Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

I really want to play on the Smogcraft update, but my Minecraft is being a jerk in the fact that I can't connect to any servers, it just shows, "Polling..." and then when i click it, my game crashes. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

maybe we should restart the server its so dead

I'm trying to decide if I should make your death swift, or long and drawn out.

After all the Interim servers and maps we had in waiting, let's keep one for once. There is an old saying (that I'm paraphrasing a bit) that applies here said by older people - and applies to relationships too - : "I come from an time where if something is broken, you fix it, not throw it away."

Did it ever occur to any of you that people might be getting bored of Minecraft? Just because there aren't people on doesn't mean that it's a problem with the map.

Remember the issue of villagers being reduced to sheep? Well now they are back in full glory with as many trades of the same item as you want, thank you 1.4.
And I'm definitely not getting bored with minecraft but I never see anyone on the server so I can only assume that not many people are on it now a days.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think everyone understands why we restarted the first map, so context for that one may assist to why there will not be any map resets soon. First that map was really really big, there was one town annoyingly enough in the 8000 range. This is why we have border control, that just got resized to 3000. The problem was that it was getting nearly impossible to find new chunks that had things like lapis, or heck even birch and pine trees. Around that time I think we may have known about villages coming up, but we did know there would be a replacement of biomes.

Currently our map can't find only a few things, emerald ore (which is tough enough to get since it only appears in 2 biomes, and is easy enough to get emeralds as it is), and the jungle and sand temples, which we have proven with the enderdragon is that one person will just go in and claim the prize anyways. I do not see it as a huge loss.

I'd say if you're bored, just explore a bit and see some of the rail lines, and what towns lie beyond them, you might be surprised at what you find, our server still has a ton of secrets and still tons of space for new things.

well we may not have been able to find desert temples before but we definitely can now.

that's from the southern desert that you can see a tiny part of on the smoggy map. the mountain to the left (which is claimed by asdfy, wolf and myself) is part of an extreme hills biome. i'm not positive but i think some of the hills might be new spawn meaning emeralds. guess we shall find out when we start mining in that area.

there's plenty to explore, another 1000 blocks worth. just enough for you to see something cool only to reach the border again =P

Yeah I went out for a quick explore into new territory this morning, found 6 emeralds \o\

Also found a pretty lame bug with the 1.3.1 patch; You lose all your experience if you /home from another dimension to the normal world. Just spent all of 4 minutes (!) at the Ender farm to get to lvl 30.. didn't have my sword on me so tp'd home...and I was lvl 0. I teleported again using /home and my levels were restored.. but I definitely couldn't enchant anything before the second tp.

But then I got this:

Just a heads up, I've had that glitch with exp too. But what usually fixes it is if you then get enough xp to go up another level. For example I too had just finished grinding at the enderman farm and tp'd to spawn but my levels were gone. But then I killed a couple of mobs and my level went up to 31. I think it's best that before you teleport now from a grinder make sure you're just under level 31. The glitch doesn't happen everytime though.

Also, has anyone died by falling through a void while going through nether portals yet?

I have not died when entering the Nether yet, but I had one instance where the chunks didn't load quickly enough and I was stuck in the Netherrack. A quick /home saved me.

Also, I found a new Extreme Hills biome somewhere to the north which has 2 abandoned mineshafts generating inside each other. I think there's ~6 cave spider spawners, and they're all really close together. I'll pull something off there later.
And I found 18 emerald ore there... in 3.5 hours of caving. That stuff is really rare. Mined it with Silk Touch to use it for decoration. :D

Double post because I don't know if editing a post will bring this thread to the first page again. If it does, punch me.

1.3.2 is out and they fixed some bugs and stuff... are we upgrading or do we just wait for 1.4?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)