Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

So after the disaster on the pvp tekkit server ages ago i moved to a different on with some other smogoners and we had lots of fun and every one lived happily ever after. until the sever reset that is and we stopped playing. here's the home i build myself as well as a very small glimpse of the town we had =)

A power cable runs up the center of the middle spire and powers a forcefield that creates a big sphere around ring. RIP oo:sos ville
The beauty is that we only created the entire town in a few days. Too bad we don't have screenshots. :<

recently me and megad0s have been playing on the neonbacon server, but its been down for a while, we could do with a new tekkit server to raid

Any news concerning our seed hunt? I think we should have something like a "Top 3" vote in the end.

I can't wait for 1.4.x, eventough it's probably gonna take a while :(

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
yes but then everyone will know the seed (just try all three and look for similar terrain) and apparently that is bad

Yup. Because genius minds will do the seed themselves, use a mod to find all the good stuff and mark their locations, and go to the server and do that. Suddenly no diamonds anywhere.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Any news concerning our seed hunt? I think we should have something like a "Top 3" vote in the end.
Nobody has actually come and recommended any seeds besides Wolfhound suggesting the seed "emerald" and grumbler suggesting the seed "suicide", so if you guys want some say in it you should PROBABLY pm either me or salice in wonderland with some legit suggestions.

Things we're looking for in seeds:

-Nice mixes of biomes relatively close to spawn (within 500 blocks or so)
-A decently flat-ish area for spawn that's about 150 blocks in radius
-maybe an npc village nearby so people can do trading type things early on and get carrots/potatos
-skeleton dungeon for early xp/arrows/bonemeal
-a fairly complete stronghold

Things we aren't looking for in seeds:

-large snowy/swampy wasteland seeds
-gigantic mountains everywhere
-seeds with like 5 npc villages a temple and 37 cave spider spawners clustered in one place but nothing else

Here's how we're doing spawn:

Smogcraft will go up with a whitelist. We are going to outline the area we are building spawn at. After this point the whitelist will be removed. You guys can either help gather materials for spawn or wander off and enjoy the fresh lands. A select group of people (read: mods) will be the ones to actually build spawn. Please do not try to build spawn yourself as we have seen what happens when we allow a clusterfuck like that.

Hi hello. We're gonna have spawn in a desert biome this time around. It'll be cool we can sandstone it up.

So yeah, for all four of you looking for seeds, the guidelines tennis posted earlier are basically added on to.

-Should be a desert, 'cause that's the whole point
-The desert should not be connected to a snow biome or right next to one
-If you want to make me and forks happy and uphold traditional smogcraft values, next to an ocean would be great but this isn't necessary

There are a lot of cool things we can name this spawn with a desert theme I am kinda digging Salexandria, right now, but suggestions are welcome.

Oh, also go check out the Smog Article on Smogcraft!

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As another general note: Don't start any grand projects right now on the current server map, however don't start breaking stuff like it is anarchy. I am working on a backup which will be posted once we figure out everything for the new server.

So if we have spawn in a desert biome should a make a sand generator early on so spawn doesn't get to messed up? because thats the main problem with deserts

Yeah, there is already a working Sand generator for 1.4.4, so I'm all for that.

Btw, I'm looking for seeds as well, but it's pretty tough to find one that meets all the requirements.

Important: Will we have a border control this time again? If so, I'd like to have at least one Witch Hut within the 1000's to make sure we can get a Witch farm going.

Speaking of looking for seeds, am I allowed to use AMIDST for a general overview first? The bad thing being that I know where all the stuff (strongholds etc) is.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Speaking of looking for seeds, am I allowed to use AMIDST for a general overview first? The bad thing being that I know where all the stuff (strongholds etc) is.
If you do use that, or check out the seed manually, please tell me (and give me waypoints of important stuff if you have them). I'm going through the seeds in creative mode and waypointing important stuff, as well as general locations of biomes.

Also a witch farm would be nice but I'm watching DocM's video on it and it seems like a whole lot more trouble than it's actually worth, since it's such a small area they can spawn.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Yeah Pakratt is building a Witch Farm in legit Survival, and it seems a lot more work than what it's worth, being a chance of glowstone and other 'decent' things

The reason why I'm using AMIDST is because it's efficient as hell. You blaze through seeds so quickly, but I've yet to find one that catches my eye both from the map overview and ingame. If I find one, I'll let you all know here and PM the seed to Salice or tennis.

Concerning the witch farm, I know it's a lot of work, but once I'm settled with a house and all that, I'll give it a shot. It's actually pretty easy to make the surface spawn-proof in swamps - just remove the top layer of dirt and let the water flow all over (creating sourceblocks). The caving is the tough part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)