Mew

Mew makes a great lead with magic coat

I run a bulky Mew (don't have the exact ev's right now )

Magic coat
Psycho shock
Softboiled
Calm mind

With the ev's I use he can tank a hit very well bounce back things with magic coat and calm mind up if he gets a chance.

Walled by dark types but aura sphere dosnt really have a spot on this

Mew could try a Transform set. It has higher HP than Ditto and Smeargle.

But, it needs to use up a turn.
Therefore, it is completely outclassed by Ditto.

Transform is frankly quite bad as a move, and Mew has a lot of other stuff it could be using a moveslot on.

Also, has anyone tried TRank+NP Mew? It looks like a great way to get rid of each other's counters.

Well, Mew is a nice lead IMO with SR/Magic Coat/Dragon Tail/Transform as transform lets you become nattorei or skarm and set up spikes. Dragon tail is just nice for phazing as well.

Also, has anyone tried TRank+NP Mew? It looks like a great way to get rid of each other's counters.
Seems not so great in theory, since it means having two team slots occupied by Psychics, which as we know is neither a fantastic offensive or defensive type. :0 However, I won't knock it (completely) until someone has tried it.

Lol at the first couple of pages. They state mew is broken because of being unpredictable and then proceed to suggest another baton pass set.

The mew I am currently running is

Keep em guessing mew
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Pretty much up to you
Evs: Up to you
Calm mind
Will o wisp
Ice beam/ Aura Sphere
Thunderbolt/Dark Pulse

The idea here is to use Will o wisp or calm mind as your opening attack. They don't reveal your set much. In fact will o wisp makes them think you are a support/status mew in which they switch in there mischevious heart user. I currently run a more bulky build with speed investment. It catches a lot of people off guard and has a lot of flexibility. Leftovers add to the bluff and makes mew bulkier. I guess life orb is a possibility but it kind of defeats the purpose.

Old topic, but I've been having a lot of success with a bulky lead Mew on the major PO servers.

Impish @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Defense/4 Special Defense
Fake Out
Stealth Rock
Will-o-Wisp
Dragon Tail

Fake Out gets rid of Sturdy/Sash for the leads against which it matters, and also reveals a lot about the opposing lead based on whether they get Leftovers recovery. Wisp with max defense seems redundant, but it's worth it against Mienfoo/Tyranitar/etc leads. The best thing about this is that the opponent doesn't really know what to use against it, and by the time they realize the set I'm using, I'm already Dragon Tailing though their team racking up SR damage.

Mew is seriously a beast and needs to be used more often. BP sets are SO meh. But part of Mew's unpredictability (I think), is that everyone always first suspects a BP set, especially if it's on an offensive team, which means the opponent usually switches in their hardest hitter or a pokemon to stat up along side it.

I've been using a the following set. While I came up with it myself, I'm pretty sure it's been thought of before.

Timid @ Leftovers
252 HP/4 SpDef/252 Spd
Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Recover
Psychic

And it's the shit. Takes 100% max from a modest specs Latios's Draco Meteor, meaning if I'm feeling ballsy, I can recover off the DM damage while Latios digs it's own hole with the -2 stat drops. Trick sucks though.

After a burn, practically nothing on the physical side can get through it. Outrages from the likes of Dragonite and Haxorous barely do 50%. The only stuff doing over 50% are CB T-tar crunch and CB Shubarugo Megahorn, and even those only do around 65&. Psychic lets it smack around pokemon trying to get a guts boost, revenge kill protect blaziken. (but not SD variants) and other fighting type pokemon that give my team a hard time.

The one thing I love about this set is that it dismantles both offensive teams and defensive teams with equal ease. The only answer stall has is Poison Heal Gliscor and Heatran. Any other wall is demolished by taunt + will-o-wisp. Given the physical inclination of most offensive teams, this Mew's burns are honestly a godsend, being able to lure in X-scissor terakion and most dragons. It falters a bit against weather teams but can still pull it's weight.

Mew is seriously a beast and needs to be used more often. BP sets are SO meh. But part of Mew's unpredictability (I think), is that everyone always first suspects a BP set, especially if it's on an offensive team, which means the opponent usually switches in their hardest hitter or a pokemon to stat up along side it.

I've been using a the following set. While I came up with it myself, I'm pretty sure it's been thought of before.

Timid @ Leftovers
252 HP/4 SpDef/252 Spd
Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Recover
Psychic

And it's the shit. Takes 100% max from a modest specs Latios's Draco Meteor, meaning if I'm feeling ballsy, I can recover off the DM damage while Latios digs it's own hole with the -2 stat drops. Trick sucks though.

