Media Metalheads Thread III

Found out about Wolfheart - Winterborn a couple of weeks back, a very nice melodeath album. In the same vein, found Shade Empire - Omega Arcane a couple months back, enjoyed that one immensely as well, either one being my current AotY. Anybody can recommend music similar to these two?

Winterborn stream

That Wolfheart album was decent, the Shade Empire album was a bit better. If you're looking for some good melodeath besides the more well-known stuff I recommend:

Autumn Leaves - As Night Conquers Day
Mors Principium Est - The Unborn
Noumena - Absence

at the gates are objectively the best melodeath band (although their older stuff is probably just death but w/e)

also seconding as night conquers day from BKC's post. the discovery is probably my second favorite melodeath song behind the swarm.

In Mourning are pretty good, I've listened to Shrouded Divine and The Weight of Oceans, liked both quite a bit.

I think I'm going to make my top metal of 2013 list soon, probably after I've heard Whispered's Shogunate Macabre, Necrophobic's Womb of Lilithu, and Kataklysm's Waiting for the End to Come.

Is the new Sepultura worth checking out?

Mors Principium Est - The Unborn
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Anyway, I listen to a lot of metal, mainly melodic death metal. These days I've mainly been listening to Scar Symmetry, Solution .45, Dark Tranquillity and Nightwish.

For Aeons Past by Solution .45 is definitely one of my favorite albums of all time. I can't wait until they come out with a new album.

The last show I went to was Wintersun, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Arsis and Starkill. Wintersun was AMAZING! I haven't been to many shows this year... I feel like I'm failing as a metalhead...

As expected, new Summoning was great.

TrueSoprano if you like melodeath, you would probably enjoy the Autumn Leaves album I mentioned in that post, as well as:
Carcass - Heartwork
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Dark Age - Acedia
Dark Lunacy - The Diarist
Fractal Gates - Beyond the Self
Garden of Shadows - Oracle Moon
Hollenthon - With Vilest of Worms to Dwell
In Flames - Whoracle
Insomnium - Above the Weeping World
Intestine Baalism - An Anatomy of the Beast
Kalmah - Swampsong
Merciless - Unbound
Quo Vadis - Defiant Imagination
Runic - Liar Flags
Sentenced - North From Here
Suidakra - Book of Dowth
Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil
Uncanny - Splenium for Nyktophobia
Unleashed - Odalheim
Valtari - Fragments of a Nightmare
Whispered - Thousand Swords

As expected, new Summoning was great.

TrueSoprano if you like melodeath, you would probably enjoy the Autumn Leaves album I mentioned in that post, as well as:
Carcass - Heartwork
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder
Dark Age - Acedia
Dark Lunacy - The Diarist
Fractal Gates - Beyond the Self
Garden of Shadows - Oracle Moon
Hollenthon - With Vilest of Worms to Dwell
In Flames - Whoracle
Insomnium - Above the Weeping World
Intestine Baalism - An Anatomy of the Beast
Kalmah - Swampsong
Merciless - Unbound
Quo Vadis - Defiant Imagination
Runic - Liar Flags
Sentenced - North From Here
Suidakra - Book of Dowth
Unanimated - Ancient God of Evil
Uncanny - Splenium for Nyktophobia
Unleashed - Odalheim
Valtari - Fragments of a Nightmare
Whispered - Thousand Swords
I've listened to a lot of that music, and I should check out the music I haven't checked out.
You seem to like Autumn Leaves a lot, maybe I'll check them out soon.

so i wasn't able to stream/record my show on wednesday, but i threw everything into Audition and exported it as a file.

so here's my show with no talking and no back announcing:

so i wasn't able to stream/record my show on wednesday, but i threw everything into Audition and exported it as a file.

so here's my show with no talking and no back announcing:
but i come for the music and stay for the talking :'(

cool tracklist tho i like skyharbor and altar of plagues a lot

can we still request stuff?

but i come for the music and stay for the talking :'(

cool tracklist tho i like skyharbor and altar of plagues a lot

can we still request stuff?
next week, i hope!

and yeah go ahead and throw out some requests.

keep in mind that i'm not a huge fan of death, and lean heavily towards black and doom and sludge.

also next week will likely be aiming for "scary" due to it's approximation to all hallows eve.

EDIT: oh and i DESPISE thrash.

Sort of related to metal: did anyone see Metalocalypse: The Doomstar Requiem last night? The music is amazing, especially Blazing Star (despite not being in the special)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)