new Avenged Sevenfold is actually pretty decent... way better than I was expecting. It drags a bit and is decidedly mediocre in places but it's got some really good sections.

Agonist

Gojira's L'Enfant Sauvage is finally growing on me. Is it just me, or does the production on it seem kinda shitty?

Negură Bunget - OM
Summoning - Stronghold
Nydvind - Eternal Winter Domain

Not quite as good as the aforementioned 3, but Vreig - Milorg is sort of like Thulcandra, solid (melodic) black metal in the vein of Dissection.

Negură Bunget - OM
Summoning - Stronghold

good stuff.

be sure to check out Summoning's discog. they've been doing what they do for going on 20 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)