After a burn, practically nothing on the physical side can get through it. Outrages from the likes of Dragonite and Haxorous barely do 50%. The only stuff doing over 50% are CB T-tar crunch and CB Shubarugo Megahorn, and even those only do around 65&. Psychic lets it smack around pokemon trying to get a guts boost, revenge kill protect blaziken. (but not SD variants) and other fighting type pokemon that give my team a hard time.

The one thing I love about this set is that it dismantles both offensive teams and defensive teams with equal ease. The only answer stall has is Poison Heal Gliscor and Heatran. Any other wall is demolished by taunt + will-o-wisp. Given the physical inclination of most offensive teams, this Mew's burns are honestly a godsend, being able to lure in X-scissor terakion and most dragons. It falters a bit against weather teams but can still pull it's weight.
I might have to try something like that. I was discussing in the Smogon Chat the other day that I didn't actually know what Mew could do viably. Why BP when you have Blaziken/Gorebyss that sets up for itself anyway? It seems to rely heavily on Will-o-Wisp though, but sounds very interesting.

Timid @ Leftovers
252 HP/4 SpDef/252 Spd
Will-o-Wisp
Taunt
Recover
Psychic

I must say this. I have used that exact set for whole round 2 and everyone on the server bot PO and Smogon laugh at me for using it. Yeah what the hell. And i must say its a nice set. Seriously use it, Its the best set for mew if your not delusioned by OMG BP MEW IS THE BROKEN MEW mentality.

Mostly they laugh because of magic mirror pokemon which isnt used very much and MH user such as erufuun which is relativekly unseen.
Pair it with hazzard and blissey and you get some crazy thing.
Also you can use it with Deo-D. Its a quite awesome defensive duo

Wonder Guard

But in all seriousness, it would be great with Magic Guard or Prankster.
i was thinking maybe technician, with it it could have a 120 base power frost breath which crits 100% of the time and a 82.5 (which rounds up i think?) bp snarl, which lowers their sp. atk 100% each time. those along with psychic and nasty plot make an interesting set.

nvm...snarl is not even released yet.
Don't double post, edit your post instead. ._.

Also Snarl is technically released, it's just impossible for Mew to learn it. A male Zoroark released in some random JP event has Snarl, so you can breed it onto anything that knows the TM.

Don't double post, edit your post instead. ._.

Also Snarl is technically released, it's just impossible for Mew to learn it. A male Zoroark released in some random JP event has Snarl, so you can breed it onto anything that knows the TM.
why would i care about my post count? And it would be illegal on mew seeing how you can't breed it.

(Double posting is against the rules except in a forum)
Isn't this a forum? But my point was that i have no motive to double post, and in my past experiences on forums they had a feature where if you double posted the most recent one was added to the previous.

Isn't this a forum? But my point was that i have no motive to double post, and in my past experiences on forums they had a feature where if you double posted the most recent one was added to the previous.
There is a sub forum of this forum literally called, "a forum." (see Mario With Lasers post)

Either way, talking about whatever ability a Mew COULD get is actually not based on any facts. As much as I would love to see a Prankster Mew or a Magic Bounce Mew, I don't think hypothetical ability sets fit here.

Anyways, sadly I have been limited in my PO playing lately for this suspect round, and haven't been able to see how the usage is going. Is Mew still in the depths of what seems to be UU? Has anyone seen Mew often?

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There is a sub forum of this forum literally called, "a forum." (see Mario With Lasers post)

Either way, talking about whatever ability a Mew COULD get is actually not based on any facts. As much as I would love to see a Prankster Mew or a Magic Bounce Mew, I don't think hypothetical ability sets fit here.

Anyways, sadly I have been limited in my PO playing lately for this suspect round, and haven't been able to see how the usage is going. Is Mew still in the depths of what seems to be UU? Has anyone seen Mew often?
Mew isn't getting gamebreaking usage in OU, but if you consult the UU suspect threads, it seems that it will most likely be banned for unpredictability and deceptively good offensive power. It's Mew's usage, really, that's putting it down. Mew can still perform wonders in OU as it can in UU, and being a Mew user myself for a while, it's a fact.

Mew being an "upredictable" utility belt is not grounds to ban it from OU. People should just get better at this game, honestly.
Unpedictability should not be underrated. Things like infernape or Salamence are difficult to switch in to, if you haven't seen a move yet. You take a gamble if you choose a physical or special wall.

But I agree. That shouldnt result in banning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)